Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Amphetamine Amphetamine AKA speed

Old 26-01-2010, 12:37
Titanium Member

Male from United States
I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 634, Level: 3 Points: 634, Level: 3 Points: 634, Level: 3
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall vs. street amphetamine (not meth)

Hey guys swim is searching around but he can't find a definitive answer to this question, perhaps he's not asking it right. Swim is wondering how the effects of Adderall compare to street amphetamine (L-amphetamine? Is that right?) along with an explanation of what type of amphetamine (D, L, etc.) is most commonly found on the streets for recreational use excluding Meth.

He's wondering how the duration, mood, side effects, usefulness (besides fun), comedown, and dosage compare. Thanks!
Old 26-01-2010, 19:19
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.DecoyPencil really adds to the discussion.
Points: 773, Level: 4 Points: 773, Level: 4 Points: 773, Level: 4
Re: Adderall vs. street amphetamine (not meth)

In my hamster's experience, the most common "street amphetamine" (assuming that one does not count methamphetamine) is amphetamine sulfate. He says that this form is much more common in Europe though, as meth tends to dominate the street market in the US. But the hamster says he was able to find regular old amphetamine sulfate on a few occasions in the US. As far as he knows, the most common method used on the street to produce amphetamine sulfate is a reduction from P2NP, which results in a racemic mixture, meaning 50% d-amphetamine and 50% l-amphetamine.

Adderall on the other hand is about 76% d-amphetamine and 24% l-amphetamine. It is made up of a mixture of dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, dextroamphetamine sulfate USP and amphetamine sulfate USP.

Of the two isomers, d-amphetamine is the more desirable one. So, based on the above ratios, it appears that Adderall would produce a better experience than pure amphetamine sulfate found on the street (again, assuming methamphetamine is not included). My hamster can vouch for this with his personal experience, as he did find a given dose of Adderall more enjoyable, and even a bit longer lasting than the equivalent dose of street amphetamine, although not by a massive margin. In fact, there is a study suggesting that Adderall has a greater effect on dopamine release than similar doses of racemic amphetamine or even d-amphetamine alone.

Quote:
Adderall produces increased striatal dopamine release and a prolonged time course compared to amphetamine isomers

Taken together, these data support the hypothesis that Adderall evokes greater DA release in rat striatum with a longer time course, which is produced by the combination of amphetamine enantiomers and/or salts present in the drug solution.
(Full study is in our documents archive under the Adderall section)
So all in all, my hamster would say that when comparing the effects of Adderall with those of street amphetamine, Adderall is the winner. Again, not by a massive margin, but the difference is noticeable in hamster's opinion. One also has to take into account any "cutting agents" used by dealers to cut their amphetamine as this could further reduce its effects.

DecoyPencil

Post Quality Evaluations:
Very knowledgable and informative answer.
Old 27-01-2010, 06:38
Titanium Member

Male from United States
I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.I<3Salvia probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 634, Level: 3 Points: 634, Level: 3 Points: 634, Level: 3
Re: Adderall vs. street amphetamine (not meth)

Swim thanks you very much for the answer. He's been confused with all these L-'s, and D's, being thrown in front of amphetamine, and everyone seems to have a different idea of what the strength of each is. This helps clear things up a bit.

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, aderall, amphetamine, amphetamine side effects, amphetamine sulfate, amphetamines, drug, drugs-forum, europe, meth, methamphetamine, p2np, speed