Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Ethnobotanicals > LSA seeds
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

LSA seeds LSA containing seeds like Morning Glory, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Rivea corymbosa

Old 28-01-2010, 21:47
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How to extract LSA from morning glory/HBWR seeds...

SWIM found the following and decided to post it here:
by Anonymous D
In this little HOW TO, I am going to show you how to extract the LSA from a batch of Morning Glory, or Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds. Here is what you will need.

A few jars
Coffee Grinder
Coffee Filters
Pure Naphtha or some Toluene. (I used Toluene)
3500 Morning Glory seeds OR 125-150 HBWR seeds
Some strong alcohol. I used Ever Clear. If you cant get that, Ive heard that Bacardi 151 will also work.
Time

Step one. Get the seeds

Step two: Grind the seeds.
You need to grind them almost into a powder. But not too much. If you grind them so much that they go through the coffee filter, then well, you are screwed.
I got this grinder from Wal-Mart for $15

Step Three: Soak the seeds
This is one of the parts you need to really pay attention to. There are some solvents you DO NOT want to use. Mainly because they leave a residue when they evaporate and you dont want that. I used Toluene and it evaporated very clean. You cant put too much of the Toluene (or what ever you use), just make sure there is enough to cover the seeds. I let this sit for about 24 hours, shaking it when I passed by it.

That layer between the liquid and the seeds is just really really fine ground up seeds. You DO NOT want to ground them all up like that, but some will. If you do them all that fine then most of the seeds will go right throught the coffee filter.

Step Four: Let the seeds dry.

Pour the seeds out throught a coffee filter and get as much of the solvent out as possible. I used two coffee filters and squeezed it to get most of it out.
Then spread the seeds out in thin layers on whatever you want. I used paper plates so I could just throw them away. Let it dry over night.
[h]There shoud be no smell of solvents left once the seeds are dry. If you smell solvent then they are not done drying, or you used the wrong stuff.[/h]

Step Five: Soak the seeds in the Alcohol.

After the seeds are completely dry and free of any solvent smell, pour them in a jar and then put some alcohol in. You are supposed to put 50 mL of alcohol in, but with 3500 seeds its impossible. I just poured it in till I had enough. We will get to how to get around this obstacle later.

Step Six: Wait

Step Seven: Strain the alcohol.

This is where you will learn from others mistakes. USE HBWR seeds. If you use Morning Glory you have to use 3500, and trying to get all the alcohol out of that is impossible. I probably lost more than I got.

Step Eight: Get the dirt out.
There will be alot of that fine powder in your liquid. Let it sit till it all settles then pour the liquid out, leaving the dirt. I did this a few times, rinsing inbetween pours to get all the dirt out. When I was done, I took the dirt I had left and made what I call a "trash hit" Basically putting the dirty stuff in its own container and saving that just incase.

In this picture you can see the dirt I had left. I used a small syringe and sucked it up around the dirt, then pouring the rest of the dirt out.

Step 9: Let the alcohol evaporate. (You can skip this step and go out and drink the alcohol if you want. But I had to use more than the 50 mL of alcohol, so I wouldnt have been able to tell what was one dose, so I just let it all evaporate.)
You will be left with this yellowish brown gunk. THIS is what you want.

Then if you want ( I wouldn't recommend it. Its hard as hell to do unless you have the right tools) you cna put the gunk in gel caps.

I should be able to do it this weekend and Ill let you guys know how it goes. Untill then, I am keeping it cool and in a dark place because LSA will last longer like that. I have it in my mini fridge.

I probably missed something, so if you have something to add, feel free.

Please add info on removing oils, if wanted (naptha anyone?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (122.6 KB, 302 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (40.0 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (47.1 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (94.4 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (65.5 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (51.7 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (44.4 KB, 299 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (48.9 KB, 297 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (55.8 KB, 301 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (113.5 KB, 297 views)

Last edited by 0utrider; 30-01-2010 at 13:50.
Old 29-01-2010, 20:32
Palladium Member

Female from Tajikistan
0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline0utrider must mainline Medline
Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11 Points: 6,241, Level: 11
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: How to extract LSA from morning glory/HBWR seeds...

SWIM'd guess making LSH from this would be simple by using peppermint oil when making the extract at some point convenient.. please correct SWIm about that (swim thinks the LSH topic is quite uncertain). would be very much appreciated if SWIY could elaborate on when and how to a x substance to make LSH instead of LSA ..

Some advice on that would be nice!

Similarly, SWIM plans on doing this soon. He'll find out x g/amount of HWBWR seeds are y trips. However, if he does this on a bigger scale (e.g. for 10-20 trips or so), how easy is it to find out the dosage of this type of extract? How much will be wasted during this, percent wise? Is there any way to predict it? Or should he just stick to the initial dosing i.e. when then seeds were not extracted?!

Also, does anyone know wheter storing in the capsule 1) doesnt dissolve the capsule and 2) how to store the lsa/lsh and how long it can be stored?!

Last edited by 0utrider; 30-01-2010 at 16:52.
Old 30-01-2013, 03:35

24 y/o Male from United States
Jaredfelix1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

BUMP

I will be doing this tek soon with HBWR.
How well does this method work?
Should I just do like 10 seeds or like a hundred at a time?
It'd be nice to get the final product in powder form.
Any thoughts, suggestions?

Post Quality Evaluations:
Please do not self incriminate in extraction threads.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:29
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.
Points: 1,042, Level: 4 Points: 1,042, Level: 4 Points: 1,042, Level: 4
Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6% Activity: 15.6%

You could just extract 10 HBWR seeds or you could do a larger scale extraction. The down side to doing such a small extraction is that it is sort of a waste of time, especially when a cold water extraction will often suffice for small amounts of HBWR. A large scale extraction is more time efficient, but you will lose a slightly larger proportion of actives in the extraction process and some of the active compounds will degrade during storage. So it is up to you.

Also, don't expect to be able to produce a powder using a kitchen chemistry type of tek. You will need more solvents, equipment, and time in order to produce a powder. And you will necessarily lose a lot of actives in the process. Plus, it is illegal to posses such a pure concentrated extract of LSA in the US. You're gonna have to be happy with goo.
Old 21-06-2013, 21:03
Banned

Male from USA - Illinois
leobaez123 is heading for the Darwin Award.leobaez123 is heading for the Darwin Award.

i wonder how that felt

Post Quality Evaluations:
Quit bumping old threads with contentless replies.
Old 16-10-2013, 10:14

Male from United States
ChaosHBWR is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1 Points: 33, Level: 1
Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6% Activity: 2.6%

So if this tek is used, roughly how many doses would 150 Hawaiian Baby Woodrose seeds make? If a friend of a friend were to use 225 seeds and usually does 10 seeds per dose, would that make roughly 20 doeses given the fact that he will probably lose some yeild? Could he just scrape the goo into an even square and cut it into 20 equal peices?
Old 17-10-2013, 18:49
Silver Member

Male from United States
PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.PowerfulMedicine must live here.

The yield of an extraction will vary depending on methods used and how well those methods are used. If you are careful enough, you could easily extract 90% of the theoretical yield. In this case, a 90% yield from an extraction on 225 seeds would leave you with about 20 doses of 10 seeds.

You could just cut this into 20 equal pieces, although this would be a little difficult since 20 equal amounts can't be made by simply cutting the pieces in smaller and smaller halves. In any case, this kind of dosing technique would be inexact but it would work. Using a scale is always a better option though.
Old 17-10-2013, 22:14

Male from United States

If the seeds are weaker than usual, would that affect the dose? If the dose is normally 10 seeds but these seeds are weak, would the lsa need to be cut into less peices?
Old 18-10-2013, 00:49
Silver Member

Male from United States

^Yes. The yield also varies according to the potency of the material. And the dose will also vary according to potency.

If you estimate a number of seeds to contain some number of equal dose trips, then you should have the same number of trips in the final extract minus what ever amount was lost during the extraction.

So, if you have 225 seeds and a good dose would be 20 seeds without extraction for this batch, then you have about 11 trips. But you will lose some of the active during the extraction. If you lose 10%, then the extraction only contains enough doses for about 10 trips.

And this is why a digital scale is very useful. You can just weight the entire extract, divide it by the number of trips in the extract, and then weigh out the correct amount. And from there it is easy to dial in the proper dose if it was too much or too little the first time.
Old 18-10-2013, 01:04
Platinum Member & Advisor

38 y/o Male from Ireland
ianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond reputeianzombie is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,554, Level: 20 Points: 19,554, Level: 20 Points: 19,554, Level: 20
Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0% Activity: 100.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosHBWR View Post
If the seeds are weaker than usual, would that affect the dose? If the dose is normally 10 seeds but these seeds are weak, would the lsa need to be cut into less peices?

Of course.
Extractions dont make drugs stronger, you need to dose on the plain seeds first to estimate how many you need, then when you do the extraction divide it into single doses.
If 4 seeds are enough then calculate how much extract you need, if 10 seeds are enough thn estimate how much extract you need.
Extractions only remove the need to take the whole seed, they dont improve the potency or quality of them.
Old 18-10-2013, 04:19

Male from United States

Okay so,

(1). Last night A Friend Of A Friend took 10 seeds and crushed them up and then grinded them into a powder. He then put them in a small container with enough Naphtha to cover them. He let them sit for about an hour. He knew this wasnt long enough but was impatient. After the Naphtha evaporated he put the seed powder in a capsule and ate it. Through out the night he noticed euphoria and things looked more vibrant it reminded him of a mushroom trip without the visuals. So should he try more than 10 next time and,

(2). Some of those seeds were black instead of white on the inside. Could those seeds contain some LSA or are they useless?
Old 18-10-2013, 20:40
Silver Member

Male from United States

You could try a larger dose using the same method or you could use a different method. I haven't tried taking the powdered seeds in a capsule before, but I would assume it is less effective since the actives in the seeds must first be dissolved into liquid in order to be absorbed. In capsules, the seeds won't get as much time for the actives to be extracted and you might end up not absorbing the entire dose.

A CWE might be worth trying. And the taste isn't nearly as bad if you are using HBWR as opposed to morning glories. In my opinion it barely has a taste at all. And in my experience, you should still chew and swallow the leftover seeds once you've drank the CWE.
Old 19-10-2013, 17:51

Male from United States

A guy i know put 200 ground HBWR seeds in a jar with some Naphtha and let them sit for about 7 hours shaking them every so often. He strained and drained the Naphtha letting the seeds evaporate completely. The seeds are now soaking in 50 mL of 190 proof Everclear. How long should they soak in the Everclear before straining the seeds and should he shake them every so often?

Share this on:

Tags
alcohol, extraction, hawaiian baby woodrose seeds, hbwr extraction, how to extract, lsa, lsa extraction, lsa extraction extract, lsa morning glory extraction, morning glory, morning glory seeds