Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Ethnobotanicals Psychedelic plants, Iboga, Calea, Blue lotus, Ephedra, Sinicuichi, Betel nut, etc.

Old 02-04-2004, 03:59
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

charixma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
I heard you can get high off of parsley... This has struck my curiousity. So, does anyone have *any* idea how you get high off of parsley?

Any type of suggestions appreciated.

Also, I've been experimenting w/ huffing... how *exactly* do you huff a whip ceam can to get a good and decent high???
Old 02-04-2004, 04:03

charixma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1 Points: 12, Level: 1
Anybody? I'm on a time schedule here....

Post Quality Evaluations:
You wait four mins and start bitching? No neg rep but remember forums take time, this isn't instant messaging.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:39

Tweak is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2 Points: 185, Level: 2
To get high of parsely you need to consume the essential

oil which contains a decent amount of myristicin.

Eating raw parsely will not do much i imagine...except give you a stomach ache.

By huffing do you mean, circular breathing into a balloon filled with Nitrous oxide?

If so, then stop becauseyou will make yourself brain dead!!
Old 02-04-2004, 20:14
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7
I've never heard of "getting high off of parsley".

I grow several different types of parsely and if it's true, I would expect that you have to use a particular TYPE of parsley; eg -Italian parsely.
Old 03-04-2004, 13:54
Gold Member

RARFE is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2 Points: 324, Level: 2

will parsley extract do the same as oil? and how much is needed?
Old 04-04-2004, 00:56
Banned

Male from United States
BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.
Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Like woodman said, Cilantro, Is about the strongest, I think you're waisting your thyme with parsley.

Tweak's right leave that crap alone!
Old 10-09-2004, 17:22
Iridium Member

Male from Belgium
FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.FrankenChrist really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5 Points: 1,182, Level: 5
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Dried parsley is sometimes laced with PCP and sold.
Old 10-08-2011, 18:47

26 y/o Male from United States
demorad is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Re: How much Parsley to get high?

Sorry I don't know anything about parsley, but tweak has got it all wrong about nitrous. Nitrous oxide is one of the least dangerous ways to get high out there. It is not the traditional huffing as nitrous is not technically an inhalant. Regular inhalants cut off oxygen to the brain, a very dangerous medical condition called hypoxia. Nitrous, on the other had is a very short-acting dissociative along the lines of DXM, ketamine, and PCP. The nitrous is so short-acting that it is expelled from the body before any damage can occur. To properly use nitrous from a whipped cream canister, (that is, if you're too cheap or lazy to use a balloon) simply place the can perfectly upright on a flat surface and dispense upright into your mouth and inhale. If you mess up, the worst that can happen is a mouth full of whipped cream. Best tasting side-effect in the world!
Old 10-08-2011, 19:25
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from France
Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.Meow Tse Dung probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4 Points: 857, Level: 4
Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4% Activity: 4.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by demorad View Post
Sorry I don't know anything about parsley, but tweak has got it all wrong about nitrous. Nitrous oxide is one of the least dangerous ways to get high out there. It is not the traditional huffing as nitrous is not technically an inhalant. Regular inhalants cut off oxygen to the brain, a very dangerous medical condition called hypoxia. Nitrous, on the other had is a very short-acting dissociative along the lines of DXM, ketamine, and PCP. The nitrous is so short-acting that it is expelled from the body before any damage can occur. To properly use nitrous from a whipped cream canister, (that is, if you're too cheap or lazy to use a balloon) simply place the can perfectly upright on a flat surface and dispense upright into your mouth and inhale. If you mess up, the worst that can happen is a mouth full of whipped cream. Best tasting side-effect in the world!
I was going to comment about how it is unwise to bump old threads, but upon reading the thread I was grateful that you did.
After a bit of research I found that Even though the precious parsley oil is scarce with in the plant (highest concentrations found in the fruit ±2%), the oil contains rather high concentrations of myristicin. My Cat is very lucky because "French" Parley Oil can contain from 50% to 60% myristicin. By my standard that's quite potent.
My Cat is also very lucky because his father's garden is plentiful of many herbs, including parsley. Further research will be done on what's available for my Cat, and if it seems promising, my Cat might just try to extract some oil.

Meow =^.^=
Old 12-08-2011, 09:14
GHB

43 y/o Male from Earth
MrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond reputeMrG is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 9,137, Level: 13 Points: 9,137, Level: 13 Points: 9,137, Level: 13
Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5% Activity: 4.5%

Just to clarify the off-topic comments in this thread relating to Nitrous. Tweak's warning was about 'circular' breathing, whereby the user keeps on inhaling and exhaling into the balloon, which is, by all accounts, not exactly a healthy practice.

No need for further discussion about Nitrous then.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:43

Male from United States
PatrickEngle needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Why? ugh newbie lol go get some scrips filled man or buy some street drugs, parsley is not gonna give you anything but a burnt throat! Do some research as to what things will get you high. Fresh nutmeg works and is really relaxing, causes hallucinations and delirium. But the nutmeg lasts like 24+ hours lol so be prepared for a trip man. And dont just take a random amount of nutmeg, check first on erowid and other sites for proper dosage. My first time I chewed about 2 fresh nuts.

Unnecessarily rude, do not advise users to take either prescription or street drugs. Off-topic, if you want to talk about nutmeg, go to a different thread.
-3 Rude, and unfounded. There is more proof here that you can get high on parsley then you have against it. Also, on this forum we don't encourage the use of drugs. And you add nothing to the discussion.
Very rude, dangerous advice
Old 12-10-2011, 04:12
Titanium Member

Male from Earth
Shanty is on the way upShanty is on the way upShanty is on the way upShanty is on the way up
Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3 Points: 552, Level: 3
Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6% Activity: 3.6%

Parsley is actually quite psychoactive. Although smoking herbage is just likely to give you a headache and a bad cough. The herbage does contain small amounts of nicotine amide, but not enough to get your papers out for.

Parsleys essential oil contains myristicin, p-apiol (= parsley camphor), monoterpenes, and sespuiterpenes. The oil is found in all parts of the plant but is strongest in the ripe seeds/fruits.

There are many different types/races of parsley, only parsley from the myristicin race can be used to get high, for effects similar to that of myristica fragrans (nutmeg). It is said that wild parsley is more psychoactive than garden grown parsley.

As far as dosage goes. No idea. Becareful using essential oils. Some oils bad for the skin and mouth, and can be toxic even in small amounts. I have no idea what parsley oil is like, so do some more research around the forum. I think there is somemore info on that.

Also the oil of the apiol race is said to have Strong abortive effects, and can also induce coma.
Old 12-10-2011, 04:21
Silver Member

Male from Earth
Down In Albion is a decent psychonaut.Down In Albion is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA View Post
Like woodman said, Cilantro, Is about the strongest, I think you're waisting your thyme with parsley.

Tweak's right leave that crap alone!

Awesome joke ) *high chive*

My friend Basil whom I Clove dearly once told me that they might only be herbs but if you use them to get high, they'll stop you cumin into heaven for being a cinna...mon!
Old 18-12-2012, 02:22

Female from USA - Virginia
p_reesey is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

All parsley contains myristicin, the types with the highest amounts are those that are curly leafed. The myristicin comes from the roots and seeds. The essential oils have the highest amount of myristicin but all oils/extracts have apiol which is very dangerous in high amounts so if you get get an oil or extract i would look it up and see how much it contains and you might have to filter out the apiol to have a good none dangerous trip.
Old 18-12-2012, 04:22
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from Canada
Nosferatus is a decent psychonaut.Nosferatus is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 301, Level: 2 Points: 301, Level: 2 Points: 301, Level: 2
Activity: 41.8% Activity: 41.8% Activity: 41.8%

I'm sort of wondering if the op is a 13 year old boy, that's the only way I can fathom someone asking for advice on this sort of thing. While it may contain some small amount of something psychoactive, I'm honestly not sure, attempting to use parsley for psychoactive purposes just seems extremely ill advised, a waste of time at best, potentially dangerous at worst.
Old 18-12-2012, 05:13
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5 Points: 1,052, Level: 5
Activity: 16.6% Activity: 16.6% Activity: 16.6%

Parsley does contain myristicin, but at much lower concentrations than nutmeg. Smoking the herb will only cause mild psychoactive effects if it causes any psychoactive effects. And you can't just eat a whole bunch of parsley and expect to trip like it was nutmeg. Parsley lacks the enzyme altering compounds present in nutmeg that cause it too have its psychoactive effects.

The essential oil of some varieties of parsley are probably the best source of myristicin that there is, but it is very difficult for most people to achieve any psychedelic effects from the essential oil. A complex mixture of enzyme altering herbs and supplements must be taken before the oil in order to get psychedelic effects. But this generally takes a lot of trial and error and many people can never get it to work. Some people report that using the oil topically is much more effective than orally.

To simplify this whole thing, smoking parsley won't get you high and parsley in any other form is not worth the effort for most people.
Old 19-12-2012, 19:23
Titanium Member

Female from United States
Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.Karmageddon is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2 Points: 255, Level: 2
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Also, it's important to remember that parsley tea is a known folk method of terminating a pregnancy, granted very early on. So if you think you are or may possibly pregnant and actually want to have the baby, stay far away from excessive doses of parsley. Probably not very likely that this applies in this situation, but important to get all the info out there just in case.

Interesting tidbit and safety note.

Share this on:

Tags
aipol, essential amphetamines