Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > SOCIAL FORUMS > Social Forums > Drug culture
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug culture About drug icons, drug idols, drug related literature, music, movies, art, conferences & festivals

Old 27-08-2005, 00:00
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

28 y/o Male from United States
.rar is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Where is the best place on Earth for drug users to live? Brazil? Portugal? Japan? Netherlands? Some other place? Where would you live?
Old 27-08-2005, 01:52

Male
Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

The Best place for Anybody to Live . . . the United States.

The United States must be the All-time Best place for Drug users to live. There are more of them here, than anywhere else in the World (and by a Large margin). The Drug-supply lines here are vast, and that supply is always there, providing Tons of goodies each day for the thirsty population.

So, something about the US inspires its residents to want to take Drugs. I mean, why live in a country that doesn't make you want to get High all of the time?

It seems to me that onlyDrug suppliers have much of a problem, and that is only when the DEA wakes up once in a while to actually do what they are supposed to do.

The US has the highest standard of living, the most Drug use per capita, and California has the best weather in the World. About 200 days a year, the temperature in San Francisco is 65 degrees for the High, and 55 for the low at night. About 10 days a year, the temperature High is 80 or above. And the last time it snowed there is before the Gold Rush of 1849 (maybe the last Ice Age).

Now, if the question is what country is the best place for Drug users to Vacation in, the winner must be The Netherlands. In this place, if you want certain Drugs, they are REAL easy to find (e.g., a Coffeeshop to purchase Marijuana), and very potent.

I would also think that Jamaica is a great Tourist spot. You can buy a POUND of pot for $26. Not the Best Strains, but certainly the best pricing. Pound-for-Pound, our Best Vacation value.Edited by: Solidly-here
Old 27-08-2005, 04:15

Male from United States
Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.Diphenhydramine is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,645, Level: 6 Points: 1,645, Level: 6 Points: 1,645, Level: 6
Cali would be real nice...or Amsterdam, people there were so nice and
chilled out, didn't really care what you did as long as you weren't
obnoxious. Just kinda cloudy is all.

Are you talking about best place to USE drugs? Or be supplied
with drugs? Or overall? Cause I think the best place to use
drugs is in the northen part of New England, somewhere in the woods,
and you will be deserted and no one will fuck with you. Only it
gets mad cold. And that is why I am currently building a stone
chimney in my cabin.

Old 27-08-2005, 04:52

28 y/o Male from United States
.rar is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2

I'm talkin overall. The United States is a great place to live, although I wonder sometimes. But I would like to live in a place where research chemicals are easily attainable, along with many other drugs/entheogens. And a place that is pretty lax about drugs.

My perfect place: on a secluded beach on the caribbean or similar, where all drugs/entheogens are easily available, cheap, of the highest quality, and 100% legal.

Too bad it doesn't exist.
Old 27-08-2005, 16:25

Female
wildwind is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
It is Amsterdam, you can go to test the quality of the drug
before you use it, so you know that you are sniffing 30% cocaine only ,
when it is good stuff.

and everything else is around too.
Old 27-08-2005, 19:47
Silver Member

28 y/o Male from Ireland
Nature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline MedlineNature Boy must mainline Medline
Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8 Points: 3,100, Level: 8
Without a shadow of doubt, Amsterdam. You can go to far off lands and bask in the glory of their local intoxicants but there is not a drug-using focal point on the planet quite like the A'dam.
Old 28-08-2005, 20:39

Male
urbanwarrior is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
CANADA
Old 29-08-2005, 05:12

truestbet is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1 Points: 96, Level: 1

What about Ibiza Spain ? i heard its almost as good as amsterdam but its similar like a non stop party situation... anyone?
Old 29-08-2005, 08:19
Gold Member

32 y/o Male from Canada
Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.Cure20 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 1,453, Level: 5 Points: 1,453, Level: 5 Points: 1,453, Level: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanwarrior
CANADA

I agree because even on the "LAW" side of things the judges here seem to hand out lighter sentances and often just fine people because the jails are so full.
Old 29-08-2005, 12:54

39 y/o Male
MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5
[QUOTE=Solidly-here]

The Best place for Anybody to Live . . . the United States.

The US has the highest standard of living, the most Drug use per capita, and California has the best weather in the World. About 200 days a year, the temperature in San Francisco is 65 degrees for the High, and 55 for the low at night. About 10 days a year, the temperature High is 80 or above. And the last time it snowed there is before the Gold Rush of 1849 (maybe the last Ice Age).

[/QUOTE/]

You do bring up some good points, but the highest standard of living isn't in the states. The Statesranks6 behind: 1Norway 2Sweden 3Canada 4Belgium and 5Australia.

One of the big problems with drugs in the States is the severity of the laws. California is typically more liberal, but get caught with intent in Texas and you are gone forever.

I would think that the top 5 are all pretty good for Drug Users to live.

Canada outside of the cities is vast and beautifuland the people are independant. Norway, Sweden and Belgium are all beautiful places in convienient locations with more liberal laws. I don't know how Aussie works, but would like some Aussies to commenton how they find it there...
Old 30-08-2005, 01:51

Male
Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.Solidly-here probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

The US has the Largest Economy in the World.

MrJim likes to split hairs. The US uses more Oil, produces more Land Fill, and has more millionaires than anywhere else. As the CIA states in their World Fact Book (updated annually): "The US has the largest and most technologically powerful economy in the world, with a per capita GDP of $40,100." www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/us.html

MrJim's list contains "1Norway 2Sweden"2 countries with out-of-control Income Taxes, to make SURE that no one gets too rich.

Anyway, my point is: The USA has the most Druggies in the world, the most number of alcoholics, and (probably) the most number of neurotics. Something about living in the USA creates an atmosphere which makes people want to take Drugs. Therefore, if people live elsewhere, they won't feel the need to dose up. Certain places on Earth are pretty calm and peaceful; this (generally) means, there's less Drug use there.
Old 30-08-2005, 07:10
Silver Member

Male from Australia
cactus is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1 Points: 24, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJim
I don't know how Aussie works, but would like some Aussies to commenton how they find it there...

Its pretty easy going here, our laws arentas liberal as places like canada or netherlands. But still, you can get caught with upto 90 mature plants and not get gaol time (jail for the americans), or around 200 pills (ive seen someone get done with 280 and only get an 18 month bond)

You can find pretty much any substance your after, good coke is very expensive tho at around $300 for 85%+. Theres always heaps of acid going around. Mushie season is plentiful. most the weed i see these days is as good as what i saw in holland, and pills lately have been around the 120 - 200mg mark.

I really wouldnt trade it for anywhere else, quality of life is pretty damned good here.
Old 30-08-2005, 12:50

39 y/o Male
MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.MrJim really adds to the discussion.
Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5 Points: 1,115, Level: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidly-here

Anyway, my point is: The USA has the most Druggies in the world, the most number of alcoholics, and (probably) the most number of neurotics. Something about living in the USA creates an atmosphere which makes people want to take Drugs. Therefore, if people live elsewhere, they won't feel the need to dose up. Certain places on Earth are pretty calm and peaceful; this (generally) means, there's less Drug use there.

Hey Man,

I wasn't trying to split hairs, just pointing out that the biggest economy in the world doesn't mean the highest standard of living. It is a more polarized economic distribution - More millionaires factored into a 40000 dollar average means more poverty too. Otherwise China would have the second Highest standard of living.

Are you sure that more people take drugs in the US? Is that a per capita basis or gross numbers? I'm pretty sure Russia has the most Alco's.

I was looking online for something about Alcoholism rates on a country by country basis and found something interesting. The US actually has the highest rate of Abstainers in the world. Probably to do with America's Puritan roots.

For the record I do believe that when it comes to drug and alcohol abuse Canada and the US have near identical percentages. We are far too similar in mentality.

As for Norway and Sweden, they do have out of control taxes, but they also have shorter work hours over the year. And Amsterdam isn't very far away.

I wasn't trying to negate what you say Solid, you bring up some good points, just saying that there are alot of countries out there where people feel the need to take drugs. Russians live in chaos. The people of Thailand are having such a terrible yaba problem as well as drug tourism that they are trying to enforce and step up their drug laws to a level that they have never done. Burmese Poppy farmers smoke 3 pounds of opium a year. Know what I mean?

For places to live and consume drugs and feel relatively free America's west coast is definitely up there. I've spend ALOT of time in Washington, I used to go to school in Oregon. California is a sweet place. But every drug is cheaper in Vancouver BC than the states. Drug prices should probably play a role in which country is best for the End user.

The states does have the most diagnosed Mental problems, BTW. I think that as long as people live and breathe they will ( no matter what country) find a way to alter reality. So I guess when it boils right down to it I just wrote a whole lot to say that I don't know which country would be best for the User. Anywhere things are cheap, accessible and safe.

Peace

Jimbo
Old 30-08-2005, 20:46

Mister Harrison is an unknown quantity at this point
In British Columbia, pot is the number one industry. It beats Forestry and Fisheries. It's pretty chill up here.
Old 31-08-2005, 21:20

27 y/o Male from Netherlands
All-Is-One is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1
Id say US is defenitly not the best place as most drugs there are verry expensive compared to other countries with more liberal laws, because of the huge risk dealers take wenn doing their bussiness its a normal thing to have them ask more for it, i dont know exact prices in US or anything but documentarys i have seen here (Netherlands) about drugs in the US usually show crazy prices (like 20 dollar for a single xtc pill and even more for methamphetimine (ppl spending like 1000$ a week for their addiction) these big prices alsow make more drug abusers into true junkies because they cannot afford to take care off themselfs and their drugs at the same time and drugs come first(ofc this onlygos for ABUSERS), i dont know about the prices of other drugs but it seems logical to me that for most drugs the same gos because its more of a dealer risk problem than a production problem
Old 31-08-2005, 22:23
Banned

TheLight01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3 Points: 398, Level: 3

I would say in the Netherlands in a remote village, drugs are widely available and if you get busted you dont get send to a ass-raping cell for 50 years like in the states but you get a fine and some community service

As long as you dont bother other people you can almost do anything wat you want consering drugs.

I Loveeeee my country
Old 06-09-2005, 01:14

60 y/o Male from USA - Massachusetts
searcher should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 2,058, Level: 6 Points: 2,058, Level: 6 Points: 2,058, Level: 6
I like it right here in my cozy chair.

I liked Berkeley, next town over from SF
Old 06-09-2005, 10:24

JinxX74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1 Points: 1, Level: 1
I live in the Netherlands myself and that's definitely the best place for 'those kinds of things. You can get quality shit and don't have to look over your shoulder all the time.
One little note though.....AMSTERDAM is not a country, it is the CAPITOL of the Netherlands (Holland).
Cheers.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:43

trippy420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Im from the united states but i would probably have to say that canada would have to be my choice.It just seems that canadians are just so laid back and cool people.You never hear of Canada starting wars of really messing with anyone. Plus its pretty much legal to smoke pot in canada,well some parts of canada anyway.
Old 07-09-2005, 00:53
A very strange person.

Male from United States
Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.Woodman really adds to the discussion.
Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7 Points: 2,641, Level: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLight01

I would say in the
Netherlands in a remote village, drugs are widely
available and if you get busted you dont get send to a
ass-raping cell for 50 years like in the states but you
get a fine and some community service
The Dutch are definetly taking the lead in
implementing logical legal policy on drug use.

But as long as govenment factions in the United
States can maintain control over a multi-billion dollar
enterprise through prohibitive legislation and an
active P/R campaign, you're not likely to see other
countries adopt a more level-headed approach to
drug use.

I'm hoping that with sites like this, one day people
will get smart and actually LEARN to think outside of
the TV box that is the instrument of goverment
propaganda.

One day, hopefully, all of America will find itself in a
state of consciousness where the more critical
mental functions (on this issue) are performed
outside of the
rectum.Edited by: Woodman
Old 07-09-2005, 14:30
Silver Member

Male
pabel_giboon is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2 Points: 176, Level: 2
United States seem a good choice if you only concern about drug suply. But if you are talking about fun+drug+good life, I think US is not a choice at all. IŽd stick to cities like GOA (India), IBIZA (Spain), Tijuana (Mexico), CUZCO (Peru).
Old 08-09-2005, 01:42
Platinum Member & Advisor

Male from Bermuda
enquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumenquirewithin is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14 Points: 9,461, Level: 14
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%
Sadly nearly every country in the world has become a poor place for drug users because of the US's regressive and harsh anti-drug policies. Whereas Goa and Cusco may be fun places to get high, for example, if you get caught enjoying something like smoking grass or hash which has been legal and accepted for hundreds of years in both places, you could face over ten years in jail. This is as a response to the US "war on drugs."

Post Quality Evaluations:
very true

Last edited by enquirewithin; 17-06-2007 at 00:56.
Old 06-10-2005, 13:36
Silver Member

yuval is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1 Points: 94, Level: 1

there is a very large hippy scene in india: in the himalaya in manali and in nearby parvati valley, and in the south in the state of goaand just south of goa in beaches near the city gokarna.

also in india there's andaman islands, i heard it's a hell of a place for tripping. in kodai canal, a hill station in the state of tamil nadu, mushrooms grow everywhere. rishikesh, dharamsala and pushkar are spiritual cities but western druggy tourists are in abundance as well.

people freely smoke bongs in restaurants in india where hippy tourism is the dominant industry, just like in amsterdam, only it's WAY cheap (2-3 bucks for a third of an ounce of indian hash in the north of india, and about that much for a room) and the nature is very very beautiful.

season for the north is april-october, and for the south october - march.

peace

y

Post Quality Evaluations:
Nice info. on the scene in India...
Old 06-10-2005, 16:33

Crackkim is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

i prefer to stay at home Free food gas etc

and a nice spot to smoke some crack Ex
Old 06-10-2005, 22:25
Silver Member

cannabis man is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1

i think it would depend on your drug of choice, pot smokers and light trippers it would have to be the damm, however pill heads and ravers would be best suited in ibiza as it is class for huge nightclubs (cream,manumission etc) south america for the cocaine lover somewhere with abit of law and order tho, peru perhaps. shrooms six months ago would of been the very own uk, mixing the sold shop cubensis with the wild liberty cap gems, thailand/southern china for the heroin lover, not my scene however when pete doherty was kicked out the libertines he went there for heroin on room service. alcohol would be russia, that vodka! mescaline lovers southern texas northern mexico. i think id like to travel all these places.

Share this on:

Tags
america, drug, drug free, drug use, drug users, drugs, united states