Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydromorphone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 01:11

Male
twhale should review received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Smoking hydromorphone

Can swim smoke hydromorphone? I ask because swim smoked oxys for the first time today and now swim wants to try hydromorphones becuase swim has lots and wants fast acting intense effects

twhale added 1 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

btw, swim has no tolerance with opiates as swim has only done oxys once before today and hydromorphones once before today

Post Quality Evaluations:
Welcome to the forum-Please avoid posting repeat questions on the boards.Cheers

Last edited by twhale; 01-06-2010 at 01:11. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 15-10-2010, 13:18
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ChiselD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Re: Smoking hydromorphone

My cat has never tried smoking D's, but he's quite familiar to bangin his dope. He advises that heat kills opiates, and that hydromorphone in particular is very sensitive to heat...SWIMs first encounter with IV'ing hydromorphone, his friend told him to heat the solution, and when it came time for the rush, there was NONE! HEAT KILLS this drug to my cats experience, so not sure how good it would be to smoke...at least MAYBE vaporizing the material could yield some pleasant effects, but if your friend don't bang, then stick to another opiate that would work better(H, oxy) for your route of admin.
Old 16-10-2010, 16:14
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Sublimaze is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1 Points: 37, Level: 1

^ bs the heat from heating the spoon did not fuck up the shot. Lots of people around here heat their dilly shots. Lots dont. Both get wrecked.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This could have been put in a more friendly way.
Old 16-10-2010, 17:14
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublimaze View Post
^ bs the heat from heating the spoon did not fuck up the shot. Lots of people around here heat their dilly shots. Lots dont. Both get wrecked.
Maybe they don't heat their shots enough to destroy all of the effects.

Heat *IS* bad for opiates, and heat *IS* bad for hydromorphone in particular.

Girlie used to set up 6mg (from 2mg tablets), heat it to try to get it to come into the water better, or whatever she used to think it would do, filter & bang it and wonder where the rush went. Leading to attempt ever larger doses, continuing to heat them and being disappointed and basically wasting MONTHS worth of prescriptions that way.

When out of frustration, one day she just loaded 4mg in the cooker & didn't heat it, and got a rush so strong she thought she'd puke. Continuing trials of cold shots gave the same results.

Researched online, found many, MANY, MANY people agreed.

It's not bullshit. But of course, everyone's free to do as they'd like.

~Kailey
Old 16-10-2010, 17:43
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.RaoulDuke32 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2 Points: 275, Level: 2
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

well assuming this guy in question smoked oxys, he probably knows it has to be freebased. hydromorphone kind of can be freebased. my friend thinks so, swim thinks its a waste of time and drugs.
Old 23-10-2010, 23:25
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
duhduhduhda is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1

this just sounds pointless
swim has seen people waste their dilly's this way
and it never fails to piss him off
if swiyou don't IV hydromorphone then don't bother with it
the only good thing about hydromorphone is the rush really
oxy's will stick with swiyou longer and satisfy more than hydromorph will when ingested in this way
Old 28-10-2010, 06:30
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.

Heating totally destroys hydromorphone shots (IV) so im pretty sure smoking will do the same.
Snorting them got Nez's Mask pretty high, so if one isnt going to IV them, dont bother smoking and snort... or just stick to smoking OC's.
Old 29-10-2010, 12:46
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
ChiselD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1

If your not gonna be bangin these...my cat suggests the next best thing, shove it where the sun don't shine! Granted you know what your doing, and don't just shove the whole pill up there lol
Old 20-11-2010, 16:40
Titanium Member

43 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.Piglet really adds to the discussion.
Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3 Points: 517, Level: 3

Hydromorphone is usually in the form of it's hydrochloride salt - heating salts tends to screw the amine. If SWIM were to base the salt with Na2CO3 or such, then the freebase would be arrived at - with a lower BP. Of course, to truly smoke it, the phenolic 3 position needs protecting. If SWIM reacts the freebase with acetic anhydride or acetyl chloride/bromide, then acetyl hydromorphone is the result (actually, it's a diacetyl, but no need to make things complex) has a very low BP indeed & smokes just like SE Asian smoking heroin...
Old 07-12-2010, 11:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
laws0n is a decent psychonaut.laws0n is a decent psychonaut.

For SOME weird reason OC's seem to burn just like H. Burns and runs very clean. SWIM was with a friend when he tried to smoke Hydrocodone (GROSSS) the pill is SOO huge and it was only a 5mg so it was rediculous haha.

Anyways it didnt run down the foil like OCs, it just stuck to the foil, became all crisp and gross. SWIM imagines hydromorphone would do the same, it just wouldnt run like an OC would.

If SWIM was in SWIY's shoes he would just snort it and kick back.
Old 17-09-2011, 08:00

Male from Canada
scottd420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Hydromorphone is usually in the form of it's hydrochloride salt - heating salts tends to screw the amine. If SWIM were to base the salt with Na2CO3 or such, then the freebase would be arrived at - with a lower BP. Of course, to truly smoke it, the phenolic 3 position needs protecting. If SWIM reacts the freebase with acetic anhydride or acetyl chloride/bromide, then acetyl hydromorphone is the result (actually, it's a diacetyl, but no need to make things complex) has a very low BP indeed & smokes just like SE Asian smoking heroin...
I think you meant Na2HCO3, baking soda, sodium bicarbonate...
What do you mean by the 3 position needs to be protected? You think it needs to be methylated like the codones? If one methylated 3 one would have hydrocodone. I don't see how that protects it from heat if it attacks the amine like you said? If so it would end up breaking the pyridine ring and fucking the whole molecule, it would no longer be active. A methyl group on the N (amine) is what makes it active; the longer that chain is, the less active it is, and at a point it becomes an antagonist, or partial agonist. Look at the struction of bupe and naltrexone.
The small amount of base you would get would be insanely hard to work with on a molar level. Say you have 4.00mg of salt multiply it by the base-conversion factor which I believe is 0.89 for hydromorph. If you calculated it you would find 3.56mg of base. That's like a couple grains of sand.
As for the acetic anhydride you would get 3-acetyldihydromorphinone maaybe if you know what you're doing. Since it's a saturated ketone, I doubt the AA would break the double-bonded oxygen.
Also, I'm curious, where did you hear of reacting with with acetyl Cl, Br? If anything, I'd think those would hydrolize in the solution and turn back into acetic acid and HCl/HBr. I couldn't see it reacting. Do you have a formula for it?
Old 17-09-2011, 19:06
Gold Member

Female from USA - Massachusetts
kailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond reputekailey_elise is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15 Points: 11,079, Level: 15
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Scott, just a note; if you notice under Piglet's name, his member level is "banned". So he won't be able to come back & answer your questions personally. With luck, someone else will be able to continue the conversation with you, though!

~Kailey
Old 20-09-2011, 02:39

Male from Canada
scottd420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1

Oh, look at me, I am so smart, S, M, R, T!

Thank you Kailey, that is very nice of you to point it out. I'm from Bluelight, and those guys would have torn me a new one. Thanks dear.
Sorry for bumping the thread with this guys.
Old 30-04-2012, 02:45

40 y/o Male from Canada
skyguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. This is my first post here and I would like to start off by sharing how great I think this forum is. I have been reading many of the threads and it is a breath Of fresh air to be able to read intelligent conversations regarding a subject that in other forums always seems to degenerate into incoherent ramblings. I am happy to be a part of this forum, I find the content generated by the various members to be insightful and enlightening.

I am uncertain however if the conclusion I should draw from this thread is that hydromorphone can, Or can not be smoked. Piglet apparently had some insight into this question but as he is now banned, the answer is still up in the air. I am not a chemist and Don't really understand the molecular properties of hydromorphone. Is it possible to free base it with backing soda? I know that many other opiates can be smoked, such as opium, fentanyl, heroin and oxy's. Is hydromorphone
Different somehow? If anyone would like to take the time to educate me in the basics of chemistry I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Share this on:

Tags
heat destroy, hydromorphone, hydromorphone routes of administration, smoking hydromorphone, snorting drugs