Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Alcohol
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Alcohol Alcohol, including absinthe, hard liquor, beer, wine, and other assorted spirits.

Old 19-02-2010, 01:29
Gold Member

Male from USA - Pennsylvania
bcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPACbcubed must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,765, Level: 7 Points: 2,765, Level: 7 Points: 2,765, Level: 7
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%
Nebulized alcohol (aka AWOL) trip report

Lizard had read (on this site and elsewhere) about the concept of nebulized administraion of alcohol. This was otherwise known as AWOL--Alcohol WithOut Liquid--by a company that marketed a machine for this purpose; basically an oxygen concentrator with nebulizer attached.

Now, the downside was the cost--way more than Lizard cared to pay, esp. as there were concerns the machine simply couldn't deliver enough alcohol per unit of time to have any effect. Well, as luck would have it, he already had a source of oxygen, so all he needed to buy was a nebulizer (by far the cheapest part of the setup).

For those who don't already know, a nebulizer (piuctured below) is a means of administering a liquid medication (or here, "medication") as an inhaled mist. It functions identically to a carburetor: flowing air produces an area of low pressure via the Venturi effect. This partial vaccum sucks up liquid, which is atomized and inhaled.

Part I: Trip Report

The nebulizer was attached to a source of oxygen (5L), and the bowl filled with 6ml of 75% by volume alcohol (151 rum). The oxygen produced a mist coming out either end of the nebulizer.

There was a definite "rush" associated with use: starting at about T+5 seconds, through about T+20, Lizard's chest, face and ears became warm, there was a very pleasant sense of mild pressure, and building euphoria.

These effects, while rapid, were of a reasonably mild intensity. It wasn't a "inhalant"-type high, but rather quite similar to receiving an IV of a benzodiazipine.

The inhalation was continued for 40 minutes, during which time 15ml total alcohol was consumed. Lizard felt pleasantly (albeit mildly) buzzed the whole time, although the effects did not seem to increase much as time passed.

After finishing, Lizard felt markedly relaxed, and slightly buzzed. (Again, it felt more like one of the more euphoric benzos than a regular "drunk" effect.) The effects seemed to dissipate over the next 30 minutes or so.

Part II: The Verdict

Well, it works! A "rush" that Lizard feels confident in saying wasn't placebo effect was noted, even though very small amounts of alcohol were consumed in the 20 seconds it took to notice an effect.

What I believe is happening here is a locally-high level of ethanol is introduced to the bloodstream. Thus, even if there's a low average concentration of alcohol in the body, the brain is being subjected to a higher level from the alcohol-rich blood being pumped to it.

The downside, however, is the system is only supplying enough alcohol to produce a mild effect. Thus, if a more intense effect is desired, one needs to maximize the quantity of alcohol in the inhaled vapor.

Finally, the PITA factor of huffing on a nebulizer for an extended period of time suggests this to be an interesting way of experiencing a "rush" from alcohol, rather than a means to get and stay drunk.

To that end:

Part III: Tips to Use
  1. Have a low tolerance! Lizard suspects being a regular drinker probably lessened the effect.
  2. Keep the bowl as full as possible. Just like gas in a carburetor, the liquid has to overcome gravity to get to the Venturi jet. Keeping the fluid level as high as possible (i.e. refill well before empty) will "richen" the mixture of alcohol being inhaled.
  3. 151 proof or higher, please. Inhaling 80 proof/40%ABV most likely wouldn't have delivered enough alcohol quickly enough for an effect to be noticed.
Finally, this seems even more promising in delivering "more powerful" drugs (on an equivolume basis) that are water-soluble.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very interesting idea! SWIM never knew.....
Fascinating well thought out explanation.
Now I've got something to do with all those old medical devices sitting around my house! Great write up!
Good relative comparison with IV benzodiazepines and inhalants
Great info on a differenet ROA! Now SWIM can maybe use his old asthma nebulizer.
I would never have thought! Thanks for the report.
Old 15-07-2010, 19:43

21 y/o Male from United States
normrockefella should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Re: Nebulized alcohol (aka AWOL) trip report

sounds coool how much wouls awim have 2 pay 4 it

Post Quality Evaluations:
Price discussion is a no no

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, alcohol inhalation, asthma, cocain, drugs, drunk, ethanol, liquor, nebulizer, vodka, wine

» New Threads
Going into a parallel/imaginary.....
Last post by Cesareo
4 Replies, 41 Views
My Story with Loperamide Addiction
Last post by Feli
29 Replies, 23,031 Views
What's your Sixth Sense?
Last post by Hipsta
13 Replies, 586 Views
Drug Addicts Only! Loperamide...
Last post by Feli