Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > Kratom
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Kratom Mitragyna speciosa

Old 08-10-2005, 03:47
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Has anyone tried this combo? I gotta say, the alcohol really takes this buzz to the next level. Even 1 drink can really boost the buzz and turn it into a definate high. Even with a tolerance to kratom, a little bit of booze really turns things up for me. Anyone else have any experience w/ this combo?
Old 10-10-2005, 20:06

Male from United Kingdom
Thcenigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
I agree. For some reason red wine works quite well after kratom wheres things like beer/cider just make me bloated with the kratom.not to mutch alcohol thoughwith a high dose ofK you just feel like your going into a coma ! The alcohol seems to bring on the effects quicker say a couple of glasses of wine ore spirits. And it make the kratom feel more like a stronger sedative opiate.not that i've tried heroin ore morphine but you know whatmean.
Old 10-10-2005, 22:30

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Yea, I tried drinking a few Guinness beers... Woa, way to much stuff in my stomach hehe. Liquors are good with kratom and wine goes well for me. The combo definately puts things at the more sedative end, but it also increases the body buzz for me. Very warm and pleasant.
Old 10-10-2005, 22:37
Alfa Alfa is nu online
Productive insomniac
Administrator

98 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 82,488, Level: 41 Points: 82,488, Level: 41 Points: 82,488, Level: 41
Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4% Activity: 46.4%
So Kratom liquor may be a nice experiment then.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:50

Male
Perhaps... But I still like eating the kratom more and then doing a shot when the buzz is starting. Timing is important I think.
Old 11-10-2005, 22:47

Male from United Kingdom
Thcenigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1 Points: 17, Level: 1
Just a quick question is eatingkratom twigs /leaves(comercial grade) powdered up in the blender (about 12 grams)without doing the double boil method eaten with appple suace/honey better than decentnormal qaulityresin. I ask this because swim pays £xxxx for 50 grams of resin for 5 doses wheres the comercial grade is £xxxx for 100 grams.

I think the best time for this combination isabout 30mts- 1 hour after you have had the kratom and your pupils are pin point then its time to have a moderate drink. as sands of time siad its a realy nice warming buzz..
Edited by: Thcenigma

Last edited by Bajeda; 10-03-2007 at 00:14.
Old 11-10-2005, 22:56
Silver Member

Male
armatitumor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2 Points: 231, Level: 2
SWIM has tried rum with kratom, with good results. Although he never was too big a fan of either drug.
Old 11-10-2005, 23:03

Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thcenigma

Just a quick question is eating*kratom twigs /leaves(comercial grade) powdered up in the blender (about 12 grams)without doing the double boil method eaten with appple suace/honey better than decent*normal qaulity*resin. I ask this because swim pays £xx for 50 grams*of resin for 5 doses wheres the comercial grade is £xx for 100grams.

I think the best time for this combination is*about 30mts- 1 hour after you have had the kratom and your pupils are pin point then its time to have a moderate drink. as sands of time siad its a realy nice warming buzz..
So you asking which is better, resin or leaf. Swim likes leaf better because he can grind it and measure it out easily. With resin, you don't always know the strength. Leaf vendors usually tell you the strength of the product.

When swim gets resin, he generally cut it into peices and swallow like a pill. This method is extremely convenient and descrete. Resin is usually more expensive because it takes more work to get the final product, and if your buying from a small vendor, the price is likely to be higher because there may just be one guy doin all the work.

Price and potency wise, I would go with leaf all the way. With that 100 grams, you would have at least 10 doses.

Last edited by Bajeda; 10-03-2007 at 00:15.
Old 12-10-2005, 01:33
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Japan
Benga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond reputeBenga is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12 Points: 7,537, Level: 12
last time kratom was tried a single beer = massive wave of nausea in 10 minutes then vomit. Not fun. 3 beers, 2 trips to the bathroom, last one avoided feeling extremily bad.

it was tea made from resin. dosage iwas 11 grams each.Good effects, apart for the waves of nausea which lasted the two about 24 hours...enough to get one to keep away from the stuff for some time...

ah there's this thing about taking a drug orally, especially teas...too many bad memories

edit : this old experience was a actually an form of Kratom dosages, due to poorly labelled extracts and carelessness.

Last edited by Benga; 13-06-2009 at 08:59.
Old 13-06-2009, 01:05
Cannabis Enthusiast

40 y/o Male from USA - New York
Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.
Re: kratom + alcohol

Thanks for the info. Swim is glad he found this post about the beer and kratom. Swim was going to try it with some Guinesses as sands of time mentioned swiy did. But swim could easily see how Guiness would make swim feel wayyyy too full since the stomach seems to feel not bad just maybe a bit sensitive on enough kratom.

The red wine sounds interesting. Swim thinks he may try some kratom this evening and then a glass of red wine at about T+30.
Old 15-06-2009, 00:43
humdroid humdroid is nu online
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

Y can have alcohol after kratom, but not kratom after alcohol, as it makes him sick
Old 15-06-2009, 01:21
Cannabis Enthusiast

40 y/o Male from USA - New York
Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.Johan73 really adds to the discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
I gotta say, the alcohol really takes this buzz to the next level.
Anyone else have any experience w/ this combo?
Swim did end up trying it kratom with a glass of red wine about ten minutes after tossing and washing the kratom. It is quite a nice combination. It does seem to enhance the buzz nicely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humdroid View Post
Y can have alcohol after kratom, but not kratom after alcohol, as it makes him sick
Swim hasn't tried alcohol before kratom, but could see how it might make him sick. Kratom seems to make the stomach a bit delicate for a while after ingestion swim has noticed?
Old 23-06-2009, 04:11
Silver Member

Male from United States
Elphantwalker is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

Swim has been taking kratom with Coors Light regularly for over a year. Kratom tea (7 grams) per the Siebert recipe first, followed by a quick pounding of 12 ounces. And then another. This takes the edge off the come-up and is best done on an empty stomach lest it cause intense vomiting. In 15 minutes the fun begins.

The problem is that after almost a year and a half of this 2-3 times a week, the subsequent alcohol intake has gone from 6-8 Coors Lights to 10-12 Coors Lights, sometimes more. One might say with a predisposition to alcoholism, kratom may act like other legal compounds and make alcoholism worse over time.

Quitting both cold turkey has led to 3-4 days of diarrhea, general feeling of malaise, and a head feeling remarkably similar to Xanax withdrawal (but nowhere near as bad - hopefully not as long-lasting either). Some of these may be symptoms of diabetes or hypertension, neither of which have officially been diagnosed.

A fun ride, yes it is. But the longterm effects of regular use may be worse than the longterm effects of either on its own.
Old 24-06-2009, 02:38
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

A combo of Kratom and beer intensifies the feelings of euphoria for swim. The sum is greater than the parts, atleast for this swimmer.
Old 24-06-2009, 06:49

38 y/o Male from United States
chaosx is a decent psychonaut.chaosx is a decent psychonaut.

mixing alcohol with kratom, just makes swim throw up, and usually kills his buzz. however soaking kratom in alcohol & then drinking it down seems okay. once kratom has sat in his stomach for a couple of minutes alcohol is no good.
Old 24-06-2009, 07:05
Palladium Member

OhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way upOhCasey is on the way up
Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2 Points: 180, Level: 2

Swim has an iron stomach and nothing really makes him throw up anymore but I can see where some who have milder stomachs and get nausea from either alcohol or kratom wouldnt want to mix them together.
Old 05-07-2009, 21:09
humdroid humdroid is nu online
Silver Member

47 y/o Female from United Kingdom
humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.humdroid really adds to the discussion.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

alcohol after kratom is good
alcohol before kratom = voms
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from United States
arizona79 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1 Points: 139, Level: 1

This girl I know used to drink- not much, but more than she would have liked to. Since starting kratom, she has zero desire to drink (unless she goes a few days without). The thought of drinking with kratom, she says, does NOT sound good to her. And she said the once or twice she tried, it made her VERY sleepy. SMMV, of course!
Old 09-07-2009, 19:09

bigloc should review received reputation comments.
Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1 Points: 45, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

a few beers wouldnt be bad if swiy made kratom tea but not after a toss and wash, swim gets nausea more from toss and wash but better high so its a toss up.
Old 17-05-2010, 01:30
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

holy cow, SWIM experiences possibly about x3 the euphoria with just a little bit of alcohol. About 8 oz. is about all it takes to enhance it 3 fold for SWIM.

DiabolicScheme added 7 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

SWIM would also like to add he took a heaping spoonful of powder + tagamet 200mg about 45 minutes before drinking some miller light.

Last edited by DiabolicScheme; 17-05-2010 at 01:30. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 16-11-2012, 03:15

25 y/o Male from Canada
Legalhighbyby should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time View Post
Has anyone tried this combo? I gotta say, the alcohol really takes this buzz to the next level. Even 1 drink can really boost the buzz and turn it into a definate high. Even with a tolerance to kratom, a little bit of booze really turns things up for me. Anyone else have any experience w/ this combo?
Ya swim always has yagermesiter, hope I spelled that right haha. Anyway I take a shot after I ingested about a tablespoon of bali kratom and the effects are incredible, seems to be very sedating to a good point. For some reason this yager seems to work better than beer or any other type of hard liquor. Hope this helps salut man

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306&highlight=SWIM
Old 16-11-2012, 04:21

Male from United Kingdom
steve51184 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

is alcohol and kratom even safe? i'd of thought it'd be a very bad combination as kratom is a lot like opiates right? o_0
Old 24-11-2012, 02:07
Titanium Member

Male from United States
DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.DiabolicScheme must live here.
Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5 Points: 1,174, Level: 5
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve51184 View Post
is alcohol and kratom even safe? i'd of thought it'd be a very bad combination as kratom is a lot like opiates right? o_0
Probably not the safest thing to do you're right. Though kratom and alcohol are both nausea inducing substances so I think the risk of "overdosing" isn't as big of a risk as other classic opioids. Asphyxiation from vomiting in your sleep would actually be my major concern as far as this combination goes.
Old 25-11-2012, 17:17
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from United States
spliffy37 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2% Activity: 1.2%

I spent some time trying to comment, as this is an important topic @ this time for me. But for whatever reason-it doesn't post. getting frustrated

spliffy37 added 12 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Ok, seems to work now. I'm sick of being detailed and losing it; so I'll cut 2 the chase:
Alcohol/Ethanol (40% or 80 proof) is the absolute BEST way to extract All of the active alkaloids from the Kratom plant material! As it is not very soluble in water...
3oz alcohol/1 gram powder leaf, heat (don't boil!), let cool, siphon brown liquid, (tincture) leave plant matter. Yield is maybe 2.5 shots. But IMO it's like 3 times the potency of eating all that raw material. And it only takes 45 seconds in the microwave in a glass jar..
So, in essence I only need a third of what you all are consuming to get the same effect, but here's the catch: Now I have two addictive chemicals to kick. Which is NOT a pleasant prospect!
Peace!

Last edited by spliffy37; 25-11-2012 at 17:17. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-11-2012, 17:23
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20 Points: 19,555, Level: 20
Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9% Activity: 99.9%

That is similiar to how i make my alcohol extractions.
Go to the second post in this thread TEK - Making a basic Kratom Extract http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=158056

I dont see how you are making it more potent, perhaps you can explain that?

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alcohol combinations, alcohol effects, beer, booze, drugs-forum, hangover, ingesting kratom, kratom, kratom and alcohol, kratom capsules, kratom combinations, kratom effects, kratom hangover, kratom powder, liquor, pinned pupils, pinpoint pupils, tagamet, using kratom, wine