Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > DRUG-FORUMS > Downers and sleeping pills
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

Downers and sleeping pills Anxiety Meds, Sleeping Pills and Skeletal Muscle Relaxants

Old 09-12-2009, 15:35
Silver Member

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
What were Quaaludes like?

This drug was placed as schedule one before SWIV was even born, however he heres Quaaludes we're epic.

So, anyone who was lucky enough to take a few Quaaludes care to describe what they are like?

It seems it has much more Euphoria than Xanax or Valium, but what kind of euphoria? Is it like an amphetamine type mood lift besides not stimulating or more opiate like?

Post Quality Evaluations:
I've been wondering this too
Old 09-12-2009, 18:24
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC
Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6 Points: 1,692, Level: 6
Re: What were Quaaludes like?

The best sleep aid cowboy ever had, he took them a bunch back in the 70s. Glad they was put on the Sch. I list. Bad drug IMHO.
Old 09-12-2009, 20:23
Banned

Male from United States
BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.BA must live here.
Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7 Points: 2,629, Level: 7
Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2% Activity: 0.2%

vantranist, you heard right they were epic.
They would increase sexual arousal, were a muscle relaxant and a sleep aid.

They were also very dangerous, many students and a particular social group became very sick and some overdosed.
An overdose can cause delirium ,convulsions, hypertonia,
hyperreflexia, vomiting, renal insuffciency, coma, and death through cardiac or respiratory arrest.
Old 09-12-2009, 22:51
Banned

58 y/o Male
old hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPACold hippie 56 must think in IUPAC

LOL, kinda hard to remain "sexual aroused" when one is falling asleep.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:02
Silver Member

49 y/o Male
Zepfan is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hippie 56 View Post
LOL, kinda hard to remain "sexual aroused" when one is falling asleep.
Monkey remembers from his university physiology class that skeletal muscle relaxants stimulate the parasympathetic branch of the autonomic nervous system. The ANS regulates nervous system functions that are not under conscious control. The parasympathetic branch is dominant when the body is at rest and not under stress.

The parasympathetic branch stimulates erections, both in the penis and clitoris. If you think about it, this makes sense. It's pretty typical to awaken from sleep with an erection.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:51
Banned

58 y/o Male

Yes, but performing the act while asleep is another matter!
Old 10-12-2009, 04:15
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Male from United States
masmith31593 is a decent psychonaut.

here is some info i put together about quaaludes. i would post source, but i am a newbie so here it goes.

Quaaludes

What are they? Quaaludes, also known as "methaquaalone," "ludes," "sopes," "soapers," or "Q's" are a special kind of downer called sedative-hypnotics. That means they slow or shut down certain parts of the Central Nervous System. Quaaludes are calming drugs. Taken orally, they work on a number of different places in the brain. They were once medically prescribed as muscle relaxers. But because of the potential danger for Quaalude abuse, the company that made them took them off the market in the mid-80's. Counterfeit or look-alike Quaaludes are the only ones available now, but they are illegal.

How do they make you feel? Quaaludes give the user a high/happy feeling that usually lasts several hours. Like alcohol, Quaaludes makes users feel "freer." That means they are more likely to say or do things in social situations that they would not normally feel comfortable doing. Also, the muscle relaxing quality of the drugs makes users feel "loose."

What do they do to your body? Quaaludes reduce muscle tension and produce relaxation. They can cause drowsiness and body heat loss. They can lessen physical sensations (that means the sense of touch will not be as sharp). Quaaludes also make you less coordinated, so that talking, walking, and even the ability to use your hands and fingers for writing and picking things up is more difficult.

How easy is it to become "used to" Quaaludes? All drugs are poison to your body. But because your body is so amazingly devoted to keeping you alive, it can become "tolerant" to having poison in it. But tolerance to the mental and the physical effects of Quaaludes happens at different rates. This means that a user who is taking more and more Quaaludes every day to sustain a mental high might not realize that the body's tolerance to the physical effects (like slower breathing) is not obvious. So the daily dose the user takes for the mental high gets dangerously close to a lethal (deadly) dose without them even realizing it. After a relatively short time, a Quaalude user might need ten to twenty times as much of the drug to get the same high that they got the first time they used it.

What is an overdose? Too many Quaaludes in your body can cause cold, clammy skin, a weak and rapid heart beat, and slow or rapid shallow breathing. If the low blood pressure and slowed breathing are not treated, the user can die. Some users mix alcohol with Quaaludes (or another sedative-hypnotic kind of downer). This is extremely dangerous!! Together these two kinds of drugs really shut down the breathing center of the brain and increase the risk of death.

What's withdrawal like? Withdrawal symptoms from sedative-hypnotic downers (like Quaaludes and barbiturates) are more severe than withdrawal symptoms from opiate downers (like heroin). After the user's body has become tolerant to Quaaludes, withdrawal can be very dangerous. It's as if the body is making up for all the time that the Quaaludes slowed things down and starts speeding things up instead. Withdrawal symptoms such as anxiety, nervousness, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, increased heart rate, sweating, stomach cramps, and muscle shakes start within 6 to 8 hours after the last dose. This can go on for several days. The worst withdrawal symptoms include uncontrolled heart beat, and death.

Is it legal? No.

*swim personally did not know quaaludes was one of the drugs that can cause death during withdrawal.

great information..thanks..
good info, too bad ludes arent made anymore
Old 10-12-2009, 20:45
Titanium Member

Female from United States
sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.sandoz1943 really adds to the discussion.
Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4 Points: 716, Level: 4

Lilly 714 felt much like roofies (rohypnol) do when they first come on. One roofie always made SWIM feel like Ludes did back in the day but weaker so she took another and forgot everything.
Old 11-12-2009, 00:54
Silver Member

Male from Antigua and Barbuda
vantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way upvantranist is on the way up
Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2 Points: 252, Level: 2

So how is the Quaalude situation in the US today? Are they even sold anymore in the states, SWIV is not talking about the actual pharmaceutical version, but is the drugs still made illegally and sold in the states? Or are they all over with?

SWIV read they happen to be a big problem in south America.

SWIVS dad and his friends are always talking about how great qualuudes were, They most of been bomb.

Thanks.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:12

24 y/o Male from United States
clayfig is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

my friends dog was talking to me the other day and he said he found a similarity between the precursors K and Q's have in common. apparently there is only a small difference between what chemicals are used to make both.

I think the market is dead for q's but if one was able to get ahold of the ingredients, it wouldnt take long for there to be a market.

my friends dog would much rather have K than Q's; but would indeed like to try Q's for the novelty value of the experiance.

SRSLY take a chill pill
Old 11-12-2009, 02:40
Palladium Member

34 y/o Male from United States
rawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forumrawbeer is living in mutualistic symbiosis with drugs-forum
Points: 3,374, Level: 8 Points: 3,374, Level: 8 Points: 3,374, Level: 8
Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9% Activity: 4.9%

Just a fun note - in the 70s you could buy golden earrings shaped like 'ludes, or so I have read (wasn't around back then...). I guess they had a distinctive shape.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:53
Banned

58 y/o Male

A little tidbit from the 2007 Microgram concerning "Ludes":

The recent reports of Quaalude mimic tablets (containing diazepam) in Lexington Park, Maryland (Microgram Bulletin 2006;39(8):99; see Photo 6) and on the U.S./Canadian border near Oroville, Washington (Microgram Bulletin 2006;39(9):115; no photo) mark the latest two submissions in a now 25 year history of such tablets. Manufacture of authentic (pharmaceutical) Quaalude Lemmon 714 tablets (containing methaqualone) was discontinued by Lemmon Pharmaceuticals on November 15th, 1983; however, Quaalude counterfeit, mimic, and fake tablets had been in common circulation since the mid-1970s. [“Counterfeits” contained methaqualone, “mimics” contained one or more of a variety of controlled substances (not including methaqualone), and “fakes” contained no controlled substances.] The licit and illicit Quaaludes submitted to forensic laboratories between about 1975 and 1980 were primarily Rorer 714s, but the William H. Rorer Company sold the Quaalude rights to Lemmon Pharmaceuticals in 1979, and by mid-1980 most Quaaludes (both licit and illicit) were Lemmon 714s. Amazingly, illicit Lemmon 714s were being seized on the streets before the licit product was available at pharmacies. This reflected the enormous extent of Quaalude abuse, which rivaled marijuana abuse in 1980 and 1981, and in fact the Lemmon 714 tablet is by far the most illicitly replicated pharmaceutical product in the history of the Drug Enforcement Administration, with at one time over 250 different exemplars in the Reference Collection at the DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory.
Extensive efforts by the DEA Office of Diversion Control in the late 1970s and early 1980s led to increasingly restrictive international controls on methaqualone and its precursors, and methaqualone was transferred to Schedule I of the U.S. Controlled Substances Act in 1984. As stocks of methaqualone dried up worldwide, clandestine manufacturers quickly settled on diazepam as the controlled substance of choice for Lemmon 714 mimics, and virtually all such tablets submitted to forensic laboratories since 1990 were determined to contain only diazepam. Initial variability in tablet compositions was a serious concern - some of the early mimics contained as much as 300 milligrams of diazepam, and overdoses and deaths from combining these Quaaludes mimics and alcohol were a major problem in some areas (quite notably in Atlanta, Georgia).
Currently, it is believed that Lemmon 714 mimics are still being sporadically produced, probably outside the United States. However, it is also thought that many of the Lemmon 714 mimics being seized by law enforcement authorities may actually be from 20 - 25 year old stashes (that is, recovered by previously incarcerated Quaalude traffickers upon their releases from prison). Oddly, despite ample published information to the contrary, most of the “testimonials” concerning Quaaludes (that is, Lemmon 714 tablets) on the various drug-abuse websites make it clear that the users still believe that they are ingesting genuine Quaaludes (which is quite unlikely). The last report in Microgram of authentic or counterfeit Quaaludes was in 1981, and the last submissions of such tablets to the DEA Special Testing and Research Laboratory were in 1985. Diazepam is currently classified as Schedule IV.

Nice work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mg0107fig6.jpg (12.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 28-12-2013, 23:50

44 y/o Male from USA - Texas
curleytex is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9% Activity: 0.9%

I lived through the seventies and remember not really liking Quaaludes so much. In my memory, they were the drug of choice for females, primarily. Men seemed to stick with pot and the uppers like Benzedrine, many people had "speed" prescriptions (amphetamines for weight loss) and "black beauties, etc. were everywhere at clubs and discos. I think women liked the "Ludes" so much because they were best at lowering inhibitions and keeping one in "dreamy states" for dancing and sex.
And of course, these were all mixed with the old standby, alcohol - the real killer of them all in those days.
Old 02-01-2014, 13:31
Silver Member

57 y/o Male from United States
DrugStoreCowboyOfNY is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1 Points: 20, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%

If anyone wants to know what ludes are like see the movie, "The Wolf of Wall Street" which was recently released in theaters. Let me describe my experience here.

I LOVED ludes. Many fell in love with it, earning the current day term "epic".

First of all, you can not work, go to school or do homework while on quaaludes. They also leave you a bit fuzzy the next day, so it's good to take them on Friday or Saturday night so you can take care of your responsibilities. I earned an MBA and worked on Wall Street while taking ludes because I had the will power to restrict my drug taking to the weekends.

You had to not eat for at least 4 hours prior to taking them, or you would not feel the euphoria. So the first thing I remember is hunger prior to taking them. But I did not care because I knew it was in the service of getting that great lude feeling.

I would start off with 1.5 Lemmon 714s (which was the manufacturer and pill ID # and was stamped on each pill) with a cup of tea to help it dissolve (ATMs were just coming out--can you guess what my ATM code was??). As soon as I felt a tingle in my fingers I would take the other half. This is what I waited for all week. I was off to the races.

The next thing I would feel was a numbness in my hands as well as a kind of "choppy" feeling of reality--like things were slowing down or every other frame my eyes were seeing was gone. Simultaneously I felt a tremendous feeling of euphoria. It was an exhilarating, happy, energetic high. There was a strong desire to talk to someone. If I was home alone I would be on the phone in no time. I would start detecting difficulty in speaking without slurring my words, but no matter how hard I tried--and I tried hard--I could not overcome it.

All anxiety and stress would completely leave my mind and body. It removed all inhibitions with the opposite sex. I was very shy with women and suffered from premature ejaculation. Ludes cured this (are you listening Merck?). I was able to engage in foreplay with the confidence that I could spend a lot of time doing this without having to worry about coming too quickly. Intercourse would last for several minutes rather than several seconds. I loved this ability of quaaludes as it provided a respite to these otherwise tortuous aspects of my personality and love life. Ludes increased my sexual appetite enormously--as it did for my partners. When I was 16 I was living with a very attractive and sexy 19 year old who also shared my love of ludes. This made for some really wonderful times. Unfortunately, you don't remember a whole lot of what happened while you were high. But I remembered enough. I lost my virginity while on ludes and was not about to forget that night!

Often I would continue taking more ludes throughout the night in a vain search for that original euphoria, which lasted about two hours.

Although all my memories are good regarding ludes, I went through some dangerous experiences. I would often drive while on ludes, which is a spectacularly poor judgment call (you just don't care while high on ludes), which becomes more dangerous the more you take. I once tapped a guy in front of me. When I got out of the car, it was clear I was "drunk" and before I knew it I had a DWI. Once I drove with my lude friend Artie and we kept switching off the driving as we each sideswiped parked cars and we kept thinking the other would do better. Once, after a particularly long night of taking many, many ludes I entered a 55 mph highway THE WRONG WAY. It took me about five minutes to realize this, after I asked myself, "Why are the headlights facing me?" Once I did realize it, I decided to stay in the right lane and drive as slowly as possible until I got off the highway. It is a miracle I am here to talk about it.

After a night of taking many quaaludes you lose any ability to talk clearly or walk straight and your muscles tend to shake like a Parkinson's patient. A friend of mine showed up bearing these symptoms and me and my friends decided that it was prudent to call an ambulance. He was admitted to the hospital and had his stomach pumped.

You normally got ludes through your neighborhood dealer. There were also "lude doctors", ostensibly sleep clinics where you paid a high cash fee (I think it was $200) for one visit for a script of 90 ludes, plus the cost at the pharmacy (you were told which pharmacies would accept the rx). Of course it was a total sham. You were told what questions were going to be asked and how to answer them. The doctors sold out for the proper amount of money and everyone covered their ass. I wish I had made a photocopy of the script!

Methaquaalude was put on Schedule I in 1984. The pharmaceutical was increasingly hard to get leading up to that time. The prices kept going up and up, starting at $0.25/pill in the 70's and ending at $20/pill in the 80's (which was a lot of money back then). Bootleg ludes started to appear. Often they were duds but sometimes they worked and occasionally they were as good as the pharmaceutical grade. But very soon they were no where to be found.

Any questions?

Mike

very informative, thank you!
Very detailed account.
good description from personal experience
Thank for the detailed post! I always wanted to know about this!

Last edited by Phenoxide; 05-01-2014 at 18:37.
Old 06-01-2014, 13:53
Silver Member

Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.Lady Codone must live here.
Points: 269, Level: 2 Points: 269, Level: 2 Points: 269, Level: 2
Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9% Activity: 2.9%

Great trip reports in this thread!

I've got a strange fascination with discontinued/rare drugs, of which Quaaludes are one. Ethchlorvynol (Placidyl) sounds interesting too. I also wonder how much worse barbiturate withdrawal was than benzo withdrawal. Can't imagine anything worse than quitting benzos, yet barbs were much more potent. Would love to hear personal accounts of barbiturate withdrawal!
Old 27-01-2014, 16:24
Silver Member

62 y/o Male from United States
ixnaxcat is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

I was diagnosed with classic migraines when I was about 14 years old. Later, when I was 18, I became a psychonaut . I pretty much tried everything I could get my hands on and since I turned 18 in 1970, there were lots of things to taste over the next decade.
In the late 70s I got a scrip for ludes. I went to the dr who delivered me when I was born. I guess at that age I had not been to many doctors. So, I td him that I had tried something that completely knocked out the migraine and pretending to not know what it was called, I described the pill and the 714 on one side. He looked and said that he just didn't know what it was. I figured since I was in his office I had nothing to lose by "going for broke". His PDR was on a shelf and I asked if I could look at it... I thumbed through a bit and then went to it and said, "this is it!!". He wrote me a scrip for 20 a month. I got them for a year until (most wont remember this) there was a scandal involving the Whitehouse doctor writing scrips for Quaaludes. After that I went to his office for a refill and the girl at the desk said, "Dr ___ does not want to see you anymore". It was probably for the best.
Now, what were ludes like... hmmm. They would come on pretty quickly and IIRC, the first thing would be a numb face. After that it was a a lot like being drunk but without any feeling of being sick. Too much and you'd be walking as if you were really drunk, legs spread to keep from falling, leaning forward when you walk, etc. However the main thing and the main danger with ludes is that they would completely and absolutely remove any inhibitions and judgement you might have. So if you had any tendencies that you didn't normally indulge publically, well forget that. Some of you might remember the old saying, "let it all hang out"? Well that was Quaaludes in a nutshell. There was nothing quite like quaaludes before or since. PCP might have a slightly similar effect but the comparison is more like comparing MD 20/20 to a fine wine. There was NO paranoia or any other weird emotional feeling from ludes, everything was physical and nothing else mattered. I don't know what else to say except I guess while they were great fun they also made your guardian angels work overtime because on ludes you just don't care. One evening I decided to drive somewhere. Thankfully I lived way out on a dirt road, the only house on the road. I had a car and a truck there. I ran them both in the ditch within 100 yds of the house. There is a reason they don't make ludes anymore.. LOL. All things considered methaqualone was probably the most dangerous but fun drug ever concocted, simply because you would do anything, anywhere even if you couldn't do it... you wouldn't feel any pain though, that is for sure!
In my opinion LSD is WAY safer than 714s. You would never "freak out" on ludes but you would definitely freak someone else out!! Count your blessings. I consider myself lucky to have lived through ludes and am really amazed that they didn't land me in some jail somewhere because, like I said, on ludes... you DON"T CARE where you are, you'll do anything anywhere. You would never peek through the curtains, you'd throw them wide open, then you'd be outside.
HTH to understand what ludes were like. They were a lot of fun but incredibly dangerous to both your life and to your reputation.

ixnax

Very insightful post about quaaludes and quaaludes experience
Old 05-02-2014, 02:41
Productive insomniac
Administrator

99 y/o Male from Netherlands
Alfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond reputeAlfa is a true resource and beyond repute
Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41 Points: 83,170, Level: 41
Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5% Activity: 48.5%

More information about quaaludes:

Music video about quaaludes effects (amongst others):

Studies about quaaludes:
Quaalude images: http://www.drugs-forum.com/photopost...33/images3.jpg

While Quaaludes are no longer around, there is a research chemical called etaqualone which is closely related to quaaludes. More information about etaqualone here.

A fantastic collection of links for anyone interested in quaaludes.

Last edited by Alfa; 05-02-2014 at 02:53.
Old 11-02-2014, 19:38
Silver Member

Can anyone tell me if etaqualone is legal? Is a drug legal by default and must be made illegal? From what I read from the FDA, all drugs require a prescription by default.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:15
Titanium Member

24 y/o Male from United States
baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.baselined really adds to the discussion.
Points: 833, Level: 4 Points: 833, Level: 4 Points: 833, Level: 4
Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0% Activity: 6.0%

I doubt etaqualone is legal, given its structural similarity to methaqualone, it would fall under Schedule I in the US, via the Federal Analog Act.

EDIT: Well fuck me silly, at least just over a year ago it seems like people were buying it online no trouble. I am not chemist so someone will have to explain to me how this isn't covered by the Analog Act.

Also to note: Many if not most of the people reported little to no effect from taking it.

Last edited by baselined; 12-02-2014 at 01:25.
Old 17-02-2014, 05:41
Silver Member

In order for qualludes to have an effect, one must not eat for at least 4 hours prior to ingestion. I wonder how many people who have taken etaqualone knew this.
Old 25-02-2014, 14:44
Silver Member

62 y/o Male from United States
ixnaxcat is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1 Points: 30, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugStoreCowboyOfNY View Post
In order for qualludes to have an effect, one must not eat for at least 4 hours prior to ingestion. I wonder how many people who have taken etaqualone knew this.
I don't know where you got that but it isn't true. Ludes came on strong no matter what. as I said, I had a scrip for a year and eating food was never a consideration. Quaaludes were strong and eating did not stop them one bit. I always got 714s, I remember sopers or soapers however you spell it but don't remember if I ever had any. With the 714s food had no effect whatsoever. If they were stronger acting if you didn't eat for 4 hours... I wouldn't want that. They were too strong after eating a hamburger or two. I remember taking a couple while leaving a burger place and I remember getting blasted. You could eat lunch and then a couple of ludes and in a little while your ego and superego would be hiding from your id.

iCat
Old 28-02-2014, 20:58

Male from United States
Theskyhive is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1 Points: 5, Level: 1
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

Baselined,
Its methaqualone is now known as mandrax. i actually just got a order of them last week!

Last edited by Alfa; 05-03-2014 at 15:58.
Old 28-02-2014, 21:55
Titanium Member

LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.LadySue must live here.
Points: 1,171, Level: 5 Points: 1,171, Level: 5 Points: 1,171, Level: 5
Activity: 19.5% Activity: 19.5% Activity: 19.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnaxcat View Post
With the 714s food had no effect whatsoever.....in a little while your ego and superego would be hiding from your id. iCat
714's threw up their middle finger at food...anytime I took those buggers I was in a complete and utter blackout for the entire evening. You could eat an entire cow and it wouldn't have mattered lol. A girlfriend and I would swap turns taking them (one would take while the other babysat - still surprised we had the sense to do that!). We were just talking about our 'lude adventures' the other night. Of course, I was reminding her about hers and she was reminding me about mine as neither of us had any recollection personally. Typically, back in those days we were pretty reckless with our ingestion of substances, but 714's were about the only drug we took 'responsibly' and had one of us sit for the other as we knew how strong they were and we minded it.

Your last line made me chuckle ixnaxcat - I think my everything was hidden from my anything!
Old 28-02-2014, 22:28
Silver Member

18 y/o Male from Canada
DownWithDrugIgnorance is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1 Points: 77, Level: 1
Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3% Activity: 1.3%

Quote:
Originally Posted by old hippie 56 View Post
Currently, it is believed that Lemmon 714 mimics are still being sporadically produced, probably outside the United States. However, it is also thought that many of the Lemmon 714 mimics being seized by law enforcement authorities may actually be from 20 - 25 year old stashes (that is, recovered by previously incarcerated Quaalude traffickers upon their releases from prison). Oddly, despite ample published information to the contrary, most of the “testimonials” concerning Quaaludes (that is, Lemmon 714 tablets) on the various drug-abuse websites make it clear that the users still believe that they are ingesting genuine Quaaludes (which is quite unlikely).
Although unlikely it is still possible these users could have gotten real ludes from old stashes. As i said in an earlier post a friend found an old stash of Doriden(Glutethimide), which is said to be similar to Methaqualone. I have personally seen the prescription bottle they were found in and tried some and they are definitely the real thing. Although i would never believe a dealer if they tried to sell me ludes without some kind of proof.
Old 03-03-2014, 23:05
Silver Member

Male from United States
been_there is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2 Points: 172, Level: 2
Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0% Activity: 4.0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrugStoreCowboyOfNY View Post
Bootleg ludes started to appear. Often they were duds but sometimes they worked and occasionally they were as good as the pharmaceutical grade. But very soon they were no where to be found.
According to: http://www.thefix.com/content/where-...gs-edition7098

Quaaludes have found a home in South Africa where the drug goes by the name Mandrax. In its most popular form, crushed up tablets are mixed with marijuana and smoked. According to some reports, Mandrax is by far the most popular drug in South Africa, accounting for up 60% of the drugs seized on the country's street.

Not too late for a road down to Johannesburg!

Last edited by been_there; 04-03-2014 at 14:28.

Share this on:

Tags
downers, lemmon 714, methaqualone, quaalude high, quaaludes, sedatives