Notices

Old 12-12-2009, 18:01
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Male
Gollump is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1 Points: 19, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
SWIM's First Recreational Dose

SWIM has some prescribed codeine pills, and no longer needs for pain.
SWIM is wondering about a good dosage for his first time recreational use.
SWIM's pills are small, white, and round. Bottle reads APAP with Codeine 30mg.

SWIM is also curious about the amount of APAP and Codeine in this pill as the bottle does not specify.
Old 12-12-2009, 18:58

28 y/o Female
emphiria is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1 Points: 14, Level: 1
Re: SWIM's First Recreational Dose

Does it say anything about "paracetamol" or "acetominaphen" SWIM assumes this is what APAP actually means, but isn't entirley sure.

If it does then more often than not a codiene pill that has apap in them will have 500mg of the stuff.

SWIM has yet to see a codiene/para combo pill that has less than 500mg in it.

Does SWIY's pill have a brand? or a specific name? if so. Try googling it, you can usually find out the ingredients that way.

Also does SWIY have a tolerance to opiates at all? as this would effecta doseage.
Old 12-12-2009, 19:34

25 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by emphiria View Post
Does it say anything about "paracetamol" or "acetominaphen" SWIM assumes this is what APAP actually means, but isn't entirley sure.

If it does then more often than not a codiene pill that has apap in them will have 500mg of the stuff.

SWIM has yet to see a codiene/para combo pill that has less than 500mg in it.

Does SWIY's pill have a brand? or a specific name? if so. Try googling it, you can usually find out the ingredients that way.

Also does SWIY have a tolerance to opiates at all? as this would effecta doseage.
Yes, the APAP means Acetaminophen. The only info on SWIM's bottle is APAP with Codeine 30mg, take 1-2 tablets by mouth every 4-6 hours if needed for pain. SWIM was only prescribed 16 tabs and still has six left, he has 6 left, he's only averaged 2 pills before bed the last 5 days so SWIM believes he has no tolerance. SWIM has read info on the pill (Acetaminophen codeine phosphate) and believes the strengths to be 300mg/30mg APAP/Codeine, according to an online drug info site.

Any recommendations for SWIM on how many he should take for his first recreational use?
Old 12-12-2009, 20:51

28 y/o Female

hmmm SWIY never got a buzz off just 60mg?

if they are 300mg APAP then taking 4 would be 1200 which is a safe daily dose. The max dose is 4000mg in a day for future referance.

at 4 of the pills you'd be at 120mg codiene and 1200mg APAP

My lesser spotted fruit fly has a fairly high tolerance to codiene, and around the 100-200 mark is where they get a buzz.
For someone who hasnt built a tolerance it suggests 3-4 for a first time. Make sure to tell SWIY to wait for about an hour for any effects, everyone is a little different when it comes to this though.
My fruit fly says it takes them about 15 minutes for a high dose to kick in and start giving them effects, but for some it can be up to an hour or even instant. It all depends.

Any other fruit fly's offer some advice?
Old 12-12-2009, 21:34

25 y/o Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by emphiria View Post
hmmm SWIY never got a buzz off just 60mg?

if they are 300mg APAP then taking 4 would be 1200 which is a safe daily dose. The max dose is 4000mg in a day for future referance.

at 4 of the pills you'd be at 120mg codiene and 1200mg APAP

My lesser spotted fruit fly has a fairly high tolerance to codiene, and around the 100-200 mark is where they get a buzz.
For someone who hasnt built a tolerance it suggests 3-4 for a first time. Make sure to tell SWIY to wait for about an hour for any effects, everyone is a little different when it comes to this though.
My fruit fly says it takes them about 15 minutes for a high dose to kick in and start giving them effects, but for some it can be up to an hour or even instant. It all depends.

Any other fruit fly's offer some advice?
No, SWIM has only gotten pain relief and drowsiness from the 60mg.
SWIM's friend suggested taking 3 a few days ago.
SWIM is pondering on whether he should start of with 3 or 4.
SWIM is also considering saving them for a rainy day lol

Gollump added 3 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

SWIM is also wondering if one's high from codeine would be noticeable by other persons? Such as bloodshot/glazed eyes and other things?

Last edited by Gollump; 12-12-2009 at 21:34. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-12-2009, 22:30

28 y/o Female

SWIM's experiences have been such that no one has ever known unless she tells them. Though SWIM has VERY dark brown eyes, so it's very hard to see if theres a change in the pupil size. Hopefully someone with lighter eyes can comment.

SWIM would say that the only thing she has seen that could be noticable to others is how they act. SWIM gets very happy and relaxed and very "ahhhhhhhhhhhh everythings sooooo gooooood" type of thing. She does notice that her vision can get slow.....as in what shes looking at catches up to her a second later when she moves her head.....so perhaps bloodshot eyes may happen. Explain it away with being overtired
Old 13-12-2009, 00:26

Male from Canada
codeine is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1 Points: 21, Level: 1

SWIM agrees with emphiria, maybe once or twice in a year has someone mentioned SWIM's eyes or something, and he easily made some excuse about being tired and the person immediately forgot about it.

I wouldn't be too worried. It's kind of funny at times SWIM is sooo high on codeine and not one person will notice. Of course no one expects anyone to abuse codeine really, or to most people it is relatively unheard of.
Old 18-12-2009, 01:31

Male from United Kingdom
digsty should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.

Ok heres my question .. someone who i know has 8mg - 500mg cocodamol tablets sitting around maybe 100 - 200 of them prescribed by the doctor for his medical problems.
Would he need to do any extraction, but to be honest he told me he can't be bothered.
So could he just bomb aload of these tablets and get a buzz? And is there any problems not dumping the paracetamol?
Old 18-12-2009, 13:45
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Well if you just popped 8-10 of those pills without "dumping the paracetamol" then you'll most likely get APAP poisoning and have liver damage.

So no, the 500mg/8mg type of pills HAVE to be extracted in order to get high.
Old 18-12-2009, 14:07
Gold Member

24 y/o Male from Earth
Nnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline MedlineNnizzle must mainline Medline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollump View Post
Yes, the APAP means Acetaminophen. The only info on SWIM's bottle is APAP with Codeine 30mg, take 1-2 tablets by mouth every 4-6 hours if needed for pain. SWIM was only prescribed 16 tabs and still has six left, he has 6 left, he's only averaged 2 pills before bed the last 5 days so SWIM believes he has no tolerance. SWIM has read info on the pill (Acetaminophen codeine phosphate) and believes the strengths to be 300mg/30mg APAP/Codeine, according to an online drug info site.

Any recommendations for SWIM on how many he should take for his first recreational use?
Not sure exactly what that last part means, but my dog assumes it means there are 30mg of codeine and 300mg of APAP. With painkillers, generally the ratio of opioid/opiate:acetaminophen will be quite small (way more APAP). Emphiria said it best that 100-200 is basically a threshold dose, 200 would probably be pretty great for a first timer with no tolerance. Be careful about the acetaminophen though, 2g a day is recommended, no more than 1g at a time, but to be honest with a healthy liver you can get away with it once a while. This wiki Cold Water Extraction of Opioids gives good details on getting most of the APAP out of the pills to avoid toxicity.

As far as obvious highs go, my dog's experience says that the only thing anybody would notice is tiny pupils, but that seems to be relatively dose dependent. Generally, when he is a bit high, he will have smaller pupils, but not incredibly small... the higher he feels the smaller they will get, which makes sense as usually his vision is a bit "off" after a large dose. Nevertheless, unless someone is having a conversation with you 3 feet away it's difficult to notice, plus even if someone did they probably wouldn't think twice.
Old 18-12-2009, 17:24
Palladium Member

28 y/o Male from Canada
I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.I_8_my yellow crayon must live here.
Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5 Points: 1,362, Level: 5
Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5% Activity: 0.5%

Nice post nnizzle. Those are just generic tylenol 3's from the states. In Canada they are 30mg codeine/ 15mg caffeine/ 325 mg acetaminophen. States, they have no caffeine.

Note: Since I have been neg repped on this information before. Bottles of T3's in Canada do have caffeine. It depends on what pharmacy they are filled at. Some pharmacy's put the caffeine on the bottle, some don't, How does SWIM know, he asked when he was getting the prescription filled. He also asked why sometimes the bottle says caffeine and sometimes it don't. She replied that sometimes depending on who's working, it will either be there, or not. SWIM said, what if someone is allergic to caffeine and the bottle doesn't have it on there, she replied, that is up to your doctor to know that your allergic to caffeine, and he should know to prescribe a different pain reliever. She also said they only have to put the main active ingredients. In the states however, SWIM believes thier is no caffeine in Tylenol 3's

If Swiy has never taken another opiate dose before then, SWIM suggests 90mg(3). SWIY will be surprised. He should also make sure he's not allergic to codeine. If this dose doesn't do it for a first timer, then SWIY has a lack of the liver enzymes that are needed to process the codeine, which is about 9-11% of people.

Yes, people will know SWIY took something. Because he will have dilated pupils, be talkative, and will be itchy. This is in most cases. SWIY should be alone if for some reason he is trying to hide his usage.

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is acurate information.They DO contain caffeine in Canada.Hope this makes up for past mistakes.

Last edited by I_8_my yellow crayon; 19-12-2009 at 05:54. Reason: spelling
Old 18-12-2009, 17:28

Male from United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboCodeine7610 View Post
Well if you just popped 8-10 of those pills without "dumping the paracetamol" then you'll most likely get APAP poisoning and have liver damage.

So no, the 500mg/8mg type of pills HAVE to be extracted in order to get high.
Thanks alot great info, swim did think this but wasn't sure. Is there anything my friends cat can get over the counter in the uk which doesnt need any extraction work??
Old 18-12-2009, 18:56
Palladium Member

43 y/o Male from England
Space Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumSpace Numpty is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11 Points: 5,934, Level: 11
Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9% Activity: 6.9%

Quote:
Originally Posted by digsty View Post
Thanks alot great info, swim did think this but wasn't sure. Is there anything my friends cat can get over the counter in the uk which doesnt need any extraction work??
Short answer is no, sadly not. Cold water extraction of the codiene is pretty straightforward however, just a pain in the ass. If SWIY is feeling rich, SWIM says the most powerful OTC tablets that are available in the UK without a perscription are Paramol (500mg Paracetamol,Dihydrocodeine Tartrate 7.46mg). Dihydrocodiene is generally regarded as being about twice as potent as Codiene and these pills have no caffeine. Note however that these pills will require cold water extraction if taken in volume, if SWIY wants to avoid liver damage.
Old 18-12-2009, 19:40

Male from United Kingdom

could SWIM just take 4 of them and be ok?
Old 18-12-2009, 20:32
Silver Member

Male from Spain
RoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPACRoboCodeine7610 must think in IUPAC
Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8 Points: 3,391, Level: 8
Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7% Activity: 2.7%

Quote:
could SWIM just take 4 of them and be ok?
No, it would be bad for our liver if taken at once.Plus, 32mg of codeine will not yield any positive effects.Just do a CWE on 10-15 of them, it's worth the extra time.

Robo
Old 19-12-2009, 22:09

Male from United Kingdom

lol ok so my cat would take around 10 - 15 cocodamol 8mg = 500mg tabs and do a cwe?

Share this on:

Tags
acetaminophen, apap, apap toxicity tolerance, codeine, codeine dosage, codeine effects, codeine first time, codeine phosphate, drug, extraction, first time codeine, paramol, recreational dose, recreational use, tylenol, tylenol 3