Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Closed Thread

Old 22-04-2010, 04:05
Banned

25 y/o Male
skhandelwal is heading for the Darwin Award.skhandelwal is heading for the Darwin Award.
Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2 Points: 153, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Completely Harmless drugs

I do not mean drugs which dont do any damage to the body, but drugs that are completely consequences free. No headaches, panic, nothing. Only pleasure.

I've found Opium and Morphine.

No, if panic is allowed, then we can extend it to include Salvia and DMT.

Anything else?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Stop posting questions that can be answered using the search engine.
Old 22-04-2010, 06:10
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%
Re: Completely Harmless drugs

If some how you have actually deluded your self into thinking Opium and Morphine are "completely consequence free", I suggest going over to the opiates recovery forum and doing a bit of reading. You know that stuff can stop breathing, after the body stops getting oxygen, life span is drastically reduced.

I've interviewed a number of people who have had highly traumatic experiences on Salvia divinorum, probably more then I've met who have had positive experiences.

This is possibly one of the most naive and frighting posts I've ever seen here. So I look at other posts, and I've got to say, it might be time for a new hobby.

Look this isn't some sort of game, there are wonderful rewards, but they aren't cheap. The kind of ideas you have about drugs, tend to come from people who have no idea what they are getting into. This is the sort of mentality that results in people burning out and ceasing to function at any human level.

Short, sweet, accurate and appropriate response
Great post, this guy needs to be confronted about his naive idea's about drugs
Old 22-04-2010, 09:52
Banned

25 y/o Male
skhandelwal is heading for the Darwin Award.skhandelwal is heading for the Darwin Award.

So still...DMT seems completely harmless! I dont even understand why it got banned...
Old 22-04-2010, 10:06
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
bean. is on the way upbean. is on the way upbean. is on the way up
Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3 Points: 491, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Did you not even bother to read Potters post? You made no effort to rephrase your question or back up your point.

As regards to DMT, it's one of teh worlds most powerfull psycadelics and you don't understand why it is banned? Smoking pure DMT sends you to a different world. I'm sure if LSD is illegal then teh government have no problems getting a ban placed on DMT.

But let us not travel down that line, because it's just the good old 'legalise drugs' topic, which will get us no where.

What SWIM feels your trying to get at is there are no consequences while high such as, comedowns, panick attacks etc.? Tell em if that sums up your question better.

In regards to your question DMT can cause major discomfort in teh same way that LSD and salvia can for some people. So SWIM would disagree with you there. In SWIMs opininion no drug is without its downsides. SWIM expects a lot of people to say cannabis, but even here SWIM disagrees as he gets major panick attacks while high.

Maybe Benzos? SWIM has never felt any downsides to them except addiction, and that was just from 2 weeks of hard use. But if we are talking about while being high then they would be one of teh only drugs SWIM could recomend ... but wouldn't recomend them, especially if your feeling blue.

Hope SWIM helped.
Old 22-04-2010, 15:27
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2 Points: 317, Level: 2

SWIM cannot think of anything. Even drugs like opioids leave the user craving more, which is a consequence. Drugs like benzos just aren't pleasurable enough to enter the equation, IMO, although they are safe if taken on their own, and produce relaxation.
Old 22-04-2010, 15:40
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Completely harmless drug??? No such thing. But it's not the drug that's harmful or harmless, it's the user. When used responsibly a lot of drugs can be less harmful. But now you are putting all kinds of restrictions on the situation of use. A great alchemist and medical physician (Paracelsus) once said "All things are poisonous, it is only the dose that makes it so" or something to that effect, there are different translations.

EDIT: A much better question would be "Which drugs are more easily used in a responsible manner".
Old 22-04-2010, 16:11
Silver Member

26 y/o Male
DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.DextroClonazyCodone is a decent psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
Completely harmless drug??? No such thing. But it's not the drug that's harmful or harmless, it's the user. When used responsibly a lot of drugs can be less harmful. But now you are putting all kinds of restrictions on the situation of use. A great alchemist and medical physician (Paracelsus) once said "All things are poisonous, it is only the dose that makes it so" or something to that effect, there are different translations.

EDIT: A much better question would be "Which drugs are more easily used in a responsible manner".
The drugs that are easiest to use responsibly would be the ones that don't screw with the dopamine in your brain. Then, there is less chance for addiction. So cross off opioids, stimulants, psychedelic stimulants, etc. We are left with benzodiazepines, horrible crap like deleriants (which can obviously be crossed off the list immediately), dissociatives, Cannabis, and classical psychedlics.
Benzos are hard to use responsibly, so I would cross them off of the list as well.
Old 22-04-2010, 22:11
Banned

25 y/o Male

Alright, lets avoid Bad Trips & Addiction, meaning, if used responsibly, they can be completely harmless. So which drugs would that be?
Old 22-04-2010, 22:14
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Hallucinogens aren't addictive, but there's always the possibility of a bad trip. I would think though that if one takes the proper precautions, you can greatly reduce the chances of a bad trip. Other than that, I really can't think of anything. You either have the potential for addiction or you are talking about a hallucinogen of some kind.
Old 22-04-2010, 22:27
Silver Member

26 y/o Male

I guess something like a low dose of mescaline would be up SWIY's alley?? From what I read, that sounds like what SWIY describes.
Old 22-04-2010, 22:32

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20 Points: 19,275, Level: 20
Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5% Activity: 59.5%

You don't get drugs, do you? There isn't a difference between body and mind. You can't have this mentality of "I'm a big tough guy I can handle it", because the fact is, you can't, no one can. No one has any idea as to how far you can go, what sort of horrors your own mind has in store for you. And sure, most people recover from a traumatic experience in a few weeks, few months, but there are all sorts of other repercussions, not the least of which is imprisonment. You can't simply disregard psychological dangers, they are just as real as physical harm.

You need to stop thinking in such extremes. Stop asking for the "safest" or the "hardest" or "most fucked up per dollar", that's not how these things work. Drugs are subjective, VERY subjective, what works wonders for one person, wrecks the lives of others, or doesn't do anything at all.

Go read the wiki here, go read about these drugs that look interesting, if you don't get something, come ask a specific question, read through a few of them, read some other sources of info on those substances. At some point, you will understand how these things effect people, what the benefits and risks are. You can't just glance over this sort of info, you need to grok it, you need to be able to compare it, and evaluate it. You need to be able to come to these decisions for your self.

Praise the Lord, this the best info I've seen at DF. The OP needs to listen.
potter never ceases to give out high quality information
Old 23-04-2010, 02:15
R.I.P.

26 y/o Female
tourniquet is captain of the psychonauts.tourniquet is captain of the psychonauts.

I think I might get the OP's intended question....

...Maybe he wanted to ask about "drugs that have no comedown effects, when occasionally used" ...?
....or....
"drugs that are harmless as in not having nasty side effects when being ocassionally used" ....?
That would make for an actually ...askable thing on drugs.
And would somewhat explain his ideas on counting Morphine & Opium among those.

Even if so, I do agree 110% with Potter's post - the OP should definitely get to understand the very concept of drugs through some vigorous research!

Just a thought!
Expressing our ideas can sometimes be a pretty tough thing...especially "under influence".

Last edited by tourniquet; 23-04-2010 at 02:26.
Old 23-04-2010, 02:33

Female from USA - Tennessee
Ilsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPACIlsa must think in IUPAC
Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9 Points: 4,008, Level: 9
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

there really are no "harmless" drugs--anything taken in enough quantity WILL cause adverse side effects and there are very few truly black and white, absolutes in this world and even fewer in the world of drug use.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
bad ideas, cocaine, drug, drugs, harmful advice, heroin, psychedelic