Register Tags

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 03:07
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom
wiredchild is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2 Points: 166, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Strong effects even on very small dose of Ketamine?

My cat has used Ketamine a handful of times but wouldn't consider herself a regular user. Her use always seems to be along with other substances in various combinations/dosage (alcohol, cannabis, mephedrone, MDMA).

She appreciates that these other substances will undoubtedly affect the experience in various ways, nonetheless she is always shocked at how strong an effect even a small dose of Ketamine has on her.

For example, recently my cat smoked a few joints and had a fair few drinks with her feline friends, before going out and taking some mephedrone. Upon returning home (by which time she reckons the alchohol would have mostly, if not completely worn off) she had another few lines of mephedrone, followed by a few joints. She then did two very small lines of ketamine, totalling under 0.1g (maybe 50mg or less to be honest) and 20 minutes later she was completely paralysed, almost unable to take anymore if she had wanted to and after a short while feeling as if she was melting through the sofa, fell asleep.

My cat says it was a pleasant experience and a welcome sleep-aid after a night out but can't understand why such a small dose hits her so hard? She actually has no idea how long Ketamine effects her for as she has always fallen asleep shortly after taking it...though this is maybe because it's at the end of a night out. She also finds that, unlike her friends, she is completely unable to hold even a simple conversation shortly after taking ketamine - is this normal? To be fair she finds it hard to do anything but lay down and feel cosy and detached from everything else going on around.

In addition to seemingly having exceptionally low tolerance to Ketamine, my cat doesn't seem to have many of the effects associated with the drug. She always experiences paralysis to varying extents, a little numbness/softness throughout her body, along with a melting sensation when staying still. In addition to this she finds it very difficult to make sense of things, such as what she's watching on TV and sounds become subtly different (e.g. if she's listening to music the different instruments sound more individual than a complete composition). Still, my cat fails to experience the spacial confusion, hallucinations and outer-body experiences her friends speak of amongst other things.

To round this off my cat simply wonders maybe she's just not used to drugs such as ketamine and what may be soft effects she perceives as strong? She's only really had an interest in stimulants up to recently. She feels that perhaps a higher dose will cause the more intense effects reported by friends, but with the powerful effect of even a small dose mentioned she is weary.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:27
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline
Re: Strong effects even on very small dose of Ketamine?

Erowid cites a common insufflated dose as between .03 - .075g, so 50mg (.05g) or "under 0.1g (100mg)" really isn't that small of a dose. Especially if it was actually 100mg, this is cited as a strong dose, and perhaps even nearing a k-hole. My dog doesn't know much about ketamine but does know that everyone experiences every drug differently. Perhaps you are just physiologically or psychologically sensitive to ketamine.

Physical statistics might be relevant in this situation, you sound like you are a woman, in general my dog assumes you know that women tend to be more sensitive to drugs (with many exceptions), as do smaller people.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:49
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnizzle View Post
You sound like you are a woman
Ha, i'm actually a bloke, though i don't weigh very much to be fair (around 10 stone)...However i'm referring to my cats experience. I think you're probably right that she's psychologically sensitive towards Ketamine as it's something she's not really experienced before and has only tried it a handful of times.

She'd like to experiment with higher doses though is generally content after such a small amount (too paralysed to do another line) and doesn't want to overdo it. However, my cat still fails to experience hallucinations and always falls asleep very quickly, is this usual?
Old 02-01-2010, 03:56
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

From what my dog has read (which is very little), he believes that like most other drugs, hallucinations are more probable/more intense at higher doses, and even though your cat has been taking relatively normal doses it might not be enough. But if your dose works for your cat, no need to overdo it. Not sure about the sleep thing, sounds like the dose is high enough that it may be venturing into having anesthetic properties... again though, I know little about ketamine.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58
Silver Member

Male from United Kingdom

Yeah my cat reckons she'll try a slightly higher dose next time in order to get some additional effects. Despite the inability to stay awake shortly after dosing she doubts that the anaesthetic properties of Ketamine are being reached because a) the dose according to Erowid as you stated nnizzle isn't particularly high and b) surely prior to that point being reached my cat would have entered a k-hole? Something that she presumes she would definitely know about if she'd entered one...?
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10
Silver Member

Male from Canada
KibBen is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1 Points: 132, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Swim reccomends your cat might want to try that dose of ketamine on it's own, when you're well rested and not at the end of a night and see how that goes. Swim has found that ketamine when he's already feeling tired/running out of energy also sends him to sleep.

Share this on:

Tags
drugs-forum, hallucinations, ketamine, mephedrone, sleep aid