Register Tags

Notices

Old 11-12-2009, 06:25
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

25 y/o Female from United States
paisleypomegranates is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1 Points: 58, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
Auditory / visual hallucinations on heroin?

SWIM used to get really loaded and nod out, to wake back up thinking that there were other people there than the one other person i was with. SWIM also used to see glimpses of shadows or people out of her perephrial vision, but never something directly in front of her. has anyone else experienced this?

personally, SWIM thinks that there are spirits on this earth that we aren't able to see unless under a state of mind that is close to death or openly vulnerable. any input? kind of freaks SWIM out to think that she put herself there for such a long time voluntarily.

paisleypomegranates added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

**like, SWIM would hear all sorts of voices, people talking. no history of mental health issues.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Good Q that hasn't been asked

Last edited by paisleypomegranates; 11-12-2009 at 06:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-12-2009, 11:28
Banned

28 y/o Male
chillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond reputechillinwill is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23 Points: 27,071, Level: 23
Re: auditory/visual hallucinations on heroin?

Red Rock has never experienced any of these side effects from his heroin use, but it doesn't seem to be all that uncommon either. Here is another thread related to the same kind of issues: Hearing voices?

Another one related to the heroin hallucinations is The Walking-Off Man
Old 11-12-2009, 21:15
R.I.P.

31 y/o Male from United States
dyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumdyingtomorrow is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13 Points: 8,663, Level: 13
Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0% Activity: 11.0%

SWIM would get auditory hallucinations in the bathroom with running water from the faucet or shower. He often hears what sounds like people fighting, screaming and yelling. He felt like it was more prevalent when he was on heroin.

Never visual hallucinations though, except a couple times when he was on suboxone, and then tried shooting a shitload of heroin to overcome it and get high. It was more like delirium though.
Old 11-12-2009, 21:28
Palladium Member

35 y/o Female from United Kingdom
beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.beena really knows their shit.
Points: 1,935, Level: 6 Points: 1,935, Level: 6 Points: 1,935, Level: 6

YES!!! Certainly auditory hallucinations. SWIM first experienced this after using morphine tablets in large quantities (a precursor to her heroin use). She often stayed up until the early hours of the morning, just chillin' and enjoying the buzz, usually listening to some music and would eventually crash out on the sofa.
More than once doing this she would either just be nodding off or be in a light sleep when she would suddenly hear a voice in her ear. It would be freakily clear and realistic - like the person was standing next to her in the room. On more than one occasion it was her mother's voice she heard and this really freaked her out!
Anyway, SWIM read the blurp that they put in with the packet of medication (it was prescription morphine - MST 30mg tablets - that she was taking at that time, usually about 20+ of them mind), and sure enough it said that one of the possible side effects was 'auditory hallucinations' - so there you go!
Actually, don't think SWIM has experienced them quite as much with heroin but is certain she has a few times - perhaps she doesn't notice them as much these days or is too out of it to remember!
Also, SWIM has definately seen shadowy figures out of the corner of her eyes whilst on drugs, but it's usually after a heavy binge session of crack (with or without heroin), and puts it down largely to sleep-deprivation (although she's sure the drugs played a part too of course!!)
Old 27-12-2009, 13:28
Silver Member

Male
SidMaddox is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1

well, from SWIM's personal experiences, the occassional hallucination (especially auditory) are not all that uncommon, although many people would disagree with me on that.

SWIM has been known to have auditory hallucinations, and also to see those shadows in the peripheral that the poster here mentioned... but often SWIM was very sleep-deprived at the same time, and the hallucinations could be more likely attributed to that than to the dope.

but often, SWIM hears sounds like a large group of people having conversations in a different room of the house, or wierd music coming from someplace that can never be found, or something similar... but as said, it cannot be certain whether it was the dope that caused these things, or sleep deprivation or marijuana which was sometimes used in combination with the dope.

most people that SWIM has asked about the subject have told SWIM that there is absolutely no possibility that heroin would cause hallucinations, but SWIM doesn't necessarily think they are right. perhaps its something only some people experience as a side effect, but SWIM definitely thinks its possible that dope might cause hallucinations like these in some cases.

SidMaddox added 3 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

to add to that, most people SWIM knows claim that mild hallucinations are fairly common when going through withdrawal from heroin, but most people agree that actual heroin use will not cause them. so that's what they say... but "they" have been known to be wrong before.

Last edited by SidMaddox; 27-12-2009 at 13:28. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 29-12-2009, 08:13

22 y/o Female
Black on Black is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

Swim has definitely experienced some sort of delirium while on heroin. Rather dificult to explain, as her memory is not too great. She can best remember shooting up with her now ex and them both passing out in bed. Then Swim would 'dream' that she was at work, and her boss is talking to her, asking her questions. Swim begins answering her boss saying yes that person called and I canceled their appointment. She then suddenly wakes up because her now ex is up again and wanting to get frisky, saying things she doesn't quite understand. She asks him what he is talking about and it turns out, Swim was talking in her 'sleep', which woke him up of his nod. Swim laughs because really for all the past year of her IV h use, she feels as if she has never slept just gone into twelve hour long dope-induced sort of comas. Now that swim is just past withdrawals (which she definitely experienced some hallucination during, due to the lack of sleep and trying to force herself to) She feels as if she has actually slept for the first time in months.

Good explanation
Old 29-12-2009, 20:00
Titanium Member

Female from United States
east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.east_of_eden really adds to the discussion.
Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4 Points: 813, Level: 4
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

swim talked about this in more detail on another thread, but she has had very strange experiences where she goes into a kind of "nod trance state" and thinks she's in another place trying to accomplish some task which is always impossible to do for various reasons.

she tends to think she's in the airport a lot (for some strange reason) and trying to get her baggage. it's like being stuck in a time loop with auditory and visual hallucinations.

^^ that only happens to her when she has a really good shot (IV) and her benzos have kicked in.

However, just the other day on christmas after coming home from her family gathering, she was in her bathroom (alone in the house) and after shooting up she could swear she heard her sisters in the living room talking.

It was so weird, she was really panicked that somehow she wasn't alone, but she thinks that happened because it had been so loud at the christmas party and it was replaying in her head.
Old 05-01-2010, 22:50
Silver Member

25 y/o Male from United States
Ill~Will is learning how to become a psychonaut.

Yes that does happen to swim occasionally, coming out of a
strong nod and start talking about something that makes no
sense to my friends in the real world. Because I was having
a daydream or something.
Old 06-01-2010, 17:27

34 y/o Male from United States
mr.mackey is a decent psychonaut.

Swim's friend was just asking swim about this, because after the first time he got a good shot he told swim that as he was laying in bed he saw the ceiling start to breath, reminiscent of mushrooms..which swim thought was odd, plus he wasnt on anything else at the time, any swimmer's have hallucinations like that? or are they more delirium type hallucinations?
Old 08-01-2010, 02:02

23 y/o Male
Pola Bear is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1

It is probably like an awake dream because of the nod.

Pola Bear added 11 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Or it could be some freaky ass paranormal shit. SWIM was tripping one time and convinced that SWIM was talking to shadows and seeing shadow people. I have read reports about shadow people on the internet. Google it and you will find loads of accounts.

Last edited by Pola Bear; 08-01-2010 at 02:02. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-01-2010, 03:10

Male
MatchNSomeGasoline should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1 Points: 28, Level: 1

If swim stays up all night dope sick and than uses in the morning, swim hallucinates like crazy.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:01
Silver Member

Male from United States
coolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPACcoolhandluke must think in IUPAC
Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7 Points: 2,398, Level: 7
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pola Bear View Post
It is probably like an awake dream because of the nod.

Pola Bear added 11 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Or it could be some freaky ass paranormal shit. SWIM was tripping one time and convinced that SWIM was talking to shadows and seeing shadow people. I have read reports about shadow people on the internet. Google it and you will find loads of accounts.
swim has never hallucinated from heroin directly, but there was a time when he was very addicted to drugs, mostly opiates, but he would do anything in front of him. he started to see spiders (swim is afraid of spiders) in the corners of his eyes, which was more intense in the dark. he would see them crawling over the edges of objects, like coming under the door or crawling out from behind his desk. he was under a lot of legal and personal stress to quit using and thinks a combination of drugs, jail(juvie actually), paranoia, and being on house arrest broke his mind. hes better now. swim thinks that your dream theory sounds logical, however he doesn't think that there are shadow people. maybe its like when you so drunk and you get up from bed, but your still sleeping and you piss in places that your not supposed to, like the closet or something. hes talked to several people who have done that, and he has done it himself.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:07
Silver Member

Male from United States
moclov4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Auditory / visual hallucinations on heroin?

yes, mr. mackey - 2 days ago SWIM got intermittent sleep coupled with a waking up and having a shot every few hours, went about the day, the n unfortunately got less than 1 hr of sleep staying up all night writing a paper, then worked out very hard the next day and had lots of caffeine, SWIM finished off 2 big shots and now swim is about to attempt going to sleep, SWIM definitely experienced the "mushroom"-like visuals when outside smoking a cigarette or randomly throughout the day - SWIM started to nod randomly awhile ago, then SWIM randomly found this thread! SWIM is glad he wasn't the only one, he's starting to feel like his body was being involuntarily controlled! well off to la-la land, hopefully ...
Old 10-09-2011, 13:57
Titanium Member

36 y/o Male from Earth
&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up&rew is on the way up

Back to old good days, SWIM saw hallucinations on heroin a lot of times, especially after good shot returning home on a night highway, high speed, turned off radio, sound of grubbing away engine... Streetlights becomes beautiful Xmas garlands expanding all over the road making arches that shine with all colors... Like seeing a dream with opened eyes. No, SWIM never drives when shot to nods out, he just sit next to driver and enjoys. Thats not counting so-called, here it calls "cartoons", when one shot to nod and goes to bed, closes eyes and starts seeing dream while he is still in room, he can controls the room, knows when somebody enters the room, perfectly orientates in space and time, his muscles ready for actions, but dream keep going, good colored dream, all this like watching TV.

Damn, now SWIM wants heroin.

Last edited by &rew; 10-09-2011 at 16:03.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:34
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from United States
tweek411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1 Points: 47, Level: 1

Yes SWIM see's hallucinations on nice Black tar heroin. When swim nods he goes into another world full of dreams and vivid almost delirium like hallucinations. Its amazing. SWIM Doesnt experience this on pill opiates like roxicodone or oxycontin (oxycodone) Only potent potent H.
Old 12-09-2011, 15:21
Silver Member

21 y/o Male from United States
DiacetylEntertainment is an unknown quantity at this point

I can relate to all of these posts. Surprisingly I noticed it more while sniffing dope than shooting, like a lot more. I would nod out and I would swear that the TV in my room would be on. Often when I would be sniffing dope back in the day, I would lay in my bed after having smoked some bud (and hash if I had good money that day) and would close my eyes only to fall into some crazy vivid world. I swear by this.

When I was younger and just starting to get into dope (14-15 years old or so) me and my buddies would get jammed in a place called the Arboretum wich is a large beautiful place filled with rare and exotic plants and trees. But, this place would get quite frightening at night, considering sometimes we would be so deep in it it would take 20-30 minutes to get to a road. One friend of mine really lost it one night on dope and swore he was visually hallucinating strongly. Its never been bad or frightening for me. Thought I'd share my experience.

Great thread though.
Old 19-04-2012, 15:39
Silver Member

Male from USA - California
Crotch is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1 Points: 51, Level: 1
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

SWIM sometimes gets very mild closed eye visuals after smoking a lot of heroin. Mostly colors. Also when he is nodding and can't keep his eyes open, he may see a wierd shaddow or something when he forces his eyes open with his fingers. It doesn't freak SWIM out, it's actualy kind of interesting.
Old 19-04-2012, 19:37
Silver Member

35 y/o Female from United States
lovage is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1

SWIM feels like she has been missing out, she has never had hallucinations either visual or auditory on heroin.
Old 11-05-2012, 22:56
Silver Member

26 y/o Male from United States
wazup7 is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1 Points: 64, Level: 1

SWIM definitely experiences the auditory hallucinations mentioned in this thread. Like others have said, it's difficult to explain. He doesn't really "hear things" in the normal sense, but rather, he "wakes up" to the fact that there "were" strange noises in his head that are "now" gone. It's kind of like a very gradual buildup of noise, thats so gradual, he doesn't notice it. Then the noise immediately stops, and SWIM recognizes the silence.

SWIM should add that he has had a very many psychedelic experiences, and that he would not be surprised if these "hallucinations" while on H are a direct symptom of his prior L use.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:21
Silver Member

32 y/o Male from Australia
Respectspowdwers is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1 Points: 27, Level: 1
Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6% Activity: 1.6%

Definitely reassuring to know I am not the only one mainly closed eye visuals and the peripheral visual distortions. It does however Seem to vary greatly between batches.
Old 18-12-2012, 04:29
Silver Member

Female from Earth
Rimbauda is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1 Points: 56, Level: 1

I hallucinate constantly on H. I experience both auditory and visual hallucinations, but much more often auditory.

I also find myself talking and DOING THINGS that are totally unrelated to reality, as if I had been caught in the middle of a story somewhere else for a moment and came back, like picking up stuff that's not there, or cutting things, etc. Know what I mean?

It is definitely freaky. Sometimes the auditory hallucinations are too much and actually scare the crap out out of me. Mostly I hear people calling my names: different voices, different accents...
Old 06-01-2013, 20:44

24 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dmtjc is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1% Activity: 0.1%

When drifting off, (nodding) after smoking H, usually after a LOT, my friend finds that it is almost impossible to a actually drift off completely because a loud single word or short phrase is shouted at him. This is a scary auditory hallucination which is always related to somebody in the same house's voice! These hallucinations worried my friend so much that he thought he was actually on the verge of going mad. Having researched this on the internet copious amounts of time, I have found that this can be relatively common on all opiates, obviously stronger/scarier hallucinations depending on the type of opiate and the individual. Seeing this thread and others experiencing this gives my friend great comfort and erradicates any thoughts of potential insanity!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25

22 y/o Male from United Kingdom
dankushking420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovage View Post
SWIM feels like she has been missing out, she has never had hallucinations either visual or auditory on heroin.
Ummm.. no lol. It is not a cool trip, it is scary and confusing.. not a euphoric trip, more like a psychotic break lol.. at least for SWIM. SWIM thinks it is because he is allergic to something in Oxycontin because he used to be a heavy h user, and never experienced it.. but lately the shit going around in his town has been killing people so he switched to Oxy's and that's when the horror show started..

dankushking420 added 4 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmtjc View Post
When drifting off, (nodding) after smoking H, usually after a LOT, my friend finds that it is almost impossible to a actually drift off completely because a loud single word or short phrase is shouted at him. This is a scary auditory hallucination which is always related to somebody in the same house's voice! These hallucinations worried my friend so much that he thought he was actually on the verge of going mad. Having researched this on the internet copious amounts of time, I have found that this can be relatively common on all opiates, obviously stronger/scarier hallucinations depending on the type of opiate and the individual. Seeing this thread and others experiencing this gives my friend great comfort and erradicates any thoughts of potential insanity!
Here Here

Please don't use "SWIM" here. Please just click on it to see why.

Last edited by dankushking420; 10-05-2013 at 09:25. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 25-05-2013, 23:13
Mercury Member

Male from Serbia and Montenegro
kromplov needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

I have this 'hallucination' (that may be something different from hallucination, but i don't know): (i forgot to write about that in my post about my H experience, (i took it only once in my life))
I was lie in the bed on a side, than I looked behind me, and then I turn my look in front of me, and then i preceives BOTH what is in front and what was in back of me at the same time, but I forgot details about that odd experience.

kromplov added 5 Minutes and 54 Seconds later...

correction: "what was behind me at the moment when I looked behind" instead "what was in back of me"

Last edited by kromplov; 25-05-2013 at 23:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2014, 08:44

Male from United States
kottymilly should review received reputation comments.
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0% Activity: 1.0%

There are a few creatures that share a house in my neighborhood which occasionally inject heroin recreationally. If they try to go to sleep high, they end up lying there, not truly sleeping, just watching their own minds slip into imaginary parameters. It a kind of blissful delirium.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin and visuals, heroin effects, heroin experiences, heroin hallucinations, heroin side effects, heroin use, heroin visuals