Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antidepressants
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29-03-2010, 04:53
Banned

32 y/o Male
waffle needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Can Lexapro be used to get high

SWIM has heard of people using antidepressants recreationally and SWIM have recently been prescribed lexapro (escitalopram) SWIM used to take vicodin alot but SWIM stopped because he didn't want to mix prescription drugs. The doctor actually prescribed him more than he needs and he was wondering if he could replace the vicodin with the lexapro. What should I tell him?
Old 29-03-2010, 05:45
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
enjoi is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Can Lexapro be used to get high

Well Lexapro is actually an SSRI whereas Vicodin is an opiate and totally different makeup. It has no recreational value like most antidepressants (especially pharmaceutical ones) and since it's an SSRI for some people it doesn't even work right away. If you're trying to get off Vicodin with Lexapro that will be hard to do since they are different but if you do wanna try, I would try the Lexapro the way it was prescribed.
Old 29-03-2010, 06:05
Platinum Member & Advisor

33 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19 Points: 18,450, Level: 19
Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2% Activity: 97.2%

NO! You're new here, so I'll be nice. If you look through this here forum, about twice a page you will see this very same topic "can this here anti-depressent get me high?" And as always, the answer is no. Just because it's a pill, doesn't mean you can "messed up" or what ever it is people are after.

I'm looking at your threads, ad you've started a number of threads on questions that get discussed here all the time. You need to take some time and do some reading, even if it means you need to read more then you want to. You can't just ask "can this get a person high?" and think it's safe to fuck around with drugs, you really need to understand how a drug works, what it does to you, what can go wrong. You really would benefit from doing some more reading, get some more background.

Take this advice with love.
Old 29-03-2010, 18:37
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potter View Post
If you look through this here forum, about twice a page you will see this very same topic "can this here anti-depressent get me high?"
That would be true if this was "Antidepressants" Potter

This is "Downers", so I'll move it to make it true!

Ping! x
Old 06-08-2010, 05:21

41 y/o Male from USA - New York
subject is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1 Points: 29, Level: 1

Lexapro is good but I want more. SWIM is on 20mg/day....Could I double up on it?
Old 06-08-2010, 05:36
Gold Member

25 y/o Male from Earth
Coconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,836, Level: 7 Points: 2,836, Level: 7 Points: 2,836, Level: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by subject View Post
Lexapro is good but I want more. SWIM is on 20mg/day....Could I double up on it?
Is your friend prescribed 40mg/day? If not, then no. Escitalopram is an SSRI, not a recreational drug; increasing the dose without medical supervision can induce horrible side-effects and possibly serotonin syndrome.

Don't mess with these drugs.
Closed Thread

Share this on:

Tags
drug, drugs, drugs forum, lexapro, prescription drugs, vicodin