Register Tags

Notices

Old 24-02-2010, 06:52

Female
Sooka is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
OD and eating of Fentanyl Gel Patches

Hi, I'm new here, and although I have never done this, I was wanting to get some information about this...
I have a relative who gets these patches, really low dose, I think around 25 mcg... or is it mg? I'm sure you know which I mean. Anyway, they said that if they put one on, or even two, it never did anything. But they are now breaking open the patch and rolling the gel into a "pill" shape (not sucking on it like I've read in almost all eating fentanyl patch posts) and swallowing it whole.
My question is... is what they are doing making it REALLY easy to OD? This person is able to take 4 percocet 10's, as well as 2 loricet 7.5's, and still not feel anything. X-tremely tolerant.
So again, if they keep this up on a daily or every other day basis, what is the chance of them actually OD'ing?

Thanks for any info...
Old 24-02-2010, 10:24
Gold Member

Female from United Kingdom
Helene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline MedlineHelene must mainline Medline
Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9 Points: 4,194, Level: 9
Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4% Activity: 5.4%
Re: OD and eating of Fentanyl Gel Patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooka View Post
4 percocet 10's, as well as 2 loricet 7.5's, and still not feel anything. X-tremely tolerant.
This is not "extremely tolerant"- 40mg of oxycodone and 15mg of hydrocodone is a relatively low dose. Misjudging ones tolerance level is a very dangerous mistake to make.

Fentanyl is about 80 to 100 times stronger than morphine. This is why it is measure in micrograms instead of milligrams. Transdermal fentanyl patches are designed to release a constant, steady stream of fentanyl over 3 days. The dose of 25µg per hour will continue for the full 72 hours. If you eat or suck or smoke or inject the whole contents of the patch, you are getting that whole amount of fentanyl in one go - the whole three days worth.

Fentanyl is a very dangerous drug to abuse. There have been many reported cases of fatal overdoses occurring as a result of fentanyl abuse. To answer your question, for someone with the low opiate tolerance you report to start abusing a drug as strong as fentanyl would, in my opinion, be rather dangerous. And the overdose risk is very real.

Are you trying to gain a recreational effect from this, or an analgesic one? Are you prescribed fentanyl patches for pain relief, and they have stopped working? If the latter is the case, the best thing you could do would be to speak to your doctor, tell them that the current level of pain relief is not working, and discuss other options, be it an increase in patch strength, or a change of oral medication for break through pain. If this is agreed to, you must be aware that continuing to abuse your meds in this way will be even more dangerous, due to the increased dosages.

If, however, you are just after a recreational effect from the fentanyl, then please, switch to another, safer drug. Stick with the oxycodone and hydrocodone - at the doses you state, these are much less likely to kill you than the fentanyl is.

H
Old 24-02-2010, 17:14

Female

They are taking the percocet and locicet like that four or more times a day. Sorry I wasn't more specific about that in the original post. And it might be the same conclusion of tolerancy like you said.
However, they are taking these patches for pain control. They are VERY VERY (350+ lbs) person who has been taking things like the percocet, percodan, soma, and helcion since the late 70's.
I'm not making excuses, trust me, I'm just laying down the whole situation.
Personally I think the risk of OD is real with any drug abuse.
I do appreciate your comment and advice though, and I will talk to my relative about their habit.

Thank you again....
Old 24-02-2010, 17:29
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6 Points: 1,852, Level: 6
Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0% Activity: 2.0%

Well for a start fentanyl has very poor bioavailability orally, not sure what it is but it is likely that simply eating a whole 25ug/hr patch, despite being a huge dose, may have a weak effect. However if your friend chewed a whole patch for half an hour as would be done when taking fent sublingually the person would most likely overdose. SWIM found when he first started doing it that 100ug sublingually (non gel patches) was enough to feel it, however tolerance builds fast. SWIM prefers to smoke it however this is far easier to overdose especially with gel patches. The non gel patches are easy to dose as they can be cut into precise pieces where the dosage will be known. With the gel this is very hard to do. When smoked 50ug is enough to feel it and the high is very powerful when the dosage is increased. SWIM rates the high as stronger than that of herion, although it doesn't last as long.
Old 25-02-2010, 02:02

Female

Ok, found out that the mcg's on the patch are 100mcg per patch. They are both non-gel liquid, and the thin clear patch without gel or liquid. So this person will take the liquid and "drink" it basically. How does this differ from the gel patch?
Also, how would this person also do this with the thin patch with no gel or liquid?
Old 25-02-2010, 02:21
Banned

26 y/o Male
shiva_master is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Some patches are made with gel. Swim has seen ones that are for topical use only. Due to the recent increase in OD's in Swims area. These can be chewed but the gel patches are the best imo.

Swim does not have a problem with bioavailability with oral gel patches. This is a synthetic opiate that tolerance differs from person to person. No matter the method of ingestion.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:25

32 y/o Male from United States
lifeofsin should review received reputation comments.
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

dxm extract

lifeofsin added 5 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

with u the gell ones Are were its at! just got my scrip for the month n dont want to waster a single drop what do i do with them

Post Quality Evaluations:
this is incomprehensible

Last edited by lifeofsin; 05-07-2012 at 05:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 19-08-2012, 22:23

32 y/o Male from United States
ComfortablyNumb14 should review received reputation comments.

i have only seen the gel 100's, and cheeking them is alright but no longer as satisfying. And my hamsters script always runs out early......so once again. the next 15 days willbe hell

Share this on:

Tags
abuse fentanyl, butane, chance of overdose, drugs-forum, duragesic, fentanyl, fentanyl gel patch, fentanyl patch, fentanyl patches, gel patch, microgram, morphine, overdose, smoking fentanyl, tolerance

» New Threads
come up different in rock form vs....
Last post by elperuano
6 Replies, 126 Views
Ur-144 oral consumption
Last post by nextgeneye
5 Replies, 2,997 Views
Helping my son through withdrawal...
Last post by gmeziscool2354
8 Replies, 196 Views
Over dose or over did it?...
Last post by inbdid30