Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing Questions
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing Questions Ask a question about drug testing

Old 28-02-2010, 05:38
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female
4pebbles2 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Unanswered: Vyvanse causing amphetamine positive result?

I am a very quiet and shy person by nature and right now i believe myself to be a very stupid person. After finishing up college i needed to find a job. I have real
problems with interviews because of being shy Im just scared of them. So here lies my problem. After searching for a job for 6mths and no leads i decided to go back to walmart. Someone told me that if i took one of my sons vyvanse it would make me better during the interview so the day before the interview i took one and it make me think clear and i could talk like no bodies buisness. So the day of the interview i took one and went to the interview. I was outstanding they told me i was hired as long as i passed the drug test. So little ole happy me bounces down to the drs and did the test not thinking about anything. I was on cloud nine for 10 whole hours then after talkin to someone and told them what i did they ask me this dreaded question. You do know that vyvanse will show up on the test as a amphetamine dont you? I didnt even know what amphetamine meant and she explained so now im a druggie. OMG what do i do? Can i get out of this? I need this job sooo bad. There are no job where im at. I have a bottle of phentermine that is 2 years old full of pills. Will they show up as amphetamine to? Can i say i started taking them again. ILL NEVER TAKE THE PILLS AGAIN. If i had known all this i wouldnt have at all. I just needed that confidence it made me feel. PLEASE help. Ive been on this computer for 2 days tring to figure it all out. Ive slept a total of 4 hours during the 2 days. I just know im stupid for doing it. What can i say that they would believe? Im not a bad person just a stupid one.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Do not self-incriminate. Use 'SWIM' (Someone Who Isn't Me) or similar. Read the Forum Rules.
Old 28-02-2010, 06:31
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%
Re: vyvanse

Phentermine could indeed cause one to test positive for amphetamines in a urinalysis (I assume it was a urinalysis). The problem is that a 2-year-old prescription is likely expired and thus it would still technically be illegal, I think the employer would require proof of a recent prescription--probably requiring that the prescription date be at most a month ago... They probably wouldn't care so much if the prescription date were after the drug test date, they'd likely assume a recurring prescription in that case...

For future reference, it is illegal to use a scheduled substance that has not been prescribed to you by a licensed physician, and it is illegal to use a scheduled substance other than as directed. It is also against the rules of this forum to incriminate yourself, so admitting to such activities is actually not allowed here. Please see the site rules regarding self-incrimination.
Old 28-02-2010, 17:55
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Provided Answers: 1
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

So swiy took 2 Vyvanse, one the day before the interview and one the day of the interview.

When did swiy take the drug test?
Old 28-02-2010, 19:56

Female

swiy took the drug test the day of the interview also. So swiy took 70mg vyvanse the day before the drug test and the day of the drug test.
On the paper order for the test there were 2 selections eCup/eScreen or 5 panel and the employer checked eCup/eScreen. What is the difference between the 2.
Please HELP swiy. Swiy need the job so bad. Swiy has had nothing but bad luck since getting out of college. Its bad enough having to go to work for walmart with a masters degree, but now this. If she wasnt so stupid and nieave about it. She just had no idea and never will be in this situation again.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:40
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23

It is a 100% guarantee that it will show up positive. Red Rock is prescribed lisdexamfetamine and has taken many drug tests the same day, day after, 2 days after, etc and ALL have shown up positive for amphetamines.
Old 05-03-2010, 16:35
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
dragon6102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1 Points: 106, Level: 1

So what happened with this situation?
Old 09-03-2010, 00:43

Female

swiy got a call this morning and was told they had all her stuff back (drug test and background check) and to show up for work tomarrow..... SOOO...... im guessing she passed. There was no mention about the drug test and she wasnt about to ask for details lol....
Thanks everyone.
Old 09-03-2010, 15:00
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Provided Answers: 1
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

Hmm, Explanation? Anyone?

Here's the facts: As stated, the test was eCup/eScreen. The subject took 70mg of Lisdexamfetamine. It took approximately one week for the employer to contact the subject with the test results. Lisdexamfetamine is metabolized to d-amphetamine:

Quote:
Clin Drug Investig. 2008;28(12):745-55. doi: 10.2165/0044011-200828120-00002.
Metabolism, distribution and elimination of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate: open-label, single-centre, phase I study in healthy adult volunteers.
Krishnan SM, Pennick M, Stark JG.

"Relative to dose administered, 41.5% was recovered in urine as d-amphetamine, 24.8% as hippuric acid and 2.2% as intact lisdexamfetamine dimesylate. Less than 0.3% of the administered dose was recovered in the faeces."
"CONCLUSIONS: Following a single 70 mg oral dose, lisdexamfetamine dimesylate was quickly absorbed, extensively metabolized to d-amphetamine and its derivatives, and rapidly eliminated."
Let's assume the test performed as it should and did not return a false negative. It was approximately a week before the results were returned, is this enough time for a confirmation test to be conducted? Possibly, but I think it's unlikely that the testing facility had a GC/MS or HPLC and the sample would have had to be shipped out.
Assuming approximately 42% of the lisdexamfetamine was converted into the detectable metabolite d-amphetamine, that means the dose was approximately 30mg of d-amphetamine.

So what happened? Given that we are talking about a pro-drug, the detectable metabolite could have been low enough in the urine to not trigger a positive.
Old 09-03-2010, 15:27
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

The part of the study quoted is a little confusing. Dextroamphetamine makes up 29.7% of the total weight of lisdexamfetamine, there is 20.79mg of Dextroamphetamine in a 70mg dose. I assume that if they say 41.5% of the lisdexamfetamine can be accounted for from the dextroamphetamine recovered in the urine, then are probably considering the fact that this dextroamphetamine must've once been bound to an l-lysine molecule.

So really, a total of 8.62785mg of dextroamphetamine would've been recovered from the urine after having collected all urine for the duration of the test (which was not included in the above quote). This does not say anything about the concentration of dextroamphetamine in the urine as a function of time. It's possible (albeit extremely unlikely) that all of the dextroamphetamine was recovered in the very last urine sample.

The first confounding factor that comes to mind is that perhaps the subject's diet provided for more alkaline urine around the time the test was taken, which would've slowed the elimination of dextroamphetamine from the body, thus causing the urine to provide too low of a concentration to test positive.

In any case, the subject was very lucky and shouldn't bet on these odds again.

Share this on: