Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Research Chemicals > Cannabinoids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cannabinoids Cannabinoids & smoking blends.

Old 15-04-2010, 05:00

27 y/o Male
izzydzit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Bad Spice trip

So AFOF used to be a habitual pot smoker but had not done anything serious in a very long time. He tried Spice a few days ago along with his wife and a few friends that recommended it. Everyone took a couple of hits off the pipe, but my friend ended up smoking almost all of the bowl. after some time he started feeling pretty "high", the tingling all over his body, accentuated sounds etc... and then it started to go south. Body shivers, hearing nonsense or gibberish when other people where talking. then he started feeling nauseous and ran to the rest room, in the restroom he was over come with intense vomiting, shaking, hallucinations, weakness of his body and the only way to describe it is by "psychopathic" behavior, talking and fighting with himself. not physically hurting himself but arguing with him self, as if he thought he was talking to someone or "God" but he is unsure. The vomiting continued for a good 1 to 2 hours, the weakness of the body and the hallucinations for maybe close to 5 hours. His wife says he looked very pale and his pulse was very rapid and his temperature was really cold to the point of almost calling 911 but he insisted they didn't as he would come in and out of his hallucinations/ consciousness.
This is my first post so sorry if i didn't follow some rules. I wanted to know if anyone had ever seen this before or if this might of been an allergic reaction. i dont believe the food was an issue since everyone hung out all day and all ate the same stuff but he was the only one with the bad trip. Thank you.
Old 15-04-2010, 05:11
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6
Re: Bad Spice trip

Cannabinoid overdose + panic/anxiety attack?

They can be pretty bad bro.

Have there ever even BEEN reports of people allergic to cannabinoids?! Never heard of such.

Edit: See that the friend had not been doing anything in a while. Yup, pretty much definite cannabinoid overdose.

Swim tripped balls nearly after some k2 summit, and that was while he had a decent cannabis tolerance!
Old 15-04-2010, 14:03
Gold Member

Male from United States
Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.Snouter Fancier must live here.
Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7 Points: 2,258, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

For the record, plain ole' natural weed can do the same thing, rarely, and somewhat unpredictably. My rhinograde had it once, decades ago when he was in college. He, like his friends, smoked weed occasionally, always enjoyed it, until one night he had sudden nausea, tremors, anxiety, for no good reason. His friends patted him and said 'poor boy' and sat him on a couch until he felt better and could go home. Never happened before or since.

A data point (or anecdote, if you prefer), for what it's worth.

It's known that a massive OD of synthetic cannabinioids can cause a panic attack; the rhinograde has had that recently, too. But it wouldn't be surprising to find that even a normal dose of synthetic cannabinoids might produce these kind of unwanted symptoms, randomly.
Old 15-04-2010, 20:46
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6

Yes, to experience the same thing with regular weed you will normally have to consume it orally. The dude has experienced too large a dose of cannabis on numerous occassions by making hashish tea. (more like hashish mud).

Usually end up with severe delusions and intense muscle spasms though. Haven't experienced the vomiting.

He's been on the edge with jwh but finds that there's a timelimit so he never panics.

If OD'ing on cannabinoids, count the time in 10 minute increments.. and know that the experience will not last too long.. countless of people have taken too large a dose of this and been fine. The Dude is always smoothing out around 50-60 minute mark..

If YOU read this, and one day take a toke over the line, remember

"It's not gonna kill me, ill be fine in a few segments" should be anyones mantra because it's the truth,. not like ODing on other substances.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful, practical advice based on personal experience.
Old 15-04-2010, 21:03

Female from Earth
XXX_Fiend should review received reputation comments.

sounds like swim when she was coming down from smoking a lot of ice for the first time. but then again swim has had a similiar experience with dxm combined with weed. maybe swiy took too much? swims never heard of a cannibinoid overdose before.
Old 15-04-2010, 22:08
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.Cuberun really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6 Points: 1,966, Level: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXX_Fiend View Post
sounds like swim when she was coming down from smoking a lot of ice for the first time. but then again swim has had a similiar experience with dxm combined with weed. maybe swiy took too much? swims never heard of a cannibinoid overdose before.
Really? experiences where the user has accidentally (or purposefully) ingested way too much are all over the internet. It's not like a cannabinoid overdose has people frothing at the mouth and going into comas.. but panic attacks seem commonplace.

We are dealing with a substance that has very minute size doses.

You can end up taking just one toke of it and be lashed.. different from cannabis where you need to puff n huff to get severely trashed.

There's no combo required to end up in a very uncomfortable situation with jwh...
This stuff is incredibly potent ..
Old 16-04-2010, 00:55

Male from United States
ectiger86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1

Afoaf started 112.3having panic attacs regularly while smokeing potent weed, he even went to the ER twice in one week. That was 3 years ago, and has since found out that it was acctualy common for people to have these attacks if they smoke past their limit.. Now he get a regular scrip of Xanax, and since his discovery of spice takes some before he smokes. And if he feels the panic come on, takes a bit more
Old 16-04-2010, 01:12
Silver Member

Male from Netherlands
Blue Buddha is learning how to become a psychonaut.

SWIM says be careful mixing "smoking blends" and other drugs, these JWH-XXX are not nearly as well tested as good ole cannabis! TING! Only advantage SWIM saw to them was they used to not show up in urine samples due to the fact they were not testing them. SWIM has actually thrown up from smoking too much keif from his grinder, mind you it was 2 or 3 FULL bowls out of a bong, but it is possible.
Old 16-04-2010, 19:29

27 y/o Male
izzydzit is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

well thanx for the advise, my buddy did not know u could over dose on that stuff, will take it easier next time.
Old 16-04-2010, 20:32
Gold Member

Male from Afghanistan
Drats really adds to the discussion.Drats really adds to the discussion.Drats really adds to the discussion.Drats really adds to the discussion.Drats really adds to the discussion.Drats really adds to the discussion.
Points: 931, Level: 4 Points: 931, Level: 4 Points: 931, Level: 4
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

SWIM also seen the name JWH in here, but the fact is that Spice only contained a small amount of JWH-018, most of it was CP47,497. The main difference between them seems to be the length of the experience, so far all JWH substances seem to wear-off quickly within 20-180 minutes, but CP 47,497 has a peak duration from 4-6 hours.
SWIM would say a CP 47,497 overdosage is maybe one of the most unpleasent under the cannabinoids (noexperience with CP 55,940 but maybe there it is worse).

The problem is that the producers don´t tell what or in which amounts it is in there, so there is always a risk of an overdosage. Especially if a consumer is an ocassional cannabis/cannabinoid user without or with low tolerance. CP47,497 seems to be much stronger, SWIM experienced extreme intense effects from the pure substance, effects which can be reached with regular cannabis/THC.
Same goes for JWH-018, SWIM also was able to achieve effects far away from the range of cannabis.

For smoking blends it is always adviced to test a very minimal amount first, just a few small bits. SWIY should just dip the finger in and smoke the small bits which remain on it, of course in most cases this wouldn´t even lead to any effect, but it can also ensure that such heavy things won´t happen again. Also some cannabinoids take much longer to kick in than normal THC, so someone should at least wait 15 minutes before smoking more, just to be safe.
Old 17-04-2010, 00:34
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6

Swim's overdosed on JWH-018 several more times since his earlier post. This chemical is NOTHING like any other chem or even real cannabis he's smoked. It has a massive ceiling and tolerance is less pronounced. It seems to only partially react to a normal THC tolerance, and by that Swim means smoking normal cannabis does not completely 100% create a tolerance as codeine to morphine, or any other type of similar substance from one type to another. Seems 018 has a much binding affinity, and to more receptors.

The experience from this drug is very visual, and psychedelic compared to other cannabinoids in Swim's experience. One massive dose (unknown dose, est. 5mg smoked) produced mushroom/dissociative like effects on Swim. Anxiety and confusion are much more prominent. Swim was having serious issues on this drug until he hit a magic point where he became in "control", and has been since. Now when he does this substance, the high is less negative and overwhelming. Takes some time to learn this one!

And NONE of the other synthetics he tried match this one, in terms of how potent is it, and how quickly it takes effect (1-2 hits can come on as a quick cannabinoid rush which can be very unpleasant and overwhelming when one is not expecting it!)

Swim is still smoking this stuff regularly alternating with regular cannabis; needless to say, this stuff is greatly preferred. The sheer strength of the high makes it worthwhile. And it's not garbage cannabis either. Only would choose real highgrade/medical grade cannabis over it. Those one hit wonder weed types remind swim of synthetic cannabinoid smoking; crazy, powerful, confusing experiences that aren't expected.

Point being, this shit's much easier to OD on than other cannabinoids; it's like eating a massive weed brownie and having it take effect all within 10 minutes, and peaking for a good time.
Old 28-04-2010, 09:01

Male from United States
Nokill is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

I have had a simular experience myself with smoking Cannabis. trying out some buds i grew i smoked a few ok buds from mild strains and then i saved my white widow for last. I tripped out so damn bad i ran outside and down my block and completly couldnt figure out where i was so i ended up passing out in the grass in front of a 7-eleven in the middle of the day and when i woke up and started home hours later i realize i had shit myself. So i am a firm beliver of cannabinoid moderation now.
Old 28-04-2010, 12:33
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,468, Level: 41 Points: 82,468, Level: 41 Points: 82,468, Level: 41
Activity: 46.9% Activity: 46.9% Activity: 46.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzydzit View Post
So AFOF used to be a habitual pot smoker but had not done anything serious in a very long time. He tried Spice a few days ago along with his wife and a few friends that recommended it. Everyone took a couple of hits off the pipe, but my friend ended up smoking almost all of the bowl. after some time he started feeling pretty "high", the tingling all over his body, accentuated sounds etc... and then it started to go south. Body shivers, hearing nonsense or gibberish when other people where talking. then he started feeling nauseous and ran to the rest room, in the restroom he was over come with intense vomiting, shaking, hallucinations, weakness of his body and the only way to describe it is by "psychopathic" behavior, talking and fighting with himself. not physically hurting himself but arguing with him self, as if he thought he was talking to someone or "God" but he is unsure. The vomiting continued for a good 1 to 2 hours, the weakness of the body and the hallucinations for maybe close to 5 hours. His wife says he looked very pale and his pulse was very rapid and his temperature was really cold to the point of almost calling 911 but he insisted they didn't as he would come in and out of his hallucinations/ consciousness.
This is my first post so sorry if i didn't follow some rules. I wanted to know if anyone had ever seen this before or if this might of been an allergic reaction. i dont believe the food was an issue since everyone hung out all day and all ate the same stuff but he was the only one with the bad trip. Thank you.
Izzydzit: please explain what product you are talking about. What is the exact brand name?
Spice is frequently used as a category name for all cannabinoid blends, but the brand Spice is different to other brands. And within the brand spice, there are various different products. So it would make things much more clear if you define the product involved. Otherwise your post is about an undefined drug, which is not meaningful.

Post Quality Evaluations:
for trying to put the discussion on solid footing
Old 24-08-2011, 23:45

22 y/o Male from United States
jimrome is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

did swim suffer memory wise at all? when did swim notice he/she was getting better?
Old 25-08-2011, 00:51

Male from United States
Garuccio is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1 Points: 43, Level: 1

Swims had an experience just like that. In fact, it was yesterday. He smoked cannabis for 3 years so he figured he was pretty sure he could handle being quite high. He purchased some "posh" swim isnt sure if other people are familiar with the name, but anyway, its just a cannabinoid but very potent. Swim has smoked it 3 times before yesterday, usually splitting a joint or 2 with 1 or 2 friends and even 3~5 hits made him pretty damn high. But swim had his last day of vacation and wanted to have fun.

He packed a nice sized bowl and smoked it all out of a bong in 3 hits. He knew he was really high already, but said what the hell and did another bowl. Swim instantly knew that it was far too much. He went to his room to try to chill out. Hes honestly never felt so high in his life. He couldn't focus on anything it was blurry, he was confused and kinda panicked a little bit. He was really worried that his heart rate was too high because he was going extremely fast. He tried to lay on the couch and just watch some tv until the high went away. Usually its gone after an hour~ hour and a half. But it stayed. About an hour after he smoked he began to puke quite a bit. He dry heaved until all the grapes he ate came up. It was disgusting and swim felt like complete shit. He cleaned it all up and was extremely tired. Swim ended up passing out on his couch for about 45 mins. When he awoke, he felt much much better but still not baseline. Swim was really freaked out that legal bud can fuck you up that much. He's definitely not smoking that much next time. Good luck to you next time you smoke, swim would suggest keeping the doses low. That shits potent.
Old 02-12-2011, 18:38

20 y/o Female from United States
MariahAlexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

I had an experience similar to this; I don't know if I'm supposed to say that or not, but I'm going too anyways.
It was the first time I EVER smoked spice and when I first smoked it I thought it was just normal weed but the first and only hit I took told me other wise. My mind was whack, I felt like anyone who was touching me was trying to kill me. My body felt paralyzed and I couldn't talk. I could see imagines of every person I had met in my life killing me and torturing me in several different ways. I remember going in and out of my trip and when I'd come out I'd be crying begging my friends too not let me die. It was an awful experience and I never want to do that again.
Old 02-12-2011, 18:43
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariahAlexa View Post
I had an experience similar to this; I don't know if I'm supposed to say that or not, but I'm going too anyways.
It was the first time I EVER smoked spice and when I first smoked it I thought it was just normal weed but the first and only hit I took told me other wise. My mind was whack, I felt like anyone who was touching me was trying to kill me. My body felt paralyzed and I couldn't talk. I could see imagines of every person I had met in my life killing me and torturing me in several different ways. I remember going in and out of my trip and when I'd come out I'd be crying begging my friends too not let me die. It was an awful experience and I never want to do that again.
Yeah, that sounds like a classic "Oops too much RC" moment. Sorry to hear about the bad experience! The "Fear", paranoia, and anxiety that can be heightened under blend use is pretty intense. I've had friends on two occasions tell me they were dying while under AM-2201. Having someone that can remind you that it'll be gone in 20 minutes and that your consciousness isn't seeping away helps plenty.

This has only happened to new users in my experience. Spice blends are a kick in the brain sometimes when you first try them.
Old 02-12-2011, 21:58

20 y/o Female from United States
MariahAlexa is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1-O2 View Post
Yeah, that sounds like a classic "Oops too much RC" moment. Sorry to hear about the bad experience! The "Fear", paranoia, and anxiety that can be heightened under blend use is pretty intense. I've had friends on two occasions tell me they were dying while under AM-2201. Having someone that can remind you that it'll be gone in 20 minutes and that your consciousness isn't seeping away helps plenty.

This has only happened to new users in my experience. Spice blends are a kick in the brain sometimes when you first try them.

One of the people that I was with told me that I was in my trip for almost two hours. It was probably the worst experience in my life and still three days later I feel like I'm not completely here. It's hard to explain but it's like nothing that is happening is real... Lol, that probably made me sound crazy.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:51
Banned

29 y/o Male from United States
brainchild is an unknown quantity at this point

That's crazy... I just had something similar to me happen from AM-2201, my heart is still pounding right now. About 10 minutes ago I literally thought I was going to die, my chest felt so tight and my heart like it was going to explode. I tried to take my pulse, it was well over 200bpm. This went on for 15-20 min. I laid in my bed and prayed to God. I have never felt so close to death in my entire life. Scary shit...
Old 05-12-2011, 16:08
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.P1-O2 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3 Points: 372, Level: 3
Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5% Activity: 3.5%

Ouch, sounds like you might have taken too much.

At high amounts it is a very strong rush. It also causes high amounts of anxiety and paranoia - people who aren't prepared for this think they are going to be killed or die.

Been there. Not fun. Sorry~!

Share this on:

Tags
cannabinoid overdose, cannabinoid side effects, cannabinoid smoke blends, cannabinoids, research chemicals, smoke blends, synthetic cannabinoid blends, synthetic cannabinoid experiences, synthetic cannabinoid overdose, synthetic cannabinoid side effects, synthetic cannabinoids