Notices

Old 29-03-2010, 19:30
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%
holding in smoke?

will holding in meth smoke get you higher than if you just inhaled and exhaled? (like it does with weed)
Old 29-03-2010, 20:11
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6 Points: 1,714, Level: 6
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: holding in smoke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy31 View Post
will holding in meth smoke get you higher than if you just inhaled and exhaled? (like it does with weed)
Certainly. If the methamphetamine is pure then one should hold the vapor until none is released as all of the vapor will be methamphetamine. Obviously this will be different if the drug contains non active chemicals which also vaporized but the longer the vapor is held in, the more drug is absorbed.
Old 29-03-2010, 20:13
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
ninjaned is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2

My gerbil believes that most of the meth is absorbed fairly quickly(first few seconds) so after a count of 5ish swiy can exhale.

Hope that helped,
Ned
Old 01-05-2010, 09:24
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

37 y/o Male
boopboopboop is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Ok my monkey just told me that he like to hold the smoke til the stuff comes "back" in the bowl. Its a monkey thing! But I know this dude that says dont hold it it will crystalize in your lungs??? monkey says doesn't it do that anyway???? My monkey is always right!!!
Old 01-05-2010, 22:35

45 y/o Male from United States
fryingsquirrel is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Of course it crystalizes in your lungs, that's why you get high.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
Meray420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1 Points: 123, Level: 1
Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8% Activity: 0.8%

My giraffe said top hold it in for around 3-5 seconds any longer and it crystalizes in your lungs,and oh yea,that's horrible for your lungs.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:35

24 y/o Male from United States
Crook4lyfe is learning how to become a psychonaut.

yeah, swim always heard that it crystallizes your lungs like others have said. Swim doesn't think it helps to hold it in longer, because he has tried doing a shotgun w/ meth and it didn't work. So it probably gets absorbed quickly. Plus any cut thats in it is probably bad for your lungs even if you try to get most of it out before smoking.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:24

Male from United States
Zeolias is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

holyfk , when will people stop saying it crystallizes in your lungs . The human body is about 60% water in adult males and 55% in adult females. Mêth is soluable in water , very soluable .

Holding it in gets you much higher , but if your dealer stomps on it or is fail at chem if he makes it. It's not a bad idea to blow out since cutters cant be all too good.
Old 05-05-2010, 00:13
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%

The stuff SWIM gets is ice quality - shiny and sparkly, and if you drop it on any surface, you can hear that "cling" sound that many associate with high-grade methamphetamine.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:19

43 y/o Male from USA - Arizona
pulpz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeolias View Post
holyfk , when will people stop saying it crystallizes in your lungs . The human body is about 60% water in adult males and 55% in adult females. Mêth is soluable in water , very soluable .

Holding it in gets you much higher , but if your dealer stomps on it or is fail at chem if he makes it. It's not a bad idea to blow out since cutters cant be all too good.

Agreed...SWIM simply does not understand how it would be possible, especially in a Human lung for a solid to become a liquid then become vapor and that inhaled vapor to revert back to being solid. SWIM isn't a Chemistry know-it-all (very little actually). But the whole recrystallizing in your lungs if held in seems to SWIM far fetched at best.
Old 08-05-2010, 20:19
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Impure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way upImpure157 is on the way up
Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2 Points: 323, Level: 2
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

Yes pure methamphetamine is very water soluble, the inside walls of the lungs are a mucous membrane unless I'm remembering basic health class wrong.

That means that the vapor will be absorbed in your lungs just as has as it would be in the nasal cavity, the only difference is it STARTS crystallized when insufflated whereas it is a vapor when smoked. Even if it did not absorb fast enough and cooled back to a solid what is to say that small amount of solid matter wouldn't absorb just like in the nasal tissue?
Old 29-01-2011, 00:08

Female from Earth
XXX_Fiend should review received reputation comments.

the hyaena holds the hit in for as long as possible then breathes out threw nose. seems to get higher that way.
Old 02-02-2011, 00:49

Female from Australia
icetiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

That's true. It's very water soluble as I have heard of people putting it in drinks. Beware! If Meth vapour can burn your eyes and skin, then wouldn't it be dangerous to breathe it in for too long?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:51

Male from United States
Doctor Meth is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1 Points: 69, Level: 1

As any Dragon would agree to holding one's smoke allows the lungs more time to absorb the medication. As and example think of dropping a chard in a spoon. Then dropping water on it. How long would it take to dissolve on its own? Certainly not three seconds. Caution in the wind, one does not need to smoke as much this way. In a lamens way of looking at the scenario your absorption lessons dramatically with each hit. Q10 can help with this. In fact the doctors throat is sore from taking two massive hits today instead of just one as he normally does. Please feel free to MSG the doctor For more detailed information.

Doctor Meth
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19
Silver Member

Male from Zimbabwe
ilovetrip is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1 Points: 34, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Dr.M, the scenario you described doesn't apply to vapour inhaled. Just like a good vape technique, its all about surface area. a 25mg shard has a say 10mm^2 surface area, but 25mg shard smashed up into one hundred small shards will have much more surface area, and will disolve alot faster. Would this not apply to the vapours? absorbed very fast because of the tiny molacules?

Another thing, when you suck a glass dick, you inhale for a long time, allowing a large percent of the vapours to stay in there longer than the final draw. So if you held it for say 3 seconds, thats 3 seconds for the last draw to be absorbed, and the rest would have longer.

Also, if the vapour hit your tounge, would it absorb some of the good stuff?
Old 29-02-2012, 21:04

22 y/o Male from USA - Nevada
DeToKz needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

i DO NOT recomend holding in a dope rip...
Old 01-03-2012, 08:31

43 y/o Male from Australia
mmm-ice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Lets put some facts on the table......

Methamphetamine Hydrochloride (i.e. Ice, Meth etc) melts at 170-175 degrees C, and becomes a gas/vapour slightly above this temp (refer erowid).

When meth is heated in a pipe the shards melt (into a pool at the bottom of the bowl). If more heat is applied the liquid boils and turns into a vapour (same as ice>water>steam). As soon as the meth vapour cools below 175degrees it turns back to a solid in the form of micro-crystals. The white 'smoke' one sees coming out of a pipe are billions of these micro-crystals.

When meth is smoked the user inhales the micro-crystals. The micro-crystals are very soluble and some/most dissolve as soon as they hit the lung tissues.

This means that concerns about meth "crystalizing" in the lungs are non-sense. The meth is already in crystal form long before it hits the lungs. And meth is very soluble in water - so any meth in the lungs will be totally dissolved.

It is not physically possible to inhale meth vapour (and live) - meth is only a vapour above 175degreesC - imagine breathing in a mouthful of 175degree steam from a pressure cooker and how your lungs would feel.

Which brings me to the conclusion that if one is smoking pure meth then any 'smoke' that is exhaled is wasted euphoria. Better to hold it in and absorb as much as possible.

If meth is cut with 'bad stuff' then the pros/cons of holding vs exhaling fast will depend on what the 'bad stuff' actually is (melting point, solubility, toxicity etc). If the bad stuff melts below 175degreesC & is more soluble than meth then the lungs will have absorbed most of it before you even get around to exhaling. If the bad stuff melts above (say 250C) then it's mostly going to stay in the bowl and won't vapourise anyway.

Any thoughts ??

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very interesting aboutthe micro-crystals
Logic win
point taken.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34
Silver Member

Male from USA - Washington
æsndns is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1 Points: 46, Level: 1
Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3% Activity: 2.3%

Excellent post mmm-ice. With uncut, what would gargling out the exhalation with water and swallowing do, generally speaking? Hypothetically one could percolate with water in ones mouth, or use a device and swallow the water, what would that do, generally speaking? Holding it in, and not holding it in aspects, at 175degreesC level.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:38

43 y/o Male from Australia
mmm-ice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

Throat, mouth, lungs are already full of moisture - so gargling some extra liquid in the mouth probably isnt going to make much difference (but isnt going to hurt).

Exhaling into a bong full of water - will likely capture some meth in the water -but most will likely blow thru and not dissolve (just like when a bong is used to smoke meth - reverse direction).

My main point in the post above is (my belief) that blowing huge clouds is just a waste (of fun & money).
Old 03-03-2012, 09:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.Addie Daddy is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1 Points: 135, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

A close friend held in the smoke her first time for about 15-20 seconds, thinking it was like weed. She ended up going to the doctor with "bronchitis" problems because she was coughing so bad. Crystallizing your lungs = not fun.

Just wanted to add that experience.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:33
Silver Member

26 y/o Female from United States
MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5% Activity: 1.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie Daddy View Post
A close friend held in the smoke her first time for about 15-20 seconds, thinking it was like weed. She ended up going to the doctor with "bronchitis" problems because she was coughing so bad. Crystallizing your lungs = not fun.

Just wanted to add that experience.
SWIM is also experiencing the same thing currently. She was always told not to hold in the smoke, but rather, blow it out more like you're smoking a cigar. Well, about two weeks ago her hook up convinced her to try holding it in, he was positive that the high would be better/faster/longer. She tried that for about a week, but this last week she has been coughing up phlegm both hardened and runny, and is constantly feeling like she's drowning from the inside. Doctor appointment next week. :/
Old 05-03-2012, 15:06
Titanium Member

Male from Canada
CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.CanadianBakin really knows their shit.
Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7
Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8% Activity: 3.8%

I wanna add my bit here... I personally hold my hits in for close to 10 seconds probably. I dont notice and phlegm or negative effects.. but than again I smoke cigarettes and pot too, so its probably as bad as it can get already lol...

Also, people, about the 'recrystallizing in your lungs'... That's completely bogus. Think.. If you breathe into your pipe heavily, with warm breath, it condenses and you notice all your resin disappears right? Thats because meth dissolves in water extremely easily, its very water soluble. It's extremely moist and warm inside your lungs, and the walls are wet to the touch.. No resin is going to form there. Now Im not saying its not bad for you, just, your lungs dont look like the inside of your pipe trust me.... Of course, with any smoke theres tar and shit like that thats very bad for your lungs.. And meths chemical nature and various ingredients probably really suck for your lungs lol... But I figure, I smoke a lot of smoke haha, might as well hold it a few more seconds longer..

Some people say blow it out instantly. I can respect that for lung safety reasons, but if you wanna get more out of your meth, holding it in a bit gets the most out of it. I dont know, some people will attest that remark, but to me it just seems like common logic... I know ingredients change and die off after being burned, but im pretty sure meth-smoke active ingredients last longer than say, THC in cannabis whic apparently is useless 4 or 5 seconds after being smoked...

Thing is, there isnt enough readily available info on meth and lung damage on the internet.. There is but its so inconsistant.. I cant find one definitive in depth answer on the effects of meth on your lungs.. Pot and tobacco have endless rescources.. but meth, its a big jumble of opinions.. Its retarded... Education is the best defense... Personally, I have a feeling meth isn't the worst thing for your lungs.. compared to tobacco and pot anyway. Could be wrong... Mine feel and work fine after three years. I could be wrong.. w/e i dont even care.. Live fast die young B) amiright?
Old 06-03-2012, 08:30
Silver Member

MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.MisMonroe is captain of the psychonauts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisMonroe View Post
SWIM is also experiencing the same thing currently. She was always told not to hold in the smoke, but rather, blow it out more like you're smoking a cigar. Well, about two weeks ago her hook up convinced her to try holding it in, he was positive that the high would be better/faster/longer. She tried that for about a week, but this last week she has been coughing up phlegm both hardened and runny, and is constantly feeling like she's drowning from the inside. Doctor appointment next week. :/
Well here's an update, went to the doctor today and was told I have a pretty bad case of Bronchitis.
I do believe this is solely due to the fact that I was holding my hits in. No, I don't give in to the theories of the smoke crystallizing in your lungs, if this were to actually be true, don't you think that would lead to death by suffocation, pretty much?
I have NEVER had Bronchitis in my life, never even really had congestion like this before either. Acute Bronchitis can be caused by viral infections, bacteria, or chemical irritants.
I won't be holding my hits in anymore!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51

33 y/o Male from United States
Eeeee Dub!!! is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2% Activity: 4.2%

My cat always holds his hits for about 10 seconds....just an old pothead habit I guess. That cat was a huge stoner in his youth. He usually feel abit phlemy after a spin cycle but it could be from the excessive cigs smoked while spun. The cat says it usually clears up in a day or 2....long before he is ready for his next tweakout day.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:12
Silver Member

It's been so long since I've smoked pot that, while smoking with my dad a couple weeks ago, I held the flame to the weed the entire time I was inhaling.
Definitely had a couple questioning looks.

Share this on:

Tags
amphetamine, cocaine, crack, crack cocaine, crystal, crystal meth, crystallize, drugs-forum, harm reduction, meth, methamphetamine, methamphetamine smoking, methamphetamines, passive smoking, pure meth, smoking meth, vapor