Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Tramadol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-04-2010, 18:14

42 y/o Male
northwestern should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Tramadol alternatives

I have researched tramadol and have discovered that tramadol is identical to effexor without the opioid effects. Swim is going to do an experament with codeine and effexor after his tramadol tolerance no longer works. Swim likes the combination of opiod and the anti depressant stimulant effects of tramadol and doesn't think codeine would even compare unless the other half of effexor is combined to this opiate. I looked up the drug interactions of codeine and effexor and have discovered only a moderate interaction. Any suggestions on the amount of effexor swim should combine with codeine? Has anyone ever tried this? What do you guys think?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do NOT post duplicate threads on the same topic. Read the Forum Rules.
Old 28-04-2010, 19:31
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
blink1989 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Tramadol alternatives

Actually, Tramadol is a Srotonin Releasing Agent, unlike effexor.

Its also an NMDA antagonist.
Old 29-04-2010, 00:36

42 y/o Male
northwestern should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink1989 View Post

Wikipedia definition quote..."The closest chemical relative of tramadol is velafaxine (effexor) an ssnri. The two molecules are nearly identical. While venlafaxine is devoid of any opioid effects.So if swim takes effexor daily and adds modest amounts of codeine swim thinks this combo might put tramadol to shame. Swim will try it out and keep you posted.

northwestern added 36 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestern View Post
Wikipedia definition quote..."The closest chemical relative of tramadol is velafaxine (effexor) an ssnri. The two molecules are nearly identical. While venlafaxine is devoid of any opioid effects.So if swim takes effexor daily and adds modest amounts of codeine swim thinks this combo might put tramadol to shame. Swim will try it out and keep you posted.
Oh and by the way, effexor is a serotonin releasing agent, read the facts before you post false information dude.

[/QUOTE]Wait!! nevermind, your right dude, I am mistaken, sorry, your right, I went back and reread the wikipedia, my bad.

Last edited by Ilsa; 30-04-2010 at 16:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-04-2010, 16:28
Silver Member

Male from Earth
testodan is on the way uptestodan is on the way uptestodan is on the way up

Aside from venlafaxine, swiop might look into duloxetine, a close relative serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor which has been approved both for diabetic peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia, while venlafaxine has not got any official approval for pain related conditions.

As for venlafaxine dosage, swiy should keep in mind at low doses affects serotonin mostly and at 75 mg and higher, norepinephrine as well, while on big doses of 300+ mg dopamine comes into play. Duloxetine on the other hand, equally affects both neurotransmitters at a given dosage range and also supposed to be non dose dependent unlike venlafaxine, though not sure about the latter with only one cite has seen by now..just FYI..

My pet, considering the effects and mechanism of action of tramadol, on which finds pronounced the norepinephrine effects, (And serotonin), might go with duloxetine if it was swiy, though it depends on what dosage range of venlafaxine will play, if does so.

For my pet btw, tramadol does not come anywhere close to the aforementioned antidepressants, effects wise. The animal valuates it as a drug with real recreational value rather than a mood only enhancing drug. Of course a possible weak opiate and SNRI combo should make things feel different.

Last edited by testodan; 10-05-2010 at 03:04. Reason: grammar, add info
Old 06-05-2010, 08:17
Banned

39 y/o Male
mstroud needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink1989 View Post

Uh, yeah dude. Forget Effexor-just a typical antideppresant, similar to an SSRI. SWIMs tried everyone you can name, even 3rd line MAOIs- total crapp mostly (at least for SWIM). Just increased anxiety. All sorts of wierd side effects. Most of em' I could hardly stand. Paxil SWIM tried and coul'nt get off the floor from the anxiety- all this was before SWIM started the Long road of absolute F'n Euphoria called poppy pod tea, then laudanum, polydoping, the 'Nod'- but that's a different thread. But it was the only drug that had the desired effect for SWIM... just note that the elevator may never stop.
Tramadol/Ultracet- analgesic that is a quasi "partial opiod agonist" for maybe one of the four opiod receptors. Very Lite. Coincidentally however, in 2002 when SWIM was in the 118th hour of his DeathStruggle with hideous opiate W/D- Tramadol was pretty new (SWIM finegaled a pack from a Curacao Pharmacy). Seeing as it was pretty much all SWIM was gonna get, SWIM took some. After about twelve hours SWIMs Hellish sleighride through Hell was at an end. Just emerging from Hell was euphoric! (for SWIM)... Otherwise, it's effects are almost nil- perhaps some mild euphoria, etc. for some people. And yes- opiates do have a paradoxical stimulatory/ sedating quality depending on which of you're 4 opiod receptors (mu, delta, kappa, and nociceptin) is getting tickled and plugged and the binding affinity (potency). And SWIM would guess those who do get liking tramadol, adjust rather quickly to it. Morphine (the mu receptors' namesake BTW) or Dilauded it is most certainly Not. Tramadol is to Tylenol 3 what T-3 is to Vicodin (Hydrocodone). Is Tramadol even scheduled by the DEA? It was'nt way back when. You really don't have much to work with.
Sorry, SWIM forgot what your question was. Tramadol has no alternatives, its Tramadol. You know in the U.S. if you make friends with a local pharmacist- they are legally given the discretion to simply give you narcotic pain meds w/out a M.D. script. Now SWIMs talking like a handful of T-3s and maybe even a sch. III like hydrocodone- if she really likes you and sex is promised beforehand-just kidd'g. You do have to write down yer name, etc. Little known factoid for scoring opioid. Ha! (actually hardly worth the rigamarole now that SWIM thinks about it). Anyway,
Check with you're State's Board of Pharmacists Regulations.
Other than that, see a shrink, get some (Legal) benzos if anxiety is problematic. Just don't get carried away. All- Everyone who bites the dust is a Stone Cold Polydrug abuser- as in Ten OTCs and a Dozen more Sch.'s II-IV. Its so damn easy to fall into that trap... sayeth SWIM. It all starts off with a single med, then soon a snowball effect hits, especially under the right (wrong) circumstances...

Goin out to smoke some of my whiskey cigarettes with Jesus Christ.
Old 09-05-2010, 00:12
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
blink1989 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwestern View Post
Actually everything I said was correct Check your own facts before posting.

Venlafaxine (effexor) is an SNRI - Not a releasing agent

And I can assure you the two feel NOTHING like eachother. Tramadol is also a much more potent NRI.

Just because they are closely related does nor necessarily mean the will feel the same,

EDIT: Oh swim just read your update thing.. Ok correction accepted

Edit

Last edited by blink1989; 09-05-2010 at 00:16. Reason: spelling
Old 09-05-2010, 01:01

Male from Canada
Tailypoe should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

jack took two TEC 3 codeine pills and felt like absolute hot dog shit on a dog shit stick. Seriously, it made me feel like 5 black cats in a black cat sack. With tuberculosis.
However, tramacets made jack feel like a dull boy, albiet a nicely spaced out one .... jack gets jaw jitters and feels zoned out from SSRI's, and usually has a horrible body load with opiates, but this shows some promise !

I asked jack and he thinks he still has TEC 3's, and knows he still has citaloprams, but can't find the container. I suggested he seek help.

please pray for jack.
Old 09-05-2010, 18:08
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

SWIM takes Effexor and Tramadol (as needed for migraine pain). He really sees few, if any similarities between the two. Effexor is not even noticeable at 300mg (a very high daily dose), but does keep his anxiety at bay. Tramadol is noticeable at 25mg and has a very distinct feel to it. The fact that it is a serotonin releasing agent is quite apparent, as SWIM's visual perception is enhanced.

Please do report back on the codeine+Effexor mix. SWIM doubts it would be like Tramadol, but who knows.

Share this on:

Tags
codeine, codeine combinations, drug, drugs, effexor, opiate, opioid, tramadol, tramadol alternatives, ultram