Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Concerta & Ritalin
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Concerta & Ritalin About Methylphenidate.

Old 28-04-2010, 04:43
Silver Member

Male from Canada
bimmer is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1 Points: 110, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Ritalin - The High is gone!

SWIM recently started taking Ritalin to study. First few days SWIM would get this amazing high... feel real good, cheered up, confindante and mellow happy feeling. Lasted about 30-40 mins.

After 2-3 days of use SWIM could no longer get this high. Is this normal?
Old 29-04-2010, 07:48
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
robotripper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5
Re: Ritalin - The High is gone!

Swim wouldn't say it's "normal", as allot of study's have shown tolerance doesn't usually increase with methylphenidate until taking about the 60mg range daily. SWIM knows the euphoria and happiness that your talking about quite vividly as he experiences it every day and it had never lessened in intensity since day one. Sometimes on weekends when SWIM is finding video games semi-boring he will take his extended released Ritalin (Biphentin) crush the beads up and put them back into the capsule so it becomes instant release (also known as parachuting) which provides swim with an excellent euphoria that lasts a hour or so and than he will crush another 30mg or so and snort a bit when necessary to maintain the feeling. Perhaps your just one of the unlucky ones who has tolerance build up quickly =(

Best of luck to your friend
-Robotripper
Old 16-05-2010, 07:48

28 y/o Male from Brazil
tripfromthetropics is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

I think it is normal. SWIM started taking it on a regular basis, sometimes he gets a nice feeling, sometimes not. Depends on why you are taking it(to wake up, as an appetite supressor, to get high, to concentrate), on your humour, on what are you doing, if you are alone and so
Old 22-05-2010, 09:12

Male from Sweden
Tukotih is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1

It's normal. SWIM's experienced the same. A week off the stuff usually resets SWIM's tolerance and will make SWIM high again. Although, still nothing like SWIM's first time.

Let me tell you about SWIM's experiences which he wrote while on ritalin, since SWIM wrote this to me, he refers to himself with me & I. Although, I, the author of this reply, did not write this.

Here it goes:
Quote:
--- Something unrelated to the discussion in beginning of e-mail ---

The first time when I crushed the shit and snorted 40mg I got so high, euphoric and concentrated that I thought I was going to get addicted from the first use as you can get from cocaine. Although, after 3-4 days of daily use, with poor sleep and very bad appetite, the euphoric effects disappeared. I was still feeling the heightened concentration. BUT, I had a really hard time "feeling" it. I'll never forget those 1 and a half hours of eternal bliss and extreme euphoria. I became one with music, almost stuck in it, removing un-related thoughts just by thinking "Get those thoughts away, they don't belong here."

It was awesome I tell you, If someone doesn't develop tolerance for this shit and get as heavily affected every time as I got the first. They will have a truly hard time getting off.
Since I payed about 4$ for 40mg, it's a hell of a cheap drug as well for it's first time effects.

If everyone develops a tolerance like me, this is truly a drug for those with a healthy heart. I don't know why I kept on filling my body with the substance the second and third day. I didn't need the concentration and I felt that my dopamine was depleted, even if it's just an NDRI you still feel depleted.

Peace brother, I'm off to get my train back on the tracks and eat some raw eggs to refill my dopamine & norepinephrine.
Remeber: This was a private e-mail, not any type of reference. Although, you might feel like you've experienced slightly similar events with your use of MPH.

Just to add, eating 2-3 raw eggs about an hour before snorting/parachuting really heightens the experience, eggs contain lots of sweet stuff like Tyrosine, Phenylalanine, Tryptophan and Choline-related substances. These will take your high to a new level with minimum after-effects. If you feel any after effects, eat 2 more eggs (Approx. 100g).
Old 24-05-2010, 06:35

26 y/o Male
LostAllFeeling is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

swim had trouble getting recreational use out of ritalin... untill swim figured out how to smoke it. it wouldn't help anyone to study or get anything done, but one hell of a high. soooooo much like crack it's scary. alot less euphoria, but very much like smoking crack. if swiy were to smoke ritalin, swiy could get incredibly high off of the smallest amounts of ritalin.

in general swim had trouble experiencing a high off of eating or snorting ritalin within the first 10 days, so it's not unheard of to no longer get a high off it. take a few days off, then try it again. see how that helps
Old 25-05-2010, 06:10

Male from United States
marijuanaking is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

yes, its called tolerance. Methtlphenidate builds a tolerance pretty easy. SWIM has been snorting up to 100mg focalin, dex-methylphenidate, roughly 2 1/2x stronger than ritalin, every morning for about 4 months now. he finds that taking a day off lowers the tolerance significantly. happy tweeking bro
Old 27-05-2010, 10:57
Silver Member

Male from United States
no-go is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Tolerance to MPH builds incredibly fast. A piece of advice swim wish he knew when he started: Once you take MORE MPH, you can never again take less than that. In other words, don't push your high if you don't have to. Those people like swim who consume it in excess, binge, and so on.... they wish they never made the mistake of trying to get higher for longer. Swim had the exact same high each and every day for like a year, taking HALF the dose as directed... until the first time he abused. That kind of high is long gone....
Old 23-06-2010, 03:31

27 y/o Male from United States
ephedrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

OMFG, no-go has exactly stated the one vital truth to MPH:

Quote:
Once you take MORE MPH, you can never again take less than that. In other words, don't push your high if you don't have to. Those people like swim who consume it in excess, binge, and so on.... they wish they never made the mistake of trying to get higher for longer. Swim had the exact same high each and every day for like a year, taking HALF the dose as directed... until the first time he abused. That kind of high is long gone....
Some lessons are learned only too late :/
Old 24-06-2010, 19:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

55 y/o Male from Canada
edarrin is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

^

Hmmm. What if you take a month off?

I have been IV'ing it (don't need a lecture) for the lack of energy and sleep deprivation of opiate w/d (works great). I was hoping to return to oral use once this is over. Wouldn't your tolerance go down after a period of time.

To the OP: normal. I call it the 'law of diminishing returns'. Same with every drug I've tried.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Not gonna lecture about IV use, just about self incrimination, please go back and read the rules again.
Old 27-06-2010, 04:50
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
Canadian4Life is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1 Points: 86, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

This is normal and a reality for all. Ritalin is prescribed for ADHD and that just means its supposed to help you focus and concentrate and that's it. People who take it for other reasons like depression and obesity should and usually only given it for a short period of time because it's appetite killing effect as well as it's antidepressant/mood boosting effect do NOT persist, they wear out very quickly. But it's effects on concentration, working memory and focus (focus is not motivation) were found to be sustained even after long periods of use. So taken once in a while it will give euphoria but not if taken daily.

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, crack, dopamine, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, euphoria, methylphenidate, parachuting, ritalin, ritalin effects, snorting