Old 20-02-2010, 03:40

26 y/o Male
Stigma162 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Mixing Amphetamine and Methylphenidate?

Amphetamine = Adderall
Methylphenidate = Ritalin

SWIM is wondering what exactly happens when both are taken. When SWIM takes Ritalin alone, he feels nothing. SWIM has never tried Adderall alone. SWIM has just always taken them together. SWIM doesn't experience cross-tolerance.

These drugs both have a different effect on the brain. Ritalin clogs the DAT - making it difficult for neurons to clear dopamine from the synapse, and I'm sure everyone on here knows what Adderall does - one if it's effects is making the DAT act in reverse - expelling dopamine from neurons and not allowing it back in, among other things.

When these are taken in combination, does it increase the effect, keep it the same, not modify it at all, what?

On a side note - if SWIM took 150 mg Zantac before a dose of Ritalin/Amphetam, just how would it change the high?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very good first post. Succinct.
Old 20-02-2010, 03:54
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.
Re: Mixing Amphetamine and Methylphenidate?

Swim frequently mixes the 2 but as a word of warning, this can really get your heart rate up, so if you dont work out/have heart problems, never mix stimulants cuz you will feel really shitty and may be putting yourself at risk for serious health complications.

As to the high, depending on the doses its usually a stongly beafed up amphet head high with the body buzz of ritalen but with a duration somewhat like a combination of the 2 tho closer to that of the ritalin. In low doses (5 mgs mph and no more than 10 mg amp) its great for studying, but ajymore and its too much.

Good warning
Old 21-02-2010, 03:36
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

24 y/o Male from United States
purplehaze147 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1 Points: 146, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

A low dose ritalin potinates adderall a lot for swim. Zantac, if swim's memory is correct, should also potinate adderall/ritalin. How much adderall and ritalin did swiy take? And how much ratalin does swiy usually take alone?
Old 21-02-2010, 19:48
Titanium Member

Female from United States
KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.KNiFe is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2 Points: 260, Level: 2
Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7% Activity: 1.7%

I believe that since I am speaking of something that is entirely legit, considering I have prescriptions for the drugs Focalin and Adderall, I am going to refer to myself in first person. Just because I can

I was on Focalin for a few months, 10mg IR 3x a day and just recently it has this effect where it knocks me out as soon as it kicks in. No energy, motivation, don't want to do anything. For the 8+ months I took it, however, it was a wonder drug for me.

I talked to my psychiatrist about this and he put me on 10mg of Adderall IR, 3x a day. This for me does not knock me out, but does not improve my concentration issues like Focalin did. I took 15mg and the increase helped marginally.

Then, I came up with the fabulous idea of taking 10mg of Adderall and 5mg of Focalin together. I took the Adderall 30 min prior, then took the Focalin so that the Adderall might prevent me from knocking out. The result was a fantastic session for a test I had to cram for due to my week of being put to sleep on Focalin. Concentration was fantastic. Energy level was great.

I don't know whether to ask that he up my Adderall, or allow me to take both medications like I do. Either way, that's a LOT of meds for me to be filling at the pharmacy..

Taking antacids before Adderall has not made a large difference in the effectiveness of this medication for me.

unfortunately you still must use swim good sir
Old 22-02-2010, 17:34
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.gmeziscool2354 probably knows what they are talking about.

fyi, if you are taking your prescription drugs as recomended by your doctor, you don't have to anti-self incrimination. if i recall, medicines, alcohol and tobacco are the only drugs that this rule applies to.
but using meds as recomended here is gray area, as your DR. probably doens't want you taking both at the same time. sometimes both are prescribed, but only in rare circumstances.

so, yeah, just my 2 cents on rule interpretation

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall combinations, adderall ir, aderall, amphetamine, amphetamines, combinations, cross tolerance, drug, drugs, drugs forum, drugs-forum, focalin, focalin xr, methamphetamine, methylphenidate, mxe, ritalin, thc, tolerance