Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 22-04-2010, 21:03

24 y/o Female from Australia
NudieLova should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 217, Level: 2 Points: 217, Level: 2 Points: 217, Level: 2
Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0% Activity: 3.0%
Smoking cigarettes while on meth?

Swim's just curious if she's the only one that feels no need to smoke ciggs while on meth, 'cause it seems many smokers tend to smoke more
Old 23-04-2010, 00:26
Silver Member

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Smoking cigarettes while on meth?

SWIV has been both ways. When he first started using he would love to smoke while high, nowadays he gets nothing from them.

While swiv is coming down its a different story, he must have cigarettes/alcohol.
Old 30-10-2010, 14:08
Silver Member

Male from Taiwan
Jayhal is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2 Points: 319, Level: 2

My orangutan is like that~ On and off~ Sometimes get more cravings and sometimes goes for hours without feeling the need(was a two pack/day smoker).
Old 31-10-2010, 03:40
Silver Member

Male from Australia
sykes is an unknown quantity at this point

SWIM loves to chain smoke while really tweaked. Smoke a cigarette after finishing the bag, but then again swim is a smoker altogether.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07

23 y/o Male from United States
imissxtc should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

smoking feels great
you can definatly feel the nicotine in your system when swim smokes on meth
Old 12-11-2010, 21:46
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Ill~Will is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Swim likes to smoke while high but can go hours without a cig and not notice at all.
Old 19-11-2010, 07:26
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Male from Canada
Devnal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

nicotine makes SMURFS release dopamine just like meth, except in smaller units. SMURFS body subconciously telling SMURF that his/her brain right now is alright for dopamine re reboost. in some SMURFS if the dopamine release level is lower than previous day (less crystal to consume possibly?) than SMURFS body subconciously will make you fill that level up. if it makes any sense. Our body and chemicals in it have a mind of their own.
Old 01-12-2010, 15:03
Silver Member

Male from United States
Aerokinetic is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1 Points: 81, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill~Will View Post
Swim likes to smoke while high but can go hours without a cig and not notice at all.
This is how SWIM is as well.

SWIM's dad, however, a regular meth user on-and-off for the past year or so, is both ways. Sometimes he'll smoke a cigarette every 10 minutes and another time he'll go four hours between cigs; it just depends on the person and their mindset, I suppose.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01

60 y/o Male from United States
doctordre should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Has to do with MAO inhibition from tobacco.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57
Silver Member

Male from United States
tweakerman is captain of the psychonauts.tweakerman is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2

When I asked the neighbor's dog about smoking cigarettes when he uses meth, and what he told me was no surprise. The canine said he is usually a light to moderate smoker, smoking about 8-10 cigarettes per day on average. He went on to say that he doubles that in a day he smokes meth.

Asking some probing questions got to the base of the information the canine was offering. The average number of hours per day the dog was awake is about 12. The means if the dog normally smokes 8 cigarettes in a day with 12 hours available to smoke, he smokes 1 cigarette about every hour and a half.

What happens on a meth day? If my neighbors dog smokes meth he said he would stay up for over a day. This would make the awake hours the full 24 hours in that day. If the dog smokes 1 cigarette every hour and a half for 24 hours he would smoke 16 ciggarettes on the day he smoked meth.

This interpretation of his orignal answer which was that he smokes twice as much in a day he does meth compared to a day he doesn't smoke meth. He was exactly right, but forgot that he day doubled in time as well. The publisher of this study has determined that using meth has no effect on the number of cigarettes smoked.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice interview and good evaluation of information recieved. Nicely written and easy to read. (that rhymed)
Old 18-06-2011, 06:58
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from Australia
Shabudabadoo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1 Points: 53, Level: 1

Swim is a smoker (8-12 a day) but when he is spun of shabu....$50 for anyone who see's him without a cigarette in his mouth hahaha, most other useres swim knows also fall prey to chain smoking when tweaking too.
Old 18-06-2011, 08:32
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Australia
solarisheights is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

Sometimes SWIM is that content whilst being spun that she feels no need for a ciggarette. And sometimes she is that content whilst spun that having a ciggarette really completes the picture. SWIM finds that strangely enough, her need for nictoine can often vary depending on the quality of the glass being smoked itself, various envrionmental influences and other unforeseen subtle factors. O.O
More pointely, SWIM doesn't think you're the only one and would like to know if this habbit of not smoking is consistent every single time SWIM hits the pipe or if SWIM ever breaks the cycle and pops in cancer stick every now and then.

One way or another and regardless of the reason behind it, smoking less is inevitably going to be beneficial towards your health and thats a good thing.

Last edited by solarisheights; 18-06-2011 at 08:39.
Old 06-07-2011, 20:40

52 y/o Male from United States
tatbat is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

AFOF smokes like a chimney when smoking the pipe and getting booty bumped.
Old 19-08-2011, 22:51

Male from United States
andrew20101 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ill~Will View Post
yup like to smoke when high feels great but can go hours without.
Old 20-08-2011, 00:09
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

50 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12 Points: 7,647, Level: 12
Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0% Activity: 20.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by NudieLova View Post
Swim's just curious if she's the only one that feels no need to smoke ciggs while on meth, 'cause it seems many smokers tend to smoke more
Aint done any meth, but have done a lot of amphetamine and other stimulants. They all made me crave cigarettes. Since this use of amphet went on for decades, it did considerable damage to my heart and lungs.
If you can, avoid chain-smoking when taking amphetamines/methamphetamine. Luckily I didn't end up with COPD, but have had a heart attack and coronary bypass grafts. Be careful.
Old 25-08-2011, 07:51

20 y/o Male from United States
Tweakster101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

Swim loves to smoke Virginia blends when swim is tweaked as hell. Swim also agrees with the fact that it has to to with a slight release of dopamine because of the nicotine, especially when swim's dopamine is already surging in high levels...guess it adds to the already pleasurable euphoria attained from swim's sessions with tina.
Old 25-08-2011, 07:59
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
Kev 94 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Swim rolls their own over here in England its cheaper especially when you buy it tax free lol. swim likes that taste and overall effect of smoking a roll up when swim smokes gear, swim runs off and smokes a couple of lines then light another roll up. I dont know whats in tobacco but if I smoke more than 1 bag of gear then smoking actually gets swim wrecked even so that swim as to put the roll up down and stop smoking because swim will feel totally zonked out.

The same happens to swim when he takes his methadone but swim like smoking best of heroin.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

34 y/o Male from United States
pairavayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1 Points: 44, Level: 1

swim notices that he doesn't smoke as much cigs when he's tweekd out. he can and will smoke socially, but when he ain't got company, maybe 1 or 2 cigs a day. but swim would rather quit cigarets if possible. so while tweekd out, if he doesn't really really wanit, he'll fight the urge for a minit and it goes away and swim gets back to doin what he was doin.
Old 25-08-2011, 13:37
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

I Quit cigs and i greatly miss them!
Old 25-08-2011, 20:03
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

Mindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumMindless is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctordre View Post
Has to do with MAO inhibition from tobacco.
That's a very good point. I think it goes something along the lines of MAOIs in tobacco interact with nicotine, to enhance the reward of smoking. There are thousands of constituents in cigarette smoke, which may also interact.

If you consider the effect of amphetamine on the reward system, perhaps that amplifies the reward. The amphetamine (and cocaine) reward system has neurons that use dopamine. I think there is a dopaminergic effect on the reward system arising from both tobacco and methamphetamine or amphetamine use.
Old 25-08-2011, 21:12
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8

Mindless, how long did it take for heart damage to occur? The dummy has only used amphetamines for a bit over a year, and tends to smoke fairly heavily on them.
Old 25-08-2011, 22:41
Straight out of Trumpton
Co-Moderator

There's more to heart disease than just smoking. Among or things heredity plays a part, as in my case there's a family history of heart attacks. I smoked for about 28 years. For around half of that period I regularly did amphet, as well as other stimulants. I suppose that makes it maybe 14 years of heavy amphet and tobacco use. I was 45 when I had the heart attack.
It's difficult to predict exactly what will happen and when to each individual, but my feeling is that a lot of people have done tremendous damage to their hearts and lungs by smoking heavily on speed or meth. There is a plethora of associated disease.
Luckily the surgery sorted me out and has left me with a healthy heart. You're young enough, so should be OK if you can avoid smoking.
Old 26-08-2011, 01:30
Palladium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
EscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline MedlineEscapeDummy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8 Points: 3,452, Level: 8

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, the dummy is much more confident in his ability to give up amphetamines than to give up smoking :/ Family history isn't great for the dummy either.
Old 31-12-2012, 14:15

Male from Philippines
krmstc is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

my dog has no clue if anyone else experiences this but there are times when he can smoke a cigarette just fine, but more often than not the smoking process either tastes odd and disgusting while at times puffing one makes him feel like puking.. No idea why he feels this way
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Cid Lysergic is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2 Points: 228, Level: 2
Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6% Activity: 21.6%

A person that I know also has no need for cigarettes whilst tweaking. Only time they are smoked is to cover any smell that said person may be perceiving. Said persons plan is to quit being dependant on cigarettes by using meth as a substitution. To this person whom I know, cigarettes are more addicting to him than meth. For quitting meth afterwards, Bupropion.

Share this on:

Tags
cigarette