Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Opiates & Opioids > Hydrocodone
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 06-03-2010, 03:19
Silver Member

Male from United States
CCApollo is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 175, Level: 2 Points: 175, Level: 2 Points: 175, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Tramadol and Hydrocodone

SWIM just got his Wisdom Teeth pulled, and is starting to experience some pain. Dentist didn't bother to listen to him/read his medical history, and SWIM's mom went on a big rant about narcotics, so he didn't perscribe much. 20 7.5's. SWIM was up to taking 40 mg of Hydro on his old script, so as you can see, this is a problem.

Swim has is Tramadol script, and wants to try to combine them to get some reief. He's thinking 2 hydro's and 6 trams (300 mg). He doesn't want to overdue it, just wants some pain relief so he can relax/function a bit. His lower lip/chin are still numb/sore, and he can't move them. Quite hard to talk right now.

Opinoins, anyone?

Thanks
Old 06-03-2010, 07:17
Mercury Member

Male from United States
returntozero needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1 Points: 73, Level: 1
Re: Tramadol and Hydrocodone

umm be careful? take the medication exactly as prescribed
Old 06-03-2010, 13:18

Male
Duntire is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1

How long ago was the old script because swiys tolerence will probably be down since then
Old 06-03-2010, 14:56
Silver Member

Male from United States

Well, see..thats the problem for SWIM. No matter how long SWIM swim seems to wait, his tolerance won't go down. Last time SWIM hadn't used in over 2 months, and SWIM wasted 5 pills while attempting to see if his tolerance was down (a dose of 2 and a dose of 3), and ended up back where he was 2 months prior. He doesn't understand why, and hates this medical fact about himself.

The same happened when he started taking the Tramadol again as well. It at been over a year since he had used Tramadol, and when he started again he had to take 4 for it the help the pain, and he no longer had the odd "speedy" effect he received from them in the past. He also just tried getting off of them for a week to lower tolerance, which didn't work. Quite upsetting, this is.
Old 06-03-2010, 23:02
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9 Points: 4,235, Level: 9
Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7% Activity: 5.7%

Sorry to hear about this, my little pet ocelot had her wisdom teeth out a few months ago, and had similar problems due to a stupidly high opiate tolerance (years of a couple of grams a day IV heroin abuse to blame for that one...) so she knows how you feel. (see this thread for more info on her ridiculous wisdom tooth ordeal - Having wisdom teeth removed whilst addicted to heroin) However, it will get better very quickly, that's one thing she can say for sure.

The other thing she'll say is that although you may have a rather high tolerance to the recreational effects of certain opiates, this doesn't necessarily mean that their analgesic, pain killing effects will not work. You may be pleasantly surprised - when this pet of mine had her operation, she was rather surprised and relieved at how effective a combination of morphine sulfate and tramadol was for dulling the pain (these are drugs which would normally have no effect on her at all).

Sadly can't tell you for sure what will or will not work or be safe in your situation, but you seem to be going on the right track with things, researching dosages/ relative potencies and starting low. Be sensible, use your head, and don't do anything risky.

Hope it stops hurting soon, yeh?

H

Edit - just read the following post in another thread, which may contain advice that could be of use to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroHousewife View Post
I've had quite a few dental problems and some extractions (4 wisdom teeth, 2 regular molars later on, and 4 teeth near the front when I got my braces on) and I remember the dentist suggesting that I get a regular tea bag, like Lipton's or Luzianne or Earl Gray I would imagine works good, as long as it's regular tea, wet it and put it on the socket and bite down on it. Of course it's not going to work like something prescribed, but it does help with the pain, and I've had a couple dry sockets before, and they hurt like hell! Do you have anything there that's a numby type gel you can get at the drugstore to go on it? I'm sure the pain is much deeper than that, but I think when you are hurting and stuck without a prescription, that you should use whatever's safe and available OTC like that. Maybe if you tried the numby stuff, then the tea bag, it might give a little relief together like that.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Helpful and supportive. Thanks!

Last edited by Helene; 06-03-2010 at 23:06. Reason: adding more info
Old 07-03-2010, 01:31
Silver Member

Male from United States

Thank you for the kind words. Much appreciated. SWIM is also sorry SWIY had to go through a similar experience (much worse than SWIM, I think). SWIM is glad to hear you made it through OK.

SWIM has found if he takes his 6 tramadol and 3 of the Hydrocone 7.5's, he gets complete pain relief. Also, he's noticed his headache pain isn't really bothering him for the first time in months. It's there, but it's not too bad right now. He doesn't know if it's because of the pain killers, or perhaps the teeth were causing it all along, but either way it's a good sign. If it's the teeth, SWIM has finally found a cure after 2 years. If it's the Hydrocodone (which was the most effective for SWIM in the past), he has more evidence that just may convince his pain doctor to switch him over.

How great would it be if it was SWIM's wisdom teeth causing some portion of the headaches? He was told it most likely wasn't by the same dentist who removed them last February, but he said "you never know", trying to be optomistic. It would be great if SWIM has finally found a cure, a real answer, instead of just numbing the pain temporarily. SWIM has learned not to get his hopes up though. After all he's been through, all the "right answers" according to countless doctors, and spending time in the "Best headache clinic in the country" with no reief, he doesn't get too exited about possible cures anymore.

Share this on:

Tags
cross tolerance, drug, hydrocodone, tolerance, tramadol, tramadol with