Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Old 25-08-2005, 01:17
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

stager is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Need some help/ideas. I will be coming off morhpine (Avinza) after using it for about two months. Started on 60mg, then down to 30, butI did more than prescribed and chewed a few now and then. I'm down to a few 30's now then out for good.

I'm deathly afraid of withdrawal but suppose it's inevitable. Is there anything OTC I can do to ease it? I can't tell my doc, as I already swore I wasn't abusing them...so much for that.

Hate to sound like an amateur or a p*ssy, but any input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 25-08-2005, 02:30

dillydude is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3

Hi there stager

Welcome to the forum, there's not alot that I can tell you that will actually ease the symptoms of opiate withdrawils, but some things I might be able to let you know of that might be of use.

First of all the med your on taken orally is probably the best way to come off of opiates. I know from experience that snorting or injecting morphine the W.D.s arealot more severe to come off of.

Something that might be helpfull is a benzo and some sort of sleep aid, also something for the pain that usually accompanies w.d.s such as an Ibuprofen or something like that. And if your into smoking weed that also might help too.

Try to keep fluids in your system, but that might not be easy to do usually a person will viod from both ends, so just take little drinks at a time.

Anyway I hope I could be of some help to you, and good luck , Oh yeah before you go cold turkey, you could try to wean off the stuff by taken smaller doses and lasting longer in between doses.

Again good luck, take it easy.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Friendly and helpful post.
Old 25-08-2005, 23:49

NeedleInTheHay is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
stager, so your doc had you on 60's then dropped you down to 30's and
just said "when these run out, that's it"? or did he/she write the 30
script into some sort of taper (like take 4 first 2 days, 3 next two
days, etc.)? If he/she didn't actually tell you to taper down off
them, express your fears to him. tell him/her you were
researching your medication on the internet and found out that it can
have some pretty hellish withdrawl symptoms. Maybe they'll drop
you down to an even lower dose and work you into a controlled
taper. If not, maybe it's time to find a new doc. Also, do
not let on that you are running low due to your using more than
recommended dosage. That would be bad. Figure out how long you
can last on what you have left then, before you run dry, tell the doc
you'd like to try to get off the pills now (looks better that
way...like you are really itchin to get off the drugs.) If worse comes
to worse and nothing works, just come clean about it. Morphine is a
highly addictive substance and your doc new that when they put you on
it. Now it's their responsibility to help you stop taking them if
you are having a problem.

hope this helps...sorry about the rambling

Useful addition re. taper and honesty being the best policy (albeit sometimes only when necessary...)
Old 26-08-2005, 06:11
Silver Member

daveman is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1
try some kratom, i just ued some and ive had opiate withdraws before, although ive never used it while having them, but i imagine it would be a pretty good thing to help with an opiate withdraw
Old 27-08-2005, 23:19

stager is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1

Thanks, guys for the response. Unfortunately, the pain management doc decided I should stay on narcotics. I'm off the Avinza, but he handed me a script for 60 percocets. I'm going back for another epidural injection, so maybe this will be enough to control the pain.

I know I had the option to say no to the percs but I was so concerned about the morphine withdrawal, I thought they were an answer. Gotta take it a day at a time now.

Thanks to all for reading and for the advice.

Stager
Old 11-10-2005, 08:27
Banned

ContnWantn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

I need some inventive ideas... swim will be out of his pills on thursday and he has been taking 300mg mscontin per day... can't get more for 12 days...

Doesn't want to hit head on into withdrawl...

would ghb help, anything else....

What about if he took some mdma....

He says he already knows about imodium, t3's, kratom, but none of these will do for him,...

He needs some more opiates fast, he wanted someone to ask......

any ideas brothers and sisters....

Old 12-10-2005, 00:25

29 y/o Male
gr3y.g00s3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
The only thing I can do is suggest slowing down, that is what I end up
doing it sucks but it's the only way....well that or detoxing which we
all no isn't the thing anyone wants to do. I would just try to stretch
your current stash, maybe even halve pills if you have to...I did this
about 2 months ago....stupid me always does this though. That is my
system, go like crazy get real low and have to slow down hardcore for a
week or two. It's better than w/d anyday lol. GOOD LUCK!

Old 12-10-2005, 00:29

29 y/o Male
gr3y.g00s3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1 Points: 3, Level: 1
oh and I have tried using MDMA for a couple of days to try to avoid the
feeling of w/d. Made me feel better, but still didn't feel that great;
well atleast compared to how I normally feel when I use MDMA when I'm
not detoxing lol...this was only to last 4 days without pills though
lol.
Old 12-10-2005, 00:40
Banned

34 y/o Male
soma is captain of the psychonauts.soma is captain of the psychonauts.
benzos help a bunch for withdrawels... i used 2mg klonopin with 1-2 hydrocodones 3x a day
Old 12-10-2005, 21:15
Gold Member

Male from USA - Maryland
acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
Buy poppy pods online, you can get em' cheap to hold you over for a few days. That is what SWIM was doing when he ran out of his meds...ALWAYS HAVE A FEW EXTRAS ON HAND....Make some tea...SWIM says it will last all day (24hrs)

Of course that will keep the addiction going. To help with W/D's Swim has found that Kratom (10grams made into a tea or taken in caps) 2-3 times a day + 10mgs Valium 3x a day helps out ALOT. Also you can tried wild lettuce (helps more when combined w/ Kratom) and of course make sure you have Ambien, Lunesta, or some other similiar sleep aid for at least 2 weeks. Swim found that the first few days were hell, but sleep was difficult for a few weeks after detoxing.

Useful personal account, metered with real-life advice about replacing addictions and that detox is usually not easy.

Last edited by acolon_5; 14-12-2006 at 13:50. Reason: Cleaning up posts
Old 13-10-2005, 04:06

apsaras6 is an unknown quantity at this point

a couple different ideas pop into my head considering I have been in sorta the same situation. These aren't all good ideas either.
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

1. Get dope

2.clonidine, and some tranqs.

3. Norcos from internet pharmacy(hydrocodone with very little aspirin

4. Detox (with Suboxone or Methadone)

5. The bestis get some Suboxone . Might get sick for a few hours max

6.Ween yourself

7. dope
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">

8.cold turkey aka slow miserable death</BLOCKQUOTE>

good luck</BLOCKQUOTE>Edited by: apsaras6
Old 15-10-2005, 02:29

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
Ok, you said you know about kratom, but have you tried kratom extract? What I do is break off peices of kratom resin and take them like pills. I take as many as needed, and this works GREAT! I would highly recommend it.
Old 17-10-2005, 22:18
Banned

ContnWantn is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
thanks for the help, ofcourse some how at the very last day swim founda good friend that has oc's... mind you they were
(Price removed) each for an 80.... but as you can imagine swim wasn't worried anymore...lol... or mabye I shouldn't lol... it wasn't funny the day before...

Now ofcourse swim took 2 the first day and 4 the next, 5 there after and 5 again, followed by guess how many 5......

Man this is addicting shit for swim... he gets carried away...

but only takes them orally crushed up into a powder...

what a way to start the day 3crushed up downd with grapefruit juice...at 830am, but then 2pm rolls around and he gets all low again and down so is forced to take 2more with only a little boost....

I wonder if he prep'd them for inj but instead did IM inj. would he be able to use half the dose he' sbeen using?

he's still to afraid of iving.. anything.

Would he be better off taking h orally or rectally?

would it be more cost effective and same good feeling or different.

He's a bit pissed off because he ordered 100gram of super kratom from (source removed) and I guess because of his high tollerance to opiates it didn't do much at all... but he's pissed because he ordered more soon after receiving it so he wouldn't run out if that was all he could find...

payed (Price removed) for 100gr of (super)

and payed (Price removed) for 250 gr of (xtra strength)

and putting the two bags side by side they look exactly the same consistency... absolutely no difference...

so in his mind he got way over charged on the super...

I remember reading someone else had the same thing...

anyone?

thanks everyone, he appreciates it so much too...

Last edited by Smeg; 26-02-2013 at 03:26. Reason: Price and source.
Old 17-10-2005, 23:59

Male
sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.sands of time probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7 Points: 2,598, Level: 7
With a tolerance to opiates, kratom is not gonna do you much good. Pricewise, you would probably be better off buying opiates. Kratom is better for keeping the opiate withdrawls in check, and if you choose, to quit opiates all together without 4 days in hell.

Sources should not be posted here, but was his extra strength ground or crushed? I bought the crushed extra strength and ground it myself. The quantity is greater and I think the super strength is just ground xtra strength. Extra strength is the way to go in my opinion, but XXXXXX offer much cheaper stuff. I heard a rumor that XXXXX was banning kratom sales though.

Last edited by Forthesevenlakes; 29-09-2006 at 06:48.
Old 16-09-2006, 09:55

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
threads merged...might move them to recovery section too.
Old 20-09-2006, 21:53
Gold Member

Male from USA - Maryland
acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.acolon_5 probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3 Points: 629, Level: 3
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%
A few notes: When SWIM was trying to cut down on his opiate use...WILD LETTUCE in addition to opiates is amazing. One can get off easily with a wild lettuce tea and only enough opiates to keep away the w/d's. This in conjunction with kratom and/or bezo's (valium worked best for SWIM because of memory loss) can take one down very quickly w/o the mental addiction getting in the way, much less the physical addiction. Just a thought...it worked for SWIM. By itself wild lettuce is not much to talk about, but with a few benadryls and small amounts of opiates it is wonderful!
Old 20-09-2006, 21:56

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Interesting. Wild lettuce is marketed as having "opiate-like effects" sometimes, but most anectodal reports say that it does little to nothing on its own. SWIM wonders how much it contributed if there were other drugs used, or if it were somehow potentiating, or potentiated by, the others. Did swiy notice a difference between use of opiates alone, use of wild lettuce alone, and use of them together?
Old 21-09-2006, 02:24

Male
rocco_blitz is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Well as all swiy"s no the power of suggestion can be a long road and a miserable one as well..Swim"s experience with opiates as he/she regrets is all good until swim ran out.Now for swim he/she couldnt afford to buy other stuff off the streets such as (dog-food),h oxy"s and so on and so on.But in swims experiences he/she has found as the above mentioned with the benzos to help cope with the w/d. As with swim this is as for many others a vicious cycle for those who just get through and the ones actually trying to kick it.Swim is saying that for the ones just trying to get through till the next script and the one trying to kick it try the above mentioned methadone,and maybe benzos as these help swim get through the end of month cycles........
Old 21-09-2006, 06:49

Male
benzos can really be a great asset for getting rest and being able to appear in social situations during a harsh kick.

HOWEVER, one must be careful not to rely on them too much. try not to take them on consecutive days. try not to take them all day. try not to have to use them to sleep for weeks on end during and after the kick.

because while opiate withdrawal can make you wish you were dead, benzo withdrawal is much worse, and CAN actually kill you! so the key would be to use utmost caution and not swap one addiction for another!
Old 17-10-2006, 21:57
Gold Member

48 y/o Male from United Kingdom
AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.AceOvArts probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3 Points: 459, Level: 3
Re: Easing morphine withdrawal?

If swim had this problem he would open up to the doc and explain exactly his fears, maybe the doc could help withdrawl and perscribe a non opiate based pain killer. Opiate withdrawl sure does suck (and that comes from a very mild abuser of opiates)
Old 18-10-2006, 07:48

Male

SWIM might also ask his doctor about the therapeutic potential of buprenorphine if a strong painkiller is necessary, since it is used to wean people off opiates and supposedly has less potential for abuse. But Ace is right, there are many non-opiate options for pain control that could be discussed with ones doctor. Anything from NSAIDs to steroid hormones, to (sometimes) benzodiazepines (but these are addictive), to dissociatives like DXM and ketamine.
Old 13-03-2008, 10:25
Silver Member

34 y/o Female
Appallation is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

SWIM goes through withdrawl each week as their GP is reducing (rather qicikly) her morhine sulphate modified release. However I have taken to crushing the pills in a shot glass and drinking them down with wate. This gets them into her system faster, it also has the advantage of leaving ones system quickly too, thereby reducing the withdrawl sysptoms. SWIM took to crushing the pills after suffering proper horrid withdrawl symtoms when she stopped taking the modified release pills. Now she takes more co-codomol the day after she runs out and the withdrawl is minimal provided she only takes say 20mg the day before she is going to run out. Just feel a little irritable and restless - but it's no more than a mild case of PMS and the co-codomol helps as well as helping the pain.

The only thing is she is left in considerable pain for a few days before the next (ever decreasing) prescription. SWIM wonders though if she should tolerate some pain every day and make the morphine last or continue to have 3-4 pain controled days and withdraw each week?
Old 17-03-2008, 03:11
Silver Member

22 y/o Male from United States
cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.cra$h really knows their shit.
Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6 Points: 2,019, Level: 6
Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8% Activity: 1.8%

i doubt this would help, but lot of tums. start feeling sick take 2, feel it again, take another and so forth. swim has only used this for someone without a tolerance, but i guess the same priciples could be applied
Old 18-03-2008, 22:08

33 y/o Male from Thailand
mad_dog needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.

I take moderate doses of Morphine (60 - 80 mgs per day) for a medical condition and once or twice a week double dose or snort a load but even after a three month strech I can stop and feel no withdrawl at all. Are some people less likely to be prone to addiction problems with opiates?
Old 27-03-2008, 00:45

Male
DeadGeneral should review received reputation comments.
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1

SWIM's buddy had a pretty bad mofo addiction until a few weeks ago. Said friend purchased 6 lortabs...ate half of one in the morning upon waking up and the other half just before going to bed so as to be able to sleep. He described the experience as "I still feel like shit, but that's good as opposed to feeling like I'm dying." He is still clean.

Share this on:

Tags
morphine detox, morphine withdrawal, withdrawals