Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Amphetamine > Methamphetamine
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

View Poll Results: Can a person ever successfully kick a meth addiction?
Yes, completely 4 80.00%
Will always at some point go through a relapse 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13-12-2009, 15:31

41 y/o Male
Montya should review received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Slamming Meth

Hi I am curious about the effects of slamming meth as opposed to smoking it. Also what is the main rush of injecting?
Old 30-12-2009, 00:14
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Female from United States
Lissa_rx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1
Re: Slamming Meth

ahhh... Slamming meth is heaven sent. When swim first did it it felt like a rollercoaster rush. SWIM coughed and felt the heat wave from head to toe. Swim has a friend shoot her up and used to think of him has god. How can this feeling of pure bliss exsist outside of heaven? It mellows you out and it's like it sedates you for a bit. And leaves a chemical taste on your tongue. Smoking it has very little to no danger except the obvious. Slamming it is very dangerous and painful if you don't know what to do.

Lissa_rx added 9 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

sorry, submitted too early anyway, the effects are very different. The euphoria created is indescribable. It's like a wave of knowing that everything will be alright. Swim doesn't get high from smoking but smokes anyway bc it's easier. When swim does a shot, she's talkative and very friendly, she is otherwise quiet and obviously annoyed. But the come down can be very nasty. Swim recomends eating to help the ugly strung out feeling. When shooting it drink water often, your viens will hurt and feel weak.

Last edited by Benga; 30-12-2009 at 07:24. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2010, 05:48

28 y/o Male from United States
intellaesthetic is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1

SWIM has IVed many substances, however he's only slammed meth a couple times. SWIM doesn't know if his shots may have not been large enough because he didn't get a 'rush' as he would with cocaine for example, but it is definitely a good high. Compared to smoking it is a little different, but only in the subtle nuances that an experienced user would notice. As far as which method would be SWIM's preferred, he'd have to say a little of both. Ideally he'd like to slam a decent sized banger directly before a good smoking sesh.

SWIM also agrees with Lissa_rx's friend that it is a much more dangerous method of administration. It also hurts considerably more than any other substance SWIM has banged. SWIM is not trying to dissuade usage, but urges one to be gentle and steady with the needle tip and depress the plunger with ease. Hope this helps.
Old 13-01-2010, 15:00

Male
Bineezy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1 Points: 7, Level: 1

This is a subject that is baffling the hell out of me. SWIM was an avid IV user about 5 years ago when he discovered that blissful euphoric and VERY VERY EROTIC blast from the needle. SWIM used the rig for about 1 year and ended up moving up north to where most people have never heard of the magic crystal before, and so subsequently had to quit using. SWIM was doing 2-5 blasts a day. each blast being a 10th to a quarter gram. (SWIM had to build up to this tolerence, as a .1g used to be enough to send SWIM flying for many hours).

SWIM just got a package from SWIMs mother 2 days ago. Just a .5g (very pricy now-a-days, i might add) and promptly loaded up the needle with a .1g, longing, anticipating that beautiful heavenly feeling. But, to no avail. I experienced no rush, I didnt cough. I miss that cough. I didnt taste it, i miss that taste.

Confused, I packed up a .2g. again. no rush.
son of a bitch WTF is going on here? Now Im pissed. I loaded up the very last of the shiot. my last .2g Slammed it again. No rush at all.

I dont know what is wrong with this stuff now adays but I got no rush. I slammed a half a gram in less than 1 hour. Shit. now im just really spun. That was 2 days ago, and not a wink of sleep in sight. I did all the usual stuff I do when im high off of slamming it. clean my house, fix that cabinet door....etc.

the only reason i had the package sent to me was for that rush. I dont like not being able to sleep for a week. I just wanted that sexy euphoric rush. I also found that when i was intimate with my girlfriend I was very horny but it took much coaxing to get erect.

I used to slam that stuff 5 years ago and get a hard on so strong i wanted to knock a hole in the wall and have sex with it.

Nope. Not any more..... things just aint the way they used to be

Im thinking maybe it has something to do with the stereo-isomers of the crystals. I think we are getting the less potent racemic meth, as opposed to the good old D-meth i think i was so fond of...

any imput on this mystery would be appreciated
Old 19-01-2010, 09:30

25 y/o Female from United States
Lissa_rx is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1 Points: 22, Level: 1

SWIM loves that choking cough where it feels like your brain is having a minor seizure. She feels your pain when your disapointed and frustrated from a lame shot. That's happened to her(a very) few times. She think it's the potency of it. Swim and another buddy would throw down about .7-.8 and it would knock their socks off. But has recently noticed that other batches tend to be smoother and don't have that sexy feel good rush that one gets used to.
Old 29-03-2010, 00:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
SaintMclane is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Finding the balance is the key. Not enough and you won't even know you did any till you start talking someones head off. You do too much and you'll get super nauseous, dizzy and break into a cold sweat. But when you find that perfect quant, cough a little then your eyes go crossed for a sec you'll know you have just found a whole new drug. You will never forget that feeling.
Old 29-03-2010, 08:27
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Virginia
Pumpkin is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

of course SWIY seems experienced in the intravenous realm, but SWIM must ask this. SWIY didnt miss the vein rite? if u did u would feel a hella burn that i feel you prolly already know about. SWIM did around half a .1g shot about 7 hours ago and definitely missed a lil bit, it burned worse than anything hes ever shot, and didnt get any rush. but then shot the second haf about 5-10 minutes later and got the satisfaction i was longing for(still not THAT much of a rush though).
FYI - amphetamines in general arent SWIMs drug of choice. he just couldnt find any opiates/anything else at all. He would rather have opiates anytime, as long as its not too exp and enough to satisfy SWIM.
Old 29-03-2010, 09:08

Male from Germany
Motorheadey should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1 Points: 36, Level: 1

Just curious what exactly makes you cough after slamming?
Old 29-03-2010, 10:00
Silver Member

24 y/o Male from USA - Virginia
Pumpkin is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1 Points: 60, Level: 1

First, these are SWIMS opinions, if u think SWIM is wrong. than please just correct me, although swim believes almost all of this rant is just personal opinions.
part one of your question. smoked vs. intravenous
smoked is the most short-lived way of ingesting. swim isnt sure anymore though because its been a while since he has smoked without shooting or having already shot something. smoking it also tends to have more negative side effects than other routes of administration. SWIM always feel more tweeked out, jaw moving everywhere, and just generally weirded out, bored, and jittery. before SWIM ventured to the needle he would almost always snort it. sometimes he would eat his stuff. he has smoked his fair share, but he hardly ever burned on his stash. preferred snorting.
shooting meth does have a really good rush. for swim is accompanied with hours of anxiety/longing for that initial rush and actively doing a whole lot of nothing. (posting on DF, talking to everybody and their brother, cleaning, etc.)
in short. SWIY would snort it unless swiy: have used a needle before, or are ready to keep using needles. cuz as soon as swiy uses a needle, swiy is gonna keep using it. SWIM has never heard of a one-time iv abuser

Pumpkin added 34 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

SWIM doesnt recall ever coughing from slamming anything. If that is the case, SWIY prolly shot up some particles that shouldnt be in your iv preparation, as i heard the additives/contaminants that are banged end up in your lungs(ex. fillers in pills). im guessing that goes for anything that dont dissolve in your bloodstream. SWIM believes this only goes for iv use. if it was shot IM, then he thinks it would mostly stay in/around the muscle, rite? or would it maybe slowly get processed/breakdown? wouldn't it need to be metabolized to breakdown? i know we arent talking about a certain substance and that the type of chem can be a big factor, but for the sake of argument lets say its something like "magnesium stearate" which i believe is a common filler/ingredient in pills.

Last edited by Pumpkin; 29-03-2010 at 10:00. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 30-03-2010, 12:00
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Starting with ROA with longest lasting effect/least rush on the left, ending with ROA with strongest rush/least lasting effects generally speaking.

Oral > Nasal > Rectal (not positive if this is a very common ROA with meth) > Inhalation > IM or SC injection (horrible, horrible idea for meth) > IV injection

SWIM agrees with this information, and finds it referenced all the time throughout this forum and others.

SWIM only has one thing to say about smoking methamphetamine when compared to other ROAs. Although he is high, he always tends to keep on smoking and smoking. This could lead a user to think that smoking is the ROA that has the least lasting effects. People's bodies can react differently than others on occasion, and two people can have totally different personal reactions/perceptions when taking the same substance.
Old 30-03-2010, 22:31

Male from United States
mikethekoala is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

For some reason, swim always continue smoking just to see the clouds, regardless of whether swim wants to get higher or not.

As far as duration of the high, swim honestly has no clue how long swim stays high for because swim can fall asleep on the stuff fairly easily. Swim used to have "bedtime bowls" until he realized that it was a complete waste to just fall asleep during swim's high, and swim might as well just wait until morning to get going again.

Swim often considers shooting, but it seems like that might send swim straight to addict hell, and that's no where swim wants to go right now considering he just got his life pretty straightened out.
Old 31-03-2010, 01:46
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.mbarnes0 is captain of the psychonauts.
Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2 Points: 350, Level: 2
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Well addict hell is straight where it will send SWIY, believe SWIM. This has a largely to do with an individual's will power as well. To SWIM addiction is at least 90% mental and that's the part of the addiction that's hell.
Old 07-04-2010, 23:56
Banned

Male
deadheadale should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

its the greatest and later on the most horrible thing you will ever do... just dont over do it and swim should have a hell of a time
Old 07-06-2010, 15:53

41 y/o Male
Montya should review received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

Thanks for the advice for swim
Old 05-04-2012, 21:33
Banned

JakeWilster should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

It's a hard habit to kick. I'm going on 5 months with no Tina but that needle going in and that rush.. it's a son of a bitch to kick and the cravings are always there but you gotta keep a strong mind set. Mind over matter.. it's not that easy.. but ugh everyone can do it

JakeWilster added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Right now I'm doing my best to move forward and continue my day but that rush that you get after slamming it's haunting me every second and I don't know why today out of all the days when I am trying to focus on applying for places to find myself a job. It sucks man I hate this!

Last edited by JakeWilster; 05-04-2012 at 21:33. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-04-2012, 22:16
Titanium Member

54 y/o Female from United States
ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.ratgirldjh really adds to the discussion.
Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3 Points: 482, Level: 3

back in the day (lol) my rattie girl used to get the 'speed oil' from some people who made bath-tub speed. this was an oily yellow/reddish liquid that they would inject.

the rush she remembers was like breathing fire! she never tried shooting up any of the 'newer' speeds but much preferred snorting them to smoking which made her mouth and lungs feel weird.

my rattie girl found that she had to move away from where she lived to get away from using speed since where she was living it was everywhere. for a few days she slept a lot and drank a lot of coffee and the coffee seemed to help actually it sort of 'took the place' of the speed if that makes sense.

she still thinks about the old days speed oil fondly though
Old 05-04-2012, 23:03
Banned

JakeWilster should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Yeah I used to get some pure Tina straight from the HA (( Hells Angels )). I used to do favors for them if I didn't have any cash and they'd stopped selling to me years ago cuz they were afraid I'd turn into something evil and didn't want me around it. It's crazy but also amazing that they cared so much about me and wanted something better for my life. I was a stubborn kid back then. About 16 or 17 years of age I believe and I just wanted the dope but man.. it's a lot better to stay off. It's just a son of a B*tch to think about that good ole rush you get from slamming AHHH hahaha addiction is a tough thang but we're all strong minded and eventually all of us can get off if we wanted to. I am happier not stressing so dang much about my batch getting smaller and smaller. It's been a rough 5 months but it seems to be getting easier. Just some days the devil attacks and it's hard to think about anything else. Reading books to playing the piano to coloring (( not kidding )) haha coloring kids books hahaha just to not think about slamming.. but you gotta do what you gotta do and besides it's hard having an addiction when you're in a serious relationship and your spouse has never done drugs or can relate to it. I love my girlfriend to death and I'm grateful because she's been there from day one! She's amazing!
Old 03-05-2012, 00:57
Banned

34 y/o Male from United States
zgoat65 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intellaesthetic View Post
SWIM has IVed many substances, however he's only slammed meth a couple times. SWIM doesn't know if his shots may have not been large enough because he didn't get a 'rush' as he would with cocaine for example, but it is definitely a good high. Compared to smoking it is a little different, but only in the subtle nuances that an experienced user would notice. As far as which method would be SWIM's preferred, he'd have to say a little of both. Ideally he'd like to slam a decent sized banger directly before a good smoking sesh.

SWIM also agrees with Lissa_rx's friend that it is a much more dangerous method of administration. It also hurts considerably more than any other substance SWIM has banged. SWIM is not trying to dissuade usage, but urges one to be gentle and steady with the needle tip and depress the plunger with ease. Hope this helps.
There is NO rush like the one you get from slamming coke. I love the.rush that methamphetamine provided because I could function shortly afterward. Not so with coke. Smoking meth is a good high if you are a seasoned smokers, and know how to get a good hit. And obviously with both methods its always good to have good dope, but the high from running it is unmatched.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:04
Silver Member

28 y/o Female from United States
whatsmynameagain is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1 Points: 133, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeWilster View Post
It's a hard habit to kick. I'm going on 5 months with no Tina but that needle going in and that rush.. it's a son of a bitch to kick and the cravings are always there but you gotta keep a strong mind set. Mind over matter.. it's not that easy.. but ugh everyone can do it

JakeWilster added 1 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

Right now I'm doing my best to move forward and continue my day but that rush that you get after slamming it's haunting me every second and I don't know why today out of all the days when I am trying to focus on applying for places to find myself a job. It sucks man I hate this!

oh, i know just exactly what you're talking about. ewe. i hated it. really hated it. the whole not being able to get over the obbsession for that rush from slamming. i never want to go back there. I remeber feeling like just that obsession alone, that uncontrollable craving for the rush would never go away and i would never be able to have any control over it. i chased that rush, and looking back, i only got it the first few times, after that i was always chasing those first ones but couldnt quite find them. then god flipped a switch in my brain or something cause litterally one day that obsession for the needle was gone. i was clean for a while and have started using again. i have tried slamming it a couple times, but have bad reactions to it, or something. theres no obsession for the needle. it was the best "high" you can get and the worst demon you can take home
Old 13-05-2012, 07:55
Silver Member

Female from Australia
nevergoback is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2 Points: 220, Level: 2
Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9% Activity: 13.9%

Injecting meth is the most beautiful heavenly nirvana. The rush is fucking amazing. That 1 second rush. Its the best feeling in the world.
(from my experience).

Worst thing you'll ever do though. Far more addictive than smoking it. And injecting meth is dangerous and kills and shrinks your veins pretty fucking quick, the shits toxic as fuck.
Old 09-07-2012, 19:49
Silver Member

62 y/o Male from United States
Rachet3375 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1 Points: 26, Level: 1
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

SWIM absolutely loves running meth!!! He always busts a nut and the better the shit the more cum leaks out his dick. SWIM is not a gay feller, but he immediately feels the NEED to have something or someone in his ass. Swim normally limits his adventures to one weekend a month and winds up slamming a g before it's over. The rush is like an out of body exp , hard to really verbalized. Swim did a lot of speed in the 70's, crystal, desoxyn( yellow dog ) and other shit. The rush has always been the goal and swim has never been disappointed.
Old 23-01-2013, 20:28

23 y/o Male from United States
tschevy44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7% Activity: 0.7%

I wanted to fuckin do it and feeling kike a champ I said fuck it and I dropped the whole rock that weighed .65, more than half a gram, in the spoon.. I put the water on it, sane process.. different results. It was over 50 thick and had .65 grams of glass in it and I registered immediantly..I pushed the plunger down and I thought I had died.. the burn, oh my god the burn.. the cough, the most intense head change ive ever experienced.. I fell to my knees, couldn't see a thing, my eyes were shaking back and forth in my head and my whole body is moving with it.. I'm on the floor.. I'm having a orgasm, ejaculated in my pants, it sounds like people are whispering all around me.. it looks like the lights are flickering... I lay there for about ten minutes, almost crying can't see, can't breath... fuck, can't even move but I'm in heaven.. finalky I come around and put had my hands on top of the counter and pull myself up and then, when I seen myself in the mirror, it was supernatural... I was perfect.. my jaws were locked so hard I couldn't get them apart my eyes had no color, all pupil, they were shaking back and forth and I was trying with everything I had to just take breath after breath... and looking in the mirror at myself in this state of extacy ill never forget... I said oh my god.. oh my god.. this is real. I feel like I just died but I feel better than I ever have.. I just sat there with my knees on the floor and holding myself up by the counter looking at my own face for about thirty minutes... I had a new way of life
Old 24-01-2013, 01:49
Silver Member

30 y/o Female from United States
Nicnac is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1 Points: 142, Level: 1
Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6% Activity: 7.6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgoat65 View Post
There is NO rush like the one you get from slamming coke. I love the.rush that methamphetamine provided because I could function shortly afterward. Not so with coke. Smoking meth is a good high if you are a seasoned smokers, and know how to get a good hit. And obviously with both methods its always good to have good dope, but the high from running it is unmatched.
What the heck am I doing wrong then? Meth gives me an incredible rush that can last for so long. Every time I've tried injecting coke though I'm barely aware I took anything let alone getting a rush from it. How much are you putting in the shot? In general do you need more coke in a shot than you put of meth in a shot?

Nicnac added 10 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin View Post
SWIM doesnt recall ever coughing from slamming anything. If that is the case, SWIY prolly shot up some particles that shouldnt be in your iv preparation, as i heard the additives/contaminants that are banged end up in your lungs(ex. fillers in pills). im guessing that goes for anything that dont dissolve in your bloodstream. SWIM believes this only goes for iv use. if it was shot IM, then he thinks it would mostly stay in/around the muscle, rite? or would it maybe slowly get processed/breakdown? wouldn't it need to be metabolized to breakdown? i know we arent talking about a certain substance and that the type of chem can be a big factor, but for the sake of argument lets say its something like "magnesium stearate" which i believe is a common filler/ingredient in pills.

You've never coughed from IVing? If I don't cough that means my shot wasn't big enough! The meth gets in your blood which circles through your lungs and immediately I feel them fill up and am forced to cough. That amazing rush isn't amazing to me if I didn't have to cough.

Last edited by Nicnac; 24-01-2013 at 01:49. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 24-01-2013, 05:59
Banned

33 y/o Female from USA - Nevada
SB1981 is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Best feeling I've ever had! Once you slam it, that's it. Most don't ever go back to the pipe. I thought I'd like to do both ROA's...yeah right. lol
Old 24-01-2013, 20:45

41 y/o Female from Australia
FlyHigher should review received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Is my IV using hamster correct in thinking that "slamming" meth refers specifically to using meth INTRAVENOUSLY? My hamster is very experienced in slamming meth and tells me he doesn't think anyone who has felt the pain of missing the vein would EVER consider purposely using meth either subcutaneously (sometimes called "skin-popping" he tells me) or IM with a needle. He tells me the burn and pain created would be absolutely hellish. Not to mention the damage you would be doing to your body. My hamster wants to say to SWIH in this thread who has referred to a burning pain while slamming meth: YOU HAVE MISSED THE VEIN. Even missing the tiniest amount of your shot will HURT SO BAD IT WILL BE OBVIOUS WHAT YOU HAVE DONE WRONG, so he tells me. In the early days of him slamming meth my hamster would often draw back and upon seeing blood in the syringe would depress the plunger only to find during this process the needle had gone through the other side of the vein, or come out of the vein. Resulting in a waste of his shot, TERRIBLE burning pain and swelling with a nice big, and painful, "bump". Done absolutely correctly (into a relatively healthy vein) my hamster (who now uses up to half a gram IV at once, with tolerance) says you should feel absolutely NO PAIN, except for the tiny prick felt as the needle pierces the skin. He would like to add if you are new to using meth intravenously NEVER, EVER, EVER consider using half a gram at once. Consult the dosage guide @ Erowid, starting with maybe half a point (0.05 of a gram as opposed to 0.5 of a gram) depending on your tolerance from previously smoking or snorting meth. If you are just starting out slamming meth, my hamster suggests that once you think you are in the vein (ie: you draw back on the plunger and get blood in the syringe) that it may be best (once you have your hand in a position to depress rather then draw back on the plunger) to depress the plunger just the tiniest amount you can manage. You won't be wasting much of your shot if it turns out you are not still in the vein, but the intense burning will give you a chance to correct the position of the needle. My hamster has found that rather than drawing back once you are in the vein, in which case if you are not experienced with using IV may result in the needle going through the other side of the vein, or you pulling the whole rig (and therefore the needle) back far enough to not be in the vein anymore, that you withdraw the plunger a tiny amount BEFORE you insert the needle. That way you can already have your hand in the right position to depress the plunger because you won't need to draw back and risk moving the needle. My hamster tells me that once you are in the vein the tiny bit you have left empty at the top of the syringe creates suction and blood will pool at the top of the syringe, or if you hit a nice big vein will create a satisfying "plume" of blood (which my hamster refers to as "coming up roses") in the barrel. Once this has occured, you are in the vein. You will already have your hand in the depress position and can then slowly and gently push down on the plunger without having to create really any movement of the needle at all. This SHOULD, according to my hamster, result in a nice smooth shot, WITHOUT ANY PAIN. If at any time you start to feel a burning pain, STOP. You can in this case, as long as you are quick about it, withdraw the needle and start again. My hamster says if you have inserted the needle with only the tiniest gap at the top (which you have filled with blood post-insertion) if you need to withdraw the needle due to pain, as long as you give the barrel a few good, sharp flicks with your finger, you can start the process again with drawing back another tiny bit before re-insertion, as your venous blood will usually always be darker than what you have in the barrel. My hamster practices good IV technique and has never found the need to use a tourniquet to create a plume in the barrel post-insertion into a major vein. My hamster has no advice as to how to remove a tourniquet once in the vein without creating movement and therefore losing the vein, but hopes the above will help those new to using meth IV without any pain or burning. He says, after a year of regular IV use, the golden rule is: IF YOU FEEL ANY BURNING WHEN USING METH INTRAVENOUSLY, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. My hamster suggests in this case, no matter what, STOP. He says continuing will only result in wasting your shot, further burning and pain, swelling at the site ( a "bump") and serious damage to the tissue around the insertion site. My hamster agrees with others in this thread that meth is a highly toxic substance and unless you are prepared, as a beginner, to having to withdraw the needle completely and start again, you might as well just smoke or snort it. Good IV technique, like any new skill, takes practice to be done properly. If you are a newbie to using meth IV, you CANNOT be expected on your first few tries for everything to go perfectly. My hamster, after a year of slamming meth IV, only now feels confident that he can perform a "perfect shot" on himself. He spent many months suffering burning and bumps/swelling at the site of needle insertion from missing the vein, even if just the tiniest bit. At times being so stubborn in wanting to just depress the plunger and hope for the best that he has wasted his entire shot and created awful pain for himself. HARDLY a euphoric experience, he tells me. That is why he suggests pre-insertion withdrawal of the plunger so you can always start with your hand in a position to depress the plunger, limiting movement, and for your first few times, even if you have created a nice plume, depressing the plunger just a few millimetres (for an "average" shot of 50-60 ccs in a fine-grade rig) waiting 5 seconds to make sure there is no burning and then continuing by slowly and steadily pushing the plunger down. As he explained to me, there is NO ADVANTAGE in slamming it in as quick as you can. In the case of using meth IV, he says, slow and steady wins the race every time. In his experience, you will still get the full effect of using meth intravenously if you take 30 seconds to slowly push down on the plunger (so you can feel if any burning starts) instead of jamming in the whole shot in 5 seconds, without risking messing up and suffering the draw-backs of slamming meth incorrectly already discussed in this post. Not to mention wasting all your shot. Give yourself a chance to start again if needs be. Your body will thank you. Be safe, use a new rig every hit, be extra clean/sterile as you can with everything (eg: wash your hands beforehand, use filtered water in your rig, swab the site with a sterile swab and only very slowly increase the amount of meth you inject over several months depending on your frequency of using. My hamster says he would like to INSIST on adding the most important thing, even if he sounds like a broken record to some people, NEVER, NO MATTER HOW BADLY YOU WANT TO FEEL THAT RUSH, SHARE NEEDLES/RIGS WITH ANYONE. NEVER, EVER. In fact, my hamster will not use a rig unless he has opened the sterile package it comes in with his own two hands and it has never been out of his possession, even for a minute. Even if you are having regular, unsafe sex with someone over a long period and you think that makes it safe to share needles with them, DON'T DO IT. There are blood-borne diseases you can catch from sharing needles that you probably won't catch during unsafe sex. MOST NOTABLY HEPATITIS C. NEVER SHARE YOUR IV GEAR WITH SOMEONE ELSE OR USE THEIRS! NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!!

FlyHigher added 65 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

I realize that writing everything verbatim as my hamster said it to me has maybe allowed my post to go off-topic for this thread, even though it is to do with slamming meth. However, he did sort of turn it into a "slamming harm-reduction" rant!!! He is so persuasive, my little hamster, when he wants to get a point across!! So mods, feel free to move the post to somewhere new IV users might be more likely to read it. Thanks....

Post Quality Evaluations:
Great advice, but please use paragraphs next time.
great advice

Last edited by FlyHigher; 24-01-2013 at 20:45. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Share this on:

Tags
abscess, inject meth, intravenous meth, intravenous methamphetamine, iv meth, iv methamphetamine, shooting meth, shooting methamphetamine