Drugs-Forum  
Home Wiki Studies Forum Groups Blog Video Images News
Go Back   Drugs Forum > VARIOUS DRUG RELATED TOPICS > The euphoric body
Mark Forums Read
Register Tags

Notices

The euphoric body Physical sides of drug use.

Old 22-11-2009, 03:36
Silver Member

Male from American Samoa
pride345 is a decent psychonaut.
Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2 Points: 209, Level: 2
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
How does snorting a powder actually work?

Sorry if SWIM is posting this in the wrong thread, or if this question has been asked before (SWIM couldn't find anything).

But SWIM basically wants to ask how does snorting actually work? When SWIM snorts a line, what stops the powder going straight to the lung? If air goes up SWIYs nose, and into the lungs, how does powder just go to the sinuses?

Also if the powder is corrosive (eg: Mephedrone) then how does it damage the nose? Would it not damage the sinuses? The sinuses are further and further up the nose, so how would SWIM feel any pain when touching the nose?

And also, is there any difference with how deeply SWIM snorts. If SWIM snorts a line for example, and then puts his fingers to below his forehead(above eye) and a few deep snorts, is it better than doing just one snort this way? SWIM asks because SWIM was reading about somebody doing heroin, and said they prefer having a slower snort so it stays in the sinuses for longer... :S

SWIM and the DF community (SWIM hopes) will be greatful for those who answer the questions. Again, SWIM apologises to the moderators if SWIM has posted in the wrong section.

Thanks

Post Quality Evaluations:
Use of SWIM is not allowed on these forums. Please read the rules.
Old 22-11-2009, 04:16
Titanium Member

Male from Sweden
Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.
Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3 Points: 575, Level: 3
Re: How does snorting a powder actually work?

The mucous membranes inside your nose/sinus abosorb the chemical into your bloodsteam. You mucus stops "most" of it going into your lungs and therefore traps in against the mucus producing cells allowing it time to "soak through". The blood in the nasal membrane is very close to the surface - this is why absorbtion is easy - however it is also easy to cause damage. "If you have ever had a nosebleed you will know how delicate these are and how close to the surface blood is." (Here) What actually happens is the micro-granuals of the powder scrape against the delicate lining - tearing it. The powder also drys out the mucus glands, this means that prolonged use can prevent the drug working as effectively. If you can't produce mucus then the powder cannot enter your bloodsteam via. aqeuous solution.

"For a substance to be effective when insufflated, it must be water soluble so it can be absorbed into the mucous membranes." -wikiQuote

I couldn't find any information about sinuses but heres a shiny picture.

Perfect answer.
Indeed, informative answer including picture and the link not useless at all.

Last edited by Viscis; 22-11-2009 at 06:56.
Old 23-11-2009, 19:17

24 y/o Male
RapidWardrobe should urgently read the rules & received reputation comments.
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

That link says a chance of contracting Hepatitis C from bank notes...blimey! SWIM will stick to snorting with postit notes

While SWIM has briefly thought about how it works, he never thought to research it. This has intirgued SWIM though.

A further couple question on snorting.

SWIM had a fair amount of drone last wednesday and thursday ~1.5g. Today and yesterday SWIM noticed he had a really liquidy snotty nostril. Having to blow it every hour or two. Is drugs the reason for this?

Also, the 'drip' that you get, presumably this drip is the foul tasting drug running down the throat. Is this un-used drug that goes into your stomach and is then used, or is it used but the snot sucked back retains the flavour?

SWIM assumes the larger your line the larger the waste?
Old 23-11-2009, 20:02
Titanium Member

Male from Sweden
Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.Viscis probably knows what they are talking about.

Regarding Hep C. this is probably more likely if you and a friend use the same bank note during a single session (any they have Hep C.) - not just using a bank note from your wallet.

Mucus in the nose is there to trap germs - more germs (or powder granuals - presumably your body doesn't need to tell the difference between dust and mephedrone) means more mucus. The body produces mucus as a defence mechanism (like when you have a cold).

Drip is most likely a mixture of mephedrone and mucus in an aqueos solution (as mentioned above) - this will presumably enter the stomach and be absorbed. Its probably a bit of both but I'm really not sure.

Doing bigger lines doesn't mean its wasted but there is probably a limit on how much you can absorb. There will reach a point when your nose is dried out or you've damaged the membrane too much to absorb enough of the drug to feel it.

If you do a bigger line it just means any excess will sit in your nasal passage waiting to be dissolved or be absorbed in the stomach as drip.
Old 23-11-2009, 20:12

24 y/o Male

But it would still be absorbed though?
Old 23-11-2009, 21:18
Silver Member

Male from American Samoa

Wow, that's some great info Viscis! Some more questions if SWIM may :

1) How does snorting powders damage your sense of smell?
2) Why is it that I have also heard, people claiming if a powder is so small, it can enter the lungs straight away and rupture them?
3) How much use is usually regarded as being problematic? Ideally, no powders should ever go there, but how is that snuff would be regarded as less problematic as some other substance? How much powder/time does it take to corrode the whole of the tissue? Also, if somebody waits weeks/months inbetween snorting lines, then will the tissue re-grow? How would somebody know if their tissue was all corroded in their sinuses - especially if somebody does not have nose bleeds, and cannot feel any pain?
4) How long is the powder usually left in the nose for? One of my pet rabbits was snorting mephedrone once, and the next day when it swallowed his mucus, it didn't have any foul taste.

Also, my pet rabbit wants to give other swimmers a tip: If SWIY snorts in the morning or has an all night session, my pet rabbit finds it does wonders to use a steam room before going to bed. It really cleans out the sinuses.
Viscis, please could you confirm that it is true? My pet rabbit honestly tried it but it was with a few lines of mephedrone, not lots. Would this really clean out the sinuses and nose?

Sorry for going on forever, but it's best to have these questions and answers somewhere, as I can never find them, nor can any other swimmers by the looks of things.

P.S. My pet rabbit, also learned that somepeople snort a few droplets of water after insufflationg a line. How does this help aid absorbtion? Does it not result in drip forming faster, thus less absorbtion?

Once again, thank you for the information. It is greatly appreciated.

pride345 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidWardrobe View Post
But it would still be absorbed though?

From what SWIM has gathered, it depends on the individual, and how much has been snorted prior to doing the lines. Furthermore, longer lines may be problematic if they are very long, not necessarily just 'big', if you get SWIMs jist.

Of course, the more snorted (up to that individuals threshold) the more the person will feel it.

Also, another question : Does snorting up both nostrils do anything different, rather than snorting from just one nostril?

Last edited by pride345; 23-11-2009 at 21:18. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 23-11-2009, 21:39

24 y/o Male

lmao, will either be double the dose or double the surface area. Either outcome will get SWIY fucked quicker
Old 23-11-2009, 22:56
Titanium Member

Male from Sweden

1) In moderation it may not cause long term damage but extended use definately increases the risk. Everytime you snort a drug the powder dries out the mucus membranes and creates microcuts. This increases the risk of bacteria entering the nasal cavity and causing infection. As far as I can tell its this that can cause the loss of smell.

2) I've searched for quite a while to find an article on read on this stating exact granual sizes but basically the smaller the granuals a powder has the more chance it has of getting into the lungs - where whatever it is inevitably causes damage. Your body produce mucus and your nasal cavity is lined with tiny hairs which trap granuals of dirt and dust. If they are of a certain size then they cannot be caught and therefore increases the risk of bypassing this line of defence.

3) Really not sure on this one, from SWIMS experience I would say 4-5 days after a session; obviously as you increase the usage you increase the time it takes to heal.

4) Unless there is something seriously wrong with your nose - not very long. Your body will either produce extra mucus (as you have experienced) causing you to blow your nose or let it drip down the back of your throat. Either way its best to clean your nose - see point 6.

5) Some people mix cocaine with water. This means that even with a lack of mucus in the nose the aqeuous solution bypasses a step and starts being absorbed immediately. Whether this would work similarly for mephedrone is unknown (if someone trys it I will ammend this accordingly). The benefits of this would likely be increased onset and strength (thus less powder usage). The strength is increased because of the rapid onset; more is absorbed more quickly and thus increasing any effect of the drug.

6) Boiling a kettle and inhaling steam (use a kettle and a towel to cover your head to trap the steam) or using olbas oil/viks inhalers can clear the sinuses. Of course the best way is not to stick anything up there in the first place. SWIM thinks its definately best to clean your nose out after a drug session to prevent infection and removing any product that may remain.

great answer
Very helpful and informative. Thanks!

Last edited by Viscis; 24-11-2009 at 01:22.
Old 24-11-2009, 20:40
Silver Member

Male from American Samoa

Wow, thanks for the answers Viscis. SWIM appreciates the answers very much, as well as the wider community.

Thank you! Also, if somebody could 'rep' Viscis, SWIM would be greatful as he cannot .

Peace
Old 26-11-2009, 03:46

24 y/o Male

SWIM just snorted 2 lines of Mephedrone at the same time, one up one nostril one up the other lmao. It didn't work as well as SWIM expected to but SWIMs FOAF just went into a fit of laughter at SWIMS party trick.
Old 21-05-2014, 22:10
Mercury Member

23 y/o Male from Earth
weedman22 needs to UTFSE some more before posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pride345 View Post
Wow, that's some great info Viscis! Some more questions if SWIM may :

1) How does snorting powders damage your sense of smell?
2) Why is it that I have also heard, people claiming if a powder is so small, it can enter the lungs straight away and rupture them?
3) How much use is usually regarded as being problematic? Ideally, no powders should ever go there, but how is that snuff would be regarded as less problematic as some other substance? How much powder/time does it take to corrode the whole of the tissue? Also, if somebody waits weeks/months inbetween snorting lines, then will the tissue re-grow? How would somebody know if their tissue was all corroded in their sinuses - especially if somebody does not have nose bleeds, and cannot feel any pain?
4) How long is the powder usually left in the nose for? One of my pet rabbits was snorting mephedrone once, and the next day when it swallowed his mucus, it didn't have any foul taste.

Also, my pet rabbit wants to give other swimmers a tip: If SWIY snorts in the morning or has an all night session, my pet rabbit finds it does wonders to use a steam room before going to bed. It really cleans out the sinuses.
Viscis, please could you confirm that it is true? My pet rabbit honestly tried it but it was with a few lines of mephedrone, not lots. Would this really clean out the sinuses and nose?

Sorry for going on forever, but it's best to have these questions and answers somewhere, as I can never find them, nor can any other swimmers by the looks of things.

P.S. My pet rabbit, also learned that somepeople snort a few droplets of water after insufflationg a line. How does this help aid absorbtion? Does it not result in drip forming faster, thus less absorbtion?

Once again, thank you for the information. It is greatly appreciated.

pride345 added 3 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

From what SWIM has gathered, it depends on the individual, and how much has been snorted prior to doing the lines. Furthermore, longer lines may be problematic if they are very long, not necessarily just 'big', if you get SWIMs jist.

Of course, the more snorted (up to that individuals threshold) the more the person will feel it.

Also, another question : Does snorting up both nostrils do anything different, rather than snorting from just one nostril?

i always figure the left sid eof yer body kinects to right side of yer brain so it should boost creativ ity more on the left nostril, at least thts my opinion, good topic i was wonderin this myself

Share this on:

Tags
cocaine, cocaine abuse, coke, drug, drug delivery, drugs, drugs-forum, ephedrone, ginseng, insufflating, insufflation, mephedrone, narcotics, nasal cavity, olbas oil, pramiracetam, racetam, snorting, snorting cocaine, snorting damage, snorting drugs

» New Threads
When doctors are messing with the...
Last post by ray_ro333
2 Replies, 108 Views
Going back to Methadone from...
Last post by Giapsufsu
18 Replies, 1,001 Views
Supplements: Do You Take Them?
Last post by hookedonhelping
1 Replies, 22 Views
Preferring to live under the...
Last post by LuLu81