Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Various drugs not covered by other forums Discussion of Psychoactive drugs that do not have a specific forum

Old 31-03-2010, 00:55
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

22 y/o Male
Dazednirvana is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
can promethazine be injected

Can Promethazine be injected. my buddy tom is 18 and has been iving drugs since 15, he loves heroin and synthetic opiates and was wondering is a lil water and heat on this syrup would do the trick? please help me help him.
Old 05-04-2010, 21:47
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7 Points: 2,288, Level: 7
Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3% Activity: 10.3%
Re: can promethazine be injected

I was about to say yes, of course, until I realized you're talking about injecting promethazine syrup, not sterile promethazine solution for injection.

Think long and hard about this: does injecting syrup sound like a good idea?

Post Quality Evaluations:
FANTASTIC point!
Old 23-05-2010, 00:26

Male from United States
cornbreadinsomniac is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The hospitals have promethazine that they use for injection, but it will ruin your veins. That's why most hospitals use zofran (spelling?) instead of promethazine (phenegran). SWIM had an iv of promethazine once from the hospital and felt pretty bad pain in that vein for the next week afterwards, and the nurse said that's what caused the pain. Just take it orally, it will work just as good if not better. Or you can take it anally, but that's just not for me.
Old 26-09-2010, 11:03
Palladium Member

Female from Earth
ex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumex-junkie is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10 Points: 5,548, Level: 10
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbreadinsomniac View Post
The hospitals have promethazine that they use for injection, but it will ruin your veins. That's why most hospitals use zofran (spelling?) instead of promethazine (phenegran). SWIM had an iv of promethazine once from the hospital and felt pretty bad pain in that vein for the next week afterwards, and the nurse said that's what caused the pain. Just take it orally, it will work just as good if not better. Or you can take it anally, but that's just not for me.
Weird. Every time SWIM has had a promethazine injection it has been in the bum.

Some interesting reading here

Anybody who is considering injecting promethazine should google this below, cause I don't want to link to the US FDA web site. If that's what the risks of sterile promethazine are, then I wouldn't recommend fucking about with non-sterile sources full-stop.

"Information for Healthcare Professionals - Intravenous Promethazine and Severe Tissue Injury, Including Gangrene"

Share this on:

Tags
antihistamine, codeine syrup, drowsy antihistamine, drugs-forum, injecting, promethazine, promethazine syrup