Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 05-02-2010, 07:44
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male
swimee is an unknown quantity at this point
Concerta 54mg vs Adderall 30mg

So swim managed to grab some Concerta 54mg. Having never tried it before, but having had previous experiences with Adderall (30mg), swim was wondering how would the 2 compare to study but also for recreational usage? If swim got rid of the time release mechanism of the concerta, would the rush be too intense (oral route)? Any previous experiences will be much appreciated by my friend
Old 05-02-2010, 08:00
Banned

26 y/o Male
shiva_master is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Re: Concerta 54mg vs Adderall 30mg

Concerta take a while to kick in and have a lower recreational vale bUt works well with combination with addies.

If possible, crush them Up somehow and parachute it.

Dosage would have to be higher because concerta is not technically an amphetamine and much weaker.

Swim believes 2:1 ratio sounds about right depending on the swiy and tolerance body weight etc.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:47

25 y/o Male
swimee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva_master View Post
Concerta take a while to kick in and have a lower recreational vale bUt works well with combination with addies.

If possible, crush them Up somehow and parachute it.

Dosage would have to be higher because concerta is not technically an amphetamine and much weaker.

Swim believes 2:1 ratio sounds about right depending on the swiy and tolerance body weight etc.
The mgs aren't equivalent though (swim thought that 30mg of addy doesn't necessarily match 30 mg of concerta..).. Swim told me that concerta's didn't go above 54mg, which means it's the highest dosage available no?
Old 22-02-2010, 23:51

28 y/o Male
DudeMan needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimee View Post
The mgs aren't equivalent though (swim thought that 30mg of addy doesn't necessarily match 30 mg of concerta..).. Swim told me that concerta's didn't go above 54mg, which means it's the highest dosage available no?
My mind is telling me that you there is a larger dose available for concerta. I believe that they go up to 72mg but this is just my mind telling me this. SWIM thinks that the time release on the brand of methylphenidate called concerta can be sped up dramatically or bypassed all together. To simply speed up the release of the medication take razor and chop off the tip of the pill (THE SIDE THAT HAS A SMALL DOT / HOLE this dot is a small hole where the medication is slowly released) or you can simply create a slit down the side of the pill (To be more precise slice only the half of the pill that has the dot at the tip and for even faster release make multiple slits AND chop the rounded tip off. To bypass the time release all together you need a razor (makes it easy). The white outer coating comes off first. To do this slice through the coating length wise but try not to slice the pill casing. Then slice around both tips of the pill. Place the razor back into the horizontal slice and try to work it under the edge of the coating. This takes some practice but you will get the hang of it. Once you get the coating off you will notice the casing is clear and inside 1/2 half brown, 2/6 light yellow, and 1/3 white. Cut the pill in half where the brown meets yellow then cut where the yellow meets white. Peal the casing from around the yellow and try to pick off any white or brown that may still be stuck to it.

I think the yellow chunk is plain methylphenidate and the white tip is dextromethylphenidate but I could be wrong. Swim told me that he gets a different effect from the white chunk and the yellow. Swim also told me that he finds the white chunk to be impossible to grind into powder and that you are better off ingesting it as is and the yellow chunk is much drier and is easily powdered. Discard the brown chunk because it has no medicinal value. It's purpose is to expand and press the medicine out of the pill casing slowly.

DudeMan added 59 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMan View Post
"and 1/3 white"
I meant 1/6 white. Swim just pointed that out to me.

Last edited by DudeMan; 22-02-2010 at 23:51. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-02-2010, 00:35

30 y/o Male
gonegrowin is a decent psychonaut.

Concerta is great, my friend told me it feels like good cocaine. You cannot sniff it, it will turn into paste in your nose. I have been told you can deactivate the time release by simply cutting if it half longways. There are 3 layers, the orange and white are the methylphenidate. The green just expands and pushes it out of the pill. 54mg oral should be enough (assuming the time release is defeated). That amount gets my friend, who is about 190lb and very lean, quite torqued. He would take it over adderall anyday.
Old 23-02-2010, 17:50
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada
Sweet_Ben is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

You could check this Can Methylphenidate Cause Premature Ejaculation? I'v posted some information there.

Concerta actually is methlphenidate. It's not different of Ritalin or anything else. Only difference lies in the fact concerta is long action released. (about in 12 hrs po)

Actually, 72mg is the maximum a m.d will precribe. Generally, 54mg is the maximum for common use.

True, methyphenidate is like cocaine because it's molecular is about the same. Cocaine is only stronger because it's 1) faster effect 2) sticker to the dopaminergic recpetor than methylphenidate

So is adderall the best? Don't know adderall, but if its methylphenidate without long action release effect will be the same as ritalin
(4 hrs effect for ritalin, so 1x concerta 54 mg= 3x18 mg ritalin)
Old 23-02-2010, 22:50

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Ben View Post
You could check this Can Methylphenidate Cause Premature Ejaculation? I'v posted some information there.

Concerta actually is methlphenidate. It's not different of Ritalin or anything else. Only difference lies in the fact concerta is long action released. (about in 12 hrs po)

Actually, 72mg is the maximum a m.d will precribe. Generally, 54mg is the maximum for common use.

True, methyphenidate is like cocaine because it's molecular is about the same. Cocaine is only stronger because it's 1) faster effect 2) sticker to the dopaminergic recpetor than methylphenidate

So is adderall the best? Don't know adderall, but if its methylphenidate without long action release effect will be the same as ritalin
Your wrong.
Old 23-02-2010, 23:07
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

loll perhaps... but you quote all my post... what you think is wrong?
Old 23-02-2010, 23:20

30 y/o Male
gonegrowin is a decent psychonaut.

Premature ejaculation? My dog cant even get a boner on this shit, his body is in that fight or flight sweaty ass mode. Just like cocaine
Old 23-02-2010, 23:27
Banned

50 y/o Female
RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeMan View Post
Your wrong.
Care to explain a little? No one has any clue which particular point SWIY is arguing with, or what his reasons are nor his counter point. How about some detail there?

As to the OP, SWIM finds Concerta does OK at helping her focus but she never gets much of a buzz from it, even when she's tried to follow instructions and take the coating off and got frustrated so she just beat the pill all to hell and back with a hammer. SWIM really likes Adderall however, and finds that she gets a nice buzz from both the IR and the XR, if she takes enough of the XR that is, plus the XR buzz lasts and lasts for her. She has to redose every few hours with the IR.
Old 23-02-2010, 23:45
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonegrowin View Post
Premature ejaculation? My dog cant even get a boner on this shit, his body is in that fight or flight sweaty ass mode. Just like cocaine
This was not my thread nor my question, I only post info there I does'nt want to repeat here so I publish this internal link. No, you are right, methylphenidate does'nt ''cause'' ejaculation. It's only stimulitating the same nervous system that ejaculation is relevant: sympatic system. Go see for yourself, as I will gonna quickly be ''off-topic''.

This time I will give reference as I don't want to be treat of liar.

Anatomie et physiologie humaine, Elaine.N.Marieb, Chap 14, Psysiologie du SNA (Physiology of the autonom nervous system), p.558-566

'', fig.14.4;14.5 treat the effects of the nervous system on different organ
Old 26-02-2010, 00:35

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonegrowin View Post
Then you must not have ADHD!

I never heard of people not being able to get a boner on cocaine... I thought it was supposed to be easier?

DudeMan added 1 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroHousewife View Post
Care to explain a little? No one has any clue which particular point SWIY is arguing with, or what his reasons are nor his counter point. How about some detail there?

As to the OP, SWIM finds Concerta does OK at helping her focus but she never gets much of a buzz from it, even when she's tried to follow instructions and take the coating off and got frustrated so she just beat the pill all to hell and back with a hammer. SWIM really likes Adderall however, and finds that she gets a nice buzz from both the IR and the XR, if she takes enough of the XR that is, plus the XR buzz lasts and lasts for her. She has to redose every few hours with the IR.
I was just playing around... I got in trouble and I are sorry.

DudeMan added 0 Minutes and 28 Seconds later...

Quote:

I was just playing around... I got in trouble and I are sorry.

Last edited by DudeMan; 26-02-2010 at 00:35. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-02-2010, 02:18
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,061, Level: 8 Points: 3,061, Level: 8 Points: 3,061, Level: 8
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Quote:
loll perhaps... but you quote all my post... what you think is wrong?
As annoyingly unspecific and grammatically incorrect as his post was, there are a couple things slightly wrong.

Quote:
I have never heard of this sort of unwritten rule that 54mg is a maximum secondary to the FDA's recommended maximum dose of 72mg. I cannot see a reason for this, nor has it been my own experience when I was prescribed to methylphenidate...

Quote:
Just a slight correction: cocaine does not bind to dopaminergic receptors, but to dopaminergic reuptake transporter proteins (actually, it binds to and blocks all monoamine reputake transporter proteins with different affinities, whereas methylphenidate has far less affinity for serotonergic transporter proteins that it is considered an NDRI).

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, but ultimately the most important thing is the plasma concentration. Concerta 54mg should produce equivalent efficacy to 15mg IR methylphenidate taken two or three times throughout the day, except the Concerta would not produce the same "comedown" effect experienced between doses of the IR metyhlphenidate. This is illustrated in Figure 1 of the prescribing information for Concerta (attached to this post):

Edit: Can someone please explain to me why cocaine and methylphenidate are considered so chemically similar? I don't have best understanding of biochemistry but what about these two molecules would make one say "ah, those will have similar effects!"?
Cocaine
Methylphenidate
Attached Images
File Type: jpg figure1.jpg (21.2 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg 332px-Kokain_-_Cocaine.jpg (13.7 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg 685px-Methylphenidate-2D-skeletal.jpg (10.6 KB, 285 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Prescribing_Info.pdf (269.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by staples; 26-02-2010 at 19:59.
Old 27-02-2010, 00:26

28 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by staples View Post
Edit: Can someone please explain to me why cocaine and methylphenidate are considered so chemically similar? I don't have best understanding of biochemistry but what about these two molecules would make one say "ah, those will have similar effects!"?
Maybe they bind to the same receptor? I don't really know... I do know that different molecules can bind to the same receptor yet the receptor does not react the same with both molecules. Take THC and JWH-073 for example. They both bind to the same receptors but their effects are not entirely the same (although quite similar) and neither are the side effects / negative effects. Cocaine is much more potent which in my mind means that it fits the receptor better (even though that is probably wrong). Its like a puzzle piece that fits just right while methylphenidate fits but it doesn't look right.

Old 27-02-2010, 00:46
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline

Again, these compounds do not bind to the actual synaptic receptors, they bind to the reuptake transporter proteins; I understand that both molecules bind to DAT proteins, but I get the impression that some people find the similar stimulating effects of these two drugs obvious based on their chemical structure, I'm just wondering what about the molecular structures infers such similarity.

But to get back on topic, it's hard to really give any random person a correct answer. In theory, Adderall should be more stimulating because not only does amphetamine block the reuptake like methylphenidate, but it also activates post-synaptic receptors. In general, I think 30mg Adderall (IR?) would typically feel a little stronger than 54mg Concerta, but everyone is different. Recreationally, most people prefer amphetamines over methylphenidate, but there certainly are people who prefer methylphenidate...
Old 27-02-2010, 01:08
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
As annoyingly unspecific and grammatically incorrect as his post was, there are a couple things slightly wrong.
Sorry, I'm french I maybe make grammatical error...

Quote:
I have never heard of this sort of unwritten rule that 54mg is a maximum secondary to the FDA's recommended maximum dose of 72mg. I cannot see a reason for this, nor has it been my own experience when I was prescribed to methylphenidate...
It's writed in Guide des médicaments, wich I use for posting here. I also be confirmed this by a M.d. It's simple, if the guy has never been prescribe MPH when he was young, 54 is likely to be the max. 72 is for people that ''pursue'' a therapeutical treatment from their younger age. But you are right; 72 is the true maximum. A M.d will never get above that...
Quote:
Just a slight correction: cocaine does not bind to dopaminergic receptors, but to dopaminergic reuptake transporter proteins (actually, it binds to and blocks all monoamine reputake transporter proteins with different affinities, whereas methylphenidate has far less affinity for serotonergic transporter proteins that it is considered an NDRI).
Well, thank you, I have nothing to say there. I'v just started my biochemistry course and I lack proper knowledge yet for this kind of matter...

Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you're saying here, but ultimately the most important thing is the plasma concentration. Concerta 54mg should produce equivalent efficacy to 15mg IR methylphenidate taken two or three times throughout the day, except the Concerta would not produce the same "comedown" effect experienced between doses of the IR metyhlphenidate. This is illustrated in Figure 1 of the prescribing information for Concerta (attached to this post):
What I mean:
Concerta= 12hrs effect (mainly because its enterosolub tablet)
Ritalin= 4hrs effect

Quote:

Well, with your post I assume that you have pretty good understanding of biochemistry. But you have posted your picture in 2-D...

Here in 3-D:
Methylphenidate:

Cocaine:

You can see, 2 different molecule, but a quick look can say it's similar

Also a simple wiki-search:

MPH possesses structural similarities to amphetamine, and though it is less potent, its pharmacological effects are even more closely related to those of cocaine.
Old 27-02-2010, 01:46
Gold Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Sorry, I'm french I maybe make grammatical error...
I was talking about DudeMan's "your wrong" post, I know from previous posts that English isn't your first language and even if it were, I would overlook grammatical errors because your posts are much more useful than a simple "your wrong" response...

Quote:
It's writed in Guide des médicaments, wich I use for posting here. I also be confirmed this by a M.d. It's simple, if the guy has never been prescribe MPH when he was young, 54 is likely to be the max. 72 is for people that ''pursue'' a therapeutical treatment from their younger age. But you are right; 72 is the true maximum. A M.d will never get above that...
Do you know if this applies to the United States or European countries? M.D.s are bound to have varying opinions...

Quote:
What I mean:
Concerta= 12hrs effect (mainly because its enterosolub tablet)
Ritalin= 4hrs effect
Concerta's sustained-release system is osmotic, other delayed-release systems use enterosoluble coatings, but such coatings on an OROS tablet would only ensure that the outer shell remains in tact for long enough so that the osmotic release isn't defeated too early in digestion...

Quote:
Well, with your post I assume that you have pretty good understanding of biochemistry. But you have posted your picture in 2-D...

You can see, 2 different molecule, but a quick look can say it's similar

Also a simple wiki-search:

MPH possesses structural similarities to amphetamine, and though it is less potent, its pharmacological effects are even more closely related to those of cocaine.
The 3D renderings don't really tell me anything that the 2D drawings don't... I guess my question is: what about these molecules gives away their affinity for DAT proteins? I'm not saying that I don't believe these drugs produce similar effects, so I don't understand how the wiki info answers my question...
Old 27-02-2010, 12:27
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
Do you know if this applies to the United States or European countries? M.D.s are bound to have varying opinions...
Good point... I'm from Quebec, it's surely not the same procedure than in U.S or Europe...

Quote:
The 3D renderings don't really tell me anything that the 2D drawings don't... I guess my question is: what about these molecules gives away their affinity for DAT proteins? I'm not saying that I don't believe these drugs produce similar effects, so I don't understand how the wiki info answers my question...
Well, I have no idea... I must get my hand on our Compendium or Merk (?) at the faculty since I does'nt have one myself... with all homeworks maybe in 1-2 weeks I could check this. I could post on another thread since I have go enough off-topic here... sorry

To get back at the question; I don't know Alderall... but here in Quebec we have Ritalin, SWIM had a prescription for Ritalin 10 mg bid and later concerta 36. But SWIM remember also when he get prescribe ritalin, that it does a greater effect than concerta. (Does Alderall would do the same??) Like staples said, all person being unique, maybe SWIY get a better effect with concerta... or not.
Old 27-02-2010, 16:03
Banned

50 y/o Female

Quote:
Good point... I'm from Quebec, it's surely not the same procedure than in U.S or Europe...

Well, I have no idea... I must get my hand on our Compendium or Merk (?) at the faculty since I does'nt have one myself... with all homeworks maybe in 1-2 weeks I could check this. I could post on another thread since I have go enough off-topic here... sorry

To get back at the question; I don't know Alderall... but here in Quebec we have Ritalin, SWIM had a prescription for Ritalin 10 mg bid and later concerta 36. But SWIM remember also when he get prescribe ritalin, that it does a greater effect than concerta. (Does Alderall would do the same??) Like staples said, all person being unique, maybe SWIY get a better effect with concerta... or not.
Adderall and Ritalin are two different meds. Adderall is mixed amphetamine salts, while ritalin is methylphenidate and not an amphetamine at all, just similar.
Old 28-02-2010, 16:41
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
amphetamine salts
That sounds cool. Does these are prescribe in Quebec for ADD/H too?

Sweet_Ben added 11 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

Quote:
I have my answers. It's yes.

I check in my book and Adderall 30mg is the max (here) dose that are prescribe for ADD. Concerta it's 72 (like I said for someone who already take this younger). So logically Adderrall 30's effect stronger than Concerta 54. (I does'nt have check this, just my opinion)
Also, an interesting info: Alderall's metabolism depend on urinary PH. If the PH is low (acid) it take less time to metabolize Alderall than if it's high (alcalin). So there are drug-food interaction who can increase/decrease PH.
Ex: Sodium bicarbonate, Acetazolamide, Fruit juice all increase PH, so increase adderrall effect.

Last edited by Sweet_Ben; 28-02-2010 at 16:41. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 28-02-2010, 18:08
Banned

50 y/o Female

Quote:

Sweet_Ben added 11 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

I have my answers. It's yes.

I check in my book and Adderall 30mg is the max (here) dose that are prescribe for ADD. Concerta it's 72 (like I said for someone who already take this younger). So logically Adderrall 30's effect stronger than Concerta 54. (I does'nt have check this, just my opinion)
Also, an interesting info: Alderall's metabolism depend on urinary PH. If the PH is low (acid) it take less time to metabolize Alderall than if it's high (alcalin). So there are drug-food interaction who can increase/decrease PH.
Ex: Sodium bicarbonate, Acetazolamide, Fruit juice all increase PH, so increase adderrall effect.

Adderall IS amphetamine salts, and SWIM believes 30mg is the highest they prescribe. Of course they may not know what SWIY does with the rest of the prescription.
Old 28-02-2010, 19:23
Gold Member

Male from United States

Quote:
Adderall IS amphetamine salts, and SWIM believes 30mg is the highest they prescribe.
I don't think he was questioning whether Adderall was mixed amphetamine salts...

The FDA maximum recommended dose of Adderall is 40 mg for children, the FDA has not established a maximum recommended dose for adults. I've attached ADDERALL® (CII), downloaded from the FDA's website.

The FDA maximum recommended dose of Adderall XR is 30 mg for children; for adults, the FDA only recommends a starting dose of 20 mg. However, it is also noted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDICATION GUIDE ADDERALL XR CII
Patients Currently Using ADDERALL® - Based on bioequivalence data, patients taking divided doses of immediate-release ADDERALL®, for example twice a day, may be switched to ADDERALL XR® at the same total daily dose taken once daily. Titrate at weekly intervals to appropriate efficacy and tolerability as indicated.
So if a child had been prescribed to the maximum recommended daily dose of 40mg immediate-release Adderall, the doctor should prescribe 40mg Adderall XR (two 20mg capsules taken at the same time, since Adderall XR is not supplied in 40mg capsules). If this dose proves effective and tolerable, then the child may remain on the 40mg dose despite the maximum recommended dose of 30mg for the Adderall XR formulation in children. I've also attached the ADDERALL XR® (CII) Medication Guide, also found on the FDA's website.

For Adults with ADHD, I've personally known people who've been prescribed to 40mg Adderall XR + 40mg Adderall IR daily, for a total effective dose of 80mg per day. My impression is that most doctors would initially try to honor 30mg/day as a maximum for Adderall XR in adults, but will more easily consider up to 60mg/day. I have heard of Adults using 120mg/day. In such cases, treatment probably reached 60mg Adderall XR per day and then the patient complained that the effects wore off too quickly, so the doctor would prescribe an additional 60mg instant-release to be taken in the afternoon. Such cases are common enough that Shire pharmaceuticals developed SPD465, a tripple-release version of Adderall XR for an intended 16-hour duration of effectiveness. I believe Shire abandoned this formulation in favor it's lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) formulation; I suspect the SPD465 formulation is further complicated by the more recent Teva/Barr/Shire business. This is Shire's press release for their submission of the NDA for SPD465, and from what I can tell, the FDA approved the NDA, so now I suppose Teva probably has the rights and could start marketing this medication...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 011522s040lbl.pdf (69.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf 021303s015lbl.pdf (182.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: pdf 4548060.pdf (38.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 28-02-2010, 20:50
Silver Member

23 y/o Male from Canada

Quote:
The FDA maximum recommended dose of Adderall is 40 mg for children, the FDA has not established a maximum recommended dose for adults. I've attached ADDERALL® (CII), downloaded from the FDA's website.

The FDA maximum recommended dose of Adderall XR is 30 mg for children; for adults, the FDA only recommends a starting dose of 20 mg.
What's the difference between Adderall and Adderall XR?

Is it possible that we have only XR here (Canada)? Also, I guess drug are manage differently here because in my guide it said that Adderall XR 30 mg is the maximum daily dose. (Adult start at 10 mg/id and upgrade by 5-10mg/week up to 30mg/id)...

You have said that it's not methylphenidate, but does this work with the same dopamine reuptake tranporter, or it's a different receptor?

lolll too much question
Old 11-04-2012, 16:02

32 y/o Male from United States
SeekingHelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

30mg of Adderall dosage is probably more powerful. I started at 5mg and have moved it up from there.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, concerta