Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 10-04-2010, 01:32

Male
nomak is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Can docs tell difference between klonopin & xanax?

I was wondering if a difference can be noticed or show up in a urine drug screen ( have to take them from time to time at my new Dr. ) between the difference of a klonopin and a xanax. I am prescribed the klonopin now but used to get the xanax from my old Dr. when I lived in a different state..now that I have a new Dr. he put me on the klonopins which work fine but I ran out and still had few of my xanaxs from old Dr. and took them to help with my panic attacks I have. I know these medicines both are in the Benzodiazepines but was wanting to know if they will both show up as klonopin and xanax or will they just show up as a Benzodiazepine.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me on here..

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do not self-incriminate. Use 'SWIM' (Someone Who Isn't Me) or similar. Please read the Forum Rules before posting again.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:21
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10
Re: Benzodiazepines

First of all, as the rep says Self-incrimination is not allowed under any circumstances. It doesn't matter if it's a legal over the counter drug, if it was prescribed to you, or it's some oregano that you grew in your garden. Do not self-incriminate!

If swiy had a valid prescription of Xanax (alprazolam), it shouldn't be an issue at all. But to answer your question it goes like this. First they do an immunoassay screen. Most likely it will be a standard panel urine dipstick test. It's a very generic screen and will just come up for benzodiazepines. The sample then may be tested further if a positive screen came up. The second test will likely be a GC/MS (gas chromatography/mass spectrometry) confirmation/quantification test. This second test is much more sophisticated and requires a laboratory with expensive equipment and a highly trained technician. A GC/MS test will differentiate between alprazolam (Xanax) and clonazepam (Klonopin).

If swiy still has the bottle with the prescription of Xanax on it, then I would just recommend explaining to swiy's doctor what happened. It's not illegal to take your own prescription. Unless of course swiy ran out because swiy is using more of the Klonopins than was prescribed. Swiy's doctor could think that swiy is an addict, and that could cause some problems for swiy in obtaining future benzodiazepines.

For more detailed information on drug testing please see this sticky: Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide
Relevant questions regarding drug testing may be posted there.

Post Quality Evaluations:
informative

Last edited by Jasim; 20-07-2010 at 17:52. Reason: added link to sticky
Old 12-04-2010, 11:55

Male
nomak is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: Benzodiazepines

Sorry swim didnt realized swim incriminated thierselve in this post but thank you for the info on the question...

Share this on:

Tags
benzo, benzodiazepines, drug, drug testing, drug tests, drugs, drugs-forum, gc/ms, xanax