Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug testing discussion
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug testing discussion What can you do against drug testing & more...

Old 04-01-2010, 21:35

35 y/o Female
BlueMorning is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How long after taking a drug will it be detectable in a urine test?

The subject line really says it all. It's sort of a long story how this came about, but I ended up taking an usprescribed Xanax pill about 30 min. to an hour before a random drug test today. I'm really unsure if the test will come back as a dirty. Further relevent information: the amount I took was .5 mgs (half of a blue xanax "football") and I hadn't taken any kind of benzos or Xanax for at least 2 weeks prior to today's slip-up.

The type of test is just your normal, everyday urine drug screen that probation offices and methadone clinics (the latter, in my case) use all the time. They collect the sample on-site at the clinic and then send it away to a lab to be tested.

The reason I'm asking is I really need to know if it's possible the Xanax will show up in the test. If it's very possible or likely, then my best course of action would be to go and tell my counselor everything. You're penalized less if you go and confess before they have to confront you with the dirty results. But, obviously if there's a good chance the drug screen won't be positive for Xanax, it'd be like shooting myself in the foot to go and confess it anyway.

Thanks in advance for any replies. There's a lot riding on this, so I really, really appreciate your time.
Old 04-01-2010, 21:51
Silver Member

30 y/o Male from USA - Pennsylvania
VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.VirtuallyEmotionless is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 781, Level: 4 Points: 781, Level: 4 Points: 781, Level: 4
Re: How long after taking a drug will it be detectable in a urine test?

SWIM is thinking the alprazolam may not even be detectable in SWIY's urine YET. SWIY should expect it to take anywhere from 3-7 for the alprazolam to completely clear SWIY's system. SWIM has read that it may take much longer to clear a chronic users system.
Old 04-01-2010, 21:58
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

31 y/o Male from United States
CrzyBkr should review received reputation comments.

If they are testing for benzo's than SWIY is screwed. Better luck next time
Old 04-01-2010, 23:26

35 y/o Female
BlueMorning is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not a chronic user, so the 3-7 days estimate is good news if I have another UA after that time. But my main concern is will it show up in the test I took today since I only took the pill less than hour before peeing in the cup for them.

I was thinking that the standard urine screens test for metabolites, which are only detectable once the drug has gone through your system, correct? I was thinking they test for the metabolites rather than for the presence of the drug itself. Is this correct, speaking about the very standard 5 panal UAs that probation offices and methadone clinics use?

So basically my question isn't so much how long can the drug be detected, but how soon after ingestion can the drug be detected in a urine test.

(Sorry if I'm repeating myself here....I'm just a little confused by the replies. Thanks again in advance for any further replies. )
Old 04-01-2010, 23:35
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

First of all, please use generic names (alprazolam, not Xanax) as this is an international forum. Second of all, read the rules regarding self-incrimination.

As for your question, where you high at the time of the test? Alprazolam is broken down partly in the liver before it enters the brain, so if the drug had made it to the brain there were definitely metabolites available to enter the urine, that's not to say that they . My dog can't find any info regarding exactly how long it takes for alprazolam to first make it to the liver. If you had eaten right before it this might have helped, as it would take longer to absorb. My dog isn't sure exactly but he would say you probably cut it close.

Share this on:

Tags
alprazolam, drug, drug test, drug testing, drugs, drugs-forum, gabapentin, heroin, mcat, methadone, probation, shooting heroin, urine drug test, urine test, xanax