Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Antipsychotics
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 13-09-2005, 22:08
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

miller77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1 Points: 117, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Risperidal (Risperidone) Recreational?

has any one here ever heard of using risperidal for recriational perpoises????

I am taking it now and it makes me feel really calm and relaxed any help about recrational uses would be appritiated.
Old 20-03-2006, 19:33
Silver Member

Male from United States
antizero is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
I wouldn't use Risperidal for anything, ever. I was on it for a short while due to psychosis (I was hospitalized for a week) and then had a prescription for it, but I didn't take it after reading the side effects. I also always had a weird heart thing while I was in the hospital, I'd feel flushed and I could feel my heart hammering away when I wasn't even moving around at all, especially just before I fell asleep.

I wouldn't advise using it recreationally.

Why (if you care to share) do you have a prescription for it in the first place? If its for anxiety, I suggest you talking to your writer and getting something else.

Post Quality Evaluations:
good report of possible caediac effects
Old 21-03-2006, 09:34
Psychedelic Shepherdess

37 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond reputeJatelka is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15 Points: 10,860, Level: 15
Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8% Activity: 6.8%
Risperdal (Risperidone) is an anti-psychotic licensed for the treatment of schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder.

Like the majority of anti-psychotics the mechanism of action is not really known. It is a benzisoxazole derivative and it has been proposed that it's therapeutic action is mediated through a combination of dopamine Type 2 (D2) and serotonin type 2 (5HT2) receptor antagonism. However it also has affinity for many other receptors which accounts for it's (many) adverse effects:

Extrapyramidal symptoms, Dizziness, Hyperkinesia, Somnolence, Nausea, sexual dysfunction, Weight gain, Anti-colinergic SE's (dry eyes, blurred vision, constipation, urinary retention), Agitation, Aggression, Increased salivation.

As with all the antipsychotics this is a nasty drug with no recreational potential whatsoever.

good info
accurate and informative reply
Old 21-03-2006, 18:11
Titanium Member

Male from United Kingdom
dr ACE really adds to the discussion.dr ACE really adds to the discussion.dr ACE really adds to the discussion.dr ACE really adds to the discussion.dr ACE really adds to the discussion.dr ACE really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,311, Level: 5 Points: 1,311, Level: 5 Points: 1,311, Level: 5
Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6% Activity: 14.6%
why are these nasty drugs used to treat people with mental disorders and brain damage?,sounds very Draconian to me
Old 22-03-2006, 15:15
Silver Member

Male from United States
antizero is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2 Points: 232, Level: 2
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%
Because there aren't many other alternatives.
Old 23-03-2006, 02:32
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
Because a chemical straight-jacket is more socially acceptable thanks, in no small part, to the advertising strategies of the pharmacuetical corporations responsible for pedalling these chemical conundrums.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:27

Male
lurkerbot is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
My experience with Risperdal was not fun in the least. I was on it for a grand total of three days while attending rehab. It made me a spaced out zombie that could barely function in any aspect... all I really recall was hardly being able to do anything and constantly feeling like I was extremely tired and oblivious.
Old 24-09-2006, 08:14

26 y/o Male from United States
Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.Donmeka is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3
I just got it prescribed at the lowest dose of .25 once a day before sleep. at first i didnt sleep well but now a week+ into it i feel great and it does seem to be more helpful and havent had much side effects and none crippling. im happy with the results so far.
Old 24-09-2006, 08:16

took .5mg the other day and felt not much different but better for sure. only did it as an experiment im back on .25mg a day, no side effects at all that night or day after.
Old 24-09-2006, 17:21

Male from United States
jesusfreak666er is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4 Points: 659, Level: 4
wow first seroquel, now resperdidal wow, what ppl will try to get high....
let me end this now.... ANTI PSYCHOTICS are not recreational!....
Old 24-09-2006, 17:38

33 y/o Male
wellhelm is captain of the psychonauts.wellhelm is captain of the psychonauts.wellhelm is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 671, Level: 4 Points: 671, Level: 4 Points: 671, Level: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagognog2
Because a chemical straight-jacket is more socially acceptable thanks, in no small part, to the advertising strategies of the pharmacuetical corporations responsible for pedalling these chemical conundrums.
Thats it in a nut shell. Big buisness and the bribes doctors take to supply the masses with a corporations drugs and human lives and well being take the fall, rehabillitation takes a back seat to greed the rich get richer and were left to kick anti psychotics, mood inhibitors, and of course SSRI's like crack.

Of course this is just an opinion and i have nothing to back it up other than my own expierence's.

Keeping in line with the thread; the more of an anti psychotic you take the more tired you get. Thats about it. Use when anxiety is a problem or you want to go to bed. Oh yea, and if your psychotic.

Last edited by wellhelm; 24-09-2006 at 18:18.
Old 24-09-2006, 18:19

Male
stoneinfocus is on the way upstoneinfocus is on the way upstoneinfocus is on the way up
Points: 642, Level: 3 Points: 642, Level: 3 Points: 642, Level: 3
You need even laws to force the patient taking the meds for their "betterment" of their "sickness"... while little doses doesnīt do a thing, some "therapeutical" dosings are hell.

Strangly on a gay-forum a individual occured describing himself as a gay teenage punk-rebel, with a high IQ, being into trouble all the time and losing control in certain manners.

telling later, that risperdal helped him ... yes, sure, and sexuality and well being is such a fun on it and maybe his gayness will go away, too, mister catholic teacher in disguise (maybe even payed by the pharm-mafia? -no, thatīd be paranoid, theīre enough fanatic, selfrefering idiots conducting their psychology helping to overcome the unhealthy sexual and rebellic behaviuor in others, by menaing the best for them and society, and that all for free)

Same time a thread on "a friend", snorting heroin by a new member occured with the same shitty opinions.(btw, why donīt they use h for psychosis? swim would be intersted how this would work out in comparisons to the other stuff ... maybe itīs work too good? *gg+ just kiddinī)
Old 28-09-2006, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusfreak666er
wow first seroquel, now resperdidal wow, what ppl will try to get high....
let me end this now.... ANTI PSYCHOTICS are not recreational!....
seriously ive seen kids pass out of sero. nasty stuff
Old 28-09-2006, 23:01
Banned

Male
Nagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPACNagognog2 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8 Points: 3,186, Level: 8
A friend of mine had some bad adventures in West Africa while in the Peace Corp (USA government agency designed to lend physical aid and assistance to developing nations). A coup took place while he was in-country, and he witnessed some very traumatic events. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder would be a good diagnosis - but the doctors here said he was bipolar. In that he was placed on SSI due to his trauma, now the government owns him - and his housing situation. And the doctor assigned to him - he has no choice - has him on a plethora of ever changing medications:

Remeron, Risperidal, Trazadone, Wellbutrin, Lithium, Seroquel, Dipacote,...and the list goes on. That's just the latest of many mixtures of psychiatric drugs.

Guess what? This shit made him sick and unable to function even slightly. He could not sleep properly. He would have night-terrors and partially wake up - and go sleep walking. He nearly fell down a flight of stairs on one occasion. So he told this so-called doctor that he would not take this shit any longer. So the doctor called the police, reported him as suicidal, and had him taken away in handcuffs to a mental hospital. There they made certain he took what Dr. Pharmacopia ordered. His problems were made far worse. Sleep became a work-out video: Sitting bolt-upright and punching at illusions. Tearing up blankets. Flailing arms and legs. Falling on the floor unconscious - but not asleep or in R.E.M state.

Another complaint to his doctor yielded more police and handcuffs. Simple as this: Take what I say to take - or you will be committed for further experimentation.

This is how a veteran of the US government service is being treated - like a lab-rat on untested mixtures following a diagnosis that has no bearing with reality.

I have taken him off this regimen of poisons. And before Dr. Mengele figures out his lab-rat has rebelled ( I have coached my friend how to dodge questions), I will arrive on the scene. Along with my entourage of nasty attornies. There will be hell to pay.

Wish me luck.
Old 29-09-2006, 08:56
Titanium Member

30 y/o Male from United States
thundercles is on the way upthundercles is on the way upthundercles is on the way up
Points: 440, Level: 3 Points: 440, Level: 3 Points: 440, Level: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller77
has any one here ever heard of using risperidal for recriational perpoises????

I am taking it now and it makes me feel really calm and relaxed any help about recrational uses would be appritiated.
Risperidal is an antipsycotic, pretty much no antipsycotics have any recreational value, in fact they are dangerous for people without mental disorders to take. I've let "normal" people take my antipsycotics before, risperidal being one of them, and they have always had really bad trips from them. Antipsycotics also normally give even psycotic people very bad side effects. Risperidal made me almost completly unable to wake up and do basic everyday tasks, and made me constipated for 2 full weeks until I gave myself a suppository and promptly stopped taking the drug. I got switched to Abilify which works great for me now. Moral of the story is if a doctor didn't give you a script for the pill and it's not for ADD, Pain, or Anxiety, you probably shouldn't take it.

good repoort on own experience with sound advice
Old 19-10-2006, 23:25
Banned

29 y/o Male from Turkmenistan
izzy31 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2 Points: 215, Level: 2
Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1% Activity: 4.1%
Re: Risperidal

Hell no, those types of drugs can make some people go pyschotic and wont feel pleasurable like other drugs.
Old 20-10-2006, 07:35
Titanium Member

49 y/o Male from USA - Rhode Island
Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.Nicaine must live here.
Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9 Points: 4,305, Level: 9

There's definitely no recreational potential in antipsychotics. Once or twice SWIM has taken low doses as brief "calm down" or "help you sleep" agents and uggh, no fun. They basically work by decreasing neurotransmitters, where so-called drugs of abuse (i.e. drugs of entertainment) work by increasing or retaining them.

Last edited by Nicaine; 20-10-2006 at 19:20.
Old 08-11-2006, 15:41

27 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dnb warrior is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1 Points: 113, Level: 1

is risperidone anything like an SSRI in blocking the effects of MDMA or any other drugs?
Old 08-11-2006, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riconoen {UGC} View Post
swim is baffled why there is even a forum for them.
well its mostly for information for ppl who are currently taking or may need to take them in the future. when i was prescribed risperdal this is where i came as well as google for information.

they may not be recreational but they are drugs and this is drugs forum
Old 02-05-2007, 20:50

Male from Belgium
Xcrement1 should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

once someone was stupid enough to take 25mg's of risperdal.
This resulted in black-out, but still moving, with his eyes closed, no balance, fell with his head on a plate,..
all this happened without swim knowing a thing about it, it was told swim.
swim blacked out for almost 20houres
This was a REALLY stupid action!
swim will never do it again and definatly doesn't reccomend it to anyone!
Old 24-01-2010, 12:26

Male
mcquinnsta is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Re: Risperidal (Risperidone) Recreational?

i used to be on risperidone in conjunction with sertraline and i dont see why you would take risperdal (or sertraline for that matter) for rec use. one its too dangerous and two its not really a high and it doesnt really come on like other rec drugs.... takes a while to get the benefits from it...

and for the people that say its not a good drug.. i just wanted to say that it definatley helped me. since that drug i havnt had any full blown psychotic attacks... little flashback sorta things but nothing major
Old 24-01-2010, 13:16
Palladium Member

Female from United States
pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.pinksox really knows their shit.
Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5 Points: 1,472, Level: 5
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

Psych meds in general do not make good recreational drugs. And many have very bad, sometimes permanent, life-altering side effects(see tardive dyskinesia for one).

SWIM equates playing with risperidal much as she would playing with Litium, Seroquel, or Haldol for "fun" aka "something NOT to do."
Old 15-02-2010, 06:07
Silver Member

Female from United States
SamanthaRabbit probably knows what they are talking about.SamanthaRabbit probably knows what they are talking about.SamanthaRabbit probably knows what they are talking about.SamanthaRabbit probably knows what they are talking about.SamanthaRabbit probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4 Points: 993, Level: 4
Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6% Activity: 6.6%

I was in treatment in middle school for depression and a bunch of people who were on my unit suffered the side effect of lactation from Risperdal.

If lactation is recreational then heck yeah, it can be recreational, but probably not for any fun purposes... Unless you like to change clothes a bunch of times a day.
Old 15-02-2010, 18:08
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Erytheia is captain of the psychonauts.Erytheia is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaRabbit View Post
I was in treatment in middle school for depression and a bunch of people who were on my unit suffered the side effect of lactation from Risperdal.

If lactation is recreational then heck yeah, it can be recreational, but probably not for any fun purposes... Unless you like to change clothes a bunch of times a day.
Lawdy, this thread has been necro'd a few times. SWIM has no idea if the same applies to antipsychotics (she's never heard of lactation on an antipsychotic before..) but antidepressants that can promote lactation as a side effect can also promote lactation in males! It's rare, but really now....

As SWI-Pinksox mentioned, psychiatric drugs are not recreationally worthwhile. In SWIM's (personal, indefensible) opinion, many are only debatably defensible in a therapeutic context.
Old 15-02-2010, 18:45
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from England
psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.psychedelaholic must live here.
Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6 Points: 1,865, Level: 6
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM is pretty sure there is no such thing as a recreational anti-psychotic. SWIM was once given some clozapine which is an anti-psy and despite being told not to take it he did anyways. He snorted it, fell alseep then woke up the next day feeling like he had been given a chemical labotomy. Felt real slow and shit all day. Definitely not an experience to be repeated.

Share this on:

Tags
atomoxetine, clozapine, drug, insufflating, recreational use, risperdal, risperidal, risperidone, snorting, snorting drugs, wet

Sitelinks: Information: