Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 17-03-2010, 02:06
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from USA - California
Mr.GeoloGist is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Probation Drug Test

hello swim was wondering what are the drugs a probation test , test for?

Mr.GeoloGist added 21 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

and if they test for ghb, gbl 1-4 butanediol. or spice?

Last edited by Mr.GeoloGist; 17-03-2010 at 02:06. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-03-2010, 02:34
R.I.P.

28 y/o Male from United States
bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 851, Level: 4 Points: 851, Level: 4 Points: 851, Level: 4
Re: Probation Drug Test

It's impossible to say. SWIM was just tested for cocaine and cannabis when he was on probation. He had friends who whent through the same probation office and were subjected to a dip test that were the NIDA-5, oxycodone, and benzodiazepines.

The NIDA-5 are :
  1. THC
  2. Cocaine
  3. Amphetamines
  4. Opiates
  5. Phencyclidine
To be safe, SWIM always assumes he will get tested for these at a minimum....

Any of the actives in Spice products shouldn't be tested for. That might start changing soon as they are getting more popular...

GHB, GBL, and 1,4 butanediol shouldn't really be a problem either. As they are expensive to test for, and have a very short detection time...

Of course, if they suspect SWIY is using something, they could always ask the lab to test SWIY for more substances.... And without working at whatever lab your probation office uses, there is no way to know what they are capable of testing for....

Be safe...

bluntshell added 10 Minutes and 9 Seconds later...

This is the Erowid link to drug testing...

It is a wonderful resource.

Last edited by bluntshell; 10-06-2010 at 10:53. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-03-2010, 02:43

thankyou. if anyone else has anyhting to share please do.. swim lives in california, maybe someone would know different test applied to people of probation, if there even is.. thankyou
Old 17-03-2010, 14:25
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10

GHB (or anything that metabolizes to GHB, like GBL or 1,4-butandiol) can be easily tested for, but are typically only tested for in certain circumstances.

Spice is unlikely to be tested for, though this is something that is likely to rapidly change in the near future.

I worked in a criminal drug testing lab for almost 2 years.

Last edited by Jasim; 08-06-2010 at 01:58. Reason: correction and clarification
Old 17-03-2010, 16:54
R.I.P.

28 y/o Male from United States
bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.bluntshell probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 851, Level: 4 Points: 851, Level: 4 Points: 851, Level: 4

Really? for the GHB? I figured they'd only test for it in specific circumstances, like when they had suspicion... Did your lab test for GHB in every sample or did it just have the capability to do it? Is this detection that erowid has accurate?

Here's what erowid has to say:
The first thing to know about GHB and drug tests is that neither GHB nor its metabolites (the substances it is broken down into by the body) are tested for in the standard drug test. The basic drug test, currently used for nearly all testing programs (corporate, school, sports & judicial), checks for 5 types of substances.
Even the extended drug tests used by most companies do not test for the presence of GHB or its metabolites. We have heard from one individual who went in for a standard drug test while under the influence of GHB. He passed with no problem. For more information on the basic and extended drug tests...see the Drug Testing Vault

Detection Period
It is, however, technically possible to detect GHB with a drug test, but only for a very short period after use. Nearly all of the metabolites are gone from the body within the first 24 hours. Because they are so uncommon, these tests are much more expensive to give than the basic test. We have never heard of an individual being tested for GHB without a very specific reason to think they have it in their system, as would be the case with someone who believes they were given GHB by someone else (some date rape cases) and in some autopsy).

Last edited by bluntshell; 23-06-2010 at 00:04.
Old 17-03-2010, 17:01
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
kimotag is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

As GHB naturally occurs in the body and varies in amounts between people, it would be hard to say that an individual had been using it recreationally unless they were tested that day or early the next!
Old 17-03-2010, 18:13
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline

Okay bluntshell, you bring up a good point. My lab would test for GHB in sexual assault cases only. However, that's a drug that is really easy to test for and protocol differs from one lab to the next. You are incorrect to state that GHB is expensive to test for. It's possible that some labs may test for it as a standard part of their protocol. I'll also mention that drug testing protocols can change very rapidly. Over the course of the 2 years that I spent in a criminal testing lab, what we tested for as 'standard' increased dramatically from a small 5-panel test to a fully extended 12+ category test. Criminal drug testing labs are likely to have more funds from the state to perform the tests they conduct. They are also likely to have access to plenty of sample volume to go through.

In short, GHB and friends are not likely to be a part of a standard test, but who knows. Given how easy it is to test for, and the lab is likely to have everything necessary to test for it, it's my opinion that using it would be too risky. There's plenty of other drugs out there that aren't tested for at all.

EDIT:
Kimotag, my knowledge of GHB is not extensive enough to comment on endogenous levels, but I'm guessing that those levels are far too low to be detectable in a standard drug screen. Recreational levels of GHB are likely to be in extreme excess of any endogenous levels. Otherwise everyone would be in a GHB high all the time. Either way, there's plenty of precedent for testing for GHB. It is done and such test results are used legally.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks for that clarification

Last edited by Jasim; 17-03-2010 at 18:25.
Old 18-03-2010, 04:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasim View Post
Okay bluntshell, you bring up a good point. My lab would test for GHB in sexual assault cases only. However, that's a drug that is really easy to test for and protocol differs from one lab to the next. You are incorrect to state that GHB is expensive to test for. It's possible that some labs may test for it as a standard part of their protocol. I'll also mention that drug testing protocols can change very rapidly. Over the course of the 2 years that I spent in a criminal testing lab, what we tested for as 'standard' increased dramatically from a small 5-panel test to a fully extended 12+ category test. Criminal drug testing labs are likely to have more funds from the state to perform the tests they conduct. They are also likely to have access to plenty of sample volume to go through.

In short, GHB and friends are not likely to be a part of a standard test, but who knows. Given how easy it is to test for, and the lab is likely to have everything necessary to test for it, it's my opinion that using it would be too risky. There's plenty of other drugs out there that aren't tested for at all.

EDIT:
Kimotag, my knowledge of GHB is not extensive enough to comment on endogenous levels, but I'm guessing that those levels are far too low to be detectable in a standard drug screen. Recreational levels of GHB are likely to be in extreme excess of any endogenous levels. Otherwise everyone would be in a GHB high all the time. Either way, there's plenty of precedent for testing for GHB. It is done and such test results are used legally.
swim just got his tox report back from the ngiht he got arrested, which he ingested a blue piece and around 7 ml of gbl

his report showed only
mda
mdma
amphetamines
thc

and thats from california, so swim is thinking they dont test for it.

Mr.GeoloGist added 1 Minutes and 35 Seconds later...

swim doesn't think they would test for it, nless the had probable cause.. like date rape. ect...

Post Quality Evaluations:
What's a "blue piece?" Don't use slang.
Thank you for the update. Valuable information.

Last edited by Mr.GeoloGist; 18-03-2010 at 04:37. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-04-2010, 01:42

so swim got assigned his po today, where then he had to take a drug test, he saw on the back of the paper the 10 panel test they offer test for ghb, swim hasnt done any in about a week. but he was wondering how long does g stay in your system, say if he was doing it allnight or for 3 days straight?

Mr.GeoloGist added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

and would 1,4 butanediol and gbl show up as ghb?

Last edited by Mr.GeoloGist; 28-04-2010 at 01:42. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-04-2010, 17:00
Gold Member

Yes, 1,4-butanediol and GBL would both show up as GHB since they are both metabolized to GHB in the body. GHB should be out of the system after the third day after use (likely clear after 1-2 days, but I don't have a source). Prodrugs for GHB such as 1,4-butanediol and GBL may stick around slightly longer.

EDIT: GHB and prodrugs are not likely to show up on a drug test 24 hours after use.

Last edited by Jasim; 25-06-2010 at 21:36.
Old 29-04-2010, 00:00

Quote:
Yes, 1,4-butanediol and GBL would both show up as GHB since they are both metabolized to GHB in the body. GHB should be out of the system after the third day after use (likely clear after 1-2 days, but I don't have a source). Prodrugs for GHB such as 1,4-butanediol and GBL may stick around slightly longer.
oo damn, i guess swim wont be takin any G anymore =(
Old 03-06-2010, 01:23

Ok so swim did alot of research on GHb testing, and all of the legitimate analyses said GHB would leave the system in 12-24 hours for 100% of their volunteers.for a single dose.
how long would it take for a night of ghb say 4 or 5 doses? would it be any different? or jsut 12-24 hours fromthe last dose?
please reply, thanks
Old 03-06-2010, 16:29
Gold Member

What is considered a single dose? What is the half-life of GHB?
Old 07-06-2010, 15:30

A "therapeutic dose" apparently 50mg/kg
so back to my question how long would a night of Ghb stay in my system?
24 hours from the last dose, or longer, because of the build up?
Old 07-06-2010, 15:55
Gold Member

All sources I've seen suggest that 12 hours is the max time GHB can be detected. In fact some of the evidence-based sources suggest that 12 hours is actually too long and the detection time for GHB is much shorter. Once again I'll reiterate that pro-drugs of GHB are likely to be detectable for longer periods of time.

Source: GHB urine concentrations after single-dose administration in humans (2006)

More information may be found at: Drug Testing - A Comprehensive Guide You may post relevant questions on drug testing in that thread.
Old 08-06-2010, 00:54

Quote:
GHB is likely to be tested for. Or anything that metabolizes to GHB, like GBL or 1,4-butandiol.

Spice is unlikely to be tested for, though this is something that is likely to rapidly change in the near future.

I worked in a criminal drug testing lab for almost 2 years.
Well how come you said this?
But only with a GC/MC test?
Would they really post that on the drug testing sheet, if it wasn't a immunoassay test?
Old 08-06-2010, 02:03
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.GeoloGist View Post
Well how come you said this?
But only with a GC/MC test?
Would they really post that on the drug testing sheet, if it wasn't a immunoassay test?
I've now corrected that post. My post following the one you quoted clarifies my opinion on the issue.

GHB can only be tested for by GC/MS, there is no immunoassay as far as I know. GHB tests are usually only done in sexual assault cases or if GHB is suspected.

When I worked in a drug testing lab, we had several sheets which listed the drug tests we did. The sheets could be marked to indicate an 'order' for a particular drug test. Some drug tests were considered "standard". These "standard" drug tests were always performed, while other tests had to be specifically asked for. GHB was one such drug that we could easily test for, but had to be specifically asked for as it was not a part of any of our "standard panels" unless the sample was from a sexual assault victim.

As testing procedures vary from one place to the next, I cannot say with certainty that GHB is not a part of a standard drug test. I can say that it is more likely to be tested for in some situations than others and that testing for it is neither difficult nor expensive.
Old 22-06-2010, 21:50

Can anyone show me a link for gbl 1-4butanediol detection time?
Old 22-06-2010, 21:54
Gold Member

^ It's going to be relatively the same as GHB (see my post above for a link to source). GBL and 1,4-butanediol are both metabolized into GHB. Taking either one is likely to only extend the detection time by a negligible amount. Sources I've seen suggest the conversion to GHB is pretty quick.
Old 23-06-2010, 00:03

Male from United Kingdom
corky616 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

Blue is on probation and is tested for: cocaine, marijuanna, amphetamines, opiates, methamphetamiene, the active chemical in cough syrup(DXM), and barbituates.
Old 23-06-2010, 15:03
Gold Member

^ Blue is being tested for DXM use??? How does Blue know this for sure? What kind of test is it? I've never seen nor heard of DXM being an analyte on any urinalysis drug screen.
Old 25-06-2010, 21:20

so can someone answer swim's question:
if swim were to do ghb for a couple days straight then had a test 3 days later would he be in the clear?
if swim were to do ghb for 2 days straight , would the ghb be out of his system at most 24 hours from the last dose? or would it be in his system and extended amount of time, due to the excessive usage?
thankyou
Old 25-06-2010, 21:26
Gold Member

All metabolites from GHB are gone within 24 hours. It's metabolized very quickly. Prodrugs are metabolized very quickly into GHB. In other words the detection time for GHB is short. Chronic or prolonged use is not going to alter clearance rate for this drug. It's highly unlikely that a positive will register beyond 24 hours after use under any circumstance for GHB or any GHB prodrug.

EDIT: The vast majority of drug tests don't even test for GHB. Unless one knows for certain they are being tested for GHB, assuming that one is not being tested for GHB is likely the correct assumption.

Last edited by Jasim; 25-06-2010 at 21:33.
Old 25-06-2010, 21:56

thankyou so much!
i love this site , because all of you are highly educated on stuff like this.
swim knows for a fact GHB is on the 10 panel test offered by probation , because swim saw it on the paper he had to sign for his last drug test.
but swim does not think they will always resort to using the 10 panel test, saying it probably cost the state more money than the 5 panel
Old 26-06-2010, 19:17

35 y/o Male from Earth
kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.kemistudent is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3 Points: 625, Level: 3

Swims swimmer works in a lab as a tech and has confirmed that no lab in the U.S can test for the JWH's but they are all very familiar with it..

Share this on:

Tags
drug test question, drug testing, drug testing question, ghb concentration, probation