Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Various drugs not covered by other forums > Tobacco
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 28-01-2010, 22:39
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Dip Guide (Chewin Tobacco)

SWIm found this

by imDelay

"Dipping, like many things, gets easier with experience. Everything That I teach you here will become more instinctual the more you dip.

I would first like to say dipping is not for people who can't take pain, are lightweights to tobacco, or have weak stomachs. Dipping tobacco has a strong taste, a strong buzz, and a strong burn.

First lets start with what tobacco to start out with. For those of you who have never dipped before, it's best to start with some brands like grizzly, skoal or husky, the taste from those isn't as strong as in other dip. For more experienced dippers I suggest brands like Redman, Copenhagen, and Timberwolf.

Start Small:
A beginners pinch should be the size of about a quarter. You can put this on either side of the bottom lip near the canine teeth in your mouth.
When you build a tolerance to it, you may need to start packing bigger pinches, like the horse shoe pinch which goes around the entire front of the bottom jaw. Also if you're a beginner you may want to start with a pouch they keep all the tobacco together on their own. If this is your first time, or you just started dipping avoid swallowing at all costs. This will most likely make you sick. If you start to sweat or feel dizzy don't hesitate to take the dip out, these are tell tale signs that say you're about to throw up.

Cuts:
There are three main cuts of dip. Long cut, medium cut, and small cut. The small cut is the more traditional snuff, but is harder to use.
Long cuts are best for beginners because their long strands make them easy to pack, and there's less pieces of tobacco to escape your lip. Personally I find the smaller the cut the less you need to use. So if you aren't new to dip don't be afraid of fine cut.

Pack Your Tobacco:
Packing your tobacco helps you get a good pinch, it compresses the tobacco into a smaller area so you don't have to go back more than once or twice for a good pinch depending on your tolerance.
There are a few ways to pack dip in a can.
The easiest way is to hold it by the top and bottom and to smack it against your other hand a few times as hard as you can.
Another way is to put your thumb and middle finger around the side of the can and keep a loose index finger on the top of the can, and to shake that away from your body. This should make a smacking noise as you get better at it.
The final way, that I know of, is to put your thumb on the top of the can, and middle finger on the bottom indentation, and a loose index finger on the side and to pack that toward your body. This should also make a smacking noise after some practice.

Keeping The Dip In Your Lip:
A lot of people don't know how to keep the dip from coming out from in between their lip and gum. This is where not being a wussy like I said in the first place comes into play. The first strategy is to pack it down with your tongue. At first this may burn, but that's what dip does, get used to it or start smoking. Don't pack it down too tightly that you can't swish your spit through the wad of tobacco though. Another key thing to do is to press your lip tightly against your gum while you dip. These can help keep the dip in place and out of the back of your mouth into your throat.

How To Properly Dip:
Build up your spit. Keep the spit in your mouth for a while, occasionally swishing through the wad of tobacco. When you spit out your spit don't let it all out at once, make a bunch of small spit curls every so often.
Keep the dip in your mouth until it loses its' flavor and burn. When I personally take dip out I press my lip against my gum so hard it presses all the liquid out and I slide the glob of leaf on outta my mouth. If you can't do this you can just as easily push it out with your tongue. After getting the dip out, it's best to rinse your mouth out with water to get all the leaf and dip spit out of there. Don't worry if you swallow a little bit of dip or the juice, it will happen in small amounts every time.

How To Keep Your Throat Hydrated:
The biggest problem that new dippers get is that they get a dry throat which can cause gagging. There are two ways to get around this. You can either just spit out your dip when you get thirsty so that you can drink, or you can drink while dipping. Drinking while dipping is more of an acquired skill. It will take some tolerance and skill to be able to do this without throwing up. First you want to spit all the dip juice out of your mouth, get it as dry as possible. As always spit will be building up in your mouth which will probably touch the dip and make you nauseous if you swallow it. The best thing to do is to cover the bottom of your mouth with your tongue, separating the path the liquid will travel down from the dip. You probably will swallow some dip and spit along with your drink but after a little while your stomach becomes more tolerant to it and this stops bothering it.

Spitters:
Obviously if you don't want to be disgusting you're going to spit in something instead of anywhere around you. I wanted to take the time to say it's best to spit in something clear, like a water bottle, rather than not clear like a soda can. The reason being you do not want to mistake your spitter for a drink. This is one of the reasons I stopped dipping myself.

Disclaimer:
Dipping is much more dangerous than most other methods of ingesting tobacco. Risk of getting cancer in the mouth are very high with this and problems with the stomach."

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very helpful for people who want to dip but are confused on how to jump in.

Last edited by 0utrider; 30-01-2010 at 13:48.
Old 28-01-2010, 23:26
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Re: Dip Guide (Chewin Tobacco)

great guide! swim buys dip about 3 times a year, he gets his nic fix from cigs usually. when swim first tried dip he was in 8th, he asked a stranger to bum a cigarette but the guy only had chew. he gave swim a pink and it too swim about ten seconds before he gagged and spit it out. he didn't even know that your not supposed swallow the spit yuk! he would even swallow chew at school so he would puke and they would send him home(not recommended)

dip is great if swim going to be in a place for a long time and can't smoke. when swim took a train for a few days he took several tins of chew with. it does take some skill and patience to get chewing down, but swim really enjoys it from time to time.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:10
Silver Member

23 y/o Male
Squishie is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1 Points: 35, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This is a really great guide. Swim wishes he was given this guide when he moved down south, rather he was just handed a can and was told, "Hey city boy, try this stuff" This is a pretty great guide that gets down to the point.

Also if the burn is pretty bad to swiy, switching to another flavor and brand can really help. Wintergreen blends, to swim at least, burn the most. Flavors like straight and natural tend to burn the least, if not at all. Blends like wintergreen and mint can burn the dickins out of your mouth, espically if you dip often and start to get raw gums. Grizzly wintergreen burns swims mouth everytime he dips it, however he still goes through about a can a day. The burn can really turn into a welcome sensation.

Swim also finds that if his throat is getting dry swallowing a bit of snot from the nose can help, as disgusting as that may sound. Sorta like when swiy goes to spit a lugie rather than spitting it just let it gently run down the back of your throat. Disgusting swim knows, help however, it is. Also another thing swim has down is try to build up "non-tainted" spit on the other side of his mouth and swallow that. This takes some practice and if not done right can lead to vomiting. If swiy just can't get the drinking thing down right, swim has always found straws a huge help.
Old 29-03-2011, 03:09
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from Earth
Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.Sumeru is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 431, Level: 3 Points: 431, Level: 3 Points: 431, Level: 3
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Dip and chew are entirely different ballparks, just so you know. One is like ground up shit that you put between your gums and lower lip if you'd like to vomit profusely for an hour or just get off to torturing yourself - and the other is sweet, loose tobacco leaf with all its ripe, beautiful, chewey goodness. Just my opinion. Whenever I've dipped I've done it out of sheer curiosity and I've hated every brand I've tried. It doesn't even taste like actual tobacco! Loose leaf, twist or plug chews, on the other hand, are just plain out fucking gorgeous to chew.

Post Quality Evaluations:
even tho i personally like dip, thank you for pointing out that dip and chewing tobacco are different things im sick of dip being called chew.
Old 18-06-2013, 21:42

19 y/o Male from United States
Twistedjunior is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

I tried skoal wintergreen longcutt today I didn't swallow any and I was fine for about 10 min I was enjoying my buzz and then started to feel sick.
How do I get over the sick feeling I get?
Old 23-06-2013, 05:06
Silver Member

19 y/o Male from United States
juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.juggalotweeker17 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4 Points: 854, Level: 4
Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3% Activity: 5.3%

Quote:
I tried skoal wintergreen longcutt today I didn't swallow any and I was fine for about 10 min I was enjoying my buzz and then started to feel sick.
How do I get over the sick feeling I get?
that wussy skoal. get you some grizzly long cut winter green, pack you a fatty and spit every time you have to. you are going to get sick a couple times. but if you want nicotine and still want to be athletic thats what you have to do.

what you should do really is get some chewing tobacco like levi garrette. it tastes better and is more expensive but is easier to quit and wont make you too sick in the beggining

Share this on:

Tags
beer, chewing tobacco, cigarette, copenhagen, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, dry mouth, ether, first time, lst, smokeless tobacco, snus, sweating, things to do, tobacco, tolerance