Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Opiates & Opioids Opiates & Opioids.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:56
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
div4our is learning how to become a psychonaut.
smoking syrup

swim recently acquired a large amount of promethazine w/ codeine (his favorite drug) and has been experimenting with different ways of taking it.

covering a cigg in it is ok, but has an odd taste (not necessarily bad, just odd) and swim doesnt know if it does anything.

However, swim was smoking some tar and decided to smoke some of the syrup off the foil like tar. At first it just bubbles and theres no smoke but soon after it turns into a brown, goo-type thing and smokes like crazy. seems to work pretty well too!! swim feels great but knows a more proper experiment testing how strong this is would have to be done when swim is sober and not feeling the effects of taking it orally or any other drug.

swim just wanted to share
Old 11-04-2010, 02:22
Palladium Member

Male from United States
fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.fiveleggedrat really knows their shit.
Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6 Points: 1,646, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: smoking syrup

Codeine being smokeable is news to me, but it shouldn't be.

Swim suggest rectal usage/plugging if one isn't squeamish about that type of thing. Far superior to every type of admin for him except IV/IM.

Thank you for sharing. First Swim heard of this on this board.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:27

35 y/o Male
Personal is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 175, Level: 2 Points: 175, Level: 2 Points: 175, Level: 2

I agree, I have never heard of smoking codeine before, I have never taken codeine rectally but i have taken other drugs rectally and i too find it hits you alot faster and harder, Although like IV it doesn't last as long as taken orally. SWIM would suggest it, If SWIY does decided to do codeine (or any drug for that matter) rectally SWIM would suggest SWIY gets a large slurrpy type straw...heat one end with a lighter so it curls a little bit and isent sharp then inserting it THEN putting the desired amount in the straw.

Personal added 2 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...

I apologize, SWIM accidently self incriminated. Any mods please help SWIM out quickly? No edit button.

Last edited by Personal; 11-04-2010 at 03:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2010, 19:09

Male from United States

well swim isnt quite sure if it worked or not because he had already been smoking tar,
but swim plans on trying the experiment tomorrow to see if it actually worked as good as he thought, or was just because he had already used.

swim will give you guys an update tomorrow

div4our added 591 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

well, swim just conducted part 2 of his experience and it doesn't seem like the syrup gets you very high if you smoke it off foil. I know dipping your finger in it and rubbing it on a cig works but i wouldn't recommend smoking it off foil.

Last edited by div4our; 11-04-2010 at 19:09. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-04-2010, 19:23
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19 Points: 18,432, Level: 19
Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8% Activity: 93.8%

Wonder just how bad smoking all the sugars, dyes, thickeners, and preservatives would be? I'd bet PRETTY BAD!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 19:36

Male from United States

yeah Swim considered that factor too, but he figured it couldn't do much more damage than he already does with the amount of ciggs he smokes
Old 11-04-2010, 19:56
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Swim knows of this. The Texas scene has being doing this since the early 90's. Promethazine/codeine syrup is put into the interior of a cigar/philly/cigarillo and then usually marijuana is placed on top and rolled, and the finished "sweet", marijuana cigar is then dipped into the promethazine/codeine again and smoked. Swim tried it several times a very long time ago before giving up marijuana, and it seemed to be a waste of time and money to him. Swim doesn't recommend it. Stick to sippin'.

Post Quality Evaluations:
if you would actually read the thread you would see this is not what he is talking about
Old 11-04-2010, 20:00

Male from United States

I knew about "dipping" blunts and joints in lean but I hadnt heard of anyone smoking it off of foil so I decided to post about it
Old 11-04-2010, 21:29
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
SmaLLtown is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by div4our View Post
I knew about "dipping" blunts and joints in lean but I hadnt heard of anyone smoking it off of foil so I decided to post about it
Oh ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Swim would like to think that method would be useless. If you have the actavis brand purple syrup, then drinking it would be the ABSOLUTE best option due to the great taste.
Old 12-04-2010, 22:08

Male from United States

Swim agrees, drinking it is the best option, but swim had a few pints worth and wanted to fuck around with the stuff since he had so much.
Old 13-04-2010, 02:42
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveleggedrat View Post
Codeine being smokeable is news to me, but it shouldn't be.

Swim suggest rectal usage/plugging if one isn't squeamish about that type of thing. Far superior to every type of admin for him except IV/IM.

Thank you for sharing. First Swim heard of this on this board.
Whilst rectal administration of a lot of opiates results in much greater bioavailabilty and hence absorption this is not the case with codeine. It has practially the same bioavailabilty orally and rectally ~ 90%. Rectally may be a tiny tiny bit better but with it being 90% orally there is no point going to the extra effort of plugging it.

To get the most out of codeine with promethazine SWIM takes it with some calcium carbonate, magnesium supplements and some loperamide.

SWIM is pretty sure you cannot smoke codeine without it being freebased first. Although it may work slightly like smoking cocaine in spliffs but nowhere near as strong as say smoking crack which is freebased. Not sure if you could do that with syrup though.

Thread of freebasing it here:
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...eebase+codeine

Oh and obviously you can't IV/IM codeine as it will cause a lot of health problems.

Quote:
Rectal versus oral absorption of codeine phosphate in man
Frits Moolenaar *, Germ Grasmeijer, Jan Visser, Dirk K. F. Meijer
Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

*Correspondence to Frits Moolenaar, Department of Pharmacology and Pharmacotherapeutics, State University of Groningen, Ant. Deusinglaan 2, 9713 A W Groningen, The Netherlands

Keywords
Codeine • Rectal bioavailability • Micro-enemas • Suppositories

Abstract
Rectal absorption of codeine phosphate from various dosage forms was studied in man. The rectal dosage forms included aqueous solutions and fatty suppositories. A comparison was made with an orally administered solution. The plasma concentrations of codeine were measured by means of HPLC analysis after a single dose of 60 mg codeine phosphate in a cross-over study in 7 volunteers. Compared with oral dosing rectal absorption from an aqueous solution or a fatty suppository produced an almost identical plasma concentration profile with similar interindividual variations. Comparing the absorption rate characteristics it appeared that rectal absorption from an alkaline solution containing codeine phosphate proceeded significantly (P < 0·05) more rapid than after oral dosing. No essential difference in bioavailability was observed between the various rectal and oral dosage forms.
Received: 26 July 1982; Revised: 15 October 1982
Old 13-04-2010, 05:25

Male from United States

swim simply put a few drops on some foil like he was smoking tar, and smoked it the same way.

The syrup just bubbles at first with no smoke/vapor but then turns a light brown color and then comes a TON of smoke. Swim wouldn't really recommend this method over drinking it, but swim thought it was fun to mess around with, as it was just a few drops and not a big deal.

Share this on:

Tags
calcium carbonate, cigarette, codeine, codeine phosphate, codeine syrup, cough syrup, crack, drug, drugs-forum, oxycodone, promethazine, promethazine syrup, smoking codeine, smoking cough syrup, tobacco