Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 19:20
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United Kingdom
poppies_for_life is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Gee's Linctus

While in a town where the pharmacists don't know him, SWIM's first thought was to go and get some DXM cough syrup. However, he then decided to try and see if they would sell him Gee's Linctus, a tincture of opium sold as a cough remedy which is kept under the counter in the UK. SWIM heard about the cough linctus from speaking to another user at an addiction drop-in, anyway The woman at the pharmacy counter sells SWIM the cough linctus and it only costs XXXX. It is a 500ml bottle of 0.082% opium dissolved in squill [vinegar] linctus so its pretty awful to drink (worse than beylin dry coughs in SWIM's opinion). SWIM downed the bottle and felt an interesting high stronger than poppy tea but with less euphoria. When he got home he smoked some weed and it made for a really pleasant buzz together. SWIM wonderes if any SWIY's have experience of this under-the-counter opium cough-remedy and what their thoughts were

Post Quality Evaluations:
no price discussion please!

Last edited by Helene; 05-02-2010 at 13:25. Reason: price discussion
Old 01-02-2010, 20:12
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.bubbly nubs must live here.
Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6 Points: 1,717, Level: 6
Re: Gee's Linctus

So does this bottle contain 41mg of opium? Is it worth buying for the price? 41mg of opium really isnt much.
Old 01-02-2010, 21:10
Banned

44 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Dickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond reputeDickon is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12 Points: 7,375, Level: 12

The bottle is 200ml not 500ml and contains 32mg morphine. It is borderline emetic at the dose of one bottle, and I'd think gagging two down without vomiting would be unlikely, unless you had a very strong constitution. I'm not quite sure what the health risks of Squill are, but my cat has managed to down a bottle of this stuff in the past on a number of occasions.
Old 03-02-2010, 12:22

Male from United Kingdom
poppies_for_life is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickon View Post
The bottle is 200ml not 500ml and contains 32mg morphine. It is borderline emetic at the dose of one bottle, and I'd think gagging two down without vomiting would be unlikely, unless you had a very strong constitution. I'm not quite sure what the health risks of Squill are, but my cat has managed to down a bottle of this stuff in the past on a number of occasions.
I'm sure this bottle was 500ml, ive seen 200ml ones for sale on the internet produced by Care+ but this was a Boots one and it was bigger
Old 03-02-2010, 13:38
Gold Member

Male from Ireland
podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.podge really knows their shit.
Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6 Points: 1,751, Level: 6

Howard Marks mentions Gee's Linctus in his stand up show, he seems to enjoy its properties anyway. Interesting thread as he never mentions what is the actual active ingredient. Link to show here if anyone is interested :

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/loc...5147&catid=122
Old 03-02-2010, 14:15
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
blink1989 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3 Points: 449, Level: 3
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy View Post
So does this bottle contain 41mg of opium? Is it worth buying for the price? 41mg of opium really isnt much.

What, for XXXX?! I think SWIM would happily pay that for some opium.

Has anyone here heard of Gee's Linctus pastilles? Apparently it has the same active ingredients ( unknown quantity thow) and it can also be bought for less that XXXX

price discussion applies to opium even if it's legally bought in a chemist - pls refrain from mentioning prices

Last edited by Helene; 05-02-2010 at 13:25. Reason: price discussion
Old 03-02-2010, 16:28

Male from United Kingdom
welshmick needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

Swim says:

My local chemist say they don't stock it anymore.

It was the dogs bollox for a tickly cough, thats all I used it for.

I think Howard Marks, glugging from a bottle during his stand up show has not helped the situation.

But then again,

I can only buy 32 co-codomol.

I can't but Kaline & Morphine for dodgy tummy.

The stablishment knows best

No self incrimination

Last edited by Helene; 08-02-2010 at 00:23. Reason: self incrimination
Old 08-02-2010, 00:06
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Erytheia is captain of the psychonauts.Erytheia is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2 Points: 202, Level: 2

SWIM used to drink down a bottle maybe 3 days in an average week before a day of smoking pot. She was just here to say that it's not, actually, just opium tincture in squill vinegar. It's opium tincture in a syrup (just sugar and water) with enough squill vinegar to flavour and (ISRC) four uk units of alcohol to thin the mixture.

This is the Boots brand version which SWIM hasn't been able to obtain for a very long time now. All other gee's linctus she's been able to source has slightly less opium and slightly more alcohol and has never produced recreational results from a single 200ml bottle.

While even the Boots branded recipe didn't have a huge amount of opium in a single bottle, SWIM found the amount of alcohol was just right to potentiate the effects. Also, the cost of a bottle was hugely cheaper than it was possible to obtain four units in alcoholic drinks and it tasted delicious. Sweet and liquorice-y.

Good informative post

Share this on:

Tags
canadian, cough syrup, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, howard marks, kaolin and morphine, linctus, morphine, opiate, opium, pharmacy, tincture, vicodin, wiki

» New Threads
My struggle with Loperamide
Last post by ophelia-b
8 Replies, 358 Views
The risk of untested pills
Last post by Ghetto_Chem
6 Replies, 105 Views
Bad news. FDA not allowing Kratom...
Last post by DepoV
20 Replies, 672 Views
Man charged in $80M drug heist...
Last post by Rob Cypher