Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 25-02-2010, 17:24
Silver Member

33 y/o Female from United States
dragon6102 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1 Points: 121, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
urine alcohol test

How long does alcohol stay in your system for a drug test that tests for alcohol but not ETG? If someone got really drunk on night, last drink maybe around 1 am, then took a urine drug screen at 4:30 pm the following day, would they test positive? Cutoff is 30/ml. From what I have read it seems alcohol only stays in the urine during the time you are intoxicated, but there is some conflicting information. I drank plenty of water to flush my bladder as well. Please only reply to this if you know what you are talking about, because I do not need unnecessary anxiety thinking I failed my test when I didn't.

Thank you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
After 9 posts and having been warned about it, SWIY is still using personal pronouns.
Old 25-02-2010, 19:38
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10 Points: 4,586, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: urine alcohol test

Most alcohol tests do not test for acetaldehyde (the main metabolic product of ethanol). ETG tests can detect ethanol use up to a week or more.

Alcohol metabolism and clearance occurs as a predictable, linear function that is directly dependent on dose. A healthy adult will process and clear alcohol at about a rate of 1 drink per hour. 1 drink being 12 oz of beer, 5 oz of wine, or 1 shot of hard liquor.
Old 25-02-2010, 20:11
Silver Member

I am aware that alcohol clears the blood at a rate of 1 drink per hour, on average, but I need to know about the urine.

Thanks.
Old 25-02-2010, 21:25
Gold Member

Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline

It is roughly the same. Ethanol moves throughout the entire body with a fairly even distribution in blood, saliva, interstitial fluid, cerebrospinal fluid, and urine.

Again it's dependent on the amount taken, but typically urine tests positive anywhere from 6 to 24 hours after drinking.
Old 25-02-2010, 22:01
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8 Points: 2,982, Level: 8
Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9% Activity: 7.9%

A little off topic, I was a little curious at first, but I wasn't going to post until I saw the negative reputation given to the OP...

Perhaps it's naive, but can it be made illegal for an individual who is of age (older than 21 in the OP's case, according to his alleged location in the United States, and alleged age of 29) to consume alcohol? My assumption is that either the OP was convicted of a drug-related offense, or the drug tests are mandated by an employer. If it's a conviction, then I assume the court mandated random or interval drug tests, but I thought those were more intended to ensure that the offender isn't abusing a variety of other substances; if alcohol were (also) a concern, wouldn't there (also) be mandatory breathlyzer tests? I have several friends who've gotten in trouble for drinking when they were minors and this was the case for all of them... perhaps I am not considering a very good sample population...

If it's the case that an employer is mandating the test, they certainly cannot make it illegal for an employee to consume alcohol on his/her own time, can they?? I can't think of a reason for an employer to mandate that all employees must never consume alcohol on their own time, but if an employer did, at most the OP would be in breach of a contract and liable to be fired...
Old 05-03-2010, 16:37
Silver Member

So will I test positive after drinking a heavy amount the night before a test taken at 4:30 pm the following day?
Old 06-03-2010, 14:35
Gold Member

^ Yes, it's possible to test positive in that situation.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:20

31 y/o Male
supermini50 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

Just a Personal experience=

from what i have personally experienced, these etg tests are bullshit saying they can detect alcohol for a week.. seriously... maybe about 3 days..

I have just recently taken a ua that included the etg test for probation... here is what happened with me...

On Friday i bought 2 tall boy 12% acl. beers and 2 pints of 100 proof vodka... i proceeded to drink these throught the day until i passed out friday night... woke up early saturday morning and bought 5 more 24 oz. 8.1% alc. beers and stopped drinking them around 4 in the afternoon... i really didnt drink too much water saturday evening or sunday... on monday morning when i went to my treatment class i was given a random ua at 12:00pm.. oh shit i thought, im screwed... but i recieved my results today after my treatment class and everything came back negative.. the etg cutoff limit was at 500 nc/g

also my creatinine level was very high at like 90.5 so it was not diluted at all

this is all true and i was stoked when i found out, but from this lucky experience i dont intend on drinking again its not worth it...

i weigh 280 and am pretty active,, not if sure if that has anything to do with the test but just giving you a real life experience for people out there trying to find info like i was after i took the ua...

my advice drink lots of water but not enough to dilute your sample.. or if you are desperate drink a shitload because a dilute is still fail but not a positive..

It seems to me from the time the alcohol is ingested the etg levels decrease very rapidly from looking at the graphs i have found... so just be aware of how long you actually have before a test...

Good Luck Guys

supermini50 added 8 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

OH and also the test was done at Sterling Labs here in Washington State... they do the testing for D.O.C and a shitload of other treatment centers so i figure they know what they are doing...

so either im freaking really lucky,, or the 5 day etg detection time is just to scare the shit out of you like it did me...

Its a roll of the dice
Old 17-03-2010, 14:36
Silver Member

FYI, SWIM passed this test. Guess it really is about an hour per drink....
Old 17-03-2010, 18:07
Gold Member

^ Exactly. I'm actually published in a paper that looked at correlating ethanol levels between blood, cerebrospinal fluid, and interstitial fluid in rats and humans. Ethanol is pretty evenly distributed, unlike most other drugs. It's rate of metabolism is one of the most predictable of any pharmacological agent I'm aware of.
Old 15-03-2011, 00:30

Male from United States
davascript is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1

dragon6102 Can you please elaborate on how many drinks you had and the amount of time it took you to drink them? Really drunk is not an exact amount.

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, drug testing, drugs, urine drug test