Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cannabis > Cannabis & Health > Medical Marijuana
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Medical Marijuana Medical use of cannabis.

Old 30-05-2010, 08:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

29 y/o Male
FreshIce is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
CBD component in Marijuana - Healing properties

SWIM just saw a docummentary "cannabis - the evil weed?" that a psychologist travels around the world pretty much to try to prove that cannabis is bad (that was my point of view anyway due to the reactions of this interviewer/psychologist) and in the end there was something really interesting that caught SWIM'S attention.

Cannabis contains a componenent called CBD that may be used as anti-inflamatory but also and this is surprising as an anti-psychotic ! This is a bit weird due to some interviews and publicity you see about cannabis that say, it can cause lose of brain cells ! Aparently in this docummentary many researchers with mice tests etc proved that cannabis don't have long term effects in the brain once the THC is gone.

So SWIM wanted to know, does all the MJ Strains cointain CBD?
Does this component by itself leaves you "high" ?

Thanks
Old 30-05-2010, 09:49
Titanium Member

Male from Netherlands
noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 417, Level: 3 Points: 417, Level: 3 Points: 417, Level: 3
Re: CBD component in MJ - Healing properties

Hi.

No cbd is not -psycho active.

In plants with a hashprofile,
the content of cbd is elevated.
There is more of "it" then there is thc usually on such plants.

This comes from wiki:

Quote:
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in Cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, representing up to 40% in its extracts.

CBD alone is not intoxicating but displayed sedative effects in animal tests. Some research, however, indicates that CBD can increase alertness. It may decrease the rate of THC clearance from the body, perhaps by interfering with the metabolism of THC in the liver.

Medically, it has been shown to relieve convulsion, inflammation, anxiety, and nausea, and to inhibit cancer cell growth. Recent studies have shown cannabidiol to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in treating schizophrenia.

In November 2007 it was reported that CBD reduces growth of aggressive human breast cancer cells in vitro and reduces their invasiveness. It thus represents the first non-toxic exogenous agent that can lead to down-regulation of tumor aggressiveness. It is also a neuroprotective antioxidant.
Cannabinoids are a powerful medicine, and are not evil by far.

The braincells they talk about,
yes cannabinoids CAN kill braincells;
those cells are called glioma. That's cancer of the brain.
Cannabinoids don't kill healthy braincells.

Here is some better info from the THC ministry, Amsterdam departement:

http://www.thc-ministry.net/cannabisinfo.htm
Old 30-05-2010, 10:41

29 y/o Male

Thanks for the info noAverageJoe , it's always good to learn this things.
I actually mentioned the lose of "brain cells" because SWIM has been taking synthetic cannabinoids for the past year , not MJ , and SWIM feels like he's getting dumb ! SWIM never tried MJ on a regular basis, in fact SWIM only tried MJ once , and it didnt have any effect pretty much!
SWIM now stopped taking synthetic cannabinoids on a regular basis due to the ban in the uk/ie and also what swim mentioned above regarding the "intelligence decrease".

SWIM's in IT area and his passion is programming, one year ago swim could programme easily and if he didnt know he just did a bit of reasearch and learned right away..but this doesnt seem the same way rite now, there is a lot of dificulty trying to understand variables , procedures etc. May the synthetic cannabinoids be the source of this ?
Old 30-05-2010, 11:18
Titanium Member

Male from Netherlands
noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.noAverageJoe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 417, Level: 3 Points: 417, Level: 3 Points: 417, Level: 3

Swim can't say where that comes from.

It can also be the way swiY tries to learn.
Or gets taught.
Maybe your diet changed?

He also worked in IT for a lot of years.
Still does off and on.

Smokes for more then 15 years, everyday.
Well, some days he does without actually, without any problems.

He can still pick up any language with ease.
Old 30-05-2010, 13:53

29 y/o Male

It's not just the "intelligence decrease" but also memmory as well..swim is not sure if this comes from the synthetics cannabinoids and all the chemicals inside or is it just swim.

But anyway this little thread actually convinced swim to try mj if possible once in a while. The letter from the THC ministry, was very explicit and straight forward .
SWIM will try to leave the synthetics with chemicals which are illegal anyway nowadays and try MJ , with limits obviously.

Thanks for the explanations, much appreciated.
Old 31-05-2011, 23:41
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
zornthro is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1

My guess is that SWIY isn't fully recalling his previous mental abilities. Everyone always overestimates how "smart" they are. Things already accomplished seem easier than they actually were. Its the brain's way of giving itself confidence to start new tasks.

Lots of things can also affect someone's ability to think, including stress, diet, sleep etc. My recommendation is to slow down and work through the problem instead of trying to crash through it.

Post Quality Evaluations:
don't revive old threads unless you have something useful to add. your comment is directed towards an inactive member, and has nothing to do with the topic of the thread
Old 08-07-2011, 22:26

24 y/o Male from United States
Tux27 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 103, Level: 1 Points: 103, Level: 1 Points: 103, Level: 1
Re: CBD component in Marijuana - Healing properties

My stoner penguin has recently(last few months) joined the medicinal cannabis community, and it has worked out very well for him.

He has replaced a large portion of prescription medications for pain and insomnia with cannabis. He has been using cannabis daily instead of the prescription drugs and his memory has actually improved. He's also more active and in better shape since he began using cannabis regularly.

My penguin also works in IT, but he's terrible at using a computer for more complex tasks[and sometimes even his BlackBerry if he's had enough] high , that's where the cannabidiol comes in. He uses his CBD tincture while working and it's very effective for pain without intoxicating him. He's happy to see that CBD is attracting a lot of attention and research lately.

Tux27 added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Oops, didn't notice how old this was.

Last edited by Tux27; 08-07-2011 at 22:26. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-08-2011, 12:35
Silver Member

Female from Micronesia, Federated States of
lostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way uplostmente is on the way up
Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2 Points: 262, Level: 2

this swimmer i know cannot consume cannabinoids but is interested in CBD for its antipsychotic properties, noaveragejoe mentioned a hash profile. can you elaborate on that? ideally an extract with low thc and high cbd would be great. if one researches the topic a process of centrifuges can be done to seperate out the cannabinoid species but it involves expensive equipment and a large regime of solvents.

it would be tempting to try some rudimentary chromatography. but if there were a strain that was cbd enriched that could be promising too.
Old 13-09-2011, 07:19
Silver Member

FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.FreeBliss is a decent psychonaut.

im interested in breeding a high CBD plant but also after a certain point in the plant growth THC begins to turn into CBD and other cannibinoids id kif it turns alot into CBD or if theres any way to test that.

I know its possible.
Old 13-09-2011, 07:25
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5

straingenius and budgenius are 2 testing labs for thc/cbd content
harlequin, as i stated in a recent thread is hella cbd, low thc.
Old 13-09-2011, 19:16
Silver Member

Thanks to veritas.socal telling me about "juicing" I looked it up on youtube and found that the fan leaves of marijuana are High in CBD. So enstead of throwing all that trim in the trash maybe you can make tichtures or you can juice it. That way you got buds to smoke or share and you got CBD leafs, nothin is wasted hell make rope out of the stalks if you want J/K.

I got this info on youtube so back up would be nice I cant be for sure im no scientist.
Old 15-09-2011, 21:08
Silver Member

72 y/o Male from USA - California
veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.veritas.socal must live here.
Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5 Points: 1,135, Level: 5

a dude told me to look it up, and it was just as he said. will try and let you know, complete with pics...juicing just has to take place right as they are pulled, huh? for the most juice.
peace
Old 15-09-2011, 22:21
Silver Member

Yea i guess you would have to juice them soon or maybe refrigerate? There has to be a way to extract it safely like hash oil.
Old 15-09-2011, 22:31

Female from Earth
Tillianne is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2 Points: 195, Level: 2

The CBD in cannabis is what helps my pain and inflammation from Rheumatoid Arthritis. It is a god send for me, not evil at all.
Old 15-09-2011, 23:17
Palladium Member

33 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Routemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPACRoutemaster Flash must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7 Points: 2,361, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

This is an interesting thread to me, since I don't smoke weed (i.e. buds) at all these days but am quite fond of hash. At least I was until my connection disappeared recently, but hey ho.

I think hash is said to have a higher proportion of CBD than bud cannabis, and I've read that while not psychoactive on its own, it modulates the THC high to induce a more melow, relaxing effect. Whereas the very strong 'skunk' common in the UK these days (the US equivalent might be 'hydro', I guess - basically strong weed, grown indoors under powerful lamps, perhaps hydroponically) has been selectively bred just to have a very high THC content, so the CBD has probably fallen by the wayside. This is why strong bud gets you high in a way that can be 'edgy' or paranoid-feeling, whereas hash or more traditional weed strains with more CBD in them get you 'stoned' rather than 'high'.

I've also heard about the neuroprotective properties of CBD. Which makes it all the more believable that smoking lots of very strong weed can be pretty bad for young developing brains, especially in anyone predisposed to mental illness, as you've got all that THC with little or no CBD to balance it. Hash is definitely the way forward, it just feels like a much more 'grown up' drug than harsh, smelly weed.

Share this on:

Tags
antipsychotic, cannabidiol, cannabis, cbd, drug, extraction, hemp, marijuana, marijuana lab, medical cannabis, medical marijuana, weed