Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Beta-Ketones
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Beta-Ketones Mephedrone, Methylone, Butylone, Methedrone, Ethcathinone, 3-fluoroMethCathinone (3FMC), Methylenedioxypyrovalerone (MDPV)

Old 18-04-2010, 14:31
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Pentedrone Drug Info

Pentedrone (1-phenyl-2-methylamino-pentan-1-one)

Can anyone add information, such as
  • names / synonyms
  • molecule
  • dose
  • duration
  • side effects
  • legal status
  • have there been any reported incidents with this compound?
  • since when has this research chemical been available?
  • stability of the molecule / compound

Post Quality Evaluations:
please keep threads to one substance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pentedrone.jpg (10.2 KB, 2524 views)

Last edited by Phenoxide; 29-12-2011 at 02:49. Reason: image added
Old 19-04-2010, 06:19
MDMA, RC & News Forums

44 y/o Male from United States
Terrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond reputeTerrapinzflyer is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20 Points: 19,888, Level: 20
Re: Pentedrone & other new RCs

little to no info is available other then it is covered by the UK cathinones ban. From the lack of info it may be inactive in any useful way.
Old 01-07-2011, 19:54
Silver Member

Male from United States
Freedom of Mind is a decent psychonaut.Freedom of Mind is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 584, Level: 3 Points: 584, Level: 3 Points: 584, Level: 3

I think Pentanone-2-(methylamino)-1-phenyl-hydrochloride is the same thing, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. SWIM heard from a source he trusts not to make stuff up that its legal and popular in the UK and works well at 100 – 150 mg swallowed or snorted. Also heard its popular in the USA, but SWIM has never heard of it.

SWIM has no idea on the effects (my guess would be some type of stimulant) or what receptors it works on, so he would be curious to know more about this chemical if anyone can guess its effects from it structure or if anyone has experience with this chemical.
Old 04-07-2011, 00:29
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom of Mind View Post
I think Pentanone-2-(methylamino)-1-phenyl-hydrochloride is the same thing, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Not necessarily. That's a really poorly written chemical name and it doesn't indicate the position on the pentane backbone at which the ketone moiety is present. In all likelihood that does mean 2-(methylamino)-1-phenylpentan-1-one, in which case it is "pentedrone", but if the ketone is not on carbon 1 then it would be a different molecule.

Quote:
SWIM heard from a source he trusts not to make stuff up that its legal and popular in the UK
Said trusted source couldn't be more wrong if the substance is indeed pentedrone. Pentedrone is most definitely a class B controlled substance in the UK under the Misuse of Drugs Act as a result of the two order amendments made in 2010. The UK legislation allows for alpha-alkyl chains of varying length thus making it a controlled derivative of cathinone.

Quote:
SWIM has no idea on the effects (my guess would be some type of stimulant) or what receptors it works on
I would also imagine this to be the case. The lack of phenyl ring substitution probably makes it a much more down-the-line stimulant and less euphoric than many of the other cathinones. Whether its effects are potent, pleasant and/or safe remains to be seen I guess. It's certainly not a compound that has set the world alight thus far though.

for the accessably presented techical information
Old 14-07-2011, 00:02
Silver Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoxide View Post
Whether its effects are potent, pleasant and/or safe remains to be seen I guess. It's certainly not a compound that has set the world alight thus far though.
When SWIM's source says popular, SWIM can only assume he meant among those who have tried it thus far. This is obviously a very new compound with almost no information to be found on it.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 29-12-2011 at 02:50. Reason: hotlinked image removed, replacement image now in first post in thread
Old 19-07-2011, 21:51
Silver Member

Male from United States

Compound↓ R1 R2 R3 R4
Cathinone H H H H
Methcathinone H H H Me
Ethcathinone H H H Et
Buphedrone H Me H Me
NEB H Me H Et
Pentedrone H Et H Me

α-PPP H H pyrrolidinyl
α-PBP H Me pyrrolidinyl
4-Et-α-PBP 4-Et Me pyrrolidinyl
4-MeO-α-PBP 4-MeO Me pyrrolidinyl
α-PVP H Et pyrrolidinyl
Pyrovalerone 4-Me Et pyrrolidinyl

The above is from wikipedia on substituted cathinones.

Looking at substitured cathinones and their differences on wikipedia shows Pentedrone to be the same as Methcathinone except it has H for R2 and Pentedrone has Et for the R2 position.

Also on the list I see the difference only between a-PPP and a-PVP is that a-PVP has Et for R2 and a-PPP has E in that position. So chemically it appears a-PPP is different from a-PVP in the same way.

In This study on a-PVP they compared Pyrovalerone to being similiar dosage wise from rats with a-PVP, which also has Et for the R2, but has 4-ME for the R1 position rather than H. Although pyrovalerone having 4-ME for the R1 also makes it similiar to MPPP in how the effects are altered from a-PVP or a-PPP who both have H for the R1 postion.

So I would imagine the difference in effect between pentedrone and methcathinone is similar to the difference between a-PVP and a-PPP and/or Pyrovalerone.

please upload files to archives and link to there rather then linking offsite

Last edited by Freedom of Mind; 28-07-2011 at 03:14.
Old 25-07-2011, 11:15
Silver Member

Male from United States

SWIM dreamt he went on a bit of binge with this to see what it can do, with the first dose around 6:40pm nasally, 8pm 125mg oral, 1am-6am snorted lines of various size at different times. It had SWIM feeling very alert and good even at 6am when he would be tired without it. That SWIM hasn't had negative side effects from what is probably a pretty large amount over less than 12 hours makes SWIM think this chemical isn't anymore dangerous than Mephedrone, Buphedrone, Methcathione or other ketones. While the snorted amounts were unmeasured and not kept track off, SWIM probably went through at least half a gram, maybe more. It reminds SWIM a lot of buphedrone or 3-FMC.

More clearheaded and focused feeling than mephedrone, which makes SWIM feel impaired and want to lay back with his eyes shut listening to music rather than get stuff done. With Pentedrone SWIM feels the stimulation, but doesn't feel impaired.

useful pioneering experience report. (note: be safe in the future and work up from WEIGHED <1mg dose; mixups do happen)
Old 11-11-2011, 01:17
Titanium Member

29 y/o Male from United States
(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3 Points: 588, Level: 3
Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3% Activity: 6.3%

Well, my uncle and I have been waiting for more reports to pop up on this compound with interest, but seeing as this has been slow to occur my uncle decided to test the waters himself. With the imminent scheduling of his life partner and best friend MDPV

The following is a message to those responsible for MDPVs legal status in the US:

(thanks a lot inventors of bath salts. Because not only did you cause my uncle to suffer from a severe and drawn out bout with depression through your greedy selfish antics, much worse you led to several deaths and gave the anti-drug nazis some armor piercing ammo that they desperately needed because, frankly, drugs aren't evil and most aren't that bad, contrary to what they spend millions of tax dollars on every year to try and prove for some reason. However you have proven to me that some people certainly are. I hope you use some powder to relieve jock itch that had all the appearances of gold bond but that some pioneering sociopath designed as a novel incapacitating agent containing a powerful synthetic analogue of nordihydrocapsaicin in an attempt to get rich on the ambiguity and inaneness of American consumer protection law. Actually, may you dream of that scenario longingly as you are subjected to something much much worse (since i would never be selfish enough to make aquiring a potent and potentially dangerous chemical as easy as buying a pack of cigarettes at a gas station in order to get rich I naturally can't come up with anything worse.) Burn in hell, but don't ever die from it.)

Anyway, my uncle was curious about this option as a replacement as it has the same substitution on the alpha carbon albeit without a pyrollidinophenone thingy or a methylenedioxy ring. He procured a supply and conducted a few tests. Feel free to move this into the experiences thread, I was unable to locate one. He found that what has already been said rings true. As expected, this stuff feels much like buphedrone or it's shorter cousin methcathinone, but surprisingly it is much less potent. Insufflation (ouch... Seriously...) seems to be active around 100 mgs as stated earlier As phenoxide pointed out somewhere around here, the lack of phenyl subs. seems to render it with very little influence on serotonin release or reuptake, and for some reason I'm sure he can explain accurately it doesn't seem to work much on norepinephrine either. This makes pentedrone a rather subtle and pleasant (although uninteresting) plain old unremarkable stimulant. My uncle has trialed it insuff. oral and rect. all at roughly the same dosage with consistent results. Basically, if methcathinone is chocolate, buphedrone is French vanilla, and MDPV is something weird yet still yummy like cake batter, then pentedrone is generic safeway brand vanilla. If your craving ice cream it's worth a try, and fairly cost effective, but if you want chocolate you will still want chocolate while munching two scoops of pentedrone, waffle cone notwithstanding. My uncle has higher hopes for the methylenedioxy substituted version of pentedrone (pentylone, or MDPV without the pyrollidine ring) which he hears has potency more akin to MDPV.

Edit: Well, this morning I did some research on this compound at what I think is referred to around here as "the other place" (god what an unpleasant snobby country club good ol' boys crew, I really like not being insulted repeatedly or ignored whenever posting.) Anyway, according to researchers over there pentedrone gave amazing results in doses a tenth of the size that my uncle and the dream version of Freedom of Mind found necessary. They also state that it is necessary to be stimulant free whenever using it, as apparently this dampens the effect. Perhaps pentedrone is not very strong at whatever sites it works at, and other compounds with similar active processes cause it to be "muffled" or blocked entirely, a la buprenorphine. In any case, although this should go without saying whenever trialing RC substances, start VERY low with this compound. I am very suspicious of the wide variation in reported active doses, but this is all the more reason to be careful. I would say assume that my uncle's experience stems from a massive cathinone tolerance (daily intake of MDPV probably reached 200 mg one point, he slept probably 2-3 nights per week for 11ish months.) and therefore assume that he has one foot in the grave and may actually still be moving around because he has such a load of ups keeping his brain from succumbing to putrefaction. Have your pet llama try 1 mg, wait a few days, maybe 5 mg, wait a few days, maybe 10 mg if nothing felt. Think about it, if you really only need single digit doses when your dopaminergic receptors haven't been up-regulated into oblivion due to idiotic abuse of MDPV, then this stuff is most certainly cost effective and probably pretty useful.

Hot damn! This post is juicy and chalked full of useful info for this compound. Thanks!
While this post contains much useful info, an angry rant about how MDPV is perfectly safe is pretty funny coming as it does in the same breath as admitting your uncle spent 11 months binging and sleeping only 2-3 nights a week
Interesting report
a delightful read but assertions diverge too widely to be considered informative

Last edited by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason; 11-11-2011 at 19:22. Reason: Fear of tolerance causing issues with experiments.
Old 16-11-2011, 02:02

Male from USA - California
HerbalSal is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Got a sample from a reliable source. All but the last dose were measured using an accurate milligram scale.

10am - 1mg allergy test
10:30 - insuffilated 10mg noted slight buzz but very clear headed
11:30 - previous felt like it was wearing off, insuffilated 25mg, similar effect
2:30 - decided to really test it, insuffilated 50mg. holy hell. this is actually a good time. kind like rolling.
3:30 - about another 50mg but it may have been a little more, and then into asian massage parlor for the best 1 hour steam room and shower massage I've ever had. it was like pure ecstacy the whole time. the hot water and hot asian massaging everything felt way way way amazing. i had some other fun with her too this made that much better but I won't get into detail

6:00 - pretty much sober. still a little jittery. pretty sober and able to function.

All things considered I really like this stuff. A little speedy but man it has some similarities to m d m azing as someone else put it.
Old 25-11-2011, 21:22

22 y/o Male from Canada
Liltony420 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

I just got some in today and am looking at trying it after work. I was wondering if people could describe the powder they got because with all the different reports I think there is more than one chemical being sold as pentedrone.

My powder is a bleach white with a sparkle kinda like coke. Not clumpy, very much like sugar. Doesn't have a very strong smell but there is one, chemically is all i can use to describe it. It was easily soluable in water and apon adding baking soda it created bubbles (prob HCl salt releasing carbon dioxide) The freebase was a yellowish clear oil that would float on the bottom and top.

I plan on smoking it and am curious if the salt can be smoked. Im thinking it can be because of it's similarity to meth which can be smoked as a salt aswell.
Old 26-11-2011, 08:30

Female from United States
Dumpster should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Wed 10 am
Sat 530 pm

My friend got some pentedrone.

11am 1mg allergy test. This experiment is strictly insufflated through out.
1pm 10mg. Burns kinda, slight increase in energy.
1:15 pm redosed 30-40mg. The 'rush' started immediately but slowly eased up to a mellow(very) body high and increased energy. Slight anxiety, but not paranoid(which comes easilly with any stims for swim). Noticed slightly larger pupils. The high isn't intense, neither is the energy stimulation. The body high is SIMILAR to mdmas body high. Besides that, nothing crazy. Swim felt completely in control, and didnt feel my words falling out of my mouth(or in other words, the incesant(sp?) need to talk to people, like swim does with mdma). Infact, socialbility was lacking quite a bit, but swim definitely felt good.
5:30 effects slowly fade away, i didnt experience much of a come down but about 5 minutes of light sweating/body warming.

Later, knowing the dangers, swim ived about 3-5mg, just for the sake of curiosity. Kinda burned, but was somewhat pleasant. Obviously more intense, no nausea or overwhelming feelings. Swim isn't very interested in cont. This route of admin with rcs, b/c of the obvious lack of info on this rc, and the general scariness with using rcs over all. Swim thought he'd add that in, b/c though IVing rcs are strongly advised against, there will be people like swim interested or attempting and might like to hear someones arm didn't disintegrate upon administration or something.
Oh, and swim says smoking it leaves the nastiest film in the back of your throat... If your familiar with meth lougies, it felt like that but came on quick, and was thicker with a weird consistency. Smoking it brough slight pain/tightness in chest, this scared swim and switched ROA. It works though.. Just doesn't feel healthy at ALL. Insufflating seems to be the best ROA IMO it seems from these experiments, though maybe swim will get more adventurous and be able to tell us sometime soon if larger iv amounts make the rush or body high better, but like i said, swim is scared. I'd have gone into detail about the effects of iv or smoking, but it was the same, just either more intense(iv) or more rushy/speedy(smoke).
Swim has had a few mdpv experiences, and it kiiiiiinda reminded swim of it in a way, but swim says mdvp is alot stronger/intense.

Dumpster added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Sorry ignore those first two lines..

Last edited by Phenoxide; 15-03-2012 at 14:13. Reason: post restored
Old 26-11-2011, 09:44

22 y/o Male from Canada

Back from work. YAY!

I came home to find my cat had gotten into my stash. He denied it at first but after interrogating him i was able to get this out of him:

-He smoked 15mg using a meth pipe (he preffers to put chems on top of ashes but he wanted the chem alone because it was new)

-Felt mild stimulation and noticed a head space change. He noticed vasoconstriction by his penis going into pool mode.

-Not a lot of noticeable change from that during the shower but it was faster than usual, almost half.

-He smoked another 15mg on top of ashes and noticed the following additions on top of increases in effects already known.

-Felt speedy and a bigger rush, pupils dialated but barely.

-Hyperthermia and mild overstimed ADD tendancies.

-"Pretty mich what Dumpster described. The negatives of smoking where bang on and probably made worse by using marijuana as a base to put the second dose on." said my cat.

He also says drinking water helps with the negatives of smoking almost completely (though he proffers milk)
Old 26-11-2011, 16:59
Titanium Member

(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.(NS)-M-Lo-Reason probably knows what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liltony420 View Post
I just got some in today and am looking at trying it after work. I was wondering if people could describe the powder they got because with all the different reports I think there is more than one chemical being sold as pentedrone.

My powder is a bleach white with a sparkle kinda like coke. Not clumpy, very much like sugar. Doesn't have a very strong smell but there is one, chemically is all i can use to describe it. It was easily soluable in water and apon adding baking soda it created bubbles (prob HCl salt releasing carbon dioxide) The freebase was a yellowish clear oil that would float on the bottom and top.

I plan on smoking it and am curious if the salt can be smoked. Im thinking it can be because of it's similarity to meth which can be smoked as a salt aswell.
No problem, while my uncle has run dry of his cache of this particular gem and is therefore unable to conduct the detailed analysis you describe, what you have sounds very similar, although his powder had the tendency to form flake type clumps (very small but powder is not completely fine) and also had a unique, pleasantly sweet type odor.

The chemical does seem to be mildly anesthetic as well, enough people report this effect that I would imagine it can be defined as a parameter for ID of this stuff. I suspect that it is not that different chemicals are being sold as pentedrone, but rather that different vendors are cutting it to different strengths, and its effects also seem very dependent on stimulant tolerance. My uncle continued to use it for a while, and found that a week later he began to achieve more satisfying results.

It provides a satisfying I would say medium level euphoric high comparable to buphedrone but with more material required and probably a higher dopamine reuptake vs NRE blockade than buph this last for three hours or so and then there is a mild crash that is worse than many chemicals in this family but nowhere near the utter despair causes by extended binges on non-bk amphetamines. It also makes my uncle extremely "frisky" similar to MDPV but that stuff often made closing the deal difficult, pentedrone never did anything but enhance and prolong the experience indefinitely.

Also, it can indeed be smoked, although my uncle doesn't feel there is much advantage as the rush for him was minimal. Although IV caused quite a euphoric and mood elevating rush but quickly deteriorates into a pressor response if too much is used, so I will not be recommending this method.
Old 29-11-2011, 14:44

22 y/o Male from Canada
Re: Pentedrone Drug Info

I would describe my powder exactly as you have. Smoking it didn't cause an anesthetic response but my cat noticed it when he coughed up the drip once.

My cat also wanted to push this chem a little so he insufflated 40mg. This caused nauses but a decent rush. Though the comdown came quick and was probably twice as bad as a MDPV comedown. Though he usually didn't have a problem with PV. Taking in how mild the euphoria is and the swift comedown my cat has decided it is not worth it. Also it feels really bad for you, stims cause and increase in stomach acid and PV was said to be really bad for it, this feels the same way if not worse. I think it could be a super potent stim thing, said my cat...

Liltony420 added 49 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

The final opinion of this will be typed out by my cat so he can use first person.

It is a lot like MDPV, but it doesn't get better in higher doses. It quickly becomes a large body load and over stimulation. I did quite enjoy it at 5-20mg but the comedown seems to compound with the dose. Lower doses offer a mild euphoria but a speedy mindset. I felt very tweaked on this and am 100% positive someone coming down is more noticeable than spun. I had a few undesirable effects that had me worried but I had not experienced them nearly as bad when on other stims. It was mostly a very warm core/hyperthermia, confusion, dehydration, and the one I was mostly worried about was my vision had become very shaky and blurred. I thought to see if this was common with meth due to their structural similarity and learned it comes during a meth comedown. If this is the same for pente that would put the start of the come down at about 1-1.5 hours but its potency seems to streche out its halflife and comdown to much longer than the peak/short platue.

To the first person who serves himself a coke sized line of this:

Good fucking luck man, now you know why you should google! If you live.

Last edited by Liltony420; 29-11-2011 at 14:44. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-11-2011, 00:04

Female from United States
Dumpster should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1

Idk if tolerance was a factor in mdpv(as in, idk if it raised as fast), but i've only been. Using pentedrone a few days and i'm just about taking coke sized lines(not a fuckin railer or anything, but i've easilly taken a 200mg line, an hour before i fell asleep too, mind you). The chest pain that was almost unnoticable at first seems to be completely gone, and upon raising my tolerance, pentedrone is becoming more and more coke-high like, except anxiety and paranoia is nonexistant. My nose abd throat is always numbed, like coke, and(girls might appreciate this next statement a bit more than guys maybe) but i've lost a little weight on it. Granted, this is an ill-researched chemical and could be harmful, but my appetite is perfectly suppressed(eating just enough to lose weight/not get dizzy or be obviously not hungry for a period of time), and i can fall asleep ANY time i want to on it, making the cracked-out physical characteristics and stress on the body from lack of sleep close to impossible as far as i can tell.

Also, mixing this shit with kratom has a mild speedball effect, and is QUITE enjoyable.

A few days into using it, insufflation still seems to be the best, and iv and smoking is still a bad idea. I wish i could edit my last post, but an hour after the iv my arm went cold and my veins dropped from the surface(vasconstriction i believe it's called, but i'm sure one of you whizs will corrct me of it's not called that). Since i knew, somewhat, what it was, i stayed calm, but i could see that really freaking someone out. A heating pad seemed to help, though.
Smoking is soley shitty due to the nasty ass meth lougies, one was so thick it made me throw up

Dumpster added 9 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

P.s. That 200mg line is in refference to the starting 50mg line with same effects.

Dumpster added 117 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Oh, and the weight loss is most likely due to the diuretic effect, atleast thats what it feels like... So again a lot of water should be consumed, like most rcs

Last edited by Dumpster; 30-11-2011 at 00:04. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2011, 00:29

32 y/o Male from United States
recoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

AFOAF got some Pentedrone yesterday. According to him, it is off-white and sparkly, like a shiny sand. It has a slightly sweet, chemical smell and flavor, which reminds him of methylone, but much more subtle.
Over a 1 hour time period, he insufflated a total of 30mg separated into three 10mg parts. Able to notice a slight increase in energy and general heightening of the senses. However, this was really only a precautionary test-run, and not expected to produce much usable feedback (other than immediate negative responses).
Tonight he plans on orally ingesting a higher dose dissolved into water. His prior experience with methcathinone indicates that oral intake is absolutely critical to unlocking the full potential of these particular rc's, and suspects that this may be the same (he does not smoke or iv any rc's, so cannot comment on that).
I will report back tomorrow once AFOAF fills me in on tonight's experience.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48

Male from Canada
rapaport should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1 Points: 71, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

how does pentedrone act on your cats libido??? similar to mdpv?
Old 06-12-2011, 01:11

32 y/o Male from United States
recoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Ok, so I finally heard back from AFOAF:
He conducted two simultaneous tests with himself(AFOAF #1), and AFOAF #2. He broke it down to me this way.

AFOAF#1
1:15- 15mg insufflated
1:25-2:25- 250mg orally dissolved in water
3:00- 10mg insufflated
3:20-3:50- 125mg orally dissolved in water
Very relaxed feeling. Slightly elevated body temp, but nothing out of the ordinary, sweaty palms. Around 3:45, definitely feeling very euphoric , noticeably more dopamine centric, as he is not feeling the energy burst he might get from seratonin, eye wiggles begin. Feels great.
4:10- still feeling great, some eye wiggles continue.
5:00- 250mg orally in water
Eye wiggles continue, clammy palms, some mild jaw tension. He definitely felt like he was genuinely rolling, and pretty hard at that.
5:30- Peaking very intensely, much stronger than anything felt so far during research trial.
6:27- vision mostly restored, body temp up slightly again.
6:45- 50mg orally
7:20- coming back again, tunnel vision and eye wiggles return
8:15-9:00 can feel the effects starting to subside ever so slightly.

AFOAF#2
1:25-2:25- 250mg orally dissolved in water
3:40- first test concludes. Approx lifespan of a 250mg capsule is 2 hrs
4:00- Second test commence- bomb 250mg orally.
4:30- kicks in rapidly…
6:05- begins to come down a bit
6:45- 50mg orally
This lasts for about another hour or so...

The come down definitely lingered for several hours, and was much more noticeable than either of their experiences with methcathinone. That said, they both said that they felt fine, and were not suffering from any depressive or schizo feelings.
It is a tiny bit harsher than the methcathinone he has tried, but he thinks that could be a result of it being stronger, in his opinion. He had not peaked nearly as hard ever on methcathinone during trials with similar quantities.
Libido was only mildly affected throughout the tests, and it definitely did not have the dramatic negative effects of methcathinone, and is second only to mdma in this department thus far.
He concludes that this substance is probably as safe as any other rc (which doesn't really say much), packs a pretty good punch, and is a completely acceptable replacement for previous rc's of similar nature.

Side note: this rc was denser than methcathinone, whereas a capsule that could previously hold 200mg could now hold 250mg.

I hope this made some sense, and is of value to all of you. Feel free to ask questions as I would be happy to relay information along to AFOAF.

Very informative, best read on the subject so far.
Old 09-12-2011, 15:06
Titanium Member

Good to see the tests are continuing with this stuff! After my uncle passed his manticore manny continued experimenting with his stash of pentedrone (along with pentylone and a-PVP, aka the pentedrones, each with the two extra carbons on the alpha chain. Creative no?) Recently his pentylone experiments have manifested unexpected issues (will be described in detail when I can go back to the bk-MBDP thread) but for the most part the muni-metro (I think that's the shulginese term for it) methcathinones are proving benign and enjoyable, if shallow and more addictive than having someone choke you during sex while smoking a cigarette laced with crack, having a bunch of people shoot u up with heroin and feed you high carb goodies, which u have a little trouble eating on account of the meth u skin popped to make the experience that much more special; I can only imagine, I have at most only tried 4 of the previous simultaneously. Yep u got it. Choking out while eating hella carbs during sex while smoking. Hahaha. My point is, a hell of a monkey these fuckers can be. I just want to report that Manny concurs with all of the above, he found the comedown very very depressing and annoying, the high similar to e-drone or b-drone. Also it does indeed increase libido, to such a degree that Manny reports experiencing quite random and uncomfortably strong arousal while using it; and usually without the need for any physical or visual stimulation, (quite often the result of a bump in the road lol; he got this on kratom to.) So anyway I did not just post herE just to boast about my late uncle and his fairy tale roommates experiences, I have heard that there are two different reported effects that seem suspicious. The methcathinone type and the methylone type. Mannys experience leads him to believe that those experiencing methylone or MDMA type effects may have received pentylone instead. It would seem an easy mistake to make when dealing with labs that probably do not sPeak the same language as the person ordering the chemical. Pentedrone vs pentylone is not exactly apples and oranges. I have heard that pentedrone doesnt seem to have any serotonin type effects; and this is backed up by the ease of achieving arrousal,erection and reaching climax; something that some struggle with when serotonin becomes involved (often times many just want to cuddle/make out at this point. That urgent hunger feeling is quite muffled by entactogens for my uncle and his hybrid buddy.

please use paragraphs your post is hard to read,thanks
Old 09-12-2011, 15:53
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7% Activity: 17.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom of Mind View Post
I think Pentanone-2-(methylamino)-1-phenyl-hydrochloride is the same thing, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. SWIM heard from a source he trusts not to make stuff up that its legal and popular in the UK and works well at 100 – 150 mg swallowed or snorted. Also heard its popular in the USA, but SWIM has never heard of it.

SWIM has no idea on the effects (my guess would be some type of stimulant) or what receptors it works on, so he would be curious to know more about this chemical if anyone can guess its effects from it structure or if anyone has experience with this chemical.
Freedom of Mind is completely accurate. In my studies of various stimulants, it is known that the longer the chain, either on the -NHCH3 fuctional group or just continuing the pentane group will make the chemical very uninteresting at best, IMO. This chemical follows a type of Diethypropion (Tuanate Dospin) and Bupropion (Wellbutrin) in weakening the effect of the chemical of this subject. The former is a Schedule IV diet supplement they still make, or may not be produced anymore. Bupropion is by prescription only. In my opinion, these people that supply RC's a grabbing at straws, and though this chemical may cause a slight stimulant effect, in essence, they are going down the line and most of they came up with to market is know impossible to obtain. Anything after the Boom, will be of lesser quality and a possibility have more adverse effects. Although, this is conjecture from following known laws of chemistry, and pentadrone would be weaker than the already weak, N-methyl-phenylpentane-2-amine. Before I'd go this route, I'd rather just do my own thing. This chemical is short acting and would equate it with ephedrine. IMO

Last edited by salgoud; 09-12-2011 at 16:03.
Old 12-12-2011, 16:43
Titanium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salgoud View Post
Freedom of Mind is completely accurate. In my studies of various stimulants, it is known that the longer the chain, either on the -NHCH3 fuctional group or just continuing the pentane group will make the chemical very uninteresting at best, IMO. This chemical follows a type of Diethypropion (Tuanate Dospin) and Bupropion (Wellbutrin) in weakening the effect of the chemical of this subject. The former is a Schedule IV diet supplement they still make, or may not be produced anymore. Bupropion is by prescription only. In my opinion, these people that supply RC's a grabbing at straws, and though this chemical may cause a slight stimulant effect, in essence, they are going down the line and most of they came up with to market is know impossible to obtain. Anything after the Boom, will be of lesser quality and a possibility have more adverse effects. Although, this is conjecture from following known laws of chemistry, and pentadrone would be weaker than the already weak, N-methyl-phenylpentane-2-amine. Before I'd go this route, I'd rather just do my own thing. This chemical is short acting and would equate it with ephedrine. IMO
So are you saying that what people have been experiencing is not really pentedrone? Are you saying it is; but everyone who has had positive results are not experienced enough with stimulants to make statements regarding its recreational potential? Forgive me for what may seem like condescension, but I would say that actual experience with a substance is an order of magnitude more valuable than extrapolations based on the "laws of chemistry". Seeing as how this chemical is readily available, why don't you acquire some and conduct a few tests. Conjecture is all well and good when something may never actually materialize on the market, but when you post information that contradicts everyone's findings who have tested the drug without actually analyzing the substance in question, it makes your opinion irrelevant. No offense intended.
Old 12-12-2011, 17:07
Research Chemicals Forum
Super Moderator

Male from United Kingdom
Phenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond reputePhenoxide is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20 Points: 19,902, Level: 20
Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9% Activity: 28.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by (NS)-M-Lo-Reason View Post
So are you saying that what people have been experiencing is not really pentedrone?
I certainly wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. As you can see this thread started 18 months or so back and pentedrone never really attracted any interest across Europe, which is a year or two ahead of North America when it comes to the ketones market. Very few reports of it emerged at that time, which begs the question if it was/is a ketone of significant interest then why didn't it catch on across mainland Europe where for the most part it would have been uncontrolled?

There has been a very sudden spike of interest in this substance following the controlling of mephedrone and MDPV in the US. It's plausible that "pentedrone" is being used as a smokescreen to shift surplus stock of controlled substances, much as products were sold as "naphthylpyrovalerone" to clear controlled cathinone stocks in the UK following the ban.
Old 12-12-2011, 20:12
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo
salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.salgoud must live here.

Thank you Phenoxide for clarifying that. I must say, when I just want people to be careful, because most of us know that vendors just take the word of the supplier on what the chemical actually is. Do they analyze it? Some may, most do not.

Is Pentadrone more powerful than Mephedrone? I'm sure it is much weaker, however, many people might like this effect, since it is a very mellow stimulant. I think it could be equated between diethylpropion (diethylcathinone, Schedule IV) and bupropion (also a cathinone, by prescription, not controlled).

Of course the only way to analyze its effects is for one to do an experience report on it. Most I have read that are not on DF, say it is has a slight stimulant effect. I tend to agree, because it has been available as long as mephedrone has, now that mephedrone is controlled, vendor's are going down the sucker fish line to the bottom, offering low class stimulants, legal in some areas to maintain their business capital.

Personally, when the vendor says: "Not for human consumption", he is off the hook and if one has a severe adverse reaction or dies, because some human being chooses to ingest it, they really have no recourse for compensation. Take at your own risk.

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 15-12-2011 at 02:47.
Old 14-12-2011, 13:21

22 y/o Male from Canada

"I to wondered if this was just mdpv being resold to evacuate old stocks but it has its own effects that I did not get from mdpv (i haven't tried very many other rc stims). Also looking at the structure I notice its simularity to meth except it has the same carbon chain that mdpv has (seeming to make it potent) and the same double bonded oxygen that methylone has. People describe methylone as a mild mdma (the difference between mdma and methylone is only that double bonded oxygen) so we can deduce that the double bonded oxygen reduces the effects while the carbon chain adds to potency (not necessarily the good effects). Taking both of those into consideration should leave us with a potent less euphoric meth which is very much how I would describe it. I've only done meth once when I got mdma pills that were 100% meth so I'm relating this to that experience. This would explain why larger doses just become more uncomfortable and less euphoic. It seems the potency adds to the body load faster than it increases euphoria." - says my cat.

Liltony420 added 9 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

Also if you think this is like rolling then you get bad pills. (my cat felt that was important to add, if you have pure mdma you should be able to fall asleep on it)

Last edited by Liltony420; 14-12-2011 at 13:21. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 14-12-2011, 16:51
Banned

57 y/o Male from Togo

This is an interesting point. It might help, to get a question out, at least: Is anyone experiencing an MDMA or especially a MDPV experience. If so, it is not Pentedrone. The latter does not have any methylenedioxy groups or any methoxy groups on the benzene ring. Without these groups, the chemical may cause hallucinations and perhaps some euphoria, but nothing like MDMA and MDPV.

Thus, they may be dumping overstocks of narcotics, (Phenoxide). I'm sure they have their computing system in a way they are hard to pin down. This can be very dangerous, if their are misrepresenting a drug and not sending what one has picked. This would be a low-grade vendor at best.

Pentedrone is an analog of mephedrone, however instead of one methyl group, it has four extra ones down the line. This makes the receptor key more bulky like an imperfect key that can open the lock, but acts much mellower that mephedrone. Plus, from what I can see, Buphedrone is also legal. Personally, buphedrone would have a little more kick to it.

salgoud (By the way, Freedom of Mind, kindly put the chemical structure to Pentadrone on post #5, if you are interested. It is important to know about chemical structures to help identify the chemical. He also states that very little information can be found on this Pentadrone. To me, that would be rather disturbing. Then, I would have to be a Guinee Pig. I know I wouldn't, I would listen carefully, even on other forums, to see what the majority of people say about it. I can tell you this, I read some pretty poor experience reports, but we are all different, so that fact must always be factored into the equation.)

salgoud

Last edited by salgoud; 15-12-2011 at 02:49.

Share this on:

Tags
1-phenyl-2-methylamino-pentan-1-one, beta-ketone, beta-ketones, cathinones, index threads, pentedrone, pentedrone experiences, pentedrone side effects, pentedrone trip riports, research chemicals, stimulant research chemicals