Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > RECOVERY & ADDICTION > Drug Addiction & Recovery > Cocaine addiction
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine addiction Support for coping with Crack & Cocaine addiction and Crack & Cocaine addiction treatment.

Old 22-10-2005, 04:25

bittersweetx331 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Problem with veins from injecting cocaine

SO I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM WITH SHOOTING UP COKE ... AND ITS ONLY THE SECOND WEEK I'VE DONE IT.

THIS THURSDAY I LEFT SCHOOL EARLY BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY MORE COKE TO SHOOT UP. BASICALLY... I USED UP ALMOST EVERYTHING BEFORE 11:30 ENDED...

I SHOT UP ABOUT..5 OR 6 TIMES BEFORE 1ST PERIOD EVEN ENDED...

I NEED HELP. I THINK I'VE BEEN FUCKIN UP MY VIENS... AND I'M WORRIED. IT LOOKS LIKE MY VEINS ARE SWOLLEN ON MY ARM... WELL IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE IT.. .IT IS!

ANYWAYS. I TRIED FINDING ALMOST ANY VEIN I COULD STICK THE NEEDLE IN ... CUS I WAS FUCKING DESPERATE AND THOUGHT THAT I MITE AS WELL GET A GOOD HIT IF I FUCKED UP MY ARM FOR ALL THAT TROUBLE... BUT I JUST SEEMED TO MAKE IT WORSE AND WORSE... I EVENTUALLY GAVE UP AFTER ABOUT... 3-4 HOURS!!! YEAH... [u]DESPERATE[U\] . ANYWAYS... I ENDED UP JUST SNORTING A LOT.. .BUT I ENDED UP WASTING A LOT OF COKE. LIKE... AT LEAST $WORTH? OR MAYBE EVEN $! NOT SURE.

ANYWAYS. MY VEINS ARE FUCKED UP... I EVEN TRIED TO PUT IT INTO ONES NEAR MY HAND... EVEN CONTEMPLATED MY LEG...

IF ANYONE HAS ANY ADVICE ON THE FOLLOWING:

1. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT MY VEINS?! ITS JUST SWOLLEN I THINK... NO REAL DAMAGE I SUPPOSE?

2. TWICE WHEN I TRIED TO SHOOT UP INTO 2 SMALL VEINS - THEY ENDED UP EXPANDING LIKE I PUT A TON OF AIR IN THERE OR SOMETHING... AND THEN CAME BACK DOWN WHEN I TOOK THE NEEDLE OUT. VERY DISTURBING HOWEVER . ANYONE KNOW IF THATS A PROBLEM? ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT WAS ABOUT? ITS LIKE... MY ARM GOES NUMB.. .BUT I DON'T FEEL THE REAL HIT YANO?

3. IS THERE ANY WHERE ELSE I CAN TRY TO SHOOT UP BESIDES MY VEINS ON MY ARM? CUS I'M WORRIED TO TRY ANY OF THAT SHIT ANYTIME SOON

4. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THE SWELLING TO GO DOWN? OR BRUSING?

ANYWAYS... I GUESS THATS ALL I'M CONCERNED ABOUT. IF YOU CAN TELL... I'M STILL FUCKING SNOWBALLED FROM THE SNORTING. PLEASE ANSWER... I'M SO DESPERATE AND SCARED!!!

THANK YOU!!!

BITTERSWEETX331

SORRE THIS SHIT IS SO LONG!!! I KNO I HATE READING LONG SHIT!

Last edited by Kitts; 24-06-2014 at 23:46. Reason: prices removed
Old 22-10-2005, 09:48
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Micklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond reputeMicklemouse is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11 Points: 6,283, Level: 11
Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7% Activity: 4.7%
Mate, 2 weeks in and already you're banging coke and looking for new places to put it? You're not going to like this, but yes you should be a tad worried, and on several levels...

1] Swollen veins can lead to necrosis(tissue or bone death in other words). Not nice, and not reversible - once it's gone it's gone...

2] Small veins need small needles and very small particles. Are you cooking your coke well before cranking? I'm guessing not if you shot up 5 or 6 times before 11.30 in the morning! Another consideration is the cleanness of your needles - you could be introducing particles of dried blood into your veins, not to mention insoluble impurities from the coke, which could cause blockages, which could lead to a stroke or gangrene or worse... You are also putting a huge strain on your heart by iv'ing coke, and putting yourself at risk of a heart attack.

Remember also that coke is an anaesthetic so you may not feel the pain that would otherwise tell you something was seriously amiss until it's too late!

Hopefully the swelling should go down pretty quickly, but if it persists, or you get any hardening at the injection site, seek medical attention quickly. Please. Dont be scared to do this. If you're over 18 there is no reason I'm aware of for the medics to contact your parents, unless you leave it so late that it becomes a serious medical emergency.

Sorry to be so grim first thing in the morning, but not as sorry as I am to read a post from someone obviously so young getting into such a a state. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm also that guessing that by school you don't mean university...

Please slow down and get some help before you cause yourself and yer loved ones a lot more pain than a bruised vein or two, which, if you're lucky, is all you've got. Physically at least... Take a look at what you're anaesthatising with your drug use, and sort it out while you're still young and relatively healthy.

A couple more points - 1) always remember that Google is your friend; if you can find 10 minutes to post here you can find 10 minutes to search Google.

2) Turn your caps off mate, you're shouting and sound like a coke-head !

Take care mate, and once again, slow down!
Old 22-10-2005, 18:09
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

45 y/o Male
Be-Bop is captain of the psychonauts.Be-Bop is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 235, Level: 2 Points: 235, Level: 2 Points: 235, Level: 2

Goddamn.....mate, first thing you need to do is SLOW DOWN!!! I understand that might not be an easy thing! There are already a few threads on the Forum about how to go about shooting drugs, so do a search.....but there are a couple of things that you bring up that i feel need to be addressed immediately:

DON'T USE THE VEINS IN YOUR HAND, or any vein on your extremities.

It sounds as though you are 'missing' your shots, & that is why you are getting swelling at the injection sites...as Micklemouse says, coke is an anaesthetic, & you are probably not feeling the pain that someone would 'normally' feel when they miss like that.

Apart from all the VERY GOOD ADVICE contained in Micklemouse's post..all that i really want you to take in is....STOP banging coke until you have done some more 'research' on the subject...otherwise you are, at the very least, going to leave your arm looking like a battlefield for the next couple of weeks, & at the worst...end up without an arm!!! That is not likely to happen at this stage, but if you keep going the way you describe, it is a definite possibility..but it is good you are 'scared'. I.V.ing drugs is a serious business...you are opening up your bloodstream to the outside world, & if contaminants or bacteria get in? Well...it's not good!

BE GENTLE, & BE CLEAN, & USE NEW SYRINGES FOR EVERY HIT!!!!

Be-Bop.
Old 24-10-2005, 08:27
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

As the others said you are missing the veins, which means that the muscles get swollen (not the veins).

Frankly, IVing coke is a waste anyway. Its about 5 minutes of hedonic rush then an anxious, depleted feeling. If you have to take it, sniff it-- its over quick enough anyway!
Old 24-10-2005, 15:50

Male
miffy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1
Some really good advice from others. If you mess up with this you could lose a limb or kill yourself - It sounds like you're missing - injecting near your vein but not actually into it. When you put the needle in, pull back just a little on the syringe. You should see a little blood shoot back from your vein into the solution in the syringe. This bit of blood tells you that the needle's properly in a vein - if you don't see it, don't inject. To get a vein properly, you need a sharp needle.

It's hard to give any sorta reliable advice or information about this online. There could be any one of many problems, and I wouldn't know how to advise you over the web. If you're going to inject anyway, get someone with some experience to show you how. If you have hurt yourself or have hot, swollen lumps where you've injected - talk to a medic.

Otherwise - don't do it. Yeah, you might not get quite the same buzz by snorting, but it's much safer in the long run. Injecting has got me into years of trouble and a pretty nightmarish situ I can't get out of. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Furthermore, injecting cocaine really messes up veins. Never use hands or feet.

My advice - you've only been doing it a few days - grit your teeth, take the comedown, and let it be a learning experience.

Last edited by Kitts; 24-06-2014 at 23:43. Reason: formatting
Old 24-10-2005, 21:20
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Found this while looking elsewhere on these fora:

http://helpingaddicts.net/safer_injecting.htm

I've seen far too many complications from shooting up to say that it's a good thing (for me anyway): but if you do it do it safely.

Much love X
Old 25-10-2005, 01:06
Gold Member

Male from USA - Maryland
acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Dude. Swim knows your pain, he used to shoot H and speedballs for 6-7 years....4 years later doctors still cannot find a vein without a lot of searching. You are permenantly scaring your body, and believe me it doesn't look very appealing. Soon (and I know you are saying no way but believe me it will get there sooner than you think) you will be shooting in your toungh, your neck, the palms of your hand, the soles of your feet, and your penis...and you will FUCK IT UP...maybe not permantly but still, not good. Not to mention bacteria in the blood, lung problems and all the other things that people have mentioned above me. Stop, get help now...you fucked up now fix it before you dieor wish you were dead. GET HELP, if you don't do it now it will be exponentially harder to do it later.
Old 13-12-2005, 04:56

Female from United Kingdom
Muirner is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2
dude, i know almost nothing about shooting other then i have about a bagillion needles in my house, but i'm not into that. Anyways, make sure when your going to shoot up that you take the plunger and pull up a little bit to make sure you pull some blood into the syringe... If you dont then your not in the veins... I'm not saying pull up 10cc's but more like .5cc's .05cc's (1cc=1ml)... This way you will know if you have a vein...

Muirner
Old 03-01-2006, 15:29

27 y/o Male from Australia
kritikal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2 Points: 191, Level: 2
STOP!! Do it right now, not in a few hours, not tomorrow, RIGHT NOW!!

Obviously the way you are going is to a very serious addiction, and i know you do not want that.

Coke is best snorted anyway, your better off snorting with a better effect and you know it is "alot safer".

Just dont do it at all in my opinion. Quit and do it for your family, your friends, anything you hold dear to yourself and most importantly YOURSELF!!

Besides if your into stimulants and shooting is your thing, maybe you should move onto meth longer high etc, etc.... although that'd b just as bad for you anyway.

Moderation my friend, if u can. Even better if u could just stop!!!!
Old 05-01-2006, 03:14

Male from United States
INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.INodHardOhYeah probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3
SWIMs struggled with cocaine and heroin addiction for a long time, he's spent years chasing that first high, but you wil NEVER get that first high again. Some advice from a long time coke user; Everyone quits eventually, either it kills you or you stop.

Do not listen to people who tell you to keep bangin in moderation, its not possible, I promise you there is no such thing as moderation for heroin, cocaine, anything like that.

Oh yeah, by the way, once you collapse a vein you won't ever get it back, from the sounds of it you are in High School, you are still young, stop, stop now before 2 weeks turns into 2 years turns into 10 years, if you make it that long. Don't ever look back on "the good times" it was the worst time of my life, Its a fight every single day, but it gets better I promise.
-Drugstore Shogun-

Last edited by Forthesevenlakes; 30-10-2006 at 00:26.
Old 10-01-2006, 04:19

Male from United States
korky8097 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3 Points: 481, Level: 3
Is the 5 minute high really worth your life? You are standing on the edge of the cliff with your toes hanging over, you are very close to not being able to get back on track, keep at this and i can promise you, all this will catch up to you. I recomend you ween(sp?) yourself off of coke by first snorting, and then slowly using less and less. If you cannot do it, GET HELP. If you somehow are able to survive this abuse to your body, how long do you think you will really be able to keep shooting up at school. Im guessing you shoot up in your car or in bathroom stalls (correct me if im wrong). If i were a bettin man i would say you just might get caught sooner or later. In which case there is no weening yourself off of coke and using treatment, i hear prison isnt the best place to go while still addicted to something.

Sorry to sound harsh but man, take a second to think about what you are doing. Above all, good luck and godspeed.

Thought id mention this. Go watch the movie requiem for a dream. Its based on heroin, but the ending should leave an impression on you.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:25
Silver Member

condo_pygmy is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Blasting coke is real bad, you're hitting every 10 minutes for that rush,
your heart is racing & your arms turn into pin cushions, when you miss you're taking a chance of serious infection. Real Nasty habit !!!, haven't touched that shit in over 6 yrs.

Share this on:

Tags
injecting cocaine, injecting problems, injection, missing a vein, swelling at injection site