Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Tramadol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 03-11-2005, 21:11
Iridium Member

Male
Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6 Points: 1,555, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Snorting Tramadol

I got a hold of a few capsules of Tramadol Hexal. I've taken tramadol several times orally before, but i don't have many pills this time. So i thought i'd snort them instead, to make it more efficient.

Basiclly, what i'm worried about are the risks of this alternative way to ingest. I heard that you can get siezures if you inject a sufficient dose of codine, so does the same apply for tramadol? And do i need to worry about it if im snorting?

Post Quality Evaluations:
decent question which could provide useful info
Old 04-11-2005, 14:31
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male
oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.oggy probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4 Points: 666, Level: 4
How much are you going to snort? I have 50mg caps and I might try the same. It doesn't do much fo me orally, I've taken up to 200mg's.
Old 05-11-2005, 21:58
Iridium Member

Male
Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.Creeping Death is captain of the psychonauts.
I was planning to snort 100 mg along with smoking some weed. You can always add more if it's not enough. But it's alot stronger when you snort than when you pop, so the best thing is to just snort little by little. Meh, i'll probably do it tomorrow instead.

If you're gonna do it, you should take about half (or less) of what you take orally to start off with. Wait for it to kick in, and then take more if it's not enough.Edited by: Creeping Death
Old 08-11-2005, 02:22
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
let me know how it goes, ive been interested in snorting Tramadol Hydrochloride
Old 08-11-2005, 02:48

Male
icecrew is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Ive tried snorting it, my suggestion dont do it its the nastiest drip
in the world! and it hurts like fuck to snort the crap and its bad a
shell for ur nose will leave a hole in it size of a quater if u do it
alot... PEACE
Old 13-11-2005, 20:16
Iridium Member

Male
Eww, you're right. It took me a half hour to snort 100 mg (2 capsules). Burns a damn hole in your nose, and makes your throat taste like chemicals all night. The effect isnt at all better than taking it orally. Waste of pills.
Old 29-07-2011, 20:52

37 y/o Male from USA - Tennessee
jhurt6971 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Re: Snorting Tramadol

you have to mix some filler to be able to handle, b12 500mcg' per pill eases the burn and the b12 helps it kick in well... according to my friend trammy-bear
Old 29-07-2011, 22:16
is not his mind

Male from Earth
NeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond reputeNeuroChi is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 21,116, Level: 21 Points: 21,116, Level: 21 Points: 21,116, Level: 21
Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2% Activity: 9.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecrew View Post
Ive tried snorting it, my suggestion dont do it its the nastiest drip
in the world! and it hurts like fuck to snort the crap and its bad a
shell for ur nose will leave a hole in it size of a quater if u do it
alot... PEACE
I've heard the same, though I've never tried it. Apparently the worst burn there is. Probably akin to 2C-I or something of that nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhurt6971 View Post
you have to mix some filler to be able to handle, b12 500mcg' per pill eases the burn and the b12 helps it kick in well... according to my friend trammy-bear
Interesting suggestion, is this safe though? Vitamin B12 is psychoactive after all.
Old 29-07-2011, 22:23
Titanium Member

Male from France
zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.zerozerohero probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3 Points: 545, Level: 3

Tramadol has an oral bioavailability of about 70%, it's unlikely that the bioavailability of tramadol when snorted comes anywhere close to that.
I'm therefore not sure if snorting is interresting at all or not, and i'd tend to advise using it orally given the numerous reports of tramadol being extremely harsh on one's nose, not to mention that some of it will be inhaled and it's very likely one's lungs won't appreciate it at all.

As requested in rep. comment: info is (as so often) from wikipedia (the english version).

cheers

good info re: bioavailability, please post the source of this info next time for more rep points

Last edited by zerozerohero; 30-07-2011 at 12:52.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:48
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Australia
wrek1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1 Points: 63, Level: 1

swim is on tramadol 200mg sr, if snorting this would this get rid of the slow release and hit swim straight away, if not how can swim make this work quicker as swim is now having 400-600mg sr at a time to feel something and get rid of the chronic pain
Old 12-08-2011, 10:55
Silver Member

Female from United Kingdom
dqbtc is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

From SWIM's experience, emptying the caps into cigarette papers (make sure you wrap it up and rip off any excess, SWIM has vomited up papers before which is pretty unpleasant) and swallowing them that way with water is the fastest way to take tramadol.

Don't snort it. It's pretty much pointless, and as you've figured out by now really painful.
Old 31-08-2011, 05:48

Male from Portugal
LoveNwar is an unknown quantity at this point

My dog tried it once. No big rush or anything. But again, his brain associates snorting with cocaine so much that he probably was (somehow, deep in his subconscient) expecting the same feeling of happyness. Coke is coke and a downer just can't compare. Take my advice, get some H. Or, if you want to snort anything, man, just do coke and have the time of your life.

stupidly dangerous advice - 'take my advice and get some heroin'...are you for real?
This is really bad advice.
Heroin is about 50 times stronger than tramadol. Really stupid advice.
very dangerous! harm reduction is first and foremost!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27
Silver Member

dqbtc is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveNwar View Post
Take my advice, get some H.

That is the worst advice I've ever heard. This forum is highly focused on harm reduction, think a bit more before you tell people to do that kind of thing.

An excellent synopsis, really. It's taken me some time to read this post, but I wholeheartedly agree with the focus on harm reduction and speaking up for this truly excellent forum.
spot on! well said and the op should reconsider their foolish 'advice'!
Old 05-09-2011, 10:49
Mercury Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Skäggbiff needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Sure you can snort it. But it's better to swallow, no pain.. In SWIMs case, when he did Tramadol- (he got it in wholesale zip bags from Poland) so no capsules, he used toilet paper or smoking paper and swallowed.

Sometimes he did snort a 50-150mg (after swallowing at least 500mg I think.. 2005 is a long time ago) - just because of the psych feeling of snorting something up your nose. It can take some time tho depending on the amount of course - it clogs your nose pretty fast.

Good luck!
Old 07-09-2011, 11:22
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from Netherlands
Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 257, Level: 2 Points: 257, Level: 2 Points: 257, Level: 2
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

I looked into this before for quite a long time and have heard absolutely nothing good about tramadol insufflation. Bypassing 1st pass metabolism perhaps (if snorting it does bypass like say a benzo would) is undesirable with Tramadol as less is going to be converted to M1. I don't even see a mechanism as to how it would help make you any higher not to mention work when going up the nose...
Old 22-11-2011, 00:46
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from Canada
Cin2souls is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Ok, guys, one thing my dog knows a lot about is tramadol. But he's NOT a doctor so use discretion with his advice!
He says, do NOT snort it! He says it barely even gets you high compared to popping it. He takes 300mg everyday by using a method called "parachuting".. He takes a tissue or piece of toilet paper and splits apart. (If the tissue or toilet paper is not two-ply, you can still use it) rip out a square, and put a pile of a crushed extended release pill on the paper and fold it up into a ball, twisting it closed. Then swallow it like a pill.

He recommends for a dosage:
50mg increasing to 50mg in a couple hours depending on how you feel, for someone with no tolerance for opiates. (if youre tolerant to other drugs, don't trust youll be tolerant to tramadol, it is a very strong synthetic opiate and can produce a euphoric effect, but
overdose could be nasty.)

200-300mg for one that is very tolerable to opiates.

400mg not exceeding 600mg for the daily tramadol user. (do NOT use this much unless you have taken more than 300mg before or if you daily use 300mg or more of tramadol per day.)

Like he said, my dog is NOT a doctor so use his advice with discretion.

If you have further questions, call a pharmacy and speak to a pharmacist, it's confidential and could possibly save your life.

Decent all round advice. Perhaps I myself should follow as his dog often gets feed over 700mg at once. The ceiling affect depends on your liver enzymes...
potentially dangerous advice - please quote references when going against standard/common medical knowledge
very well said and good advice
Old 22-11-2011, 20:19

Male from United States
dieseldog1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I thought tramadol is not an opiate. It its a synthetic opiod. I have afoaf who swears up and down that consuming grape fruit juice prior to taking tramadol will greatly potentiate its effects.
Old 22-11-2011, 21:45
Smeg Smeg is nu online
Opiates & Opioids
Co-Moderator

52 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Smeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline MedlineSmeg must mainline Medline
Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12 Points: 7,197, Level: 12
Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0% Activity: 16.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin2souls View Post

200-300mg for one that is very tolerable to opiates.

400mg not exceeding 600mg for the daily tramadol user. (do NOT use this much unless you have taken more than 300mg before or if you daily use 300mg or more of tramadol per day.)
With respect to your post, is it safe to use more than 400mg daily using the method described?

Does 600mg not exceed that seizure threshold?

I am prescribed 100mg daily for orthopaedic pain which I take orally in the late evening.

Is it that you are saying that 600mg in a 24 hour period is the new ceiling, and that it is (for the most part) seizure risk free given the method of ingestion depicted?

Last edited by Smeg; 22-11-2011 at 22:54.
Old 22-11-2011, 22:41
Gold Member

catseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumcatseye is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11 Points: 6,085, Level: 11

^^ the global RPh online reference for medical professionals states tramadol doses should not exceed 400mg/24 hrs. The lowering of seizure threshold has been shown to apply to patients with a history or epilepsy, head injury, decreased kidney or liver function, and those taking certain classes of antidepressants such as TCA's or SSRI's (as quoted below).
Quote:
Case reports of seizure activity seem to be linked to supratherapeutic doses of the medication, and recent studies out of the United Kingdom refute the notion that recommended doses of tramadol used in the general population places an unnecessary seizure burden on patients. However, the risk for seizures may be elevated in patients taking certain classes of antidepressants (TCAs or SSRIs), because of extensive inhibition of neurotransmitter systems, and careful monitoring of these patients is often necessary.
But what equals 'supratherapeutic'? Is it anything above the 400mg? I haven't been able to come up with a specific answer
If Cin2souls could provide a reference for their guidelines I'd be very interested in reading it Otherwise, as it stands, doses of tramadol at that recommended amount could be extremely dangerous IMHO.
Personally, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't be messing about with tramadol above the 400mg threshold...it's not worth the risk, users may feel 'fine' but they could suffer subclinical seizures without even being aware.

ref:
Luft A, Critical Care Seizures Related to Illicit Drugs and Toxins, Current Clinical Neurology, 2010, 341-354.
Old 22-11-2011, 23:29
Policy, Various & Reviews
Co-Moderator

49 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12 Points: 7,130, Level: 12
Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1% Activity: 11.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin2souls View Post

Like he said, my dog is NOT a doctor so use his advice with discretion.
It's good that you advise others to use their discretion regarding this advice.

Taking more than 400mg of Tramadol daily increases the risk of seizures. The following is from an article by Ruth Savage, of the New Zealand Pharmacovigilance Centre, Dunedin. I've only just uploaded the url, so this may not be available until approved by a moderator.

Serious Reactions with Tramadol: Seizures and Serotonin Syndrome
Tramadol can induce seizures especially at high doses In the last five years, tramadol has been the most commonly implicated medicine in reports of seizures to CARM ( Centre for Adverse Reaction Monitoring) A total of ten reports were received to December 2006, involving eight females and two males with an age range of 15 to 49 years. Ten patients were given tramadol orally and five intravenously. Seizures have been reported in patients receiving tramadol at recommended dose levels. However, reports to CARM indicate that high doses, co-prescribed medicines and a history of epilepsy may increase the likelihood of seizures with tramadol.

Reducing the risk of serotonin syndrome and seizures with tramadol
The dose of tramadol should not exceed the recommended maximum daily dose or the recommended dose for a single administration - see box below.

TRAMADOL DOSING GUIDELINES
The total daily dose should not exceed 400mg.

I understand the urge to increase dosage, especially where tolerance has become an issue. However, high doses are extremely risky. Anyone who needs to take more than 400mg daily would be well advised to taper down their daily dosage to a maximum of 400mg.

Last edited by Mindless; 22-11-2011 at 23:34.
Old 29-12-2011, 00:04
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless View Post
TRAMADOL DOSING GUIDELINES
The total daily dose should not exceed 400mg.

I understand the urge to increase dosage, especially where tolerance has become an issue. However, high doses are extremely risky. Anyone who needs to take more than 400mg daily would be well advised to taper down their daily dosage to a maximum of 400mg.
Absolutely!!!! This advice could not possibly be taken seriously enough. Tramadol is seriously dangerous stuff, abuse of it is far more likely to lead to dangerous health crises than the other, more recreational and more restricted narcotic analgesics. I would even go so far as to say that abuse of it should basically not occur, but seeing as how it is dispensed with an almost negligent ease (to be fair the good doctors are wising up, when I had a huge prescription 3 months were dispensed at a time with 90 50 mg tabs per month, enough to kill many many people... And I was assured that it did not have much potential to cause dependence or serious withdrawal although at that point it was already common knowledge amongst chronic pain sufferers that having an ultram monkey riding your back was just about the worst condition possible to achieve via opioid agonism. A seriously protracted half life in a drug that functions both as a SNRI and a mu agonist... Thats not a monkey, it's a drunken, mangy, incontinent bonobo (yeah, the ones with the sex...) desperate to give everyone it encounters SIV an followed by a handful of poop flung at major league pitcher velocity which it stealthily tosses when you think it's stepped outside for a post coital smoke.)

Anyway, yeah it's still unscheduled although this will most likely change soon, and for good reason but until then for those addicted to opiates and desperate (like there's ever a without b...) it is a viable option. But from personal experience I want to be sure to reinforce the seriousness of this warning. I experienced it once when I was a teenager and had enjoyed it up to 600 mgs spaced out. I hated the edgy anxious comeup which felt a lot like the first hour of a DXM trip with giant pupils and the obligatory vomiting episode. Basically coming up from more than 100 mgs at once is probably gonna make you barf. Just saying from personal experience and its really frustrating to power through the sweaty jittery "fuck this kinda feels like a roll but judging from the fact that I hate it; fuck I'm betting pipes once again..." only to eject the majority of your dose and be rewarded with a mediocre high that makes one nostalgic for the codeine with guafenesin garbage they give little kids. However if one can hold on while that pesky methyl group gets chopped it will transition to a pleasant and powerfully clean opiate euphoria that lasted for HOURS...

Please do not stop here and go get tramadol. The love affair is not a happy one. Anyway, so later on I got a more chronic prescription as stated above, and this was when I was older, more "hard headed" and already tolerated/addicted to moderate doses of hydrocodone due to a serious cluster headache problem. I quickly learned that the fact that tramadol relies so heavily on cytochrome p450 metabolism (like codeine) to not totally suck a fat one, means that you can never really be positive what you will get from it day by day (it also means sniffing it is unwise, unspeakably painful, and carries no benefit other than rapid onset of the shitty too much espresso and I'm feelin myself effect, it still means you gotta wait for the same amount of time for it to start to feel better. In addition studies and my experience indicate that the best way to get a good ratio of swimming to sick is to take small doses slowly. The time release form of this stuff is apparently known to be more a abusable, because the prodrug never peaks in your bloodstream in levels that cause effects that, for many people, are actually a fairly aversive stimulus. So I concur with the above, don't do it!)

But the real reason I felt justified in basically repeating everyone elses answers is that I suffered a seizure following a 600 mg dose of Tramadol over the course of 6 hrs. As stated above, I was tolerated and hooked on opiates and was not at all satisfied with what I was getting from the recommended dose, so I pushed it up to 400 mg and got a good amount of relief, although I did feel a little strung out and nasty. Anyway, after a while I stopped feeling relief and just felt strung out and nasty, and so I decided to take an extra 200 mgs, thinking that having never had a seizure, serious head injury, history of any significant alcohol abuse (truth be told I fucking hate that shit and wore it out from middle school to the beginning of highschool. Gotta love a decent high that you probably wont remember if you reached a level of altered that everything else does as a matter of course, paying you a dividend of the worst possible after effects a drug can induce. Nothing is as toxic as alcohol, I would say its probably the nastiest poison that humans willingly ingest in any significant quantity with the possible exception of the midwestern emo teens and their hydrocarbon gases.) or the concurrent use of any other drugs, and the fact that it was only my second time using it should effectively keep me safe. Nope. I came up again but felt really really unpleasant, dysphoric, edgy and sweaty. I retired to my bed and as I lay there my leg began to twitch involuntarily. I got a rush of panic/adrenaline, my vision became reddish, and I felt a tingling sensation throughout my head and face. It was like my brain was being zapped repeatedly with a cattle prod, which kinda makes sense I guess. Anyway the next thing I know I'm laying in a different position, my body feels like I had just survived a Pantera moshpit with a pink TRL v-neck muscle tee being my only protection from the angry sweaty rednecks high on acid and Wild Turkey 101 determined to make me think twice before I tried to out gonadotropin them in the future. Anyway I was alone at the time in my apartment so I cannot verify that it was without a doubt a genuine tonic clonic event. But I can think of no other explanation besides way too much inhibition of norepinephrine reuptake causing a massive panic attack (I did have severe depersonalization for the rest of the night so I guess it's possible) and I can only be extremely grateful that another medicine I took for the nerve pain of my clusters, gabapentin was both an anticonvulsant and had a very long half life because I had taken some 10 hrs or so earlier and I'm sure it prevented me from lighting up like a Christmas tree and awakening to find myself with serious memory deficits or my tongue sitting in my lap. Honestly, seizure or not the episode scared me enough that in the future I accepted tramadols limitations and never exceeded 400 mgs in a day (usually not even 300 because the anxiety was significant at this level.) I eventually developed the habit of using it to potentiate my hydro script along with my supplementary flower arrangements and, when I spent a quarter in Washington DC (aka analgesic nirvana), the medicine that an OG I often smoked cigarettes with on F Street outside my job named "Boogie" prescribed me (true story, he was even almost legally blind and walked with a pimp limp. He had spent a lot of time talking to Chandra Levy and was really articulate and full of fascinating experiences to draw upon for someone who's circumstances had understandably limited the scope of his universe to a large degree. Anyway I digress. He scorned tramadol as codeine with a personality disorder, and I think there's no more fitting description than that.

So yeah, I know that the fact that a lot of times you can literally request this medicine from doctors and they will think you are being concious of the risk of dependence "real" opioids have, as opposed to taking advantage of what was almost certainly the result of a great deal of free stationary and lunches being distributed by ex-cheerleaders to aquire a powerful narcotic before the FDA caught on the their latest "whoopsie" and began the lumbering decade long process of protecting the public from the number one cause of precipitated seizures in the developed western world (I assume that this qualifier is a nod to malaria, so do you really want to take a drug that falls just behind the #1 most deadly natural threat to human life on the planet in sheer ability to make you tesla out? I'll stick to poppy seed tea if I ever decide to go down that road again, which I won't. But getting an exasperated sigh from a grocer when they ring up your restocking purchase for your bagel shop is better than a tragic sigh from your loved ones when you wake up covered in piss and sweat and cannot recall who they are for a few days.

Last edited by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason; 29-12-2011 at 00:09. Reason: As usual started making a point, paused to make a joke, went on a tangent, and point fell to the wayside.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:14
Co-Moderator

Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason View Post
Tramadol is seriously dangerous stuff, abuse of it is far more likely to lead to dangerous health crises than the other, more recreational and more restricted narcotic analgesics.
Tramadol can be quite dangerous, but my impression is that high levels of risk are associated with larger doses. If Tramadol is taken in the doses it is intended for (50-100mg) the risk is much lower. It is fair to say that it is not risk-free, like any other prescribed or recreational drug.

In comparison with traditional opioids, including the more restricted narcotic analgesics, tramadol has fewer of the typical adverse effects, giving rise to less respiratory depression, less constipation, and less potential for addiction (British National Formulary BNF 62 2011). There have been rare reports of seizures at normal therapeutic doses, although these do occur more frequently when dosage is increased, especially over 400mg per day.

Taking tramadol in larger doses does increase risk, but I don't agree that it more likely to lead to life-threatening crises than other opiates or opioids. If anything, the risk is comparatively low when measured against other opioid analgesia.
Old 29-12-2011, 01:47
Silver Member

20 y/o Male from Canada
can-I-bust is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

if you really want it to kick in faster or pass the time-release or wtv reason. why not chew it or put it under your tongue?(probably still gross but at least won't destroy your nose) i just swallow when i take them because its not when i'm trying to get high. like stated above it also synthesizes with antidepressants to contribute to serotonin toxicity so be careful. and to the idiot who said just get some heroin, i say just get some poppy seeds and make some tea, gross to drink, but decent.
Old 29-12-2011, 14:06
Titanium Member

32 y/o Male from Netherlands
Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.Gryzor is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 257, Level: 2 Points: 257, Level: 2 Points: 257, Level: 2
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by can-I-bust View Post
if you really want it to kick in faster or pass the time-release or wtv reason. why not chew it or put it under your tongue?(probably still gross but at least won't destroy your nose) i just swallow when i take them because its not when i'm trying to get high. like stated above it also synthesizes with antidepressants to contribute to serotonin toxicity so be careful. and to the idiot who said just get some heroin, i say just get some poppy seeds and make some tea, gross to drink, but decent.
Sublingual aka under the tongue bypssasses first pass metabolism which is necessary for the liver enzymes to break Tramadol down into M1. Basically pointless and parachuting is about the fastest to peak....unless you'd rather inject...
Old 29-12-2011, 15:54
Co-Moderator

^^ that's a nice, concise rationale for oral use. What's M1? The point about liver enzymes is well made. However wouldn't the same apply to injecting? I'm not certain about this as I've had IV tramadol in an ambulance and it worked well as an analgesic, but the tablets or capsules may be a different matter. Or am I mistaken? I presume you are referring to IV rather than IM use, as the latter wouldn't really make a difference to speed of onset. What I am sure about is that tramadol tablets/capsules are not designed to be injected, and would be quite tricky to convert into a safer formulation for injecting.

Share this on:

Tags
analgesic, coke, daily use, opiates, opioid, snorting drugs, tramadol abuse, tramadol use, ultram