Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 26-01-2010, 20:08

Male from United States
sturdychinfilms needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Vyvanse recreational dose

ok SWIM was prescribed 40mg Vyvanse. He has done alot of research and cannot get a straight answer about recreational use. He wants to know something very simple. Can this stuff get you high? and if so, how much does he have to take.
Old 26-01-2010, 20:19
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from Canada
robotripper is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5 Points: 1,260, Level: 5
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Re: Vyvanse recreational dose

Yes its amphetamine it can get you high. But remember to use the search engine because theres actually a tutorial to take out the part of the medication that makes it have to be metabolized by the liver. So it just becomes Dextro-amphetamine.
Old 26-01-2010, 23:01

Male from United States
sturdychinfilms needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

SWIM would just like to update everyone. He took 80mgs total of Vyvanse and at first thought it was shit. He felt a small high from it, kinda dirty, and actually his head was cloudy which he thought was wierd cause its supposed to improve concentration. but then he waited a little bit longer and it turned into a full blown amphetamine buzz. very very nice! SWIM says the high is more body oriented than Adderall but there is still a nice positive mood lift and definately increased empathy. SWIM is pleasantly surprised with this since he was expecting utter bullshit.
Old 27-01-2010, 00:38
Banned

25 y/o Male
EXBarhead420 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

SWIM would recomend chomping on it cuz its XR SWIMs pretty sure. it might tastes bad but will get you higher guaranteed
Old 27-01-2010, 02:27
Platinum Member & Advisor

34 y/o Female from United States
Potter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond reputePotter is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20 Points: 19,286, Level: 20
Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3% Activity: 59.3%

breaking it up won't do anything. This is a prodrug, the binder is at the molecular level and is removed by the liver. There is no way to speed up this process.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is indeed correct. Good advice
Old 30-01-2010, 17:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

27 y/o Male from United States
SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

SWIM had his first encounter with Vyvanse the other night. SWIM has extensive experience with amphetamines and especially methamphetamines but had never encountered Vyvanse yet though SWIM had heard of it.

SWIM had not taken an upper (coke or amps) for about 8 months but decided to take 40 mg of Vyvanse just to see what it's all about. It took almost an hour and a half for the drug to take effects but it lasted for a good 9-12 hours; SWIM was talking his fucking ass off all night and had a blast. Eventually once everyone else had passed out SWIM threw a 2 mg Xanax bar under his tongue and slept like a baby.

Vyvanse is weird; it is actually a prodrug of amphetamine (lisdexamfetamine) and it takes about an hour for your body to convert the lisdexamfetamine into dextroamphetamine. This is true genius on the part of the manufacturer because it makes recreational abuse (crushing,snorting, shooting, plugging) almost impossible.

Generally the equivalence given is 20 mg Vyvanse = 10 mg Dextroamphetamine XR but if you look at the pharmacokinetics it is much more complicated than that because of the way the amphetamine prodrug is encapsulated.

Based on SWIM's experience, it takes a long time for the amphetamine to get in your system because it must be metabolized first, but it is quite effective. SWIM would say 30 mg Vyvanse = 30 mg Adderall XR. If SWIM could figure out a way to convert to amphetamine, things might be a little more fun though.

Good, practical information for using Vyvanse
Old 03-02-2010, 06:17

33 y/o Female
birdkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1 Points: 4, Level: 1

In swims experience, it's hard to really "abuse" vyvanse or get a "high" from vyvanse due to the fact that the manufactures specifically made it that way on purpose. Sure it will speed things up in your life- make you accomplish 10 times the tasks as you might otherwise, but there's definitely not the same high that can be achieved by other amphets. You can't speed up the effects of Lisdexamfetamine so snorting it is useless.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:02

SyntheticSatori is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Right but it is still the same active ingredient - dextroamphetamine. Therefore if you take enough of it it will undoubtedly produce euphoric, amphetamine effects.

Sure, you can't snort it, and since it takes several hours to reach peak effects, it is not as "recreational" or "fun" but personally SWIM prefers an extended-release formulation of amphetamine (especially dextroamphetamine) because it tends to make SWIM more productive and euphoric rather than tweaked out and high.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:14
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Virginia
Pumpkin is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

Yes swiy can get high, but i believe it takes quite a while to absorb. It apparantly is just dextroamphetamine which has an amino acid called lysine attached to it. This keeps the d-amp from breaking down until it hits your gastrointestinal tract. thus, making it only active orally.

SWIM totally just ripped off wikipedia haha
Old 15-02-2010, 02:34
Banned

50 y/o Female
RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3

SWIM likes Vyvanse very much. It's not the same euphoric buzzy high that Adderall gives, but it's a nice high. She likes to take it and get things done. She takes 60-90mg then about eight hours later, another dose anywhere between 30-60mg. She will do this for a couple of days until she's tired and not really as sharp as she wants to be, then let it wear off and sleep. It really makes her focus.

SWIM has found that with Vyvanse though, if she takes it and sits down to get online or do a craft or read etc, she will not get up for hours. If she wants to do housework or run errands she has to make herself start them. Then they are no problem to finish.

SWIM actually just took a dose about an hour and a half ago. She took 60mg about three hours ago and then the last 30mg dose. She won't be sleeping tonight but she will clean the house top to bottom while everybody is asleep, set her hair, and have a nice hot breakfast waiting on everybody when they get up. She also will probably read a whole lot of DF tonight and post a lot too.
Old 26-02-2010, 13:21
Banned

Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.Roads really adds to the discussion.

The most vyvanse SWIM has taken is 150mgs (5 30mg pills), and he was zooming. You can achieve a euphoria or "high" with vyvanse. If SWIY liked 80mgs, he should try 120 next time.
Old 26-02-2010, 13:53
Banned

50 y/o Female
RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.RetroHousewife is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3 Points: 513, Level: 3

SWIM is aware that 120mg will get her higher than the usual 60-90 that she takes. She has taken 140mg in one dose, but no she doesn't reccommend that others try this, as it's probably dangerous. She's played around with it enough to find her own preferences, which she sticks with. SWIY is welcome to take 120mg, but SWIM is happy with the results of her own experiments with it. She takes more over the course of the day, and as Vyvanse lasts a long time, she does get the higher dose over time.
Old 28-02-2010, 12:10
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

From SWIMs experience with Vyvanse, 100mg was equal to ~40-45mg Adderall. He has to say that though the begining stages of 100mg Vyvanse felt like ~45mg of Adderall, SWIM felt like he was up longer than he would have been on an equivilant dose of Adderall.

SWIM says he was satisfied with Vyvanse when Adderall was desired. He almost would say he'd prefer to have only dextro-amphetamine instead of the mixture of amphetamine salts that make up Adderall.
Old 23-09-2013, 12:49

22 y/o Male from United States
Timboslice is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1

I shit you not the most vyvanse I've ever poped at once was 14, 70mg capsules I mmmm less than 24 hours each, with my girlfriend. To top it off we had been binging on meth for about 5 days. Lol. All I can say is I felt like a God. And it was so awesome.

Last edited by Phenoxide; 01-10-2013 at 23:50.
Old 24-09-2013, 03:23
Silver Member

Male from United States
BowserNasty is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1 Points: 55, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timboslice View Post
I shit you not the most vyvanse I've ever poped at once was 14, 70mg capsules I mmmm less than 24 hours each, with my girlfriend. To top it off we had been binging on meth for about 5 days. Lol. All I can say is I felt like a God. And it was so awesome. I do get hundreds of these things but from a souce I will not say of course. I'm in san antonio texas by the way
Glorifying drug use isnt cool. You almost took a whole gram of vyvanse. Please, no one attempt this. And you were on meth? C'mon man this is a harm reduction site.

In regards to the OP's question 60 mg is the most I have done and i get a nice mild buzz from it. Maybe on a friday I will take 120mg so my toleranc i bit higher than usual. I don takemy meds on the weekend. I will let yall know how it goe if i decide to take them.

Last edited by BowserNasty; 24-09-2013 at 03:28. Reason: added answer to ops post
Old 01-10-2013, 08:29

i wasnt trying to make anybody do what i did... i was just explainng my experience and what ive done bro...and yes i am a god.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:47

Male from United States
toppalini needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

around 3-400mg will get you extremely high, but anything sub-100mg wont be pleasurable, and youll only get the effects like foot tapping and tooth grinding and talking too much and stuff. with big doses you still get the bad effects, but you also get an overwhelming urge to sprint everywhere and do everything you think of, plus you feel like you are the king of the world.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:36

60 y/o Male from United States
El Kabong is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

Can you tell me where the tutorial is Robotripper?
Old 08-10-2013, 21:49
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from USA - Minnesota
honeybadger is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1 Points: 114, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

The dosage of any amphetamine very dependent on each person. Vyvanse is a prodrug, as it is in its form in the capsule, it's in the form of L-lysine-D-amphetamine, or dextroamphetamine and l-lysine coupled at a molecular level which makes it essentially inactive until taken orally and the stomach breaks the l-lysine from the molecular structure. (This also makes it both an amphetamine and phenylethylamine.) Unless you know how to separate the l-lysine from the d-amp at a molecular level and there is no simple reduction for it so I really just wouldn't, stick to taking it orally. I love IV as a ROA but I know not to attempt Vyvanse.

I have severe ADHD and decided to go on Vyvanse because I was up to 120mg Adderall IR total daily but it's not doing what it needs to. Dexedrine didn't seem to, either. I'm prescribed 70mg Vyvanse every morning and frankly, shit makes me tired. I also had problems with Dexedrine IR making me tired and Adderall IR is the one ADHD med I've been on that hasn't.

The reason I say that size really doesn't play a factor is because I'm 4'11" and 85-90 pounds and just have a naturally high tolerance to amphetamines. My husband is 5'8" and ~165 pounds and was on 7.5 mg Adderall IR 3 times daily and he's switched to 30mg Vyvanse recently as well (it actually works well for him, I'm back on to Adderall IR when the mail gets here, my doctor mailed me prescriptions for my old dose).

My badger is sleepy on less than 3 70 mg capsules, but on 3-4 capsules (210-280mg) her badger feels really nice and very up. Her badger also feels that the comedown is not nearly as harsh as regular Adderall which is not a pleasant comedown at times for her badger.

Start off on the low end, you can always take more later, ya know? With Vyvanse, it doesn't really take from the feeling to dose up if you find yourself needing to since it is a slower release.

Hope this is helpful for some.

ETA: Just to clarify, my listing of Adderall (instant release) and Vyvanase doses were not for comparison or to try and figure equivalencies out. My post was to highlight that height and weight are not always indicative of dosing with some drugs, Vyvanase and other amphetamines are an example (anecdotal and personal so I don't keep winding on) and also to point out that any route but oral is either just wasting, or if an attempt to IV and use some of the "reductions" I've seen will not work and cause at best, no effect and quite possibly a lot of harm if attempted to IV.

And I should add that my body handles amphetamines really oddly and so does my badger, please don't try to gauge doses off of examples I've given here.

Last edited by honeybadger; 09-10-2013 at 00:27. Reason: Merged doublepost.
Old 08-10-2013, 22:36
Titanium Member

Male from United States
Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.Boltzmann must live here.
Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4 Points: 1,012, Level: 4
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

The molar mass of amphetamine is 135g, whereas that of lisdexamfetamine is 263. That means that vyvanse is (if fully absorbed) 50% as strong as d-amphetamine.

Adderall's salts are half saccharate (210+135 g/mol for that portion) and half sulfate (96 + 135 g/mol), averaging at about 288g/mol.

Next, let's factor in bioavailability. Oral is between 75% and 100% for adderall, and 28% for vyvanse. If we assume the low end of adderall bioavailability, that leaves us with 34% equivalency, or 100mg vyvanse equaling 34mg of adderall. But that doesn't factor in that the amphetamine is adderall is 75% dextro and 25% levo. If we account for that, that leaves us with about 45% equivalency, or 45mg adderall being equivalent to 100mg lisdexamphetamine, ignoring the l-isomer, which does help to improve some symptoms of ADHD, while not really improving the high or central dopamine release.

What does this mean? It means that people on this thread are wrong to equate lisdexamphetamine doses to be approximately equivalent to adderall doses. At the same time, the fact that it is sustained and steady in its release (it is broken down not all at once, or in an hour like people on this thread suggest, but with first-order kinetics) makes it last longer and might provide the illusion that it is more powerful than amphetamine salts. The fact that it doesn't hit quickly and end quickly might add to this.

Thanks all - and remember your math.

Boltzmann

Spot on and easily understood as well as valuable and important information!

Last edited by Boltzmann; 09-10-2013 at 00:31.
Old 15-10-2013, 21:06

Male from Earth
tomotd11562 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1 Points: 137, Level: 1
Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6% Activity: 5.6%

It all depends on your tolerance..

useless one liner
Old 04-11-2013, 16:09

Male from United States
a2r6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1

SWIM about to enjoy 60mg of the vyvanse, along with a different drug that will undoubtedly interact well with the first one. Is 60mg a good dose for someone with somewhat limited experience and no tolerance to the drug?

Please do not use SWIM http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197306
Old 18-12-2013, 03:39

I be duckd off!!!

Useless one liner that adds nothing at all to this thread. Please only post if you have something helpful to add.
Old 06-01-2014, 20:24
Silver Member

Male from Canada
Whiteboy123 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1 Points: 115, Level: 1
Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5% Activity: 6.5%

The Monkey Man first used around 100mg for recreational purposes. He now has a tolerance, although when he started 80mg was enough. Without a tolerance I would not take over 100mg at a time.
Old 23-07-2014, 16:01

22 y/o Female from United States
wanderlust01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

This thread is pretty old now but I thought I'd share my experience with Vyvanse since I came here originally to know what to expect before I took it and I feel that my experience could be beneficial to others thinking about taking it.

I had read to take it in the morning but I stupidly waited until almost 2 in the afternoon. I had no real reason of taking it other than I had the day off, could use a mood life and I had heard it provided that much.

I popped a 50mg pill at 1:55 and decided to go for a walk to a spot by the river with a book. I checked the time about an hour after taking it and couldn't feel or notice any definite affects. As time went on I DEFINITELY felt a mood boost and I was feeling great. I laid on the grass reading a book for over six and a half hours and was completely engrossed by it. I definitely felt the focusing effect Vyvanse is supposed to provide, though occasionally I would glance at my phone and end up browsing for 20 minutes. I feel that my focus could easily be shifted and this could be problematic if I were using the drug to study or something.

The initial effects of the drug were great. I wouldn't say it was a "high" but I felt awesome and was extremely happy and really really calm. I have taken adderall in the past and I found the two experiences to be completely different. Adderall makes me feel like I could run 10,000 miles, where I was perfectly happy to lay down all day on Vyvanse.

However, when I eventually got up I started to notice negative effects. The first thing I noticed was a loud buzzing in my ears, which I thought at first might be construction in the area. But nope, the sound was coming from inside my own head. It soon receded to a silence and I felt for a moment that I had gone deaf because my hearing was so altered. It was the strangest sensation and rather unpleasant. It was as though I was hearing everything, yet nothing at the same time. So sound was the first side effect for me.

While I was walking home, I noticed the second negative side effect. My jaw felt extremely painful, as though I had been clenching it all day. Not only that, my tounge also hurt extremely bad as though I had been biting the sides of it. I couldn't stop clenching my jaw and it was almost like a tic.

When I got home it was about 8 pm. I laid around until about 2 am, when I realized I should probably go to bed, even though I was WIDE awake. I ended up laying in bed miserable (still clenching my jaw) until 8am when I dosed off until about 10:30. I felt the effects of Vyvanse from about 2pm until well after 8am the next day. I had to work that day at 4pm and was running on 2 1/2 hours of sleep. I would suggest not taking this drug unless you want to intentionally pull an all-nighter, or you have a good two day window of nothing to do.

Another side effect that is bad or good, depending on how you look at it, was that I had no appetite whatsoever and I did not eat at all the day I took it. Furthermore, the sores on my tongue from biting it all day stopped me from eating for about the next two days as well. So I guess Vyvanse would be beneficial to someone who wants to stop eating? I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS.

It took me about 4 solid days to recover from my day of Vyvanse. I felt incredibly shitty the next day and I was still in a haze the days after that. In about four days I finally felt normal again. The sores on my tongue were probably the worst side effect as I had white lines running down both sides of my tongue from biting it when I clenched my jaw.

I'm telling you straight up, I will probably never take Vyvanse again. It was awesome for about 6 hours but the negative side effects were way worse than the positives. I would not recommend this drug to anyone who thinks it will get them high because it wont. It will make you happy, calm, and focused for about 6 hours, then prevent you from sleeping and eating, may alter your hearing and give you a nervous tic.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, amphetamine, dextroamphetamine, drug, drugs forum, drugs-forum, euphoria, euphoric, how to take vyvanse, lisdexamfetamine, recreational dose, recreational use, shoot up, shooting up, speed, vyvanse, vyvanse experience