Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 31-01-2010, 14:28

72 y/o Male from Mauritius
SwimsBFF is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Railing Vyvanse

Hey guys long time swimmer first time poster, good to finally have an account though... anyway this good friend of mine SWIM, he heard somewhere in the darkness of the internet that you can theoretically microwave vyvanse for a minute and then rail them (whereas you wouldnt be able to previously because of the lining). I keep telling him its just a bunch of bull but anyone that truly knows SWIM knows he is a dreamer, so is it possible? could SWIM microwave or do anything else to a vyvanse pill to make it nasally acceptable?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Then you should know swim was banned 2 years ago. So he can't post any more per the rules
Old 31-01-2010, 15:50
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
destinationowhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Re: Railing Vyvanse

Vyvanse is lisdexamphetamine. It is bound to lysine, meaning that it has to be digested in order for it to become active. SWIM doesn't know if microwaving it will detach the dexamphetamine from the lysine. SWIM has his doubts about this. If SWIM wants to abuse vyvanse, then SWIM would say to just take a shitload of it. 50 mg vyvanse is really just 25 mg of amphetamine (SWIM thinks this is approx. how the dosages go, it might be 30 mg amphetamine) So SWIM would say that around 80 to 110 mg vyvanse would be pretty fun without a tolerance. Be safe
Old 31-01-2010, 16:07
Drug Chemistry & Kratom

Male from Papua New Guinea
Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.Electrolingus really knows their shit.
Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8 Points: 3,088, Level: 8

The inability to insufflate lisdexamfetamine (Vivance) has nothing to do with a coating or lining on the medication. As far as SWIM knows, Vivance is manufactured in capsule form and not as a coated or time release tablet. The reason Vivance cannot be insufflated is because Vivance contains dextroamphetamine that is coupled with an amino acid (L-lysine). Lisdexamfetamine has to be ingested in order for the intestinal tract to convert it into active dextroamphetamine. This conversion can not take place without the aid of digestive enzymes and therefore won't work well if insufflated.

Posted when destinationowhere was posting.
Old 31-01-2010, 16:20

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrolingus View Post
The inability to insufflate lisdexamfetamine (Vivance) has nothing to do with a coating or lining on the medication. As far as SWIM knows, Vivance is manufactured in capsule form and not as a coated or time release tablet. The reason Vivance cannot be insufflated is because Vivance contains dextroamphetamine that is coupled with an amino acid (L-lysine). Lisdexamfetamine has to be ingested in order for the intestinal tract to convert it into active dextroamphetamine. This conversion can not take place without the aid of digestive enzymes and therefore won't work well if insufflated.

Posted when destinationowhere was posting.
SWIM got two 20 mg Capsules of Vyvanse 2 nights ago. First time SWIM had seen them but they were capsules with a coating and SWIM just dumped the balls in his mouth and chased it down with some beer.

Took about an hour and a half for them to kick in.

It's almost impossible to abuse them (except by just taking a shitload of them) because they need to be metabolized to dextroamphetamine before you feel the effects. I haven't heard of any way to convert the lisdexamphetamine to regular amphetamine aside from swallowing the pills.

So theoretically you wouldn't be able to rail them (or it would be pointless), because you wouldn't be getting any amphetamine into your system.

40 mg was enough for SWIM to stay up all night partying. Orally.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:26
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,287, Level: 20 Points: 19,287, Level: 20 Points: 19,287, Level: 20
Activity: 59.6% Activity: 59.6% Activity: 59.6%

Putting them up the nose holds no advantage over eating them, as the time it takes to be broken down in the liver is the same either way, except that the patient will have to suffer through all the crap in their sinuses and a lower dose as a result of the dust that gets blown out with the snot.

No point in blowing this stuff, none at all.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:36
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6 Points: 2,107, Level: 6
Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2% Activity: 2.2%

hahaha, oh god I love the kids that swear snorting this shit gets them motorin'. I could never pick out the specific science behind it, but thanks guys for giving such a quick reliable reference for these n00bs who think they know it all. No offense to anyone here of course, at least those who were not aware of this are smart enough to do some home work

Does not add at all to the discusion, just stating that some kids are uneducated
Old 02-02-2010, 09:53

72 y/o Male from Mauritius
SwimsBFF is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cra$h View Post
hahaha, oh god I love the kids that swear snorting this shit gets them motorin'. I could never pick out the specific science behind it
Yeah, I just saw a couple anecdotal reports and a question on Wikianswers that mentioned the microwave, but I had the obvious doubts. Thanks guys once again this forum has been a valuable resource.
Old 02-02-2010, 16:30

23 y/o Male
Schedule II should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1

Pharmaceutical companies say vyvanse in non-abusable but Swim finds that vyvanse is highly abusable and very recreational. 1:2 dexedrine to vyvanse equivalency i find. Really preferred to oral adderall imo.
Old 02-02-2010, 20:20

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schedule II View Post
Pharmaceutical companies say vyvanse in non-abusable but Swim finds that vyvanse is highly abusable and very recreational. 1:2 dexedrine to vyvanse equivalency i find. Really preferred to oral adderall imo.
SWIM had the same results - 40 mg oral was sufficient, long-lasting, and euphoric. Hard to compare the potency to dexedrine because they are really the exact same drug once Vyvanse has been metabolized.

If SWIM had taken 40 mg of dexedrine (instant-release) he would have been extremely stimulated and euphoric but it wouldn't have lasted so long (about 8 hours with the Vyvanse).
Old 02-02-2010, 22:28
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,287, Level: 20 Points: 19,287, Level: 20 Points: 19,287, Level: 20
Activity: 59.6% Activity: 59.6% Activity: 59.6%

With out a doubt the stuff is an entertaining snack, but it isn't "abusable" in the "Grind and snort" method, unlike other extended release formulations.
Old 05-02-2010, 15:48

Male from United States
sturdychinfilms needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

SWIM finds that you just gotta take a shitload of it an it works wonders. SWIM has never tried dexedrine but would assume it is the same high you just need more to get your there. The vyvanse high also seems alot more chilled out than the high swim gets from adderall. On vyvanse he doesn't feel the need to move around infact quit the opposite. He just can't fucking get to sleep!
Old 27-07-2013, 08:07

22 y/o Male from United States
Timboslice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

The most very vyvanse I've popped in a 24 hour period was 14 of the 70 mg's... I shit u not I felt like I was rollin ona bunch of exo'z... ohhhhhh boy, talk about the best feeling ever... I was also smoking meth while doing this so u can only imagine how I felt......like a damb boss that's how.

Be careful to pay attention to the dates of the posts on the threads you are posting in. This whole thread is 3 years old.
There is no need to bump a 3 year old thread just to brag about your drug use.
Old 31-07-2013, 16:31

44 y/o Male from United States
Philbal8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

Tried a 70 yesterday...... Definitly worked, maybe a little too well as I was still up at 4 am. going to cut that back to a 50 today and see how that goes. Can say that I had a blast, was highly productive and totally enjoyed the double headder in Pittsburgh. Go #1 Bucks
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58

20 y/o Male from United States
XTCBUD is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I have a friend who snorted 4 40mg vyvanse earlier today in school. He said at first he felt nothing then about an hour later he was talking about how he felt weird like a body high. He also mentioned he seemed to focus more in school too. I noticed too he was a lot more talkative and outgoing socially than usual. Talking with girls he's never met before and holding a good conversation. He didn't eat much though and he's been up ever since this morning no sleep. So I think it still works either way but its more effective to ingest it.
Old 06-11-2013, 19:36
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Minnesota
honeybadger is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

This thread has more misinformation in it than I can handle and worries me.

Vyvanse has never been manufactured in a form where the capsule is the method to deter abuse. You did not take Vyvanse. The method of deterring abuse in Vyvanse is at a molecular level of the drug. If you took a capsule with beads in it and it was an amphetamine, you most likely had Adderall XR or an authorized generic (and to debunk the whole "brand name Adderall XR is way better" funnybusiness, an authorized generic means the brand name manufacturer, in the case of Adderall XR, Shire still makes them all and at the end, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Impax Laboratories, and Watson Pharmaceuticals [formerly Actavis] who have contracts with Shire to slap their names on Shire's product, sell it at a cut rate but not nearly as cheap as an actual generic, and bring back a portion of profits to Shire and the respective companies who simply distribute pocket money as well).

Microwaving Vyvanse will do absolutely nothing. You can't cook the lysine molecule off. You'll more than likely end up just causing the lisdexamfetamine to deteriorate.

1:2 is not the correct equivalency of d-amp to Vyvanse. The conversion rate of lisdexamfetamine to dextroamphetamine base is 0.2948. 25 mg of Vyvanse (though a 25mg capsule isn't made) is molecularly equivalent to 10 mg of Dexedrine.

All smoking or insufflating (as well as IVing, dear god, so glad no one has wanted to here lol) is going to waste a fun time, probably hurt your sinuses or lungs. It's dumb, you can get a really enjoyable high from taking it orally and allowing your body to convert the lisdexamfetamine into something actually bioavailable and that doesn't just get registered almost as nothing but instead gets to converted into l-lysine (an amino acid) and d-amphetamine which is obviously bioavailable and your brain will jump on it. Only a biochemical process will do that. Pure and simple. There is no free d-amphetamine in LDX (lisdexamfetamine), it's not bioavailable until your body does a little magic and turns LDX, the snoozefest therapeutically inactive molecule that your brain finds boring into d-amphetamine that your brain can have fun with.

If your goal is to get a high and the substance in question is like Cinderella and if you have the wrong glass slipper (you smoked it, snorted it or god forbid, slammed it) well, that's depressing as hell, but if you have the right one which is like taking it by mouth like it should be taken, it's happily ever after, hell yes and you know that's all you need to do, what's up with being so hellbent against just taking the pill? I guess if you want to turn a good time into boogers you'll enjoy blowing into a tissue later, that's up to you. I just don't get it. And yeah, I know my relating it to Cinderella was baffling.

And some anecdotal experience as someone who has been on 10mg Dexedrine (IR) 6 times a day, 70mg Vyvanse daily, and 120mg Adderall (IR) total daily for ADHD. They all are unique in their own way in how you feel. It could be having ADHD that makes those subtle differences easy for me to spot, or it could be easy for anyone if you just pay attention. Adderall IR is what works best for me by far (unfortunately, I went on the Dexedrine and Vyvanse ventures because of not wanting to have such a high dose of amphetamines daily but no luck) because for me, unlike Dexedrine, Adderall is able to keep my mind under control and my fidgeting/physical symptoms of ADHD under control, too. Dexedrine was very very mental, I had beyond focus but hyperfocus. And it did nothing to help me keep my physical symptoms in check. I felt like Grover from Sesame Street, flailing all over lol. Vyvanse was interesting. It caused extreme and rapid mood swings and nasty angry outbursts mainly toward my husband, oops. I was a hot mess, I didn't realize it was the Vyvanse for about a month but I started to dread taking it and wasn't sure why and then it clicked. Back to Adderall. My husband takes Vyvanse and it works really well for him. It just depends on a person's biochemical makeup. So just heads up that there actually are some little nuances with each one, at least from my experience.

Sorry if I came off cranky at first. All the stuff that floats around about Vyvanse in particular irks me and it worries me that someone is going to get hurt soon from just not taking the damn pill, lol.

I'm also fully aware of the age of the thread but I can see it's looked at frequently so if it's being referenced, it should at least have some accurate info.

Last edited by honeybadger; 06-11-2013 at 19:38. Reason: Clarification.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, drug, drugs-forum, extended release, how to cook, insufflate, insufflating, insufflation, lisdexamfetamine, lisdexamphetamine information, love, opana, plugging, snorting, snorting drugs, spice, time release, vyvanse