Register Tags

Notices

Old 15-01-2010, 08:09

Male from USA - Hawaii
Vdubballah is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1 Points: 49, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Meth in E-Cig?

does anyone know if it is possible to put meth in the E-Cig or if anyone has done this? Just wondering if it is possible

Post Quality Evaluations:
Awesome Idea !
Old 15-01-2010, 08:35
Silver Member

29 y/o Male
Sylentear is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Re: Meth in E-Cig?

what an idea! never tried this but here's my dragon's oppinion.

judging by the design of the heating elements, swim believes that some modification must be made on that part. the heating element in the e-cig are shaped like pins which penetrates the e-cig's cig and heats up just enough so that the tobacco produces smoke without actually burning. the heat should be enough to vapourize the meth though. with the heating elements like pins swim thinks its not possible to hold any amount of meth at all. adding metal/glass/foil parts to it perhaps? or entirely replacing them pins?

some form of a divider needs to be made too, so that the yet-to-be-heated-and-vapourized meth won't go straight right into swiy's mouth when inhaled.

is there any other obstructions between the heating area and the mouthpiece? if there is (a filter for example) then even more modifications must be made, or the whole thing will just clog up with cooled-down-and-dried meth.

my pet dragon wishes swiy all the best! he's looking forward to any advances that swiy might have made on this endeavor! my pet dragon is seriously thinking of trying this out too, once he can find some time and some cheap e-cigs. not cheap around swim's place.

Last edited by Sylentear; 15-01-2010 at 08:38. Reason: added explanation for the need to modify the heating element.
Old 16-01-2010, 12:27

Male from USA - Hawaii

SWIM thinks that with some research, SWIM found that modifying the battery so the E-Cig can get a higher temp is necessary and that there is a wool like fiber that holds the "E-Liquid" which is the Nicotine and Propelyne (SWIM thinks) Mixture. So if SWIM raises the temp Within the E-Cig and Saturates meth with water or alcohol mixture and places a few drops on the wool fiber than in theroy it could be possible right? Swim thinks that the original formula is mostly distilled water and alcohol with the nicotine so it stays a liquid and the liquid goes on the heating element called the "atomizer" (basically like vaporizing) and vaporizes while you inhale. SWIM isn't 100% sure but thinks that this would be the best invention EVER!!! And SWIM also thinks that it CAN be possible with SWIY'S opinions and knowledge. This would be the best for discreet smoking and open a world of possibilities.

Vdubballah added 822 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

is there any other SWIMmers can offer advice or ideas to how this is possible. Or maybe even a solution to the idea at hand.

Last edited by Vdubballah; 16-01-2010 at 12:27. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 17-01-2010, 03:04
Silver Member

29 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vdubballah View Post
SWIM thinks that with some research, SWIM found that modifying the battery so the E-Cig can get a higher temp is necessary and that there is a wool like fiber that holds the "E-Liquid" which is the Nicotine and Propelyne (SWIM thinks) Mixture. So if SWIM raises the temp Within the E-Cig and Saturates meth with water or alcohol mixture and places a few drops on the wool fiber than in theroy it could be possible right? Swim thinks that the original formula is mostly distilled water and alcohol with the nicotine so it stays a liquid and the liquid goes on the heating element called the "atomizer" (basically like vaporizing) and vaporizes while you inhale. SWIM isn't 100% sure but thinks that this would be the best invention EVER!!! And SWIM also thinks that it CAN be possible with SWIY'S opinions and knowledge. This would be the best for discreet smoking and open a world of possibilities.

Vdubballah added 822 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

is there any other SWIMmers can offer advice or ideas to how this is possible. Or maybe even a solution to the idea at hand.
indeed! discretion for all at last!

the e-cig swiy mention is different from the one swim knows of. the one swim knows of is actually just a gadget which looks like an electric toothbrush where one can insert a special type of tobacco cigarrete (meant for this type of e-cig) into it. hm... interesting. swim's dragon is already off to the local mall to check out that e-cig that swiy mentioned.

will this be the revolution of meth smoking? *dragon's claws crossed*
Old 17-01-2010, 05:20

Male from USA - Hawaii

well a person has informed SWIM that the brand NJOY and "smoking everywhere" is very similar to the one mentioned above. Can SWIY solve this mystery and help other SWIMmers to enjoy this miracle idea of discreet smoking?
Old 17-01-2010, 06:00

43 y/o Male from USA - Arizona
pulpz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

Well SWIM has a hamster that has an NJOY Pro atomizer and if by chance SWIY could provide SWIM's hamster w/ how he should go about liquefying so it can be placed onto the material that holds the Nicotine liquid in the refill cartridge as this hamster has a couple (empty) refill cartridges...they contain no Nicotine. Mr. Hamster says he will try this as soon as he gets off work and will post his findings in the morning. Well, he will tell SWIM to post the results for him cause he can't type too well.
Old 17-01-2010, 13:09

Male from USA - Hawaii

please do write up for SWIYs pet hamster. This will be an interesting experiment and maybe even a breakthrough in modern recreational use for SWIYs and SWIMs everywhere
Old 17-01-2010, 15:05

43 y/o Male from USA - Arizona
pulpz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

SWIM woke his pet hamster up once SWIM got home from work and asked him to borrow his NJOY Pro atomizer/battery pack. After a bit of arguing and a couple of yummy treats hamster gave in...=) After charging the batteries it was assembled like normal and SWIM took a couple of pulls from it to get it good and warm and then took the inner temp of the atomizer which was 69.7C or 157.5F. SWIM remembers reading somewhere that the melting point of meth is 170-175C or 338-347F (?), but what the temp would be in order to vaporize it SWIM has no idea what the conversion would be to get that data. Plus, how to keep the goods in a liquid form is another issue altogether. SWIM pestered his hamster for a solution to this but he has no idea how this could be done effectively. So, if SWIY has any suggestions post a reply and SWIM will pass it on to the hamster...hurry cause SWIM is almost out of treats for him...SWIM already knows, way too early for such a lame attempt at humor!
Old 17-01-2010, 21:14

Male from USA - Hawaii

well SWIM was told that the original formula uses propelyle glycol as the liquid so SWIM thinks that if distilled water is used to liquify meth than it may be possible
Old 18-01-2010, 06:05
Silver Member

29 y/o Male

@ pulpz

if thats the melting point then the vaporizing temp would be even higher. if this is the case then swim believes tat the e-cig's temperature control (if it has one) must be tempered with or else the meth will never be vaporized.

at this point, swim's pet dragon is very tempted to just go get one of them e-cigs and have it opened to see what can be done.

*claws the air in frustration*
Old 18-01-2010, 10:57

Male from USA - Hawaii

well the "atomizer" or the heating unit should be higher than the vaporizing temp of the propelyne. If it didn't, than it would take a while to vaporize. The e- cig SWIMs pet panda has contains a steel wool like heating element and has a push button to activate the vaporizer. If SWIY could supply a way to make a meth liquid with a "lower than average ( without messing with purity if possible)" than SWIMs panda can try that and post results. If the low temp liquid can't be made than a simple liquid version that could be possible ( h20 or alcohol as solvent) and with a optimal saturation level that SWIMs panda may try is much appreciated. SWIMs panda tanks SWIY in advance
Old 03-02-2011, 06:34
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

30 y/o Male from United States
PseudoNemesis is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

This works with mephedrone and its cousins so I am guessing it would probably work for MA. The E-Cig that I am using uses a wicking element made of porous metal and it sucks up a mixture of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine and your choice of soluble chemical. Somehow I think two things happen that make this an effective delivery system: 1.) The e-cig forms a mist at a lower temperature than it would normal take to vaporize the choice active ingredient (good for not degrading the particles) and 2.) The elements I do believe do get hot enough to vaporize the choice active in solution because of boiling point depression provided by the excipient matrix (boiling point depression can be seen in azeotropic distillations and steam distillation of some essential oils from parent plants). Combine these two aspects of delivery system with the fact that you can fairly accurate weigh out large amounts and dilute into large amounts of water to make some pretty exact solutions for volumetric or gravimetric conversion of the amount of liquid to the amount of active delivered. There is not a lot of contact surface area on the inside of the butt of the e-cig where the vapor comes out so not much loss is produced from accumulated condensed vapor. I would recommend rigging an a cig with a smaller wick than usual and load it by dripping the solution you made (however you prefer it) on it and then trying to minimize any losses anywhere in the delivery process while making it convenient hit and forget type of thing you can even just dip the wetted element in the powder and drip pg or vg on it to dissolve and vaporize.

And listen, I know you think you are badass and you are smoking meth meph or whatever else from an e-cig and you think you can take the equivalent of 3 packs of cigarettes worth of nicotine whilst getting your amphetamine buzz over the course of 20 minutes, but believe me you can't it isn't pleasurable desirable in anyway shape or form I honestly constantly felt like hurling until the nicotine vasoconstriction wore off the first time I did it with nicotine cartridges. Be warned nicotine is a poison in higher dosages in fact nicotine analogs (neonicotinoids) are used as insecticides for dogs and cats.

PseudoNemesis added 9 Minutes and 56 Seconds later...

in the previous post by particles I mean chemicals and when I say mix with water I mean mix with pg and vg. Was in a rush writing the post and just didn't proofread before hitting the button, usually just lurk but people have to know about this method of ingestion. If used correctly it can conserve and help you moderate your chemical usage and maximize the good effects.

Last edited by PseudoNemesis; 03-02-2011 at 06:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-02-2011, 12:43

Male from USA - Hawaii

I will not deny that nicotine is a very harmful chemical but i think meth cant be much worse. I mean lets face it... Any chemical is still a chemical and if its not a vitamin or mineral that our bodies require than it is poison to our bodies regardless of what it actually is. Ok now that thats clear ( which i hope was common knowlege already) My aquaintance who is a chemisty genius (so i think and his numerous degrees contribute) has suggested to me that if SWIY was going to go through that much work, calculations, and tests/trials until the mixture/hardware is working at a sufficient and/or optimum state SWIY should look into proprietary options. If such thing were marketed, the impact it would have on the "tweaker" community would be devastating! SWIM would definately be interested and SWIMs fishies would be interested also. And just for respect to this forum and the moderators who work hard... SWIM and I both are NOT suggesting that anyone should deal or solicit any product/paraphanalia in any country/state where prohobited. Just to keep everyone happy and so nobody gets in trouble so back to the topic. I will honor that this could really be achived ( and im sure somewhere in the world SWIY already made one or atleast tried) and it is very possible but IMO SWIM would have to work too hard to attempt for himself and would rather wait till SWIY makes one and tries to score one for SWIMs self. Your info provided is very useful and also educating and SWIM thanks you for that and SWIM says sorry if anything was said wrong cause SWIM has no megative feelings and hope none was felt.
Old 26-09-2012, 02:28

30 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Sicknote83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Hey everyone,

Sorry to bring up an old topic but this really intrigues me.

SWIMS friend came up with the idea a few days a go and a quick google search brought SWIM here.

Anyway, SWIMS using SkyCigs as the E cig and the method is to dissolve some mephedrone in water and then dismantle the filter part of the cigarette and pour the meph solution on to the filter material.

SWIMS friend is still testing the perfect ratio to dissolve the mephedrone in (in a previous attempt SWIM ended up pouring a very liquidy solution out of the bottle that it was mixed it in, followed by a gooey substance.... any ideas whats going wrong?)

SWIMS also read that modern e cigs don't even use a heater element, they use a piezoelectric ultrasonic vapourizer. SWIMS pretty sure that this is how the SkyCigs work. Will this work as well as an old fashioned heater element (or better?!) at vaping the solution, meph and all?!

Initial tests have definitely had an effect but due to other ROA's used at time of testing, it has been difficult to guage and been quite inconclusive.

Have other swimmers managed to get this right yet? What strength solution was used and how much was added to the filter at any one time?

Cheers

Sicknote83 added 6 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Just realised that the above post is in the wrong place.... SWIM needs to know about mephedrone, not meth!!! Sorry

Last edited by Sicknote83; 26-09-2012 at 02:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 26-09-2012, 02:35
Silver Member

47 y/o Male from USA - California
beentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPACbeentheredonethatagain must think in IUPAC
Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12 Points: 7,575, Level: 12
Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3% Activity: 4.3%

I think you are wasting your time, money, and meth,, this type of device is not going to make any sense,, you liquify your meth in what, then it recrystallizes in what? then you remelt it how, dont you see that when you vaporize it in a glass pipe the matter changes state. and it all is done in the bubble .. without the glass bubble the product is drawn into places that it wont vaporize in, and then it will clog up the whole thing.. In my sometimes humble opinion it makes no sense
Old 26-09-2012, 04:56

23 y/o Male from USA - California
AboveDaInfluence should review received reputation comments.
Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3 Points: 420, Level: 3
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

I love the whole ritual of rolling it in a meth pipe but damn if someone can get this to work I'd buy it haha
Old 26-04-2013, 12:22

31 y/o Female from United States
sTiLLoNoNE is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1 Points: 31, Level: 1

quickly reading threw the replies i didn't see a simple yes or no? without changing any of can it be done?
Old 26-04-2013, 12:36

Male from United States
Hp Rush should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Now that's a fucking idea I've made sum crazy gunk pipes in my day one of my favorites was outta a glass blunt tube but I long quit smoking it.
Old 14-05-2013, 01:20
Gold Member

Male from Afghanistan
chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 335, Level: 2 Points: 335, Level: 2 Points: 335, Level: 2

I have been thinking about this a bit lately. I don't see why any modification would need to be done. The active compound does not need to reach anywhere near its boiling point. Nicotine's boiling point is something like 247C but the temps reached in a e-cig are closer to 60-80C. Which is even much lower than the liquid's boiling point. Its a combination of slight heating and passing air though the liquid soaked wick that results in vaporisation. Not unlike huffing ether off a rag. You don't need to boil it. I see no reason why simply dissolving meth or anything else for that matter in the normal liquid and using as normal wouldn't work. As previously mentioned not using solution that also has nicotine in it would be advisable due to nicotine not being a safe thing to do in high doses. And yes worse than meth. At least as far as short term effects go. Especially if your a non smoker.

Could be an interesting way to dose psyches or ketamine too. It would bypass the first stage metabolism which is important for the n-benzyl 2c derivatives. And if you didn't make the solution too strong dosing should be safe as long as you make sure you know the onset time and don't smoke too much before it hits you.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thank you for taking time to explain this to others!
Old 14-05-2013, 02:06
Diverboone Diverboone is nu online
Silver Member

42 y/o Male from United States
Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.Diverboone must live here.
Points: 1,311, Level: 5 Points: 1,311, Level: 5 Points: 1,311, Level: 5
Activity: 15.5% Activity: 15.5% Activity: 15.5%

I think anyone that pursues this idea with getting their kicks off by smoking their meth in public is a fool in the making and sure to be a Headliner one day. It's impossible to calculate the various charges that one would find his self facing after getting caught smoking and exposing 25± guest of XXX Burgers. to meth smoke. Have you not heard? "one time use and you are addicted" and "the average life expectancy is 5 years from the day you start" We may know that's not true, but try telling that to the court when you are facing life in prison or possibly the death sentence.

If you pursue the manufacturer of this tool, please do so for your, or your invited guest, in the privacy of just those that are willing. Please do not go out in public doing this just because you think it's cool. It's actions like that that are very harmful to harm reduction. The more sensational reports made by the media, the more oppressive the laws become and more stigmatized and stereotyped the users become.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:37
Gold Member

Male from Afghanistan
chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.chaos69 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 335, Level: 2 Points: 335, Level: 2 Points: 335, Level: 2

^Its not so much a case of getting kicks out of doing it in public but rather the convenience of not having to go somewhere to have it. Not having to go to the toilet every 0.5-1 hour when out at a gig or club would be pretty good.

Can't think of a situation where one would be smoking in a fast food restaurant. Meth and eating don't usually go hand in hand. For me at least it would be for nights going out to pub/clubs/festival/gigs. I think the chances of getting caught with it are incredibly low.
Old 15-05-2013, 12:09
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
oc85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentheredonethatagain View Post
I think you are wasting your time, money, and meth,, this type of device is not going to make any sense,, you liquify your meth in what, then it recrystallizes in what? then you remelt it how, dont you see that when you vaporize it in a glass pipe the matter changes state. and it all is done in the bubble .. without the glass bubble the product is drawn into places that it wont vaporize in, and then it will clog up the whole thing.. In my sometimes humble opinion it makes no sense
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos69 View Post
I have been thinking about this a bit lately. I don't see why any modification would need to be done. The active compound does not need to reach anywhere near its boiling point. Nicotine's boiling point is something like 247C but the temps reached in a e-cig are closer to 60-80C. Which is even much lower than the liquid's boiling point. Its a combination of slight heating and passing air though the liquid soaked wick that results in vaporisation. Not unlike huffing ether off a rag. You don't need to boil it. I see no reason why simply dissolving meth or anything else for that matter in the normal liquid and using as normal wouldn't work.
I've been thinking about this recently as well....I don't think the pipe analogy really works here because, as we all know, meth recrystalizes almost immediately in the bowl and the fog coming out of the pipe is not actually a vapor, but countless tiny crystals that aerosolize due to their microscopic size/ insignificant mass....in other words, it had already recrystalized from a vapor before being inhaled! This is one of the main points that shuts down the persistent claim that meth recrystalizes in a smokers lungs ( for those that can't seem to grasp the more basic solubility flaw of that particular myth). With that in mind, I see no reason why the meth would ever need to even reach its listed melting point. It seems to me that dissolving in solution would adequately disperse the molecules to the point that you could just atomize the PG/VG as usual and the resulting MA crystals would have a sufficiently miniscule size/mass that they, too, would aerosolize just as they would from a pipe...

Last edited by oc85; 15-05-2013 at 12:15.
Old 15-05-2013, 13:16
Silver Member

Male from South Africa
Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4
Activity: 41.6% Activity: 41.6% Activity: 41.6%

@oc85 - I think smokers want the actual vapour. Let's face it, they could get crystals in their system just by snorting or swallowing. I think a mist of recrystallized meth would not be give the same kick or satisfaction as inhaling vaporized meth would. This is likely why the idea of using e cigarettes for this purpose never really took off, as temperatures are inadequate for vaporizing amongst other challenges.

I could be wrong though.
Old 15-05-2013, 14:49
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from United States
oc85 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1 Points: 90, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanaro View Post
@oc85 - I think smokers want the actual vapour. Let's face it, they could get crystals in their system just by snorting or swallowing. I think a mist of recrystallized meth would not be give the same kick or satisfaction as inhaling vaporized meth would.
I think you miss my point: they were never actually inhaling vaporized meth to begin with! Even when "smoking" ( and I'm using that term very loosely) from a pipe, they've always been inhaling aerosolized meth crystals, NOT actual vapor ( as in heated gaseous form of meth). Pure methamphetamine has a boiling point, aka minimum temp to vaporize, of 215C. Now ask yourself: when you take a hit, does it feel hot as you breathe in? The fact that the cloud you breathe in barely feels warm proves that you are, in fact, breathing in aerosolized crystals because it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for methamphetamine to exist as a gaseous vapor at atmospheric pressures.

EDIT:
The differences in perceived effect between the two ROA's has nothing to do with the meth's physical state, because it is the same in both cases. The difference comes from the rapid absorption into the bloodstream via the lungs and the fact that the meth travels along with freshly oxygenated blood directly to the left side of the heart and straight to the brain. In contrast, when snorted, meth is absorbed more slowly through DISTAL capillaries and passes through the liver for first- round metabolism before reaching the brain.
( And yes, I realize that the majority of the meth with be renally excreted unchanged, but the percentage that is metabolized to amphetamine before reaching the brain DOES make a difference.)

Last edited by oc85; 15-05-2013 at 15:03.
Old 15-05-2013, 14:57
Silver Member

Male from South Africa
Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.Akanaro must live here.
Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4 Points: 920, Level: 4
Activity: 41.6% Activity: 41.6% Activity: 41.6%

Ah, that would indeed make an interesting fact to ponder. Since that's the case then it obviously wouldn't (or shouldn't) make much difference in effect although other factors may still deter such as amount potentially needed in e cigarette vs pipes.

Thanks for the info.

Share this on:

Tags
cigarette filter