Notices

Old 12-08-2005, 00:19
Account Awaiting Email Confirmation.

Female
sicksadswirl is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1 Points: 72, Level: 1
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
connection between heroin use and nightmares

When SWIM blows lines of H later in the night when she believes it's worn off and she starts to fall asleep she has nightmares.

The other night SWIM felt like she was falling into a dream and she couldn't help not falling asleep even though she tryed. Sort of like nodding off. She even woke up screaming once.

Connection?

Don't know if this is an idiotic post. If so please excuse me.

Post Quality Evaluations:
Interesting question.
Old 12-08-2005, 01:40

Male from United States
Zandorf is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1 Points: 95, Level: 1
i've had both really good and really awful dreams with opiates. i think
there is some connection between opiates and brain activity during
sleep.

withdrawls will definately give you nightmares if you can get to sleep at all in the first place, though.

<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Old 12-08-2005, 03:36

dillydude is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3 Points: 373, Level: 3

When I first have gotten into opiate use , for about the first year, to year and a half or so I had alot of nightmares and just really out there strange dreams. Not every night but at least 3 or 4 nights a week. They did subside , my dreams became somewhat normal again through time.

I think maybe if the full effect of eurphoria has'nt worn off before you go to sleep, that it may cause the bad dreams.
Old 17-07-2006, 02:30
Banned

38 y/o Male
cj1223 is heading for the Darwin Award.cj1223 is heading for the Darwin Award.
thats werid i cant ever remeber having a dream freom opiate use ive only been using them for last 5 months but ive tooking alot of tremadol and vicodin 4-5 at a time bay 3-4 for trem, and never had a bad dream or even a dream at all that i remember.
Old 19-07-2006, 23:42

26 y/o Male from United Kingdom
Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.Fantasian really knows their shit.
Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7 Points: 2,756, Level: 7
SWIF has had many strange dreams with opiates particularly with high doses and the stronger ones. It should also be noted SWIF spends alot of time in partial conciousness, when he's aware of his surroundings and not really awake or asleep just floating somewhere imbetween. These experiences from what he remembers were mostly quite pleasent.

SWIF doesnt recall nightmares except for cold turkey withdrawal when he would experience them often and they often related to Opiate use.
Old 20-07-2006, 03:53

Male
Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.Forthesevenlakes really knows their shit.
Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7 Points: 2,192, Level: 7
SWIM also has had many strange dreams, much like swiF, with higher dosages. Many times they took the form of unpleasant or uncomfortable lifelike situations, if not outright nightmares. Yet SWIM could sometimes not be sure he was dreaming. with H itself, SWIM actually felt like he was IN a nightmare, which has kept him away from the stuff for the most part.
Old 20-07-2006, 08:00
Gold Member

Female from Earth
Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.Alicia must live here.
Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5 Points: 1,324, Level: 5
Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9% Activity: 8.9%
dreams and opiates. yes boyo says when he smokes load of opium he has bizarre fantesy vivid dreams. Swia herself never dreams, Opium on the other hand cause swia to be propelled into this theartre with swia being the only audience watching this play with these people with fake animal masks while they dance and skip on stage not wearing much and making funny little screamy laughs. H on the other hand swia tends to dream sometimes mainly thou they seem to be past events being relived some not nice.not to mention those nasty fall dreams..
Old 31-07-2006, 00:08
Silver Member

34 y/o Female from United Kingdom
Jeff Woad is an unknown quantity at this point
Totally agree with Dillydude- Swim's first 6 months to a year on H was acompanied by the weirdest dreams and nightmares ever
Old 02-08-2006, 21:35
Silver Member

30 y/o Male
thatsall is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2 Points: 337, Level: 2
i believe this can happen and a ilaso believe the dreams can be more vivid and pleasant too
Old 04-08-2006, 17:18
Banned

Male
Dr. Gonzo needs to post very carefully to avoid a ban by negative reputation.
Swim got some amazing blue coloured visuals last night in bed after smoking some H....
Old 04-08-2006, 17:26
Titanium Member

27 y/o Male from United States
Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.Benzeneringz really adds to the discussion.
Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4 Points: 910, Level: 4
I was prescribed hydrocodone for about 3 weeks straight due to a knee injury. I'd take 'em for three days straight and then take a break for a day or so and then continue for another three days. Every night I fell asleep on hydrocodone I would have terrible nightmares that felt more real then fake. For example, I wouldn't mean to fall asleep usually, and I'd always nod off into a nightmare that started in the room I was in. It didn't feel like I was asleep. I'm sure heroine can give nightmares if hydrocodone can.
Old 10-08-2006, 14:26

27 y/o Female
Miss_Methylene is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1 Points: 66, Level: 1
SWIM has also had experience with hydrocodone as well, yet not with Herion. But, as we all know hydrocodone produces must less powerful effects then herion, they are still both Opiates. SWIM has had a few nightmares after taking hydrocodone and falling asleep. SWIM has also, taken hydrocodone, fell alseep, and has woken up not to remember a single dream. But, SWIM can't say that she has ever had a good, detailed dream under the influence of hydrocodone.
I don't think your alone on this, at all. Have you ever heard of the book called, "A Herion User's Tale"? Within the first few pages of this book the author states this, "I didn't want the hassle of herion anymore, the constant waking and sleeping of nightmares of withdrawling.."
The nightmares you are having from Herion, may possibly be produced because your body/mind is in withdrawl from the drug. Maybe slowing down on your intake of this drug would be a good idea.
Old 18-09-2006, 01:24

Male
Barelled01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
coming off morphine swim had weird dreams, remembered being really angry for some reason
Old 19-06-2008, 23:04

28 y/o Male
alessio_3 should review received reputation comments.
Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1 Points: 15, Level: 1
Re: connection between heroin use and nightmares

After shooting, swim remembers that he slept in an incredibly satisfying, and relaxing way, that silence, and peace is incredible. No bad dreams or anxiety, only some stomach sickness.
Old 27-01-2013, 15:00
Silver Member

Male from United States
MiterSaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1 Points: 107, Level: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzeneringz View Post
I was prescribed hydrocodone for about 3 weeks straight due to a knee injury. I'd take 'em for three days straight and then take a break for a day or so and then continue for another three days. Every night I fell asleep on hydrocodone I would have terrible nightmares that felt more real then fake. For example, I wouldn't mean to fall asleep usually, and I'd always nod off into a nightmare that started in the room I was in. It didn't feel like I was asleep. I'm sure heroine can give nightmares if hydrocodone can.
I know this is an old post but, my lizard had the exact same thing happen. He fell out 5 1/2 hours after railing some h and the effects were pretty much gone he thought. The lizard had a dream he was in his room but it was a dream of him tripping with crazy psychedelic colors floating everywhere, it was like completely real to him. He dreamt he was out of his bed walking around then blinked and he was back in it with his laptop. It was like he actually never got out his bed but he saw it and did. Then while on his laptop he couldn't breath and suddenly panicked and woke up. His laptop was still on his desk. The dream felt very similar to a deliriant trip he had years ago on myristicin. The lizard did smoke a ton of cigarettes while on h earlier (about 13 in 3 hours). The lizard knows nicotine can make his dreams more vivid when he mixes it with cannabis but thought it was because of the h.
Old 13-02-2013, 17:16
Titanium Member

33 y/o Female from United States
Midnite is a decent psychonaut.Midnite is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1 Points: 149, Level: 1
Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4% Activity: 3.4%

My little Kitty has horrible nightmares when she goes to sleep after injecting, so bad that sometimes she will wake her self up moaning and screaming. She's disoriented, not sure what her 'real life' is, and convinced that the evil fuckers from her dreams are in the room with her. It takes about 10 seconds to fully come to, she says. My little Kitty also noticed that she hasn't gotten sick since on H, is there a connection?
Old 14-02-2013, 18:19

Male from Ireland
Robert Johnson should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1 Points: 13, Level: 1
Heroin withdrawal and nightmares,

My good buddy jimbo has been smoking heroin for almost 3 years, with Ocasional breaks for a week or 2. he had no other choice but to deal with the withdrawals for he refuses to put kack in his pipe and theirs only one dude to get quality smoke. He recently moved country to work in a new job for 3 months so he quit cold turkey from 1.5 g a day. before he left for costa rica he was told that oxoxodone could be purchased without a prescription. This was untrue due to recent change in law. So the pharmacist gave him oxa ferte (50mg codeine). Jumbo thought it won't be worth a bollox to him. One evening jumbo was in bad shape so he had a few beers and swallowed 4 oxa ferte. he was relaxed somewhat when he went to bed he was drifting in and out of dreams not nodding but something like. anywAy he was asleep and woke up 2 -3 hours later roaring his head off. The nightmAre he had were horrific and very vivid. He done this for another night and soon he was out of oxa ferte . He is not wSting his time with more of them. How ever he has still being having horrific nightmares the past 3 nights. Never before has he had this even on the weeks he has quit cold turkey back home. Jimbo is not getting the sleep he needs to do his job effectively. he is willing to listen to Any advice he can get on how to deal with or stop these. So what's his best option and has anyone ever had anything similar to this. Many thanks
Old 15-02-2013, 04:06
Silver Member

Female from Netherlands
Amsterdam-babe is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1 Points: 120, Level: 1
Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4% Activity: 0.4%
Re: Heroin withdrawal and nightmares,

Maybe you're brain is just processing it all in you're dreams?
Old 20-02-2013, 18:18

Male from Ireland

i dont think so because it should be nearly worn off by the time he would go to bed, im starting to think it kicked of the withdrawel process again and his mind went back into hurting so he had hurting dreams. i just read a post that someone made a couple of years ago on withdrawels and nghtmares, and going by all the replys its quite a normal thing.
Old 20-02-2013, 18:40
Silver Member

36 y/o Male from England
westie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way upwestie420uk is on the way up
Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3
Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9% Activity: 1.9%

Welome to the forum fella! I wish i could help you, but i have no idea what you could try to take to help you with the WD symptoms, there is nothing worse than having to work whilst dope sick.
Nightmares when dope sick can be really fucked up. I used to suffer bad with them too. I used to get stuck in some sort of weird dream loop & sometimes the tv show i would watch before i went to bed would affect my dreams (i once watched a documentary about steam trains & spent the night laying the same piece of rail road track down & one about Eminem which led to Lose Yourself playing in my head constantly) Another nightmare i kept having involved various groups of past & present friends all tuning on me & i would either be running really slow to get away from them or i would be able to sort of fly/levitate, but not quite able to get away from them & would just be able to avoid them before i would come down about 20 yards away only to have to jump over them again just out of reach.
These nightmares would really take it out of me, but i found i would get more rest if i just sat & watched tv all night. Your not going to get any sleep anyway so you might as well avoid mentally exhausting yourself along with physically exhausting yourself too.
Have you tried going in to a chemist & asking for some sleep medication? Getting hold of any opiate pain medication will only prolong your symptoms if you are trying to do it cold urkey, though tapering off might be your best bet as you are having to work.
Hope you get through it dude, don't forget you have all our support if you need it & keep us informed with your progress.
Old 20-02-2013, 19:10
Silver Member

Male from United States
Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.Willyzh must live here.
Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2 Points: 282, Level: 2

Nightmares are a completely normal w/d symptom, I knew a dude who would fall asleep for only like a minute and wake up completely terrified, for at least the first 4-7 days of withdrawal.

Also, during the early stages of heavy use, he would wake up being shaken 3 feet in the air by a "demon," as if something was taking hold of his dream state or his ability to even have dreams.

Morpheus- "shaper (of dreams)"... in Greek mythology is the god of dreams. Morpheus has the ability to take any human form and appear in dreams. His true semblance is that of a winged demon.

In dude's early night terror of meeting the demon, he hovered above the bed, a black mass with wings and shook him awake, his presence was still there when dude was awake for a few moments. He was taking over dude's dreams and he lost the ability to dream at all at night, or sleep without H. Then dude would have terrifying, chaotic waking dreams during his nods, sleep walking and sleep talking crazy sh*t, nothing really fun in it at that point.

This dude always seemed to have classic experiences with drugs somehow? The demon shook his girlfriend off the bed too, he was so scared he woke her up and told her what he was seeing. He had been lying to her and he told her the truth a week later, then she left him.

She had slept soundly through the whole "dream.." He later thought the symbolism was he had gotten into both of their lives through him, but she was unaffected by it.

F*ck all that... thanks for the reminder of why opiates suck, although my friend's relapse 4 days ago was very similar, with withdrawal nightmares and a lack of fun effects. oops.

Recent nightmares were of a huge black bear outside the "cabin" door, with my friend completely unable to hold the door shut and a necessary key to lock it nowhere in sight. Luckily he woke up before the bear got in.

He is bummed at the moment that his years of lucid dream training were out the window for now. But that will come back in a week or so he is sure. Your dreams and ability to sleep will return in less than a week he feels...

He remembers in heavy periods of addiction feeling exhausted, falling asleep for a few moments and waking up completely terrified, drenched in sweat... maybe 20-30 minutes later, same thing.. for 3-4 days straight.

You can't spell Morpheus without US. F*ck off, demon. You aren't sh*t to him and never will be.

"Seven devils all around you
Seven devils in your house
See I was dead when I woke up this morning
I'll be dead before the day is done"

He referred to his last H relapse as "Drop Dead" for some reason..

Old 24-02-2013, 05:07
Silver Member

Female from United States
Jumpbunny is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1 Points: 104, Level: 1

Old thread but interesting info because my girl shares the same experience of having bad dreams almost nightly while using h. She thinks its her subconscious catching up with her. Underlying guilt? Off it now n so far no nightmares
Old 25-02-2013, 01:19

Male from Ireland

thanks alot for the post's guys. willyzh what you have just said is excatly what ive been going threw. i was told by people who are staying in the same house that one night, early, i was shouting GET OUT! GET OUT! i didnt remember shouting that but they dream i had was the devil coming for me and he was trying to drag me out of my bed. it was the same bed i was sleeping in,same room! i can remember this as if it was yesterday. and many times ive woken after just falling asleep and id be soaked in sweat. horific stuff altogether. i feel better now knowing this is normal with opiates and that theirs more that have had it. here's to ganji the best drug their is!

peace
Old 25-02-2013, 07:09
Silver Member

Male from United States
pharmmajor is learning how to become a psychonaut.
Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2 Points: 165, Level: 2
Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3% Activity: 0.3%

sometimes, when I take an opiate. (happens more frequently with oxy) I will kind hear voices and stuff right before I go to sleep. not mean voices, just like random voices saying random things. "those are socks" or "grass is nice" "channel 5". just random sentences.

I see alotta people have weird stuff going on too. puts me at ease. thought I was going crazy there.
Old 05-03-2013, 21:58

20 y/o Female from Canada
Skeleton is an unknown quantity at this point
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1

When railing, and then preparing to go to sleep. I find I slip into a half sleep where I get bizarre mini dreams. When deep in REM sleep, I will have awful nightmares where my boyfriend will wake me up saying I was screaming or whimpering. He has told me he also gets nightmares when using before sleep, though he has sleep paralysis.

Share this on:

Tags
heroin, heroin and dreams, heroin and nightmares, heroin and sleep, heroin dreams, heroin nightmares, heroin side effects, heroin use, opiate dreams, withdrawal

Sitelinks: Information: