Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 05-03-2010, 07:09
Banned

Male
apathetic_existence should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Anybody else get a buzz from cigarettes if they haven't smoked in a few hours?

Do any other long-time smokers get a buzz from cigarettes if they haven't smoked in a few hours? Or is that just me? I've been smoking for about 10 years, and I don't feel like I have as much of an addiction as I do a bad habit. I've never tried to quit, but I can go hours without even thinking of a cigarette, then I get a buzz when I do smoke one .... and Ive been smoking for so long, does this make any sense? SWIM doesn't get addicted to anything else, even when SWIM did opiates on a semi-regular basis, SWIM didn't get addicted in any way, shape, or form, he just enjoyed doing them. Maybe I'm not actually addicted to nicotine? Don't tell me to try to quit to find out. I don't want to, I like smoking .... but I think I could quit if I wanted to ... but that's not what I'm asking.

This is probably a really stupid thread, but whatever, just wanted see what other people thought about this. Its simply a curiosity thing.

Last edited by apathetic_existence; 05-03-2010 at 08:30. Reason: typos
Old 05-03-2010, 22:09
Titanium Member & Lawyer

33 y/o Male from United States
Khariz is a decent psychonaut.Khariz is a decent psychonaut.
Re: Anybody else get a buzz from cigarettes if they haven't smoked in a few hours?

SWIM gets a buzz off cigarettes every time he smokes the, but then again, SWIM only smokes like once a year when he gets convinced to for odd reasons.

But yeah...if a person doesn't have a nicotine tolerance, one can get passed-the-hell-out high from smoking a cigarette.
Old 05-03-2010, 22:42

Male from United Kingdom
PKoala is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1 Points: 82, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Anybody else get a buzz from cigarettes if they haven't smoked in a few hours?

SWIM gets this as well, they have been smoking for about 8 years and it seems to be once 3-4 hours have passed between smokes there is a pleasant rush. SWIM thinks it is to do with the nicotine levels in SWIM's body as the rush is usually strongest with the first smoke of the day and to SWIM's knowledge nicotine leaves the body quite quickly (thinks its 1-3 days but don't hold SWIM to that estimate). SWIM believes that this is very common, gotta love a good ole nikky rush ;P
Old 06-03-2010, 05:00
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.

I have only gotten a buzz after not smoking for 7 months. Now ive smoked for 3 months straight and no buzz. Only first 2 days. It's almost like a high, i'd hold in the smoke and then exhale. After not smoking for so long i really enjoyed the first ones, and still enjoy them now. Very calming.
Old 06-03-2010, 05:45
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

23 y/o Male from United States
3!NSTEiN should review received reputation comments.

Every day when I wake up I usually have a cig within 45 minutes of waking and I do get a rush. A friend of a friend says he especially feels a rush during the co-administration of stimulants, opiates, benzos, and alcohol.
Old 10-03-2010, 00:05
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.
Points: 1,939, Level: 6 Points: 1,939, Level: 6 Points: 1,939, Level: 6

My dear friend Dr. Raoul Duke also occasionally experiences a rush from cigarettes, and he has been a regular smoker for the last 9 years. It usually happens on one of the first few cigarettes of the day (but not always the first one strangely), he tells me, and is almost always during an illict smoke break from work, when hes puffing quickly as to get back to work and not be caught. Raoul knows it takes a matter of seconds for nicotine to travel from the lungs to the brain, so it stands to reason that if one smokes much faster then they usually would, the amount on nicotine affecting the brain at a time is substantially increased also.
As an intersting side note, if Raoul finds himself in an advanced stage of drunkeness, cigarettes can accelerate the intoxication, with or without continuing to consume alcohol. His only theory for this is that, nicotine -being a stimulant- causes the heart to pump alcohol-infused blood at a higher rate, therefore increasing the amount of alcohol affecting the brain at any time. Of course these are just theories, Dr. Duke claims no expertise on the subject.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting theories to think about-thanks!
Old 16-03-2010, 20:59
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
port 21 is a decent psychonaut.port 21 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4 Points: 729, Level: 4
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim feels pretty baked like he's just had a small bong hit if he has a cigarette in the morning before anything else. Light headedness and increased heartrate occur.

Also, if swim is smoking on a cigarette break that he is taking out of his usual break at work, he smoes faster, which gives a bit of cramp, but also causes the same as above.
Old 16-03-2010, 21:04
Silver Member

56 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Burgersoft777 is captain of the psychonauts.Burgersoft777 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swims Goldfish Fishy stopped smoking 8 years ago, other than a joint once in a while. When Fishy is passed a joint (out and about) s-he sometimes feels lightheaded for a short while, and sometimes a little sick in the pit of the stomach.
Old 16-03-2010, 21:17
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

I thought it was just me? But yeah, in the morning when I have a cigarette with my coffee I get a slight rush, if I've been unable to smoke for a few hours during the day, when I do smoke the rush is exquisite to be honest.

It doesn't help me with giving up. In fact the less I smoke, the bigger the gap between each smoke, and the more intense that rush is.So smoking less feels nicer... I am trying to quit, but if it keeps getting nicer the lower I go...wtf will I do?

Sparkles.
Old 16-03-2010, 21:23
Silver Member

34 y/o Male from Finland
fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.fehs really adds to the discussion.
Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4 Points: 895, Level: 4
Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8% Activity: 5.8%

This puzzles SWIM. He doesn't remember getting any buzz ever from cigarette alone, unless you count nausea+vomiting, which he got when he smoked from the first time as teen, as a buzz. When combined to other substances it's another story, for example now that SWIM is under influence of buprenorphine and alcohol he did get a little bit light-headed (had to test when he read this thread ), but only from cigarette? Nothing. Just an extremely useless and costy habit for SWIM. He has smoked for 14 years.
Old 16-03-2010, 21:47
Silver Member

23 y/o Female from United Kingdom
[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up[tanarilla.] is on the way up
Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4 Points: 1,004, Level: 4

My bunny only gets a buzz using the right devices, tabs just don't do the trick. From a hookah she gets a very strong rush, it feels like it hits the inside roof of your skull. My bunny finds it amusing when non-smoking people attempt to do so, and the minute they inhale they're fine, then they turn blue, start coughing, and in worst cases there was some puking too...makes my bunny wonder how crusty her lungs must be.
Old 16-03-2010, 21:53
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.Neznam is captain of the psychonauts.

A buz would be nice :[ but I dont get em anymore unless i quit for a long time, screw that
Old 16-03-2010, 21:59
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from Canada
Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.Yail Bloor really knows their shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missparkles View Post
I thought it was just me? But yeah, in the morning when I have a cigarette with my coffee I get a slight rush, if I've been unable to smoke for a few hours during the day, when I do smoke the rush is exquisite to be honest.

It doesn't help me with giving up. In fact the less I smoke, the bigger the gap between each smoke, and the more intense that rush is.So smoking less feels nicer... I am trying to quit, but if it keeps getting nicer the lower I go...wtf will I do?

Sparkles.
Honestly, I'd say fuck it. I mean really, if you could actually keeps yourself to a smoke or two a day, and you enjoy it, why give up completely? I mean I'm young and dumb, but somethings gonna kill you sooner or later isnt it? It's our vices that are the spice of life. I'm sure thats not very helpful... Just a thought.

P.S. If you really want to quit, I highly recomend the patch.
Old 17-03-2010, 08:44
Platinum Member & Advisor

Female from United Kingdom
missparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond reputemissparkles is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18 Points: 15,418, Level: 18
Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5% Activity: 7.5%

Yeah I know. But those 5 cigarettes a day are killing my lungs now. But I will try the patches...thanks love.

Sparkles.
Old 20-03-2010, 08:59

Male
Domtay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Well! If you like smoking then it is difficult for you to quit abruptly. So instead of quitting it, you can try the electronic cigarette which does not affect your health. Try the electronic cigarettes you need not have to quit and continue smoking as well.
Old 22-03-2010, 09:12

Male

Smoking cigarettes may affect your health badly with many health disorders. Once you quit smoking you will live the healthy life. Try to quit smoking as soon as possible.
Old 22-03-2010, 21:26
Palladium Member

27 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domtay View Post
Once you quit smoking you will live the healthy life.
*Clears throat* Healthier life. Its not fair to say that quitting smoking guarantees you imunity from the negative effects its already caused on you body. I'd like to add that, though Im sure all the SWIMMERs here appreciate you concern, they do not use this forum to be preached to. If you went to the tobacco forum and started a thread called 'Smoking May Effect Your Health Badly' on the premise of telling people they should quit, I'm pretty sure you would get a negative rep point for something like that. Just a tip.

Last edited by Yail Bloor; 22-03-2010 at 21:27. Reason: spelling
Old 25-03-2010, 18:08

Male from United Kingdom
IamD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

mostly when I smoke my first cigarette in the morning, sometimes its so strong that I cant walk straight for few seconds.
Old 26-03-2010, 05:52

Male

Exactly I have experienced it. When I smoke in the morning, I feel lightheadedness.
Old 26-03-2010, 05:59
R.I.P.

Male from United States
EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.EyesOfTheWorld really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7 Points: 2,267, Level: 7

this happens to me only if i haven't smoked in about 8 months to a year
Old 26-03-2010, 14:25
Titanium Member

25 y/o Male from USA - Kentucky
Moving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond reputeMoving Pictures is a true resource and beyond repute

This happens sometimes to me if I haven't smoked for a day or two, due to various reasons (sick, no money for smokes). I hate the "buzz" though. It just makes me lightheaded and slightly sick to my stomach.
Old 26-03-2010, 14:37

Male from United Kingdom
welshmick needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Certainly got a buzz when I first started smoking.

Don't really notice now, just must have one as soon as I wake.

I did read a conpiracy theory a little while back, that stated that manufacturers are increasing the nicotine content.
In order to make them more addictive.

I'm asthmatic and have COPD, but I love the buggers.
Old 26-03-2010, 17:43
Gold Member

26 y/o Male from Earth
Coconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPACCoconut must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7 Points: 2,840, Level: 7
Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6% Activity: 0.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshmick View Post
I did read a conpiracy theory a little while back, that stated that manufacturers are increasing the nicotine content.
In order to make them more addictive.
Please learn the definition of "conspiracy theory" and don't just throw it around. The fact that cigarette manufacturers increase the nicotine content of their products is common knowledge, and has been covered in both the media and studies.
Old 31-03-2010, 06:41

Male

Yes I feel the same. I have experienced it too. But y is it happening??? Does anyone know about it???
Old 02-04-2010, 08:14

Male from Uganda
inspector is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

The first cigarette of the day really hits HARD! I can't stand still on my feet. I don't know why nicotine hits me so bad.

PS: talking about nicotine isn't self-incriminating...

Share this on:

Tags
addicted, amphetamine, amphetamine tolerance, buzz after not smoking for a few hours, cigarette, cigarettes, first cigarette, nicotine, nicotine buzz, quit smoking, seroquel, smoking cigarettes, tobacco, tolerance

» New Threads
A quick question about tapering...
Last post by Roaddoggy
66 Replies, 2,151 Views
is it good to wean off heroin with...
Last post by Solinari
5 Replies, 295 Views
Coming off heroin using low dose...
Last post by Solinari
23 Replies, 582 Views
Loperamide getting the better of...
Last post by Roaddoggy