Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 07-06-2010, 07:16
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
Mr. Mojo Risin is a decent psychonaut.
Smoking butts.

So my kitten will occasionally smoke butts, out of ashtrays, so yes, strangers. Disgusting I know. But there have been times when my kitten hasn't had the money or various other things needed to buy a pack and no one was around to bum one off of so he resorted to this. My kitten was just curious, besides say the common influenza or something is there anything particularly life threatening that can result from this? Also my kitten has always carried over a habit that he learned in his teen years, from friends, and that was to burn the filter not like black, just run a lighter over the filter to "sanitize" it. Now my kitten has always had doubts as to how much good this would do but continues to do it just to be on the safe side. Are there any benefits to this? Keep in mind the flame is only on the filter for maybe a couple of seconds
Old 07-06-2010, 09:42
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Smoking butts.

The filter is made of cellulose, and when you burn it you'll definitely get a good dose of (carcinogenic) aromatic hydrocarbons. Well, you get those with the nicotine too.

But let swim ask, what is the point of smoking the filter? The ratio of nicotine to other carcinogens/tar/whatnot must be extremely low...
Old 07-06-2010, 12:22
Titanium Member

Female from Ireland
Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 543, Level: 3 Points: 543, Level: 3 Points: 543, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM is aware of the this practise, (not herself) but when they have collected the butts, they empty the remaining tobacco out and then with rizla papers make as such a "roll up" .... thus they never have to put the butt near their own mouths! Smoking papers are only a few pence and using this method will be better hygiene wise for SWIY! The filters on the butts could be harbouring infections such as cold sores - Herpes Simplex!! SWIM suggests getting a pack of papers and keep them for times when SWIY has no money for cigarettes! SWIM has seen this practise many times and they have been well pleased with at least being able to have a decent cigarette when funds are low!!

Stay safe!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:51
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
b3ni is captain of the psychonauts.b3ni is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3 Points: 401, Level: 3

SWIM used to work in a supermarket, every morning without fail a man shown up and wondered round the car park picking tab ends up to roll into new(?) ciggarettes. It's a disgusting habit if you ask SWIM.
Old 07-06-2010, 13:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

When Sparkles was doing a detox years ago, a guy used to wander onto the psych ward and rummage through the ashtrays. One morning as he was about to put the newly rolled tab (from discarded cigarette ends) in his mouth Sparkles said..."I think it's only fair to warn you now, before you light that roll up, one of the tabs you used was mine, and I have Hep C, do you really wanna risk it?"

Glad to say he didn't, and he never got used butts outta Sparkles ashtray again, but how did he know that the other ashtrays were any better? He'd assumed I suppose? Sad that anyone is reduced to this, or emotionally unstable to the extent they're unaware of the danger?

Sparkles.
Old 07-06-2010, 13:16
Titanium Member

Female from Ireland
Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.Babychic01 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 543, Level: 3 Points: 543, Level: 3 Points: 543, Level: 3

SWIM too is sad to see this . she has seen it many times especially at her local pub where an elderly gentleman, is seen picking up the butts and making his own! SWIM thinks of it being like her when she was addicted to heroin, addicts do unfortunately take risks, one of sad side effects of addiction! NO she wouldn't share a needle, never has done, but she did used to share foil pipes on many occasions, to a degree same as smoking a cigarette butt???? Just a thought ....
Old 08-06-2010, 17:25
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15 Points: 11,132, Level: 15

Girlie was reduced to this practice for some time, though she generally preferred to 'reroll' a cig out of the butts that were available. But she's just smoked them before too.

She doesn't see it as much different than getting a 'check' or a 'deuce' (horrible slang terms for 'can I get the last half/quarter of the cigarette you're currently smoking?'); she's done that to & from relative strangers (tho, naturally, friends are preferred).

She, in the 20+ years she's been smoking, never caught anything this way. Just because she DIDN'T doesn't mean one CAN'T, but I'd say it's *reasonably* low on the risk scale.

I should ask the doctor next time I go.

~Kailey
Old 10-06-2010, 13:58

Female from United States
Over9000Pills should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1 Points: 25, Level: 1

swim has only taken cig butts from her fathers ashtrays, and of course only when shes really really broke... However when she does take butts swim prefers to tear them up and then reroll the tobacco inside with new rolling paper, so if you're planning on taking strangers ciggarette butts maybe you should give swims method a try

it's a little time consuming but I think it should help with any health risks you're worried about.
Old 31-12-2011, 02:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

21 y/o Male from United Kingdom
savagecomedown should review received reputation comments.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

I usually do this the morning after a party when I'm still too wired to sleep and I've run out of tobacco... Just go around all the ash trays finding dog-ends! Sometimes you get lucky and find some with weed in them ! I don't think there's much of a health risk to be honest... We're all human !
Old 31-12-2011, 03:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7

when i was a kid, like in middle school we would do this. we would know which ash trays were the best, no grown up traffic, lots of butts. haven't done it in a very long time. have you ever looked into rolling tobacco, if you buy the right stuff you can smoke for very very cheap. a pack of cigs costs about 8 usd around here but i only spend 10 dollars on tobacco and 4 on papers every 3 weeks. smoke about 6 to 10 cigs a day, so its real low impact on the pocket book.

i never caught anything but always worried about getting herpes. sometimes you would get a virginia slim with old lady lipstick smeared all over, and we would pass on that.

could also try ripping them apart and then rolling the loose tobacco into a cig, that ways your not getting mouth to mouth contact with stranger.

or best yet think about quitting, ive been cutting back and really want to quit, ive just been wait until it really feels right to do, when my life is a little more stable.
Old 31-12-2011, 12:46
Gold Member

kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
could also try ripping them apart and then rolling the loose tobacco into a cig, that ways your not getting mouth to mouth contact with stranger.
This is what we mostly did.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
have you ever looked into rolling tobacco, if you buy the right stuff you can smoke for very very cheap. a pack of cigs costs about 8 usd around here but i only spend 10 dollars on tobacco and 4 on papers every 3 weeks. smoke about 6 to 10 cigs a day, so its real low impact on the pocket book.
Heh, when I was running the streets as a junkie, $10 just wasn't something I could afford. Although you could get a pouch of tobacco (w/papers inside) for about $2, so we usually did this.

When in high school, my boyfriend & I would reroll our own butts into new cigs, cuz we were either broke (so couldn't afford a new pack) or more often, fucking LAZY (didn't wanna leave the house to go to the store). *LOL*

~Kailey
Old 31-12-2011, 14:58
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%

One issue with butts is that I believe there is a higher concentration of tar, and maybe other constituents and chemicals. The extra tar may make butts more likely to contribute to smoking-related disease.
Old 31-12-2011, 17:56
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
One issue with butts is that I believe there is a higher concentration of tar, and maybe other constituents and chemicals. The extra tar may make butts more likely to contribute to smoking-related disease.
And it's for exactly those reasons that I don't engage in this practice any longer. These days, if I'm out of tobacco, I'll either hit the e-cig, or just go without.

Apparently, I'm also supposed to be trying to quit smoking again tomorrow. *blink* Eek! I said I'm down to try, so long as using my e-cig doesn't count as 'smoking'. It doesn't - the goal is to stop inhaling combusted plant matter, not stop the intake of nicotine. So e-cigs, patches, gum, lozenges are all fair game. Heh.

Now I'm drifting too far off topic, so I'll sign off here...
Old 31-12-2011, 18:05
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United States
trdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumtrdofbeingtrd is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3% Activity: 3.3%

If a person must smoke a discarded cigarette, at least breaking off the filter would help with the health issues some. Some people have their lips all the way past the filter, but not that many. Once you break off the filter, it is a LOT safer than just smoking it with the filter on.
Old 14-04-2012, 15:58

Male from United States
gman7104 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

DO NOT smoke the filter... go to an ashtray if you need to I fed 2 years of addiction not spending a dollar on stoges, I would go out and take partially smoked clips from my local grocery store's ashtray lol
Old 14-04-2012, 16:30
Banned

38 y/o Male from Scotland
Aberdonian should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

u sure a tobacco company didnt start this thread subliminal messang lol, im off for a smoke after reading this lol is cig price discussion against the rules here? uk is terrible iv started smokin the cheapies, 12/13$ my old brand is now 15$ was 3 when i started showin my age now !lol

Share this on:

Tags
cigarette, cigarettes, drug, drugs-forum, herpes simplex virus, hsv, nicotiana, nicotine, tobacco