Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing Questions
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing Questions Ask a question about drug testing

Old 04-02-2010, 22:14

24 y/o Male
b4rd should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Answered: how does Vicodin (hydrocodone) show up on a drug test?

my friend asked me to pass on the following:

I am currently getting drug tested, so I cannot enjoy pretty much all of my favorite chems (MJ, opiates, and I'm getting alcohol tested)

I have some confusion as to whether or not Vicodin shows up on drug tests.

According to erowid.org, "Many opiate tests test only for morphine (which both codeine and heroin break down into). This is true for both home/business kits and laboratory testing. Hydrocodone does not break down into morphine, and is therefore not detected by these tests."

My questions is, does any body have any experience with using hydrocodone, being tested by the "standard 5 drug test" that is purchased at your local C.V.S. Pharmacy or Rite Aide or just any ol' Drug Store, and still passing your urinalysis?

Or does anyone think that it is high risk to use vicodin and take a urine test? (remember, these are the cheap "do at home" piss tests, and will not be sent into a lab unless I am tested positive.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please use a more descriptive thread title in future posts

Last edited by Ilsa; 05-02-2010 at 03:50. Reason: self incrimination
Best Answer - Posted by Jasim
There are two classes of opiate analytes that are tested for in drug screens. Opiates include morphine, codeine, and heroin (by way of 6-MAM). Opioids include hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone.

Opiates are always tested for in a drug screen. They are part of the NIDA-5 (or SAMHSA-5). Opioids are commonly included in an expanded panel test.

For most occupational tests, the NIDA-5 are only tested for. Meaning the opiate class only, not opioids. For criminal drug testing (not probation) an expanded panel is nearly always used which includes the class of opioids.

Other situations can vary quite dramatically. In short it depends on if the test is a standard 5-panel test (which will not detect opioids) or if the test is an expanded panel test (which will).
Old 05-02-2010, 01:46
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United States
ninjaned is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2 Points: 225, Level: 2
Re: Vicodin

First of all, avoid self incrimination, second, use descriptive thread titles. Also try to avoid brand names and use chemical names.

And as an answer, it seems that it probably will from the info found, but I'm not positive.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:07
Silver Member

Male from France
Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.Herbal Healer 019 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5 Points: 1,177, Level: 5
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Im assuming that SWIY is on probation, correct me if I'm wrong.

Most drug standard drug tests do not test for hydrocodone's metabolites, but SWIY should always prepare for the worst when it comes to drug testing especially if the repercussions could cause legal action against SWIY or expensive drug classes.

Also if they're testing for alcohol which most drug tests don't, I'm inclined to think it is a high end drug test that could test for hydrocodone (which is commonly abused and POs know this). Hydrocodone stays in the urine up to 4 days, so play it safe and consider the consequences. It may be worth it to take a break from drug use and enjoy sobriety until SWIY is no longer at risk of get a probation violation.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:09

24 y/o Male
b4rd should review received reputation comments.
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

my friend said:
yea they are making me take "antibuse" for alcohol which is a drug that makes you verrrry ill if you drink, or if your skin even comes into contact with alcohol. But its my parents, not for a probation, just cercumstances =(

Post Quality Evaluations:
self incrimination, again, and please stay on topic

Last edited by Ilsa; 05-02-2010 at 03:51. Reason: self incrimination
Old 28-04-2010, 17:37

29 y/o Male
Stereobot is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1
Re: how does Vicodin (hydrocodone) show up on a drug test?

If the drug test is for probation or a drug court, then YES, Vicodin WILL show up on the drug test. Even a small amount will show up.

Some people will say that it will not because vicodin breaks down into hydromorphone, not morphine or codeine. While that is correct that it breaks down into hydromorphone, they still will test for it.

As for most jobs, SWIM was legally prescribed vicodin for something and took a drug test for a job. SWIM mentioned that to the lab tech who was giving the test but she said that for jobs they are looking for a very high level of opiates, a level that would be too high for someone taking a prescribed opioid.

From EXPERIENCE SWIM knows that probationary/ Drug Court tests will find vicodin.
Old 28-04-2010, 21:26
Gold Member

31 y/o Male from United States
Jasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline MedlineJasim must mainline Medline
Provided Answers: 1
Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10 Points: 4,651, Level: 10

There are two classes of opiate analytes that are tested for in drug screens. Opiates include morphine, codeine, and heroin (by way of 6-MAM). Opioids include hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone and oxymorphone.

Opiates are always tested for in a drug screen. They are part of the NIDA-5 (or SAMHSA-5). Opioids are commonly included in an expanded panel test.

For most occupational tests, the NIDA-5 are only tested for. Meaning the opiate class only, not opioids. For criminal drug testing (not probation) an expanded panel is nearly always used which includes the class of opioids.

Other situations can vary quite dramatically. In short it depends on if the test is a standard 5-panel test (which will not detect opioids) or if the test is an expanded panel test (which will).
Old 29-04-2010, 05:20

Male from United States
cowsgomoo should review received reputation comments.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1

also check this erowid link out...it may help
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/.../testing.shtml

swim would stay on the safe side and wait till after the 5 standered drug test has been completed. enjoy afterwords

*swim knows this is an obvious answer yet could only try to help out with a web link*
Old 29-05-2014, 18:17
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
stryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way upstryder09 is on the way up
Provided Answers: 9
Points: 410, Level: 3 Points: 410, Level: 3 Points: 410, Level: 3
Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2% Activity: 5.2%

Vicodin contains hydrocodone. In a standard urine test, hydrocodone use will be detectable by the presence of the parent drug, hydrocodone, as well as possibly, the metabolites hydromorphone and/or norhydrocodone. The scope of analysis is very lab-specific.

Share this on:

Tags
hydrocodone drug test, opioid