Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body > Drug combinations
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Drug combinations About mixing drugs.

Old 12-12-2009, 17:08

Male from United States
triplikecrazy should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Adderall and Trazodone

SWIM was wondering what would happen if SWIM took an adderall xr 30mg (no script) and some trazodone(no script) what would happen? would the tired feeling from the trazodone not be there because of the amphetamine? if so how much trazodone?
Old 12-12-2009, 17:54
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

26 y/o Male
kroozer should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1 Points: 16, Level: 1
Re: Adderall and Trazodone

It probably will not work to swiy's advantage unless the trazedone is taken after
addie. Trazedone will probably be over ridden.

Snort both of them at once!

Haha

Post Quality Evaluations:
This is NOT harm reduction advice. Snorting or even taking both medications at the same time is very dangerous. Please do not suggest people do dangerous things, that is not what this site is about.
Old 12-12-2009, 18:48
Silver Member

39 y/o Male from United States
Mista-enigma is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1 Points: 61, Level: 1

Swim is prescribed both of these meds. 30mg Adderall IR and 50mg Trazodone. The Trazodone is to aid in coming down from the addys and to get some sleep.swim would suggest that Swiy take the Traz long after the ingestion of the addy.....just to be safe.Swim doesnt suggest insufflating either of these,mos def not the Trazodone.Adderall seems to have a weaker effect when insufflated.Whatever Swiy does just proceed with caution.Drugz can be bad....Mmmmmk!
Old 13-12-2009, 00:22
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,420, Level: 7 Points: 2,420, Level: 7 Points: 2,420, Level: 7
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

What exactly would be the point of taking these together?
Old 13-12-2009, 02:10

Male from United States
triplikecrazy should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1

just to experiment and see what happens swim guesses
Old 15-12-2009, 23:19
Gold Finger

33 y/o Female from United States
chibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPACchibi curmudgeon must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,420, Level: 7 Points: 2,420, Level: 7 Points: 2,420, Level: 7
Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5% Activity: 5.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplikecrazy View Post
That's a really, really, really bad reason to combine drugs.
Old 16-12-2009, 01:02
Gold Member

Male from United States
staples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medlinestaples must mainline Medline
Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8 Points: 3,146, Level: 8
Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1% Activity: 2.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibi curmudgeon View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by triplikecrazy View Post
That's a really, really, really bad reason to combine drugs.
To be fair, at least he asked about the combination before SWItriplikecrazy actually gave it a try (I assume).

Without a prescription, I can only guess that Trazodone would be taken for it's anxiolytic or sedating qualities, so to answer the question of how much Trazodone a SWIMMER "should" take: if never taken before and with no known drug allergies: 25-50mg would be a starting dose if one were prescribed (50mg is the lowest dose in a single pill, but a Trazodone pill should be serrated). If the SWIMMER has taken Trazodone before and knows they do not have any dangerous allergies/reaction to it then, for the purpose of sedation, dosage should never exceed 150mg (not necessarily for reasons of risking an overdose, just that higher doses won't probably cause stronger sedation, etc... 150 to 400+mg dosages are used to treat depression--but I can't really understand why a SWIMMER would want to do this without consulting a doctor...)

If I understand correctly, Trazodone is water soluble, and so insufflation is a possible route of administration, but I do not know what the purpose would be, nor do I know how dangerous that would be...

Now, my impression is that SWItriplikecrazy is wondering about the recreational potential of combining amphetamine salts with Trazodone (as opposed to someone who uses Adderall without a prescription--e.g, for exams/to study--but finds the effects particularly harsh or something). My guess is that all SWItriplikecrazy knows about Trazodone is that it is used as a sleeping aid, so I think it's appropriate for someone to say that Trazodone doesn't really have recreational potential. It does not have a similar mechanism of action nor is it chemically similar to typical sleeping pills (hypnotic benzodiazepines, sometimes anxiolytic benzodiazepines, or the z-drugs).

So how would Trazodone alter the effects of amphetamine salts? Disappointingly, if the intent is indeed recreation or even if the intent includes experiencing the usual effects of the 30mg extended release of amphetamine salts. The relevant effects of Trazodone when discussing its combination with amphetamines is the antagonistic effect on both 5-HT2A serotonin receptors and α1b adrenergic receptors.

Antagonization of both of these receptors reduces the release of dopamine by amphetamine in the nucleus accumbens. Antagonizing the 5-HT2A receptor should reduce or diminish the feelings of well-being or euphoria caused by amphetamines, and antagonizing the α1b adrenergic receptors should reduce or diminish the rewarding, "strung-out" or hyperactive effect caused by amphetamines. So the result would probably be very mild stimulation, or maybe drowsiness (but likely with some racing thoughts). I don't imagine it would be particularly pleasant, though it probably also wouldn't be terribly unpleasant, it would most likely just bring the SWIMMER closer to a sober state....

I've attached some research discussing the relationship between these two receptor subtypes and their relation to dopaminergic action in the nucleus accumbens.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Thanks and very informative
Well said!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2873.pdf (565.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 1395776a.pdf (256.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 21-10-2011, 00:33
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.sveedish is captain of the psychonauts.

This post looks dead, but I happened to be googling this drug interaction and came upon this. I am prescribed 10 milligrams of Adderall instant release. I take it in the morning and on a busy day I take it in the late afternoon as well. Only once have I taken three throughout the day, I felt extremely strung out and it was an unpleasant experience. I have intermittent insomnia to begin with and Adderall really exacerbates the issue. I have a bunch of Trazadone that I had been prescribed years ago, and a few times have been so awake from Adderall that I've tried to take trazadone on top of it. The result is always the same. I get to sleep but wake up about 3 hours later with a lingering headache...If i'm lucky I can get back to sleep, but I usually still wake up feeling depressed with a hangover like headache. I wondered if maybe the combination of the two increases the risk of dehydration, so the last time I tried this combination I drank a lot of water before bedtime. Yet I still woke up a few hours later, unable to go back to sleep, with a terrible headache.
Old 21-10-2011, 19:58

Male from USA - Louisiana
The Good Guy is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1 Points: 18, Level: 1

Im prescribed both Adderall 30 mgir and Trazadone 100mg and believe the trazadone probably will counteract the amphetaminesand cause drowiness. I am also prescribed Ambien 10mg and find Trazadone a stronger sleeping pill and its primarily an antidepressant. So sorry the its a bad combo and u will fall asleep

Share this on:

Tags
adderall, adderall combinations, adderall xr, aderall, amphetamine, amphetamine salts, amphetamines, drug, drugs, drugs-forum, euphoric, insufflate, insufflated, insufflating, overdose, sleep drugs, snorting, trazadone, trazodone, trazodone combinations

» New Threads
Lets say it takes an hour for tea...
Last post by BellTower72
22 Replies, 533 Views
how much weight have you lost...
Last post by engineering8258
16 Replies, 1,511 Views
Choice between oxycodone and...
Last post by oshngrl
1 Replies, 50 Views
Fooled for years, used, I was the...
Last post by Feelhelpless