Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Buprenorphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 16:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Injecting Suboxone to Get High

My friend was wondering if he could get high by injecting, say 8 mg of buprenorphine (hopefully Subutex, but probably Suboxone) if he no longer regularly uses opiates.

My friend has loads of experience with opiates and was prescribed Suboxone for 2 years. He has experience injecting it, but never got high since he was taking 16 mg per day. He is 100% aware of the dangers involved and is careful while preparing and injecting the shot. He is also aware that prepping it properly does not make it safe.

Currently, he uses opiates 2x a week, usually oxycodone, injected, in doses ranging from 30-80 mg. At this point for him to really get a decent nod/high he needs to inject about 70 mg. However he seems to have no physical tolerance and never gets dopesick between uses. On a side note, he was completely clean from opiates for 10 months, but when he started using again, immediately he was shooting the same doses of oxy and heroin. Weird.

He was hoping that, since bupe is a powerful opiate, and is euphoric in people not prescribed it, 8 mg injected would be enough to produce a powerful and long-lasting high.

Is that possible?
Old 07-06-2010, 21:47
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17 Points: 14,968, Level: 17
Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7% Activity: 18.7%
Re: Injecting Suboxone to Get High

Subutex (buprenorphine) will push someone who has previously taken opiates into WD, Sparkles knows this as she's recently used bupe pain patches, and suffered horrendous WD symptoms due to the dihydrocodeine, tramadol and morphine she was taking beforehand. She was also given pentazocine) which is also an opiate agonist.

Sparkles.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Absolutely correct, Buprenorphine will cause the precip WD's, Not Naloxone
Old 08-06-2010, 13:30
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

If you don't have an opiate tolerance, 8mgs is a HUGE dose, possibly even dangerous. SWIM has seen 2mgs (snorted) knock out someone who stayed up all night doing coke, and fucked them up for a day after that.

If SWIY is going to inject bupe, SWIM would highly recommend, first, waiting MANY days after their last oxy shot. Second, do 1-2mgs.

The naloxone in suboxone doesn't do much other than make the injected high slightly less pleasurable than subutex. Otherwise the deal is the same between the two, it will send you into withdrawal if you have other opiates in your receptors, which is why you need to wait like 2-3 days after doing the oxys unless you want to risk getting really sick, or at least not feeling good.

SWIM has injected suboxone before, but it was while he was on suboxone maintenance, and it wasn't good by any means. The orange syrup was particularly disgusting to inject. SWIM would really like to hear your experience if you go through with it, as he's always wondered whether opiate naive people would get off on IV suboxone.

Another hitting the nail on the head about the naloxone not doing much at all if anything

Last edited by dyingtomorrow; 09-06-2010 at 06:39.
Old 08-06-2010, 22:34

50 y/o Female
debcreature should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Injecting Subutex to Get High

Hello all,
SWIM was prescribed subutex last week for opiate withdrawal and have seen several areas where people talk about snorting or injecting it. SWIM is on 2 mgs in the morning and 2 mgs in the evening and has also been taking Klonopin and Prozac. SWIMS question is if I wanted to inject or snort subutex, how would I go about it?

Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 22:14

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

The naloxone that is in the Suboxone has almost no effect. It will NOT send you into precipitated withdrawals unless you are already dependent on a different opiate (besides bupe).

Buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity than most opiates and that is the reason why it will make you sick if you are already on other opiates; it rips the agonist off the receptors and replaces it with a partial agonist, creating withdrawal effects.

SWIM has injected Suboxone, up to 8 mg, with no problems from the naloxone. However there was no rush anyways.

Exactly, corect about Bupes higher binding affinity and Naloxones "no effect" status. Well done
Old 14-06-2010, 01:17

30 y/o Male
Ace910 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

First of all, suboxone is a powerful drug. I've seen people with no opiate tolerance get throw up and pass out from less than 0.5mg. On the other hand I've seen people go from being able to inject 3 80mg oxycontin in one shot (how they got that much in a syringe I don't really know) and not have a buzz to injecting less than 4mg of suboxone a day starting 18-24 hours after their last use of oxycontin. They reported no signs of discomfort or withdrawal.

The key to making a transition from opiates to suboxone is wait at least 24 hours (My closest and most trusted friend believes its 18 hours) between going from one to the other. Going from methadone or any other long acting opiate, you should wait closer to 72 hours before doing suboxone. If trying to make a transition from methadone to suboxone, it is easiest to us a short acting opiate (morphine, heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc.) during the 72 hours you must detox from the methadone.

Injecting suboxone may get you high if you have NO opiate dependence or withdrawal. Subutex on the other hand will give you more of a high, but it is nothing compared to an oxycontin or heroin high.

One big warning that I have recently heard from many of my friends, but I have not seen on any website. Injecting suboxone (i don't know about subutex) on a daily basis can lead to problems. ALL of my friends who do these on a daily basis have reported the first symptom to be their hands and feet falling asleep more easily. After several more months of use this later spreads to the arms and legs, and may be accompanied by a very painful burning sensation in the joints. Then two of my friends (the ones have been injecting suboxone the longest) have been getting terrible headaches accompanied by a fever that occur on days where the numbness and burning sensations are the worst.

Does anyone know more about the dangers of injecting suboxone and/or subutex?
Old 19-04-2013, 03:15

34 y/o Male from USA - New York
twistedx1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

i know this guy an he shoots heroin in his sparetime.But has a hard time affording it,so he binge uses.
After a good binger,he gets real bad headaches,feels sick to his stomach an runs a fever usually feels so crappy he just stays in bed.

His buddy threw him a sub one day 8mg i believe,he cut it in 1/4ths.Homeboy crushes 1/4 of the 8mg sub to powder,puts it on a spoon,adds 70cc's water,he pointed out to me that he uses 3 times the cotton than with "H",just cuz its in pill form an has extra junk in it "H" doesn't have.

So when you draw it up in your rig you only pull 60mg,inject in the semi-safe usual/clean manner you always do.Also to eliminate the sending you into heavy withdrawl thing wait at least 8hrs since you last used opiates,you might be chewing your nails a bit but is well worth it,beats profuse sweating,puking and hives that last for a few days.Hope someone finds this useful was reading above an felt the need to post this.

Last edited by Smeg; 26-07-2013 at 17:27. Reason: Paragraphing and line-spacing to facilitate reading.
Old 22-05-2013, 01:01

46 y/o Male from United States
jimmypins should review received reputation comments.

to me it's a waste.i'm a needle freak and will shoot salt if i had to but subs...never worked for me.got better results just folding up the strip and boofing it it the butthole.hits you quicker.i love/hate subs.saved my life but still after 5yrs keeps me chained.can't function without them.the pain of wd's is way worse than when i was banging 2-3 bundles a day...way worse...
Old 03-06-2013, 08:43

19 y/o Male from United States
4iend is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Steve has been prescribed 24mg of Suboxone (buprenorphine & nalaxone) for just about 10 months now, and for the past couple of weeks Steve has been injecting his doses daily, usually just one strip at a time, occasionally waiting a day or two in between in an attempt to regain some of the high.

In the beginning, about the first seven days, Steve got pretty high off the stuff. Quickly feeling the warm, euphoric heaviness of powerful opiate agonists, Steve was relaxed for a solid five hours or so. The only difference to slamming drugs like heroin and oxycotton, for Steve at least, was that the suboxone sometimes burned very bad while injecting and swelled up the veins for a little while, if the vein was too small, or if the solution was too thick, the injection was very unpleasant and painful and did not yield a good high at ALL.

Please keep in mind that this is only Steve's personal experience, and Steve does not claim to know everything there is to know about Suboxone/other opioids.

Some background information on Steve might help the reader a bit. Steve is 18 years old, and has been very heavily addicted to IV opiates, particularly Heroin, since 14. He began Suboxone maintenance in an attempt to kick heroin after the third long-term residential treatment program that failed. Steve hopes this helps somebody out there, thanks.
Old 09-07-2013, 08:11

23 y/o Female from United States
KamSmilezz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
Subutex (buprenorphine) will push someone who has previously taken opiates into WD, Sparkles knows this as she's recently used bupe pain patches, and suffered horrendous WD symptoms due to the dihydrocodeine, tramadol and morphine she was taking beforehand. She was also given pentazocine) which is also an opiate agonist.

Sparkles.
its called precipitated Withdrawls....not fun :/ the most horribles Withdrawls you can ever have....in kams experience taking .5 to 1mg of klonopin or any other type of benzos ( whatever your tolerance maybe with those, careful they're very strong and it is not recommended to mix them with any kind of opiate even suboxone, its dangerous) but a small amount can help prevent or at least make the precipitated withdrawals a lot less uncomfortable.

KamSmilezz added 5 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcreature View Post
Hello all,
SWIM was prescribed subutex last week for opiate withdrawal and have seen several areas where people talk about snorting or injecting it. SWIM is on 2 mgs in the morning and 2 mgs in the evening and has also been taking Klonopin and Prozac. SWIMS question is if I wanted to inject or snort subutex, how would I go about it?

Thanks
its very surprising to me that your doctor would prescribe you both suboxone and klonopin because too much of them together can be very dangerous.... however if you do it smart it is a good way to help with the with drawls a lot better than just suboxin alone. my pet dinosaur injects suboxin no more than a quarter at a time because he heard from an unreliable source that doing more than 2 milligrams intravenously doesn't work.... something with how the manufacturer's made it so that people can't abuse them but I'm not sure on that like I said unreliable source... anyways if you do want to do it a film or pill they are both prepared the same way you just add water enough so that it's not very thick at all mix it up very well and use a cotton to filter it.... don't heater or anything it's that simple... hope this helps!

Last edited by KamSmilezz; 09-07-2013 at 08:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
inject suboxone, injecting, injecting buprenorphine, injecting suboxone, shooting buprenorphine, shooting suboxone, suboxone effects, suboxone inject, suboxone injection, suboxone iv, withdrawals