Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Morphine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 30-03-2010, 22:55

47 y/o Male from United Kingdom
jona should review received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Morphine Sulfate ER (MXL) - purify for I.V. use?

Hi folks! swim was wondering if theres a better way for preparing MXL (morphine sulphate 150mg e/r) than heating in water then cooling on ice (an ice bath). Is MXL the best capsules to use? Also swim was wondering what the easiest way to change M sulphate into M Hcl or 6MAM .In other words to make morphine into another form that is less itchy and preferably stronger?

Post Quality Evaluations:
please use drug names, not brand names/ abbreviations in thread titles
Old 31-03-2010, 06:13
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2 Points: 344, Level: 2
Re: MXL purify for I.V. use?

For SWIM, morphine is one of the only opiates he even likes to do anymore. It still gives him a decent rush, although this lasts for a rather short time.
SWIM has only had personal experience preparing IR morphine tabs (easy as shit) for injection as well as the Endo orange oblong 60mg (takes some serious practice to get the TEK down). Never even heard of MXL before this thread.

From what SWIM can quickly gather there does not seem to much information available, or much that has already been posted in DF, but SWIM did not search thoroughly. It would seem you can dump the beads out of the capsule onto some surface and crush the beads. This in theory should defeat some of the time release mechanism but MXL is a prolonged release formulation of morphine sulfate so it is designed to slowly dissipate into the body over a 24 hour period. This leads SWIM to believe there is more inside the MXL cap that is working as a time release mechanism.

Honestly, there wasn't much at all to be found on IVing MXL morphine. SWIM has been speculating on what information he was able to find though. Hopefully it helps at least in some slight way.
Old 31-03-2010, 21:59

Re: Morphine Sulfate ER (MXL) - purify for I.V. use?

As far as swim knows, those type contain M sulphate, formic acid and a wax coating .they are about 91% M, so theres no gunk, no fillers and the wax appears to be the only slow release mechanism, so after an ice bath what you are left with looks like clear water.
Old 31-03-2010, 22:06
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jona View Post
they are about 91% M, so theres no gunk, no fillers and the wax appears to be the only slow release mechanism
If the tablets contain 150mg morphine sulphate, and are about 91% morphine sulphate, then they each weigh 165mg, or 0.165 of a gram? This seems like a very high content - fillers ratio.

Anyway, why not check out the newbie chemistry forum, you may find more info on this subject there.

H
Old 31-03-2010, 23:14

They are capsules, you know with shellac coating with little wax coated balls. Manufacturers info says that the outer shell contains all the stuff you dont want and the balls are M S coated in wax. 91% by weight. I havent weighed them but when the wax melts to release the M S ,then sets in an ice bath there is a fair bit .Swim can get 2 hits per capsule
Old 11-02-2013, 12:46

38 y/o Male from United Kingdom
onarcotx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

I realise this is an old thread but I just found out about mxl, 120mg at the moment. I'm curious have you pefected a technique yet? Very tricky little buggers.
Old 12-03-2013, 23:31

35 y/o Male from England
MadOne needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

sorry to be blunt man but the mxl brand is crapp almost useless orally unless you take about a minimum of 1000mg or more in one go these are what sum dr's in uk tend to try and only issue to people with a history of drug use or dependance but need painkillers and not methadone. get your doctor to change them to zomorph capsules the 12 hourly ones they come in 10's 30's 60's 100's and 200mg capsules if your prefer capsule for sum reason if not ask for 100mg mst continus tabs there much better IMO and u can snort them they are 66.6% pure morphine sulphate weight to volume as each 100mg tablet weighs 150mg in total. think thats right 66% ? cud be wrong but deffo weigh 150mg per tab as i have weighed one on powder 0.00 scales. ive seen people shoot these with just by removeing the thin colured coating with a steri stip crush into a powder between 2 spoons and put 0.8ml of gently warmed water in 3 hits ! fucking nutters was 2x as baked compared to buying poor uk quality freebased street heroin powder that rarely exceeds 15% pure lol . if there was a good way to remove the 50mg of wax n talk to just leave the pure morphine salt or a morphine base for smoking udd get a good yeild i think ?
Old 23-04-2013, 13:48

i think mst's are crap mate. the MXL dissolves in hot water and when ice bathed removes most of the crap .try that with mst and it dont do too well. then if its based using bicarb and dried you can add AA and get some MAM which is dynamite!! mst dont fare half as good as mxl. who the F*ck snorts morphine anyway?? Swim has tried zomorph,mst ,mxl and ir but mxl is the best.keep the rest!!! mxl anyday!!!

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 17-05-2013, 14:31

51 y/o Male from Earth
Phil.Live1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

All you need to do,if these caps are similar to the ER caps local to me.You need a minimum of chemicals & equipment I was told.Get some;
1/.Sodium Hydroxide Solution (Quite Basic-Strong),
2/.Some HCL Acid (dilute-from 28-33%),
2/.1 Jar or Beaker,
3/. A pH meter or pH papers (to measure increments of pH 1,is enough).
4/.A selection of spoons (at least 1 Tablespoon or Ladle for mixing & a teaspoon).

Put the beads from the Caps (in increments of 100mgs a time is best) into the tablespoon & crush to a fine powder.This works best with at least 400mg apparently.Add water & mix up.Filter through a cigarette filter or cotton.(Cigarette filters you can buy for roll your owns are ideal).Filter through into a syringe then into a jar through a medium wheel filter (should be obtainable from a N.E. Program near you).You can add more water to get the last M out,apparently,but try for the least aggregate amount of water possible.I was told this helps in crystallisation.When you have filtered all you want to do,say 500mg,you should have about 100-130mls of solution at most.Apparently this is best.Add Sodium Hydroxide Solution until your Solution reachs 13.Above a little is OK I'm told.When you get here start adding drops of HCL acid solution.You can do this with papers,no great accuracy is required,but a meter is even better.If the Caps are similar you will notice crystals begin to form at about pH9.3-2 at the latest.These continue to form and grow until 8.5 (approx) is reached.If they don't,drop to 8.7-8.5 and use a glass rod to precipitate the crystals by rubbing the rod up & down the jar side in the solution.A touch more Sodium Hydroxide may need to be added to keep the pH above 8.5.(a wooden stick or handle of a wooden spoon will accomplish the same thing).You only need to filter the crystals and dry to obtain base Morphine crystals of 100% purity.You don't need a bulkner & flask set up for this (though maybe ideal).The same can be accomplished by putting holes through the top of a small plastic bottle,covering the end of the same bottle with a coffee filter cut to fit,then put the top on.The bottom of the plastic jar,having been cut off to allow this,shows an empty cylinder with a lid covered with coffee filter then.Just add your solution,in increments if necessary,and blow it through.Unscrew the top and dry over element on med with a kitchen sieve.If you think there might be M still in solution,freeze it,at pH 8.5.If there is it will be there as crystal when melted.
A/. This will work on most beaded M caps,also a lot of Elixirs & rapid acting M tabs can be precipitated out in this way.
B/.This is perfect if you care to Acetylate the crystals.
C/It removes all that is put there to make the product Slow Release.
D/.End product is 100% pure.
E/.Cowboys who do this Guarantee results.
I hope this is easy to follow.It requires a little chemistry to understand but absolutely none to accomplish.Above all,have fun.And always be very safe.

Share this on:

Tags
bypassing tablet extended release mechanism, distill, drugs-forum, inject morphine, injecting, injecting morphine, injecting morphine sulfate, iv morphine, iv use, morephine, morphine, morphine iv, morphine sulfate, morphine sulphate, preparing morphine pills for injection, preparing pills for injection, preparing tablets for injection, shooting morphine, time release, time release morphine