Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Cocaine & Crack
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Cocaine & Crack Cocaine & Crack Cocaine

Old 18-09-2005, 13:03
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male
towlieishigh needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Does Cocaine effect one's hearing?

Sorry I'm posting so many things . I'm just really high on coke and I'm
curious. Can snorting affect your hearing? Because everytime I do it,
my ears are a little softer for a couple of days.
Edited by: towlieishigh

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incremantion saying you do coke is not a good idea is it?

Last edited by Benga; 14-09-2007 at 08:17.
Old 18-09-2005, 17:00

risexagainst should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3
I doubt it.
Old 20-09-2005, 06:02
Silver Member

Male
b16a is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1
Definetly. One of the main side effects from coke is auditory hallucinations. Upon comedown, and especially the day after, you may notice a slight ringing in your ears accompanied with an overall sensitivity.
Old 20-09-2005, 19:08

risexagainst should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3 Points: 445, Level: 3
Sorry, my bad.
Old 24-09-2005, 03:46
R.I.P.

Male
raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.raven3davis must live here.
Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6 Points: 1,822, Level: 6
SWIM has experienced this too a ringing in the ears, especially right after he does the line. This effect is even more pronounced when you inject it.
Old 24-09-2005, 04:04

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Alot of psychoactives cause ringing in the ear. Your sensitivity to sound can also be improved by stimulents.
Old 27-09-2005, 05:17
Banned

Freakin_KAT is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time
Alot of psychoactives cause ringing in the ear. Your sensitivity to sound can also be improved by stimulents.
Not forever tho
Old 27-09-2005, 09:45

imanaggie is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm.... i usually dont get the ringing or slight loss of
sensitivity in my hearing, but my ears sure do pop a helluvalott. i
have real bad allergies, all year round, so i guess that could play a
factor in it. i do have the auditory hallucinations, though. i keep
thinking that i hear my roommate or girlfriend bitchin at me.

Old 02-10-2005, 00:25

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakin_KAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands of time
Not forever tho
Yea, I shoulda added that.
Old 08-08-2006, 15:26
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from USA - Texas
BiteMyNailsChewMyTongue is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1 Points: 97, Level: 1
SWIM noticed that after an extended period of coke use, conversations would continue but at a whisper rather than normal level of speech. It would also be difficult for him to talk loudly when the situation called for it. Anyone else notice this?
Old 08-08-2006, 22:41
Gold Member

48 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3
ringing in the ear is known as Tinnitus, which is currently incurable, SWIM thinks that because snorting coke erodes the mucus membranes of the nose it could also have a detrimental effect on the ear aswell. SWIM currently has tinnitus though it does subside, he is not sure if its because of his history of drug abuse, though it is a possibility
Old 05-10-2006, 13:27

34 y/o Male from United States
suninmy_MOUTH is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2 Points: 179, Level: 2
cocaine tinnitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceOvArts
ringing in the ear is known as Tinnitus, which is currently incurable, SWIM thinks that because snorting coke erodes the mucus membranes of the nose it could also have a detrimental effect on the ear aswell. SWIM currently has tinnitus though it does subside, he is not sure if its because of his history of drug abuse, though it is a possibility
SWIM used to slam a few rounds of too much coke when heroin was not available in his small college town. The ringing was so intense, SWIM thought his head was entering another dimension!! SWIM recalls listening to much and it sounded so warped it was almost frightening. Doing this in the college dorm room was bad too.. since people come in and out all the time, but immediately after taking a shot, must've seemed so crazy to them.

Strange though that injecting the stuff has effect on your ears... SWIM can see how the nose is connected, but not sure the route from the vein to the nose. Heh. But shooting in the present day seems like a bad idea, SWIM is too old for that junkie-style nonsense. SWIM has figured out how to get a nice head ring though if one likes that. Last night of the night. Let yourself come down as long as you can hold out, save an amount about 2x the size you normally were doing, and sniff it all up quick!! Really seems to do the trick, very intense. Probably not that good for you though. But for someone avoiding the temptation of the needle, not a bad substitute.

How bad is SWIY's tinnitus? (that's a great radiohead song by the way!) SWIM doesn't think he could manage the type of tinnitus induced by the blow for more than it usually lasts (5-10min). SWIM cant hear what people are really saying in that state. SWIM feels bad for SWIY though... medical reaserch should really work finding a cure.
Old 19-08-2011, 18:53

Male from United Kingdom
MARTY999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Re: Does Cocaine effect one's hearing?

YES ... definately !
Short term effects of use are well known to sound engineers and producers from shared anecdotal evidence, and is avoided by the wise.
Expect shifts ( increase ) in perceived overall energy (volume) and relative changes in perception of level at different frequencies - notably upper mid-range , typically increased sensitivity centred around 7Khz.
Observations fall far short of scientific double blind standards but benefit from shared observations with use and non use over the years and are made in the controlled circumstances of music studio control rooms where objective measurement can be made.
Experienced engineers will make note of E.Q. and other settings if a band or producers start to use cocaine during a session ... so they know where they were before the 'tweaking' began. Sober reflection the next day will invariably require resetting the "shape" of the sound to its original state !
Long term, along with smoking there seems to be some gunge-ing effect on the Eustacian tube that usually normalises pressure between the middle ear ( the chamber with bones in - between the ear drum and the cochlea ) and atmospheric pressure - requires swallowing or nose pinching/blowing to compensate .
Effects thought to be part change in blood pressure on the cochlea and part perception inside the brain.

Post Quality Evaluations:
High quality informative truth, everyone else is just guessing, this guy knows his shit.
Old 21-08-2011, 05:58
Silver Member

31 y/o Male from United States
CK_two is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Re: Does Cocaine effect one's hearing?

I'm voting for a touch of the psychosis, hearing things and hearing existing things louder are different things. For some people the psychosis leads to paranoia, though with cocaine the psychosis is (usually) temporary.

Share this on:

Tags
auditory hallucinations, cocaine